PDA

View Full Version : Brondby drummer

Itsnoteasy
14-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Thank god it's half time. That Brondby drummer has nae stopped. Would nae fancy being his neighbour. Also there flag bearers didnae stop either :top marks

LancashireHibby
14-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Forearms like Popeye.

green day
14-07-2016, 07:43 PM
......is an annoying t I t

Onceinawhile
14-07-2016, 07:44 PM
What's up with the twenty or so folk in their end who aren't getting involved.

Imagine travelling that far and sitting all game on your own.

Kavinho
14-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Hope our boy is taking tips...

Speedy
14-07-2016, 08:07 PM
I'm just as impressed with the grandpa simpson flag

dp00
14-07-2016, 08:43 PM

I was thinking more that it was maybe Danish folk who happen to live in Edinburgh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gando
14-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Hope our boy is taking tips...

Nout wrong with our boy just nae one joins in

wearethehibs
14-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Our drummer was going for it all first half too.

Just ashame only like 20 folk max actually join in the singing.

Pretty Boy
14-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Tbh whilst I'm sure some folk will be impressed with the Brondby 'ultra' type fans it's not for me.

Give me a bit spotaneity any day over that rhythmic miltary style stuff.

Itsnoteasy
14-07-2016, 09:27 PM

I think they wanted to see the match. How did they get on the plane wi they flagpoles.

seanraff07
14-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Same old British fans - sit on their ***** praising how great the foreign support is while they do nothing. Hibs drummer would be acknowledged had anyone joined in with songs on our side.

RyeSloan
14-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Same old British fans - sit on their ***** praising how great the foreign support is while they do nothing. Hibs drummer would be acknowledged had anyone joined in with songs on our side.

The Hibs drummer was there? Couldn't hear anything over the din their boy was making...time for a bigger drum I think!

The_Horde
14-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Tbh whilst I'm sure some folk will be impressed with the Brondby 'ultra' type fans it's not for me.

This. Bunch of synchronised swimmers with voices.

CapitalGreen
14-07-2016, 09:37 PM
I think they wanted to see the match. How did they get on the plane wi they flagpoles.

Saw a Scandinavian coach full of their fans in queen street this morning. I imagine the ultras drove over.

GreenCastle
14-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Thank god it's half time. That Brondby drummer has nae stopped. Would nae fancy being his neighbour. Also there flag bearers didnae stop either :top marks

Probably the best away support I've seen at ER for a while.

90 mins plus singing from only about 200 of them.

Exactly how behind the famous five goal should be for us - if they would mean the cheap family tickets to the west stand lower nearest to famous five.

Would imagine a larger gathering will await Hibs in the away leg.

CapitalGreen
14-07-2016, 09:40 PM

90 mins plus singing from only about 700 of them.

Exactly how behind the famous five goal should be for us - if they would mean the cheap family tickets to the west stand lower nearest to famous five.

700? This getting like Celtic in Seville. No chance did they fill 20% of the South Stand, less than half of that.

GreenCastle
14-07-2016, 09:41 PM
700? This getting like Celtic in Seville. No chance did they fill 20% of the South Stand, less than half of that.

Sorry maybe poor predication - say 300-400 ? Anyway they made a decent amount of noise compared to the usual teams.

CapitalGreen
14-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Sorry maybe poor predication - say 300-400 ? Anyway they made a decent amount of noise compared to the usual teams.

Great noise for their numbers, a bit too synchronised for my liking but you have to admire their commitment to it for full 90 mins.

Ringothedog
14-07-2016, 10:01 PM

Lucky if there were 200,we will make loads of noise next week,away fans always do

RoscoHibby
14-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Fair play to the brondby fans, certainly enjoyed there trip. Helps when the locals are virtually giving away beer (by comparison at their prices ) and they score 15 seconds in.

I sit in row Y in the east, and could barely hear our drummer. I love these guys and what they do, and I know the reasons why they moved to the front, but it's wasted down there, so many more would join in if they moved further back in the east...c'mon boys, you must've noticed less joining in since goin down there, if they were about 15-20 rows further back, atmosphere would be much better.

In my humble opinion of course.

GGTTH

Hibby70
14-07-2016, 10:04 PM
I'd like to see us scrapping our drum to be honest. Appreciate what these guys are trying to do but it just doesn't work with the numbers that are willing to join in.

Liatening to that mob all night was doing my nut in. But if you're going to do it then that's the level it needs to be at or it just sounds/looks daft.

NAE NOOKIE
14-07-2016, 10:09 PM

Me too .... for 15 minutes it was impressive, but then it was just the same chant, chant, chant .... boom, boom, boom .... nae songs ..... moved from impressive, to boring, to just bloody annoying.

Ilovehibs
14-07-2016, 10:15 PM
I agree. Much prefer singing proper songs for our team.

The Pointer
14-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Me too .... for 15 minutes it was impressive, but then it was just the same chant, chant, chant .... boom, boom, boom .... nae songs ..... moved from impressive, to boring, to just bloody annoying.

If it's anything like Malmo there'll be a hoora dose of Hibbies making a lot more spontaneous sounds. Just slow the songs down a wee bit guys.

Sir David Gray
14-07-2016, 10:23 PM

90 mins plus singing from only about 700 of them.

Lucky if there were 300 Brondby fans there tonight.

There were probably more seagulls inside Easter Road during the second half than there were Brondby fans! :greengrin

frazeHFC
14-07-2016, 10:24 PM
They were decent but seemed like fannies and were causing bother on Easter road after the game apparently so **** them

My_Wife_Camille
14-07-2016, 10:26 PM

Couldn't agree more. That rigid, orchestrated, constant chanting saw nothing more than self indulgent rubbish. Their so called fans didn't seem to applaud or encourage their team at all during the 90 minutes.

I think the 'Hibs Class' element in the home end gave Brondby more applause than their own fans did

erin go bragh
14-07-2016, 10:34 PM

They were louder than the 3000 odd pink lot , when we knocked them out the cup . Agree with the poster saying the drum / singers are wasted down the front . Get back up in 43 guys .

cabbageandribs1875
14-07-2016, 10:36 PM
damn noisy pests that they were :)

tamig
14-07-2016, 10:39 PM

I reckon there was 120 up to 150 max. Never 300.

DC_Hibs
14-07-2016, 10:46 PM
I doubt there was 200 behind the goal but they were a noisy lot.

They might say it wasn't an important game for them but we've taken more to Intertoto games.

Greencore
14-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Gotta say, those are the best fans for atmosphere I have ever seen bar ourselves.

fat freddy
15-07-2016, 12:13 AM
I expected that they'd receive praise for their choreographic interpretation of a delusional vision of how a football support should behave but I personally felt that they were more like Performing Seals more concerned with their own game as opposed to the one their team were playing in. Many of them never watched the match as they were too involved with their own performance and they rarely reacted to events on the park. I'm aware that these type of self proclaimed ultras give unconditional non stop support to their players but it leaves me wondering how the players that play in front of this type of circus act will ever be aware the fans think he's having a howler. The players must get away with murder if the crowd is so devoid of opinions or analysis of the game as it takes place.I prefer the spontaneous, honest, heartfelt support that Scottish crowds provide and I think this sanitised, self indulgent, back slapping imitation of British football circa 70's / 80's should be seen for what it is.

RIP
15-07-2016, 12:32 AM
It took a 6month campaign, 200 seat relocations, a FB page and a banner to get the Singing Section set up at the top of S43. Other UK fans groups advised to get under a roof near its lowest point. When fans lift their voices to sing, the sound gets amplified across the stadium. Seanraff's old vids are testament to that.

The move to the front improved the visibility of the banners which is great. But as folk in the stands all testify - it's killed off our singing section, whose original mission was to lead the East in song.

Still a big admirer of the group tho.GGTTH

Since1875Hibs
15-07-2016, 12:51 AM
What an embarrassing thread, standard I suppose!

1875STEVE
15-07-2016, 12:58 AM
2-700?

No danger.

I reckon 100 tops

CB_NO3
15-07-2016, 01:02 AM
Which crackpot said there was 700 away fans lol

OsloHibs
15-07-2016, 01:46 AM
I expected that they'd receive praise for their choreographic interpretation of a delusional vision of how a football support should behave but I personally felt that they were more like Performing Seals more concerned with their own game as opposed to the one their team were playing in. Many of them never watched the match as they were too involved with their own performance and they rarely reacted to events on the park. I'm aware that these type of self proclaimed ultras give unconditional non stop support to their players but it leaves me wondering how the players that play in front of this type of circus act will ever be aware the fans think he's having a howler. The players must get away with murder if the crowd is so devoid of opinions or analysis of the game as it takes place.I prefer the spontaneous, honest, heartfelt support that Scottish crowds provide and I think this sanitised, self indulgent, back slapping imitation of British football circa 70's / 80's should be seen for what it is.

Jeez.... They were simply abroad and having a great time supporting their team, just like the Welsh & Irish did at the Euros. I'm sure most of these fans can't remember the actual game- but they can remember having a great time.

theonlywayisup
15-07-2016, 06:56 AM
I always laugh at such occasions when we praise the opposition fans for their singing / chanting of their team.

However, does anyone actually know what they were saying.

I can reveal that one chant was about Hibees being gay. There was one about being up to their knees in someones blood. And finally one about some strange famine. Don't know what that's all about.

:agree:

Itsnoteasy
15-07-2016, 07:23 AM
I always laugh at such occasions when we praise the opposition fans for their singing / chanting of their team.

However, does anyone actually know what they were saying.

I can reveal that one chant was about Hibees being gay. There was one about being up to their knees in someones blood. And finally one about some strange famine. Don't know what that's all about.

:agree:
Hope your off to Brondby. You can be the interpreter

My_Wife_Camille
15-07-2016, 09:18 AM
:top marks

Basically what I said but better.

norhfc
15-07-2016, 09:30 AM

Very good call, I,ve been to many Scandanavian football games and its all pretty much as you described. Not much in the way of spontaniety, and for me that makes an atmosphere. Gone totally overboard with the flares here too, glad I dont have asthma. Also the put on deep voices really annoy me.....saying all that I cant wait for the Copenhagen trip :agree:

Geo_1875
15-07-2016, 09:52 AM
I felt sorry for the ones stuck behind the pricks with the flags. They must have gotten fed up shouting "sit ****ing down" in Danish.

Carheenlea
15-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Noisy, colourful, never stopped for 90 minutes - they looked like they were having a great time.
What is popular in one country won't necessarily find favour in another. It's not really in our culture and tradition to wave giant flags and focus more on creating a carnival atmosphere than actually absorbing how the game is panning out. Like others, I prefer our spontaneous atmosphere reflecting events on the pitch, and it's simply not in our make up as Scots to embrace such practises on a large scale.

Lancs Harp
15-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Noisy, colourful, never stopped for 90 minutes - they looked like they were having a great time.
What is popular in one country won't necessarily find favour in another. It's not really in our culture and tradition to wave giant flags and focus more on creating a carnival atmosphere than actually absorbing how the game is panning out. Like others, I prefer our spontaneous atmosphere reflecting events on the pitch, and it's simply not in our make up as Scots to embrace such practises on a large scale.

It is quite interesting how different people have different ideas and approaches as to what constitutes good atmosphere and good support. Like this thread those around me last night were split between being positive about Brondbys support and those not being particularly positive about it.

Like others have said it seems a little manufactured to me and got the impression they were playing little attention to the game seemed more abut themselves than the actual match, they continued the same way if had a corner or they won a free kick in a dangerous position or such like.

Each to their own of course, they seemed to be enjoying themselves, but you can put me in the spontaneous support camp.

Loud they certainly were (well the drum was) but if I'm honest I thought they would have brought a few more than that.

We're still in this tie fellas. keep the faith.

GGTTH