PDA

View Full Version : Grant Stott - Announcer

hfc rd
14-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Anyone know if he's going to be the stadium announcer tonight as he normally is during the European nights at ER? Think he does a brilliant job when rallying the crowd and getting them pumped up for the tie.

bod
14-07-2016, 02:22 PM
should it no be the regular announcer's job to get the crowd pumped up ?

Carheenlea
14-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Nobody should really require a stadium announcer to get them "pumped up" for a game. I'm 46 and still get the hairs standing up walking into Easter Road. Natural atmosphere beats manufactured atmosphere every time.

Itsnoteasy
14-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Nobody should really require a stadium announcer to get them "pumped up" for a game. I'm 46 and still get the hairs standing up walking into Easter Road. Natural atmosphere beats manufactured atmosphere every time.
:thumbsup::aok::top marks

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Stotty is on holiday.

Brightside
14-07-2016, 05:03 PM
Its Barrie

wookie70
14-07-2016, 05:23 PM
There was one game last season where we had a different announcer who was excellent.v natural and really up for it. Not a fan of Grant S at all. Dreadful on radio but who knows may be a decent announcer

Itsnoteasy
14-07-2016, 05:27 PM
There was one game last season where we had a different announcer who was excellent.v natural and really up for it. Not a fan of Grant S at all. Dreadful on radio but who knows may be a decent announcer

If you think he is bad what about that Ewan Cameron taking his place while on holiday. Already going on about the big team nonsense.

confused
15-07-2016, 06:54 AM

:top marks:flag::hibees

al1875
15-07-2016, 07:14 AM

Doesn't matter who the announcer is if you're in the East..........cannae make out a word !!!:greengrin

Shrekko
15-07-2016, 07:55 AM
Doesn't matter who the announcer is if you're in the East..........cannae make out a word !!!:greengrin

Lucky gits!!

Manufactured atmosphere is bad enough but there are ways of doing it well- our guy is clueless.

Oscar T Grouch
15-07-2016, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure how they've done it but the East Stand tannoy has got worse over the closed season. I used to be able to make out a few words now it's just indecipherable.

MB62
15-07-2016, 11:28 AM
I thought it was a very nice gesture from Hibs to allow Brondby to use their own announcer last night. He was actually just as good as the normal guy we have as, sitting in the West Stand upper, I could still make out the odd word from him.
:devil: