PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations on the "Heroes" Banner

bigwheel
14-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Just a message to say big thanks and well done to whoever created and brought out the "heroes" banner to tonight's game. The tone and style of it was spot on...the players deserved that nod to them...nice one guys! Respect :top marks

Itsnoteasy
14-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Just a message to say big thanks and well done to whoever created and brought out the "heroes" banner to tonight's game. The tone and style of it was spot on...the players deserved that nod to them...nice one guys! Respect :top marks

Got to agree. Hibs class

Logie
14-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Was amazing! Should have it out every single game for the Scottish Cup Champions 😉🏆💚

GreenCastle
14-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Looked a great banner - someone needs to post for those who didn't see it.

Well done all making it and the flags for the display !

Jack
14-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Well done the banner boys.

That's 2 fantastic banners we've had at consecutive competitive matches.

Hard act to follow ;-)

Onceinawhile
14-07-2016, 10:12 PM
I understand why it was what it was and it was a very well made banner. but it wasn't for me. I don't see the relevance of having Stubbs, stokes, logan etc... On a banner.

I'd have liked a 'time for more heroes' banner. But I don't make any effort whatsoever and don't want to put down those who do.

frazeHFC
14-07-2016, 10:16 PM
I understand why it was what it was and it was a very well made banner. but it wasn't for me. I don't see the relevance of having Stubbs, stokes, logan etc... On a banner.

I'd have liked a 'time for more heroes' banner. But I don't make any effort whatsoever and don't want to put down those who do.

surely the relevance is that they were part of the team who won us the cup? Stubbsy song started tonight and loads hushed it down. We've waited so long why shouldn't we be proud of those who won it?

I know Stubbs is gone but he did deliver without doubt the best football day of most Hibs fans lives.

bigwheel
14-07-2016, 10:20 PM

Never done it for 114 years and it was our first competitive games since then... Not relevant - hahaha. Lighten up

Jonnyboy
14-07-2016, 10:21 PM
surely the relevance is that they were part of the team who won us the cup? Stubbsy song started tonight and loads hushed it down. We've waited so long why shouldn't we be proud of those who won it?

I know Stubbs is gone but he did delivery without doubt the best football day of most Hibs fans lives.

Never heard that but did hear, and join in with, the Stokes is on fire song :greengrin

I see nothing wrong with the banner. It marks a great day in the history of our club :agree:

Jay
14-07-2016, 10:22 PM

Dont know how to turn it round so just turn yer heids :)

Billy
14-07-2016, 10:32 PM
I text a picture to our previous manager and he gave it a double thumbs up 👍👍

Ilovehibs
14-07-2016, 10:36 PM
Conrad has tweeted that he wished he'd been at ER to see it.

SaulGoodman
14-07-2016, 10:37 PM
I text a picture to our previous manager and he gave it a double thumbs up 👍👍

What you doing with Colin Calderwoods number?

mentalhibee
14-07-2016, 10:38 PM

The relevance is that they won the Scottish cup for us!! Brilliant banner.

BoomtownHibees
14-07-2016, 10:38 PM

So is that it now? Some of the heroes are gone we can now forget about them??

Dinkydoo
14-07-2016, 10:40 PM
What you doing with Colin Calderwoods number?
Billy only received two thumbs-up in error, one was meant for someone else.

CapitalGreen
14-07-2016, 10:42 PM

Whilst we are at what's with the North stand being called the Famous Five. What's the relevance? They don't play for us anymore!

bigwheel
14-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Whilst we are at what's with the North stand being called the Famous Five. What's the relevance? They don't play for us anymore!

Indeed. It should be renamed to "where's the next five ?" [emoji2][emoji2]

Sir David Gray
14-07-2016, 10:50 PM

Surely the relevance is that we want to show our appreciation to everyone who played a part in the greatest day in living memory of our club, regardless of whether or not they are still at the club.

Everyone who was involved with our Scottish Cup victory will be Hibernian legends for the rest of their lives and it's inevitable that they are going to have tributes to them such as the one done this evening.

Onceinawhile
14-07-2016, 10:51 PM
The relevance is that they won the Scottish cup for us!! Brilliant banner.

Totally get that they did that and believe me, I'm forever grateful, but I don't see how it inspires those who weren't involved who played today. And that imo, is the point of these things.

Onceinawhile
14-07-2016, 10:52 PM

Didn't say that. But stokes, logan etc... Weren't there tonight. I thought tonight should have been about tonight
Just my opinion.

3pm
14-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Picture on Kenny's tweet.

https://twitter.com/kenny_millar/status/753661431866912768

DaveF
14-07-2016, 11:02 PM
It was fantastic. Well done to those who made it.

The_Horde
14-07-2016, 11:43 PM

Great troll m8

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-07-2016, 11:47 PM

It's a banner thanking those that gave us the greatest day ever. They should be celebrated from now until eternity. Man Utd fans still sing songs about Ole Solksjaaer scoring the winner in their 1999 champs league final. The banner at Hampden asked for heroes and they delivered-and then some. A banner is the least we could do [emoji41]

Alex Trager
15-07-2016, 12:08 AM
It's a banner thanking those that gave us the greatest day ever. They should be celebrated from now until eternity. Man Utd fans still sing songs about Ole Solksjaaer scoring the winner in their 1999 champs league final. The banner at Hampden asked for heroes and they delivered-and then some. A banner is the least we could do [emoji41]

'I but some of us just want to go to the games and enjoy it. Enjoy the pre match atmosphere' [emoji102]

Since1875Hibs
15-07-2016, 12:55 AM

Have a word with yourself!

wearethehibs
15-07-2016, 07:00 AM
Totally get that they did that and believe me, I'm forever grateful, but I don't see how it inspires those who weren't involved who played today. And that imo, is the point of these things.

I think it would inspire those that weren't involved.

Shows them how much we appreciated the success of that team and should make them want to bring us more.

Itsnoteasy
15-07-2016, 07:19 AM

What's the point in singing glory glory to the Hibees. Same difference.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-07-2016, 07:30 AM

He's not getting it lads I'd give up. Hard to know whether he's being obtuse or not.

LithgaeHibby
15-07-2016, 08:20 AM
And great effort by all involved for the flag display. Just a pity that the referee ruined that too, as well as doing his best to ruin everything else on the night from a Hibs point of view, by getting the players out far too early. Result was that a lot of people had not even taken their seats yet, so only half the flags were waved. I've never seen players passing the ball around like that before kick-off because they have been called out so early. Incompetent ref should never be allowed to take charge of a European game again.

GreenCastle
15-07-2016, 08:30 AM
And great effort by all involved for the flag display. Just a pity that the referee ruined that too, as well as doing his best to ruin everything else on the night from a Hibs point of view, by getting the players out far too early. Result was that a lot of people had not even taken their seats yet, so only half the flags were waved. I've never seen players passing the ball around like that before kick-off because they have been called out so early. Incompetent ref should never be allowed to take charge of a European game again.

Just googled the ref and he refs in Spain.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/dani-alves-error-condemns-toothless-barcelona-defeat-and-ends-winning-streak-3957449

midfield_maestro
15-07-2016, 10:12 AM
I thought it was great, and was the natural follow up to the banner at Hampden which was also a spine tingling thing to see. Maybe not possible with copyright etc but I would love to hear a mashup over the speakers of moments from that cup campaign during the build up to kick off at home, ending with "Henderson to deliverrrrrrr......" . These guys are legends, I've been singing about Reilly and Turnbull for all these years and am 30 years to young to have seen them. What's wrong with celebrating our modern heroes?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
15-07-2016, 10:43 AM
Is the "Time For Heroes" banner still about? Class.

givescotlandfreedom
15-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Is the "Time For Heroes" banner still about? Class.

It would look good across South Upper

The Captain....
15-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Thought it looked superb- well done to all involved.

Topographic Hibby
15-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Thought it looked superb- well done to all involved.

Agreed. OK, a few are no longer at the club, but an important "Thank You" from fans to the team from that day, many of whom are still with the club. And just like "Time For Heroes" banner, loads of kudos due to those who arranged it. :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
15-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Fantastic effort .

Dunedin Hibs
16-07-2016, 04:34 AM
Great banner! A fitting and wonderful reference to, not only the great team that won us the cup, but also the great banner on the day that inspired us all. It takes effort, co-ordination and a passion to do such things. Our players must have appreciated it. To move into the future we must honour properly those that have come before, including the Famous Five of course. This is a new chapter, but by god, the last one ended with a bang!

macca70
16-07-2016, 05:18 AM
Superb banner, that team regardless of whose still here deserves the recognition for winning that cup.

It will be inspirational to the new members of the team, will inspire them to be part of our history and go on to be a success.

Just like having the names on the steps up the tunnel.

Haymaker
16-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Would like to see that somewhere in the stadium every week.

Stoney Hibee
16-07-2016, 12:36 PM
I thought it was amazing and we need to find a permanent home for it. I know it was very long but could it be framed and put on a wall in one of the stands?

Pretty Boy
16-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Would like to see that somewhere in the stadium every week.

Right along the back of the South would look good. The upper tier there is unlikely to be used for any league games this year.

I'll be getting in touch with Hibs to get the .net flag back up shortly and would be good to see the Bounce, Stevenson and St Pats flags back as well. The Heroes banner would be a great addition imo.

Haymaker
16-07-2016, 12:49 PM
Right along the back of the South would look good. The upper tier there is unlikely to be used for any league games this year.

I'll be getting in touch with Hibs to get the .net flag back up shortly and would be good to see the Bounce, Stevenson and St Pats flags back as well. The Heroes banner would be a great addition imo.

Would look good there!

hibsdaft
16-07-2016, 02:26 PM
superb effort.

NAE NOOKIE
16-07-2016, 03:23 PM
I thought it was great, and was the natural follow up to the banner at Hampden which was also a spine tingling thing to see. Maybe not possible with copyright etc but I would love to hear a mashup over the speakers of moments from that cup campaign during the build up to kick off at home, ending with "Henderson to deliverrrrrrr......" . These guys are legends, I've been singing about Reilly and Turnbull for all these years and am 30 years to young to have seen them. What's wrong with celebrating our modern heroes?

That mate is an extremely valid point ..... we have songs about the famous five and even Turnbull's Tornadoes, but how many of our current core of fans even saw the Tornadoes in their heyday, never mind the famous five. Its fantastic that todays young Hibs fans have a team they can boast about and be proud of, a team that actually made a mark on Hibs history .... one that even the FF or Tornadoes couldn't manage, great teams though they were.

Time for a new song I think :greengrin