PDA

View Full Version : Idiots fighting on easter road

pacoluna
14-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Outside middletons between both sets of fans

R'Albin
14-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Good to see a few survived the Hampden riots.

oconnors_strip
14-07-2016, 09:04 PM
I presume this is why the traffic is getting held back longer than normal in Albion gardens and surrounding area.

HH81
How many away fans were they?

Mr White
I'm surprised at that. We walked over Crawford bridge with a good few of the Danes mixing no problem with a crowd of hibs fans.

SmashinGlass
14-07-2016, 09:05 PM
I'm surprised at that. We walked over Crawford bridge with a good few of the Danes mixing no problem with a crowd of hibs fans.

Likewise. We walked off along Rossie Place and heard it all behind us. Utterly bizarre

neil7908
14-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Really disappointing to hear, not what we need after the cup final. Why can't some folk just get a grip

pacoluna
14-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Good to see a few survived the Hampden riots.

These type are the real a*seholes that can p*ss off and get the life time bans

HibbyKeith
14-07-2016, 09:09 PM
It doesn't do the hibby's that are travelling over there next week any favours either.

We don't need the bad publicity and I'd like to think that we are a family club who can mingle well with other supporters but just like in the aftermath of the cup final a small minority ruin it for everyone else.

Pete
14-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Probably Huns who were goaded into action.
Or obsessed Saviles.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Im stuck in Middletons, doubt the Brondby lot were at the game, looked quite "naughty" though! Wouldnae be too quick to blame our own to be honest.

Sean1875
14-07-2016, 09:15 PM
was stood at the top of Easter road for the bus and police cars were flying down there from all directions, wondered what was going on.. shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magpie1892
14-07-2016, 09:16 PM
We don't need the bad publicity and I'd like to think that we are a family club.

LD etc., definitely want Hibernian to be viewed as a family club - as do 99.9% of us - but I don't think we are thought of this way, purely in my opinion.

There is a little bit of 'radge' surrounding the club that I am not sure will ever go away. Most port town teams have it.

The_Horde
14-07-2016, 09:18 PM
Because of the media outrage at our cup final celebrations all teams now want a pop at the 'notorious' hibs.

Yes, Keith Jackson, that is to I'm speaking to.

Arch Stanton
14-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Im stuck in Middletons, doubt the Brondby lot were at the game, looked quite "naughty" though! Wouldnae be too quick to blame our own to be honest.

I doubt it also. At that time their fans were still in the stadium doing a big Icelandic-type roadshow.

WoreTheGreen
14-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Because of the media outrage at our cup final celebrations all teams now want a pop at the 'notorious' hibs.

Yes, Keith Jackson, that is to I'm speaking to.

Jackson will be getting tucked in getting his bed time story from "uncle Jim T"

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2016, 09:27 PM
How many away fans were they?

Not many (350) maybe, noisy bassas though! :-)

St Pauli Hibee
14-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Sad to hear that possible fights going on at Easter road, apart from these ar**holes thought the game was decent and Brondby fans were fantastic throughout, pity we can't have fans like that

CapitalGreen
14-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Not many (350) maybe, noisy bassas though! :-)

Would be surprised if it was as many as that

Glory Lurker
14-07-2016, 09:37 PM
The irony is that anybody that causes or joins bother as a Hibbie is not actually worthy of the name. Jog on, boys.

Dashing Bob S
14-07-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm sure it would be a minor skirmish between rival 'mobs'. And it will inevitably be the same in Copenhagen. It would invariably be all consenting adults and I would doubt any civilians were hurt in the making of, etc etc.

I'm not condoning that sort of thing, but nor am I condoning the inevitable bedwetting that follows, which is just as predictable and dull.

GreenCastle
14-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Didn't see any issues as the fans mixed after the game.

hibee316
14-07-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm sure it would be a minor skirmish between rival 'mobs'. And it will inevitably be the same in Copenhagen. It would invariably be all consenting adults and I would doubt any civilians were hurt in the making of, etc etc.

I'm not condoning that sort of thing, but nor am I condoning the inevitable bedwetting that follows, which is just as predictable and dull.

Quite right they can fight if they want to, but why on a street where the vast vast majority of people are completly against it. Go fight in a field.

It isn't bed wetting.
It's pathetic from supposed grown men.

To sum up;
Fight in a field, where no one else is bothered by you.

Mantis Toboggan
14-07-2016, 10:29 PM
Quite right they can fight if they want to, but why on a street where the vast vast majority of people are completly against it. Go fight in a field.

It isn't bed wetting.
It's pathetic from supposed grown men.

To sum up;
Fight in a field, where no one else is bothered by you.

Securing a suitable field to fight on is going to be well beyond the organisational skills of the people involved based on the look I got at them.

Ilovehibs
14-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Securing a suitable field to fight on is going to be well beyond the organisational skills of the people involved based on the look I got at them.

Aye. How many were fighting? Was it serious?

Golden Bear
15-07-2016, 08:12 AM

I don't think you would be so dismissive if it happened in front of your family or in your own backyard.

flash
15-07-2016, 08:19 AM

Don't be such an erse. People get caught up in this childish crap all the time.

J-C
15-07-2016, 09:48 AM
I left the other direction but sad to hear some dick heads getting involved in fighting, usually it happens to be young neds who are up for a a bit of a scuffle, nae need nowadays, I thought all this was gone decades ago but it seems to be back again.

Booked4Being-Ugly
15-07-2016, 09:58 AM
There seems to be a infestation of wee cockroaches that crawl out the woodwork and use following Hibs as a cover to cause bother.

lyonhibs
15-07-2016, 11:42 AM
There seems to be a infestation of wee cockroaches that crawl out the woodwork and use following Hibs as a cover to cause bother.

That is the exact cover story that we laugh our tits off when it's trotted out by Rangers or Hearts.

They are people who attend Hibs matches, probably more regularly than we'd like to admit.

They are also wee (or often fully grown, which is even sadder) dickheads. But they aren't using Hibs "as a cover" for bother.

They go to the Hibs game, get tanked up beforehand, sit in their seat (probably yelling incoherent drunken abuse at their own players) and then cause bother.

bigwheel
15-07-2016, 11:54 AM
So setting the cat amongst the pigeons here...

Firstly, I've no idea what happened last night - as do a few on this thread I suspect. What happened? who starts it etc..would be worth knowing before people make judgement..

Also, on a broader point - I recall going to Ibrox, Parkhead, places like Ayr, Morton etc and many other grounds before the mid to late 80's when the Hibs Casuals got their act together. We used to be bullied and hassled always in these places. These bunch of guys, made it relatively safe to go anywhere. Firstly, the stuck up for Hibs fans at any away ground, and secondly, they by and large, took the fight away from "scarfers" and left it between though who fancied a scrap..and they brought in a few decent songs ..."ooh to be" anyone?

So without judging last night ..let's not get on our high horse about those who chose the "casual" lifestyle. They helped Hibs fans in many ways and occasions, down the years...

Brizo
15-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Not surprised. There seemed to a lot of the Hibs "usual suspects" out and about before the game and after it a smallish crowd of non scarf wearing types outside Middletons who I didn't recognise and could well have been their Brondby counterparts ?

Hibs will always have an element who will go looking for trouble and I don't mean the SCF which was almost a return to the 70s with guys in team colours going boxing. Best club can do is limit the potential for such things, which is why im surprised at us arranging a "friendly" vs Birmingham.

Killiehibbie
15-07-2016, 12:01 PM
I don't get this not a Hibs fan because they like a fight. Some of these guys have been going to games all their lives.

WeeRussell
15-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Must have just missed this as I walked up Easter rd to head home and never seen any sign of trouble - I was up pretty sharp right enough.

Incidents involving minorities will continue to happen - just like the gentleman (I'm assuming male going by the tone of his voice) sat a few rows behind me with his choice homophobic and racial remarks towards officials and opposing players.

And nope I didn't report him - I couldn't even single out who it was as he was behind, but it wasn't pretty.. and relatively regular. Very sad.

Other than that, it was only the said officials and opposition players that were annoying me :agree:

The Captain....
15-07-2016, 12:03 PM
One of the lads we go to the games with witnessed it and told us it was Brondby fans and police scuffling near top of ER.

lyonhibs
15-07-2016, 12:15 PM
So setting the cat amongst the pigeons here...

Firstly, I've no idea what happened last night - as do a few on this thread I suspect. What happened? who starts it etc..would be worth knowing before people make judgement..

Also, on a broader point - I recall going to Ibrox, Parkhead, places like Ayr, Morton etc and many other grounds before the mid to late 80's when the Hibs Casuals got their act together. We used to be bullied and hassled always in these places. These bunch of guys, made it relatively safe to go anywhere. Firstly, the stuck up for Hibs fans at any away ground, and secondly, they by and large, took the fight away from "scarfers" and left it between though who fancied a scrap..and they brought in a few decent songs ..."ooh to be" anyone?

So without judging last night ..let's not get on our high horse about those who chose the "casual" lifestyle. They helped Hibs fans in many ways and occasions, down the years...

But this is 2016. In a home game where we outnumbered the away fans what, 35-1? And the fighting was seemingly slap bang on one of the main arteries that "scarfers" use to go home.

So all of the defence's main arguments are invalid.

The folk fighting last night, assuming Hibs fans were involved not just Brondby vs The Polis, old or young, are bellends that I'm sure we all (most) wish would never darken ER's door again.

bigwheel
15-07-2016, 12:18 PM
But this is 2016. In a home game where we outnumbered the away fans what, 35-1? And the fighting was seemingly slap bang on one of the main arteries that "scarfers" use to go home.

The folk fighting last night, assuming Hibs fans were involved not just Brondby vs The Polis, old or young, are bellends that I'm sure we all (most) wish would never darken ER's door again.

That's just it. You are casting a view and you have no idea who did what to who?

WeeRussell
15-07-2016, 12:27 PM
That's just it. You are casting a view and you have no idea who did what to who?

Not really. You both gave views acknowledging that you don't know the details of what took place last night :aok:

"The folk fighting last night, assuming Hibs fans were involved not just Brondby vs The Polis, old or young..." - I don't think Lyonhibs means he IS assuming Hibs fans were involved by saying this - but rather giving the view that IF they were.. they are bellends.

:greengrin

Geo_1875
15-07-2016, 12:35 PM
If any Hibs fans were fighting they were being dicks. If any Brondby fans were fighting they were being dicks. If it was 2 teams of neutrals fighting they were being dicks.

I wasn't fighting. I'm not a dick.

Finn2015
15-07-2016, 12:37 PM
I don't get this not a Hibs fan because they like a fight. Some of these guys have been going to games all their lives.

Very true. I won't name names but I can think of one hibs casual who was very prominent who follows hibs through thick and thin and travels everywhere. We can all make judgements about the morality of hooliganism but it's wrong to say they are not fans when a lot clearly are l

Fuzzywuzzy
15-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Was told the older boys had been in the kingsmanor before the game

Dashing Bob S
15-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Very true. I won't name names but I can think of one hibs casual who was very prominent who follows hibs through thick and thin and travels everywhere. We can all make judgements about the morality of hooliganism but it's wrong to say they are not fans when a lot clearly are l

For sure. Most older heads from that era don't take part anymore, bar the odd nostalgic tickle on euro trips or preseason friendlies. Very few would be daft enough to brawl in Easter Road. I suspect it would be a more youthful mob, doing what young men have done since the year dot. Not particularly pleasant for civilians, particularly those with children around, to witness, but hardly scarring for life. You'll see a lot worse on the news.

I wonder what kind of youth some of the posters on here had. Utterly boring, I would suspect.

lyonhibs
15-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Not really. You both gave views acknowledging that you don't know the details of what took place last night :aok:

"The folk fighting last night, assuming Hibs fans were involved not just Brondby vs The Polis, old or young..." - I don't think Lyonhibs means he IS assuming Hibs fans were involved by saying this - but rather giving the view that IF they were.. they are bellends.

Indeed. Poor wording on my part.

blackpoolhibs
15-07-2016, 01:29 PM
If any Hibs fans were fighting they were being dicks. If any Brondby fans were fighting they were being dicks. If it was 2 teams of neutrals fighting they were being dicks.

I am if i'm honest, and i was over 200 miles away. :wink:

ekhibee
15-07-2016, 02:46 PM
Not surprised. There seemed to a lot of the Hibs "usual suspects" out and about before the game and after it a smallish crowd of non scarf wearing types outside Middletons who I didn't recognise and could well have been their Brondby counterparts ?

Hibs will always have an element who will go looking for trouble and I don't mean the SCF which was almost a return to the 70s with guys in team colours going boxing. Best club can do is limit the potential for such things, which is why im surprised at us arranging a "friendly" vs Birmingham.
Exactly my thoughts. Not exactly the best bit of planning by the club. Some who were involved tonight will no doubt see it as a warm-up for after the Birmingham game.

Ergye
15-07-2016, 02:56 PM
For sure. Most older heads from that era don't take part anymore, bar the odd nostalgic tickle on euro trips or preseason friendlies. Very few would be daft enough to brawl in Easter Road. I suspect it would be a more youthful mob, doing what young men have done since the year dot. Not particularly pleasant for civilians, particularly those with children around, to witness, but hardly scarring for life. You'll see a lot worse on the news.

I wonder what kind of youth some of the posters on here had. Utterly boring, I would suspect.

I kinda get the wanting to fight part, but there's better ways to channel that aggression surely, than spending your weeks wage on a gaudy shirt only to have it ripped off your back as you "pavement dance" with another identical looking, repressed homosexual with a bad, bum fluff mouser.

I had plenty sex as an utterly boring lad. Always calmed me down. Something evidently missing from certain peoples lives.

Pete
15-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Brondby fans were fantastic throughout, pity we can't have fans like that

Personally, I think our fans are great and I wouldn't swap them for anyone.

CropleyWasGod
15-07-2016, 03:47 PM
I was challenged by a Brondby hard-looking guy before the game last night.

Me.... who couldn't fight sleep :LOL:

On reflection, maybe I shouldn't have laughed at him......:cb

Hamish
15-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Exactly my thoughts. Not exactly the best bit of planning by the club. Some who were involved tonight will no doubt see it as a warm-up for after the Birmingham game.

Birmingham game might be a non starter according to some of our better informed posters

CapitalGreen
15-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Birmingham game might be a non starter according to some of our better informed posters

Someone better tell Birmingham as they have been selling tickets since Wednesday.

Pretty Boy
15-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Personally, I think our fans are great and I wouldn't swap them for anyone.

Yep.

If I wanted to watch people clap in rhythym and chant relentlessly mundane stuff for hours on end I'd watch those weird games in North Korea. I like the spontaneity and recationary nature of a football crowd as opposed to the coordinated stuff from Brondby last night.

I'll wager with a few pints in them the Hibs fans in Brondby will give the team brilliant backing and if we are looking like getting a result will raise the roof. Contrary to what some want us to believe Hibs have an incredibly loyal and passionate fan base who have backed the club through both the best and worst of times.

Dashing Bob S
15-07-2016, 05:16 PM
I kinda get the wanting to fight part, but there's better ways to channel that aggression surely, than spending your weeks wage on a gaudy shirt only to have it ripped off your back as you "pavement dance" with another identical looking, repressed homosexual with a bad, bum fluff mouser.

I had plenty sex as an utterly boring lad. Always calmed me down. Something evidently missing from certain peoples lives.

Before and after the football, for sure, but not during. Let's leave that one to our friends from across the city.

.Sean.
15-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Yep.

If I wanted to watch people clap in rhythym and chant relentlessly mundane stuff for hours on end I'd watch those weird games in North Korea. I like the spontaneity and recationary nature of a football crowd as opposed to the coordinated stuff from Brondby last night.

I'll wager with a few pints in them the Hibs fans in Brondby will give the team brilliant backing and if we are looking like getting a result will raise the roof. Contrary to what some want us to believe Hibs have an incredibly loyal and passionate fan base who have backed the club through both the best and worst of times.Spot on as per :aok:

Absolutely buzzing for leaving on Wednesday now, even moreso after last night.

They're no great shakes and Brondby are there for the taking.

ekhibee
16-07-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that Hertha Berlin like a good pagger, but it might have been a few years back.

Jack
16-07-2016, 09:48 AM

Indeed. And we scoff at other clubs caught in centuries past!

Ayrshire Hibee
16-07-2016, 09:48 AM
I decided to go into Middletons after the game (1st time in years) for a pint with my son & within 2 minutes of us being in there 3 or 4 Hibs fans ran into the pub through the door via the side street & slammed it shut, front door was shut soon after and we heard a bit of noise outside....looking out the window there were around 50 Brondby hooligans lashing out at anyone who passed...the police soon had them under control and kept them pinned against co op across the street untill the riot vans arrived. one of the Hibs boys had a cut knee looks like he fell while trying to get into the pub. by the time i finished my pint the police had moved them on. These hooligans were not in the stadium for the game :agree:

Jack
16-07-2016, 09:52 AM
I decided to go into Middletons after the game (1st time in years) for a pint with my son & within 2 minutes of us being in there 3 or 4 Hibs fans ran into the pub through the door via the side street & slammed it shut, front door was shut soon after and we heard a bit of noise outside....looking out the window there were around 50 Brondby hooligans lashing out at anyone who passed...the police soon had them under control and kept them pinned against co op across the street untill the riot vans arrived. one of the Hibs boys had a cut knee looks like he fell while trying to get into the pub. by the time i finished my pint the police had moved them on. These hooligans were not in the stadium for the game :agree:

Good grief, a first hand account of what happened! Thank you.

That will spoil a few folks thoughts on things :-)

Ayrshire Hibee
16-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Good grief, a first hand account of what happened! Thank you.

That will spoil a few folks thoughts on things :-)

my son started to video it from the window in the pub but i told him best keep away from the window incase a brick comes through it :rolleyes:

Keith_M
16-07-2016, 10:08 AM
So, the truth is that it was Brondby Hooligans lashing out at anybody and everybody, regardless of whether their victims were there for a rumble.

Now I wish the Hibs Casuals had turned up, and given them a lesson in fighting ettiqutte.

:take that

p.s. Disclaimer: Yes, I was involved in the 80s scene, however briefly. No, I most certainly did not attack innocent bystanders, as that was an absolute no-no with the guys I hung around with.

Finn2015
16-07-2016, 10:21 AM
So, the truth is that it was Brondby Hooligans lashing out at anybody and everybody, regardless of whether their victims were there for a rumble.

Now I wish the Hibs Casuals had turned up, and given them a lesson in fighting ettiqutte.

:take that

p.s. Disclaimer: Yes, I was involved in the 80s scene, however briefly. No, I most certainly did not attack innocent bystanders, as that was an absolute no-no with the guys I hung around with.

Sod it im going to nail my colours to the mast here. I've never been a casual. Never. However, read a bit about the CCS and books from Derek dykes and Andy blance and to be honest, I think they came across very well and it did actually give me some amount of admiration that it very much seemed the case that hibs scarfers and fans were routinely given a hard time by the likes of Rangers, yams, Aberdeen, Celtic etc etc and it soon changed with the advent of the casuals/ CCS. Now I'm sure that the CCS were not angels and sure, innocent supporters got caught up from time to time but in that respect, I admire them.

Tin hat on, I'll await the abuse

norhfc
16-07-2016, 10:25 AM
I live in Scandanavia, most of these guys have watched too many hooligan movies. Basically copied the British football culture which had evolved over many decades. They have no etiquette, no idea about the culture, just plain copied it from the movies. I,m taking my wife to Copenhagen for a dirty weekend.....I mean the game and would rather enjoy the occasion feeling relaxed and no looking out the window for idiots....no happy if they ruin my wee break.

Hibrandenburg
16-07-2016, 10:33 AM
Anybody who goes to the fitbaw looking to batter someone, whether it be a like minded tube or an innocent bystander is a welt and probably has a very small *****.

Keith_M
16-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Anybody who goes to the fitbaw looking to batter someone, whether it be a like minded tube or an innocent bystander is a welt and probably has a very small *****.

You saw me in the showers at School then?

:wink:

Hibrandenburg
16-07-2016, 10:50 AM
You saw me in the showers at School then?

No but I always wondered why you kept yer pants on :wink:

Keith_M
16-07-2016, 11:08 AM
No but I always wondered why you kept yer pants on :wink:

Ah, so you DID look!

Hibby D
16-07-2016, 11:08 AM

:agree:

Hibrandenburg
16-07-2016, 11:56 AM
I'm sure I read somewhere that Hertha Berlin like a good pagger, but it might have been a few years back.

I'm sure that's probably a load of pish!

BurghHibby
16-07-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm sure that's probably a load of pish!

Not really, seen it myself when there for a weekend a few years ago with the missus.
Pagering with the cops and rival fans near the top end of the Ku'dam, went on for a wee bit as well.

.Sean.
16-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Not surprised the tiresome old 'casuals aren't real fans' argument has reared his head. :rolleyes:

I know several folk who associate with them who travel home and away on a weekly basis and you'll no meet more passionate Hibs supporters. Some of the part-timers on here who criticise them would be doing well to even attend half the matches they guys make.

Hibrandenburg
16-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Not really, seen it myself when there for a weekend a few years ago with the missus.
Pagering with the cops and rival fans near the top end of the Ku'dam, went on for a wee bit as well.

I live there and go along occasional and have been doing so for over 20 years and could count the incidents I've seen on 1 hand.

It's pish.

Scouse Hibee
16-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Not surprised the tiresome old 'casuals aren't real fans' argument has reared his head. :rolleyes:

I know several folk who associate with them who travel home and away on a weekly basis and you'll no meet more passionate Hibs supporters. Some of the part-timers on here who criticise them would be doing well to even attend half the matches they guys make.

I don't think the dig at them relates to their willingness to travel and attend games, more that they do so as to be able to get themselves involved in trouble which is just as an attraction to them as the football.

BurghHibby
16-07-2016, 12:32 PM
I live there and go along occasional and have been doing so for over 20 years and could count the incidents I've seen on 1 hand.

It's pish.

So you could count the incidents on one hand as you've been along occasionally (meaning there have been incidents when you have occasionally went along) but it's still pish anyway!
Aye right then.

Hibrandenburg
16-07-2016, 12:44 PM
So you could count the incidents on one hand as you've been along occasionally (meaning there have been incidents when you have occasionally went along) but it's still pish anyway!
Aye right then.

I also read the local press, do you?

I follow German football and have played for 2 Berlin clubs, have you?

I've got friends who are season ticket holders, do you?

I've been to in excess of 80 Hertha games home and away, how many have you seen?

Aye, it's pish.

eastterrace
16-07-2016, 12:47 PM
I also read the local press, do you? I follow German football and have played for 2 Berlin clubs, have you? I've got friends who are season ticket holders, do you? I've been to in excess of 80 Hertha games home and away, how many have you seen? Aye, it's pish. that will be that discussion over then.

Scouse Hibee
16-07-2016, 12:49 PM

I've been to in excess of 80 Hertha games home and away, how many have you seen?

Aye, it's pish.

I think you now have him in your back pocket :greengrin

Ergye
16-07-2016, 01:01 PM
I live in Scandanavia, most of these guys have watched too many hooligan movies. Basically copied the British football culture which had evolved over many decades. They have no etiquette, no idea about the culture, just plain copied it from the movies. I,m taking my wife to Copenhagen for a dirty weekend.....I mean the game and would rather enjoy the occasion feeling relaxed and no looking out the window for idiots....no happy if they ruin my wee break.

When we were in Malmo, we got latched on to by a Helsingborg fan on the walk to the ground. He was completely obsessed with hooliganism. It was pretty much all he talked about. He was a nice young lad though. He came in to the game with us and joined in with the Hibs songs with gusto. He really hated Malmo (Don't we all now?). We gave him a Hibs top and we kept in touch.

He came over to Edinburgh for the 'relegation party' Derby at Tynecastle with us, resplendent in Stone Island with lots of yappy, excited talking about firms and fighting, and seemed sorely disappointed that we were just a regular bunch of guys laughing at each others bald spots and crap clothes out for a drink and a laugh. I think he liked the pitch invader and the shoes and seats getting lobbed at the Hearts goalie though.

He stopped contact with us not long after going back. But, yea, basically looking for something that just does not exist. My memory of him will be that he couldn't drink at all, and his disgusted face when looking at the black pudding in his full breakfast at my local cafe. 'What the **** is this ****?' :greengrin

Andy Lazic if you are reading this. WE MISS YOU !!

St Pauli Hibee
16-07-2016, 01:53 PM
I think the teams in Germany that like a good paggar are Stuttgart, Kaiserslautern, Dynamo Dresden & Eintracht Frankfurt

Went to Stuttgart V Eintracht a few years back dodgy was an understatement

Dresden are so right wing aswell so going to there in September against St. Pauli should be an occasion

Finn2015
16-07-2016, 02:10 PM

Aye, it's pish.

But, but but..... Aye ok you got this one then😳

Carheenlea
16-07-2016, 02:28 PM
I've never really liked the term "scarfer". It's probably not, but I've always felt it a bit of an insulting term for those who are not brawlers, or for those who choose to wear Hibs themed clothing rather than overpriced sportswear.

Hibrandenburg
16-07-2016, 02:42 PM
I think the teams in Germany that like a good paggar are Stuttgart, Kaiserslautern, Dynamo Dresden & Eintracht Frankfurt

Went to Stuttgart V Eintracht a few years back dodgy was an understatement

Dresden are so right wing aswell so going to there in September against St. Pauli should be an occasion

Leipzig will be the ones most likely to have a hooligan element and they've just been promoted to the Bundesliga.

Keith_M
16-07-2016, 06:43 PM
Leipzig will be the ones most likely to have a hooligan element and they've just been promoted to the Bundesliga.

Manufactured football club, I already dislike them for that.

Much prefer Sachsen Leipzig... but then they do play in green and white

BurghHibby
16-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Musselburgh News
Nope
Hibs ones aye
Approx 2,500 Hibs games
Aye, it's pish.

Still stand by what I witnessed first hand but accept it could have been a rare occasion.
So will bow to your superior Berlin knowledge.

Codheed
16-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Worst stadium football violence I ever saw was Hamburg vs Hertha Berlin in the Volkspark stadium !

Mind you, It was in 1973

Jonnyboy
16-07-2016, 07:24 PM

It's pish.

So a maximum of five thenm. A Jambo would have meant a maximum of six :wink:

Hibrandenburg
16-07-2016, 07:30 PM
So a maximum of five thenm. A Jambo would have meant a maximum of six :wink:

Phew! Off the hook. :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
16-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Still stand by what I witnessed first hand but accept it could have been a rare occasion.

I'm from Musselburgh, or as I call it now Muschelburg.

weecounty hibby
16-07-2016, 10:24 PM
I've never really liked the term "scarfer". It's probably not, but I've always felt it a bit of an insulting term for those who are not brawlers, or for those who choose to wear Hibs themed clothing rather than overpriced sportswear.

I have been a "scarfer" all my life but believe me, being born and bred Alloa I have been in more fights about Hibs than most folk on here. I have also fought at Tynie, Ibrox, Parkhead, Pittodrie and other places. Not because I wanted to but because I had to. Just because you don't go looking for it doesn't mean that you won't get mucked right in for the Hibbie cause. I should also add that I am by no means a hard man. I have a fair collection of second prizes!!

BurghHibby
16-07-2016, 10:33 PM

I'm Burgh born and bred, been to Berlin several times since 1974 to visit various family members working there, well serving in the forces there really, and laterly just to see what it's like since the wall came down.
Love the place and looking forward to going back should we beat Brondby.

monktonharp
17-07-2016, 12:10 AM
Yep.

I'll wager with a few pints in them the Hibs fans in Brondby will give the team brilliant backing and if we are looking like getting a result will raise the roof. Contrary to what some want us to believe Hibs have an incredibly loyal and passionate fan base who have backed the club through both the best and worst of times.:agree:our boys will outsing them, if we get a good start and don't lose a silly early goal (again):wink:

Keith_M
17-07-2016, 07:55 AM

Don't deny your heritage!

You're from Wallyford, so you're a genuine Wally.

Hibrandenburg
17-07-2016, 08:20 AM

Grew up in both. Suppose that makes me a Musselwally.

DC_Hibs
17-07-2016, 02:13 PM

I wouldn't do that if he's suggesting Leipzig will have a hooligan element. Lok Leipzig have plenty and they wouldn't be seen dead tagging onto the Red Bull sponsored entity that recently sprung up after buying a club, branding them and moving them to Leipzig.

Hertha aren't particularly notorious for hooligans - the fallen giant Dynamo take that category in Berlin - but would have plenty likely lads if needed including old Dynamo guys who would favour Hertha as opposed to left wing Union. I've probably seen the worst of Hertha though as they have a friendship with Karlsruhe who have a big rivalry with Frankfurt and take delight in having a pop. I doubt they would bother too much about Scottish fans though.

Hertha and Frankfurt had a prearranged meet the night before a midweek game this year - it even made the national (and Berlin) Press!
http://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin/pankow/prenzlauer-berg-massenschlaegerei-unter-fussball-fans

There was also bother in Friedrichshain in May 2015 when I was over for that season's away game in Berlin when local bams turned up to the meeting point for Frankfurt fans with a few Oldham guys I know caught up in it.

Kind Regards
DC_Hibs
Lived in Germany for 5+ years, been at over 150 German games - rising 5-10 each year - and keep up to date with Football news.

Iggy Pope
17-07-2016, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't do that if he's suggesting Leipzig will have a hooligan element. Lok Leipzig have plenty and they wouldn't be seen dead tagging onto the Red Bull sponsored entity that recently sprung up after buying a club, branding them and moving them to Leipzig.

Hertha aren't particularly notorious for hooligans - the fallen giant Dynamo take that category in Berlin - but would have plenty likely lads if needed including old Dynamo guys who would favour Hertha as opposed to left wing Union. I've probably seen the worst of Hertha though as they have a friendship with Karlsruhe who have a big rivalry with Frankfurt and take delight in having a pop. I doubt they would bother too much about Scottish fans though.

Hertha and Frankfurt had a prearranged meet the night before a midweek game this year - it even made the national (and Berlin) Press!
http://www.bz-berlin.de/berlin/pankow/prenzlauer-berg-massenschlaegerei-unter-fussball-fans

There was also bother in Friedrichshain in May 2015 when I was over for that season's away game in Berlin when local bams turned up to the meeting point for Frankfurt fans with a few Oldham guys I know caught up in it.

Kind Regards
DC_Hibs
Lived in Germany for 5+ years, been at over 150 German games - rising 5-10 each year - and keep up to date with Football news.

No doubt. Not many clubs that claim a working class background have a hard-hat as monument to their ground re-build. Fans co-operative behind that one if my Berliner mucker has it right. Thoroughly enjoyed the visit there a few years back for the friendly and the thought of going back to Berlin with Hibs makes beating Brondby all the more appetising.

Since90+2
17-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Union Berlin are a very unique club and well worth reading up on.

The World Cup in your living room they organised for the 2014 World Cup was fantastic. Should try something similar at Easter Road :greengrin

DR1875
17-07-2016, 10:19 PM
How many people have stopped, or refuse to go to a football game because of hooliganism. The smart ***** might think they are showing the mighty colours of there team but they are not. Over forty years being a Hibee and it's never changed, give it a rest. A chance of experiencing a new country and you lot want to go scudding! If a scrap is what you guys are after get a flight to Turkey, hire a car to the border of Syria help the Kurd's that are fighting against ISIS. Naw you haven't got the baws for that, just attacking some guy that's fell on the ground and boot crap out of him.. tough stuff eh!! Enjoy the people of that country, enjoy the game, give Hibs a great name abroad. Please!!

marinello59
18-07-2016, 04:59 AM
How many people have stopped, or refuse to go to a football game because of hooliganism. The smart ***** might think they are showing the mighty colours of there team but they are not. Over forty years being a Hibee and it's never changed, give it a rest. A chance of experiencing a new country and you lot want to go scudding! If a scrap is what you guys are after get a flight to Turkey, hire a car to the border of Syria help the Kurd's that are fighting against ISIS. Naw you haven't got the baws for that, just attacking some guy that's fell on the ground and boot crap out of him.. tough stuff eh!! Enjoy the people of that country, enjoy the game, give Hibs a great name abroad. Please!!
:confused:
Nobody here has said they want to go scrapping.

Hibrandenburg
18-07-2016, 05:55 AM
:confused:
Nobody here has said they want to go scrapping.

No but posts like the one from ekhibee paint a picture of Hertha being a hostile mob and have the potential to make travelling fans feel on edge. There's no need for that at all and Hibs fans travelling to Berlin should be coming to enjoy the experience of mingling with the fans here and potentially creating bonds not divisions.

Any club the size of Hertha will have its idiots like we have ours, let's just not give them excuses to act the idiot based on fears that are completely unfounded.

eastcoasthibby
18-07-2016, 06:30 AM

Bodes well for our fans heading to Copenhagen this week ..not !
Let's hope the cops over there, have the plans in place for a safe trip for our fans who don't want the bother...

Pete
18-07-2016, 06:45 AM
Union Berlin are a very unique club and well worth reading up on.

The World Cup in your living room they organised for the 2014 World Cup was fantastic. Should try something similar at Easter Road :greengrin

I went to see Borrusia Berlin play a while back.

Real end to end stuff but nobody cared much for my singing during the match.

eastcoasthibby
18-07-2016, 07:03 AM
Some of the tone of comments on here are a bit concerning but vast majority thankfully absolutely reflect the fact that our club doesn't need to start gathering itself a reputation of having fans that are up for trouble, even though it maybe a very small minority. The problems come not just from the nuggets who are up for it, but as situations escalate if people get caught in the midst of things, which isn't right. As fans in general we need self regulate to completely condone and deter any of our fans from trying to support, any violence before during or,after games. As violence will never be ok and I dont want my club to be further tarnished after the cup final episode, by some idiots that fancy a bit of fun or ego enhancing activity, they are not real fans cos they know the damage it is doing to the club and reputations of vast majority of fans.
If those involved in this sort of crap are Hibs fans and ST holders's get them banned for a couple of years, we don't need them in the long run.

lucky
18-07-2016, 09:11 AM
There was a bunch of Wee fannys that tried it on in Malmo. The support just laughed at them and got on with having a good time. It will be the same in Copenhagen. If casuals do travel it won't be in sufficient numbers to upset anyone

Hibrandenburg
18-07-2016, 09:15 AM
There was a bunch of Wee fannys that tried it on in Malmo. The support just laughed at them and got on with having a good time. It will be the same in Copenhagen. If casuals do travel it won't be in sufficient numbers to upset anyone

A part of me hopes that one day the Hibs support will turn on these wee ****bags and give them the hiding of their lives. Now that would make for some positive headlines.

Since90+2
18-07-2016, 09:39 AM
A part of me hopes that one day the Hibs support will turn on these wee ****bags and give them the hiding of their lives. Now that would make for some positive headlines.

To avoid any confusion it was Malmo hooligans trying it on not the Hibs support. There was no bother at all from Hibs fans in Malmo.

Geo_1875
18-07-2016, 09:41 AM

I thought they were Wallopers.

Hibrandenburg
18-07-2016, 09:42 AM
To avoid any confusion it was Malmo hooligans trying it on not the Hibs support. There was no bother at all from Hibs fans in Malmo.

:aok: My point still stands though.

Hibrandenburg
18-07-2016, 09:56 AM

Kind Regards
DC_Hibs

There's no evidence whatsoever in that article to suggest that Hertha fans were involved in any of that. The only connection that can be made is that Hertha played Frankfurt that day. The area where it took place is also more likely to be populated by Union or Dynamo fans, it's a bit like blaming Chelsea fans for fighting with Liverpool fans in Newham.

Hibrandenburg
18-07-2016, 09:57 AM

:aok: My point still stands though.

My_Wife_Camille
18-07-2016, 11:07 AM
When we were in Malmo, we got latched on to by a Helsingborg fan on the walk to the ground. He was completely obsessed with hooliganism. It was pretty much all he talked about. He was a nice young lad though. He came in to the game with us and joined in with the Hibs songs with gusto. He really hated Malmo (Don't we all now?). We gave him a Hibs top and we kept in touch.

He came over to Edinburgh for the 'relegation party' Derby at Tynecastle with us, resplendent in Stone Island with lots of yappy, excited talking about firms and fighting, and seemed sorely disappointed that we were just a regular bunch of guys laughing at each others bald spots and crap clothes out for a drink and a laugh. I think he liked the pitch invader and the shoes and seats getting lobbed at the Hearts goalie though.

He stopped contact with us not long after going back. But, yea, basically looking for something that just does not exist. My memory of him will be that he couldn't drink at all, and his disgusted face when looking at the black pudding in his full breakfast at my local cafe. 'What the **** is this ****?' :greengrin

Andy Lazic if you are reading this. WE MISS YOU !!

canny ergye wi that

DC_Hibs
18-07-2016, 12:14 PM
There's no evidence whatsoever in that article to suggest that Hertha fans were involved in any of that. The only connection that can be made is that Hertha played Frankfurt that day. The area where it took place is also more likely to be populated by Union or Dynamo fans, it's a bit like blaming Chelsea fans for fighting with Liverpool fans in Newham.

Haha, that's about as likely as your RB Leipzig supermob theory!!
Face facts it was a prearranged meet the night before a game so they're hardly going to turn up at the Olympic stadium

If you want it in writing then here's another Berlin article you missed
http://mobil.berliner-kurier.de/berlin/polizei-und-justiz/150-hooligans-von-hertha-und-eintracht-wilde-massenpruegelei-in-der-wichertstrasse-23654486 - maybe just be a misleading headline writer though.....

Hibrandenburg
18-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Face facts it was a prearranged meet the night before a game so they're hardly going to turn up at the Olympic stadium

http://mobil.berliner-kurier.de/berlin/polizei-und-justiz/150-hooligans-von-hertha-und-eintracht-wilde-massenpruegelei-in-der-wichertstrasse-23654486 - maybe just be a misleading headline writer though.....

I'm only replying to the link you posted. You claimed it was proof that Hertha have an organised mob that are ready to get involved on violence but nowhere in that report does it say that Hertha fans were involved. Strange one that!

Hibrandenburg
18-07-2016, 01:29 PM

http://mobil.berliner-kurier.de/berlin/polizei-und-justiz/150-hooligans-von-hertha-und-eintracht-wilde-massenpruegelei-in-der-wichertstrasse-23654486

Just read your new link and again there's no evidence that Hertha fans were involved in this massive barny that resulted in criminal damage to "1" car. I'm starting to think your German is not what you claim it is, just a wee niggling suspicion. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-07-2016, 01:31 PM

That cop who was about 8 foot tall handled them all on his own 😂😁😁

DC_Hibs
18-07-2016, 06:40 PM
http://mobil.berliner-kurier.de/berlin/polizei-und-justiz/150-hooligans-von-hertha-und-eintracht-wilde-massenpruegelei-in-der-wichertstrasse-23654486

Just read your new link and again there's no evidence that Hertha fans were involved in this massive barny that resulted in criminal damage to "1" car. I'm starting to think your German is not what you claim it is, just a wee niggling suspicion. :wink:

I never claimed anything about my German. The first its been mentioned is by you. I don't need the level of German I have to understand what's clearly written in your post above - 150-hooligans-von-hertha-und-eintracht - but this and other publications mentioning Hertha hooligans involvement are wrong and you are right!!

Nobody said it was a massive barny. It's evidence of Hertha having active hooligans and two incidents I was aware of in recent years including a definite Hertha group that attacked the Glühlampe in Berlin. I've also seen them first hand after another game in Berlin outside a bar we went to. Nothing for Scottish football fans to concern themselves with but definitely contradicts your know it all post putting someone else down.

CapitalGreen
18-07-2016, 06:45 PM
https://twitter.com/hooliganstvi/status/755056456488062976

Brondby expecting to get through and play Hertha by the looks of it

Hibrandenburg
18-07-2016, 09:01 PM
I never claimed anything about my German. The first its been mentioned is by you. I don't need the level of German I have to understand what's clearly written in your post above - 150-hooligans-von-hertha-und-eintracht - but this and other publications mentioning Hertha hooligans involvement are wrong and you are right!!

Nobody said it was a massive barny. It's evidence of Hertha having active hooligans and two incidents I was aware of in recent years including a definite Hertha group that attacked the Glühlampe in Berlin. I've also seen them first hand after another game in Berlin outside a bar we went to. Nothing for Scottish football fans to concern themselves with but definitely contradicts your know it all post putting someone else down.

Pure speculation and only in the headline, now could that be to sell Berliner Newspapers to Berliners? In the articles there is no mention of involvement of Hertha fans, only that it kicked off in an area with lots of bars and than some of the suspects who are being investigated come from the Frankfurt area. No arrests or mention of involvement of Hertha fans. Now I'm not naive enough to think that Hertha don't have idiots like we have idiots, but the attempt to paint them on here as pwoper tasty is stupid and the more you keep trying to do so the more stupid you look. If the best you can do is to post links from the Berlin gutter press that practically contradict the point you seem to be keen to make, then maybe you should stop digging a hole for yourself.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Any chance of changing the thread title? Its just hibbies in Germany going around in circles now.

DC_Hibs
19-07-2016, 05:47 AM
Any chance of changing the thread title? Its just hibbies in Germany going around in circles now.

Fear not, I'm completely out of time, energy and bullets to continue shooting him down. I've got a European trip to prepare for FFS.

I'm happy to accept that Hertha have no hooligans, RB Leipzig are mentalists, my German isn't what I claimed it to be and he has no need for a mental health check.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-07-2016, 06:07 AM
https://twitter.com/hooliganstvi/status/755056456488062976

Brondby expecting to get through and play Hertha by the looks of it

I think there's been a mix-up with the dates...
Looks like the only person getting (or got) a shoeing (on 16.7!) will be the club secretary.

Hibrandenburg
19-07-2016, 07:32 AM
Fear not, I'm completely out of time, energy and bullets to continue shooting him down. I've got a European trip to prepare for FFS.

I'm happy to accept that Hertha have no hooligans, RB Leipzig are mentalists, my German isn't what I claimed it to be and he has no need for a mental health check.

Why do I have pictures in my head of Comical Ali and American tanks in the background?