PDA

View Full Version : McGinn

Mango Man
14-07-2016, 10:34 PM
How good was he tonight?!

His pass for Boyle in the lead up to the debatable offside goal was wonderful, best player on the park by a mile.

:flag:

mentalhibee
14-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Class act, best player on the park!

neil7908
14-07-2016, 10:37 PM
Yup, he really stood out and looked dangerous every time he got the ball. There is still a certain rawness to his game but the more I see of him the more I think he'll go far in the game. He just needs to add a few more goals to his game

Billychaotic182
14-07-2016, 10:38 PM
He was great but I was really impressed with Boyle! He was everywhere and unlucky not to have an assist

HibsNutter
14-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Looks a different player to even the end of last season, hopefully he can keep progressing as he has so much potential.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Personally I thought McGregor was the best player on the park. By quite some distance. Very aggressive in the tackle and headers. Thought Mcginn played well but tried that thing where he turns inside too often and sometimes got caught out.

Still.... The lad is a fantastic talent and would love to see the club offer him a new and improved deal to show how much we value him and that his future (for at least the next 2/3 years) is at Easter Road

NAE NOOKIE
14-07-2016, 10:49 PM
The guy is a super player and if he continues to improve there is no chance he will see out his 4 year contract, but with every passing month the cost of getting him off of us is just going to grow and grow, already a million quid player and heading rapidly to two million if tonight's performance is anything to go by.

gaz1875
14-07-2016, 10:54 PM
I kept thinking he looked like Ivan Sproule strangely lol

Onceinawhile
14-07-2016, 10:56 PM
He played well and drove us on. Wish he'd shoot more often.

Ryan91
14-07-2016, 10:58 PM
When he had the ball he was dangerous, Brondby struggled to contain him and resorted to crowding him out, and even then most of the time he still found a way to slip past a few guys before he was eventually fouled. Got caught in possession a few times, but when you consider how young he is and his level of talent at the age he is, it's clear to see that he'll go far if he continues to work hard and gets the right move at the right time

Scouse Hibee
14-07-2016, 11:00 PM
Personally I thought McGregor was the best player on the park. By quite some distance. Very aggressive in the tackle and headers. Thought Mcginn played well but tried that thing where he turns inside too often and sometimes got caught out.

Still.... The lad is a fantastic talent and would love to see the club offer him a new and improved deal to show how much we value him and that his future (for at least the next 2/3 years) is at Easter Road

I agree completely, McGregor MOM by a mile for me.

snooky
14-07-2016, 11:03 PM
McGinn & McGregor were outstanding tonight.
I thought Holt started well but faded after 15 mins.
Goalie? hmmmm
The rest of the team played quite well although we still don't have a cutting edge.
Keatings & Harris didn't do much with their limited time on the park.

The ref & east linesman are surely bung suspects.
How was there only a total of 4 minutes extra played when the whole game was riddled with stoppages?
The ref should have booked himself for time-wasting in the second half.
I was disappointed in Brondby. Their gamesmanship was appalling.
Hope we nail them next week - and we can. They're not that good.

CallumHibs07
14-07-2016, 11:05 PM
I thought our whole defence looked shaky. McGinn head and shoulders above anyone in a Hibs top for me

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-07-2016, 11:11 PM
He's an outstanding footballer

Greencore
14-07-2016, 11:18 PM
I love John McGinn, sign him up!!!!

14-07-2016, 11:23 PM
He's our best player, no doubt, and needs help in midfield and in the final third if we're gonna win this league this season.

Ricky Bobby
14-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Back to his brilliant best tonight. MOM

Ozyhibby
15-07-2016, 12:10 AM
He was brilliant tonight but let's not forget Darren Mcgregor who was motm for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWJ
15-07-2016, 05:13 AM
Only 1/4 the way through his 4 year deal guys. Get promoted and offer him much better terms if that's not already in his contract but really we'll probably try and cash in if he becomes obviously too good for us.

greenlex
15-07-2016, 07:06 AM

McGregor took a punch at one if the Bronby players as they tangled on the ground in the box early doors. If that had been seen he would have been off.

renato
15-07-2016, 07:41 AM
He had 2 or 3 sublime through balls last night, including the one for the "offside" goal. They were simply the type of ball he didn't play under Stubbs but he's clearly got that in his locker too. Some player.

Keyser Sauzee
15-07-2016, 08:32 AM
I thought he was excellent last night and it for me it was because he was a lot more central than he was playing last season, best player on the park! I think Lennon sees him being our main central midfielder hence why we seen McGeough further left than McGinn.

The Captain....
15-07-2016, 09:18 AM
SJM (the player not the poster one here:greengrin) picked up where he left off last season with a performance full of energy and invention. Most of what we looked to create came thru him. There are so many times during a match where he seems to come out with the ball after looking like 2nd favourite in challenges -sheer desire and commitment and it must inspire his team mates.

I love watching the lad - I hope we can keep him beyond this season (although I'd be surprised if he isnt attracting some serious interest from down South).

snooky
15-07-2016, 09:27 AM
McGregor took a punch at one if the Bronby players as they tangled on the ground in the box early doors. If that had been seen he would have been off.

To be fair, I thought Brondby started the heavy stuff from the off.
In times gone by we would have cowered off.
As Kenny Rodgers once sang "Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man"

Highland_Hibee
15-07-2016, 11:39 PM
The lad has a good head on his shoulders, if someone is advising Jason Cummings to stay with us for the time being then there is sure as hell someone advising John McGinn. There is nothing more I love to see in Football is loyalty rewarded. These lads delivered us the Scottish Cup and they can deliver us back up to the Premier League. While my heart says I want them to stay forever my head says they will earn us a tidy profit in 2-4 years and go on to have great careers. As a Scotland fan I can only hope to see a future team containing McGinn and Cummings (and Henderson).

Jdawg
16-07-2016, 09:44 AM
The lad has a good head on his shoulders, if someone is advising Jason Cummings to stay with us for the time being then there is sure as hell someone advising John McGinn. There is nothing more I love to see in Football is loyalty rewarded. These lads delivered us the Scottish Cup and they can deliver us back up to the Premier League. While my heart says I want them to stay forever my head says they will earn us a tidy profit in 2-4 years and go on to have great careers. As a Scotland fan I can only hope to see a future team containing McGinn and Cummings (and Henderson).

They will probably leave if they keep progressing, we will get good money when they still have 2 years left but not 4. Unless they sign further deals.

Realistically if we get another 2 seasons then that will be fantastic.

patlowe
17-07-2016, 01:33 AM
McGinn has the potential to be top class and good on our board/Stubbs for seeing that and acting accordingly with the four year deal. If he is still with us in two years time then there's probably something gone a bit wrong but getting him on that length of contract means everyone should be happy when the bids inevitably come in. He was the best player on the park v Brondby - if more young footballers in this country had his attitude we'd have hope for a national team of real note.