PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Yams in Malta

magpie1892
13-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Ahead of the yam game at Hibernians' stadium (!) v. Birkirkara tomorrow, I can confirm my 1st yam sighting when I was on my lunch break in St Julian's.

If any Malta Hibees see the yam, do not approach under any circumstances. Highly contagious.

I'll try and see tomorrow night how many they've brought over.

hibs0666
13-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Ahead of the yam game at Hibernians' stadium (!) v. Birkirkara tomorrow, I can confirm my 1st yam sighting when I was on my lunch break in St Julian's.

If any Malta Hibees see the yam, do not approach under any circumstances. Highly contagious.

I'll try and see tomorrow night how many they've brought over.

I'm still bitter that they ended us as a club.

mutley
13-07-2016, 01:47 PM
I feel your pain , I had some of them prowling around Tallinn last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
13-07-2016, 02:19 PM
I'm still bitter that they ended us as a club.

Typical Hobo, consumed by it.

Regarding Yams, do not feed them, board up plate glass windows and clean up all stagnant puddles.

Bostonhibby
13-07-2016, 02:27 PM
I feel your pain , I had some of them prowling around Tallinn last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That'll just be the locals wearing the job lot that vlad wedged into the final suitcase along with their share "issue" cash before he fled East.

He'll have probably set up a market stall somewhere selling nylon maroon reversible jackets and fake tartan reject tops.

CraigHibee
13-07-2016, 02:50 PM

Regarding Yams, do not feed them, board up plate glass windows and clean up all stagnant puddles.

I'd leave them to the stagnant puddles, I'd hope they got some kind of infection, although to be fair, most of them look infected already:)

Craig_HFC
13-07-2016, 02:55 PM
I'd leave them to the stagnant puddles, I'd hope they got some kind of infection, although to be fair, most of them look infected already:)

Indeed, you can't deprive them of their drinking water.

magpie1892
13-07-2016, 03:26 PM

More chance of seeing a yam with a 'Wee Cup Winners' t-shirt than seeing a puddle here at the moment. It's seriously hot.

Famous Fiver
13-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Never mind Malta.

Hardly a yam to be seen anywhere in the EH postcode in the last few weeks.

Didn't think it was possible for 400,000 to hide all at the same time but these chappies have managed it!!!

hibbybrian
13-07-2016, 03:53 PM
More chance of seeing a yam with a 'Wee Cup Winners' t-shirt than seeing a puddle here at the moment. It's seriously hot.

:hilarious:thumbsup:

your on good form tonight J -

working or relaxing?

HappyHanlon
13-07-2016, 05:09 PM
You'd probably find the cretins using that Pokemon Go app.

greenlex
13-07-2016, 06:01 PM
Any of the retro crowd there with their League Champions 86 T shirts on?

Smartie
13-07-2016, 06:08 PM
You'd probably find the cretins using that Pokemon Go app.

I'm convinced this whole Pokemon business is a Jambo conspiracy, luring children off the beaten track with ropey apps whilst the beasts lie in wait in their colourful pink and yellow hooped shirts.

Save the children indeed.

magpie1892
13-07-2016, 07:06 PM
:hilarious:thumbsup:

your on good form tonight J -

working or relaxing?

Working and relaxing. It's quite a treat - my first match in this sojourn is to get to watch the yam!

Scotland AND England in Malta's WCQ group though so some serious pocket money will be earned in the lead up to those games. Most of the Maltese internationals play on the island. Christ, they're gash.

Jonnyboy
13-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Working and relaxing. It's quite a treat - my first match in this sojourn is to get to watch the yam!

Scotland AND England in Malta's WCQ group though so some serious pocket money will be earned in the lead up to those games. Most of the Maltese internationals play on the island. Christ, they're gash.

Lucky git :greengrin

Enjoy it, J. Mind if it's Hearts that's unlikely :wink:

magpie1892
13-07-2016, 08:54 PM
Lucky git :greengrin

Enjoy it, J. Mind if it's Hearts that's unlikely :wink:

Thanks JC. I will most certainly enjoy it if Bkk stick it in the yam net. I heard yam struggled at home against FC Fishnet or whatever they were called so anything could happen. Gonna still be 25c at kick-off which will suit the locals...

Jonnyboy
13-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Thanks JC. I will most certainly enjoy it if Bkk stick it in the yam net. I heard yam struggled at home against FC Fishnet or whatever they were called so anything could happen. Gonna still be 25c at kick-off which will suit the locals....

p.s. how do I post a photo on here? Might try and stick a couple up if Bkk score.

You know me well enough ........ I've no idea :greengrin

Ask an Admin :wink:

magpie1892
13-07-2016, 09:01 PM
You know me well enough ........ I've no idea :greengrin

Ask an Admin :wink:

I think I'll figure it out if need be..!

KeithTheHibby
13-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Been here since Sunday and not seen any of them.
On another I gave consideration going to the game, home end of course however the price of 45 euros was a complete deterrent!

Ronster117
14-07-2016, 09:08 AM
On another I gave consideration going to the game, home end of course however the price of 45 euros was a complete deterrent!

€45 to watch 400,000 yams in pain, has to be very cheap........
:flag:

magpie1892
14-07-2016, 09:30 AM

Tickets for Bkk members are €10, €45, as you say, for everyone else. This is how they can circumnavigate the UEFA rules about home and away paying the same (not that there aren't a zillion clubs who just price it as they see it).

It's very pleasing that the yam will have to pay €45 for this game though.

plhibs
14-07-2016, 11:15 AM
I was at the airport in Edinburgh for my flight back to Toronto yesterday, had my Hibs shirt on, walked into the bar and the place was crawling with them. Most of them wearing some horrible Euro teeshirt I got a few bad looks and some comments gave them a big smile and a wave as I was leaving. The teeshirt was really honking.