PDA

View Full Version : Our new Holy Grail

monktonharp
12-07-2016, 11:25 PM
If we had one, what should it be? mines would have to be revenge for 2012. The Gorgie mob will go on about that victory for ever, until we get revenge in a final. we will go on about our recent victory, for a long time and rightly so, as it was one of the greatest climaxes ever, in Scottish finals. I might get shot down in flames, but I want to hump them in a final, although it was very sweet to empty them twice since they won it.:cb

Ozyhibby
12-07-2016, 11:30 PM
Without financial doping they are unlikely to make many finals. Besides, I couldn't give a flying ****. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monktonharp
12-07-2016, 11:36 PM
new someone would take the bait quite early:smug: I do mean what I say though:cool2:

Highland_Hibee
12-07-2016, 11:42 PM
Nah from the moment we got that late equalizer at the PBS and then they could only watch us get closer and closer to doing the one thing they never wanted to see us do. That was revenge enough for me.

lucky
12-07-2016, 11:50 PM
I'd love to see Hibs win the league then qualify for the CL

hibsfan7
13-07-2016, 12:05 AM
We do not have to beat them 5-1 we have done it already when we first won the cup in 1887 we beat hearts 5-1 in the 3rd round

Dashing Bob S
13-07-2016, 02:38 AM
If we had one, what should it be? mines would have to be revenge for 2012. The Gorgie mob will go on about that victory for ever, until we get revenge in a final. we will go on about our recent victory, for a long time and rightly so, as it was one of the greatest climaxes ever, in Scottish finals. I might get shot down in flames, but I want to hump them in a final, although it was very sweet to empty them twice since they won it.:cb

The Europa League. Make it so, Neil.

Waxy
13-07-2016, 05:15 AM
Win the SPFL

lyonhibs
13-07-2016, 05:44 AM
Promotion. That's the be all and end all this season.

Pete
13-07-2016, 06:29 AM
Putting them out after giving them another chance definitely makes up for 2012. Their lunatic fringe are actually expecting Neilsen to apologise to them for us winning the cup.

The double is still on by the way as the league cup final will be played in 2016. I think.

PeeJay
13-07-2016, 06:39 AM
Getting out the of the lowly Championship ... everything else is irrelevant

Viva_Palmeiras
13-07-2016, 06:42 AM
We're not and never were defined by them, not 5-1, 0-7, 6-2, 22 in a row of spawniness.

Our greatest teams were defined by _their_ achievements not by Hearts.

That said Derby wins are important and provide a springboard and were downplayed too much by too managers since Miller they lift the club and I look forward to their return on a level playing field they should be crackers.

#FromTheCapital
13-07-2016, 06:50 AM
Whilst I obviously wouldn't say no to beating them in a final, it's not something that I'm particularly bothered about. Deep down they know that the 5-1 result is a sham despite all the noise they make about it. They went bust exactly one year after it, following a year of financial turmoil which started almost immediately after that game.

Kato
13-07-2016, 07:01 AM

I hated the term "holy grail" and still do. Whoever first applied it (Yogi, iirc) wasn't exactly making things easier for the players. Besides the Holy Grail didn't really exist and was never found in those stories, it was refined allegory for self-enlightenment, whereas the SC is just a squalid little football trophy run by a tin-pot, self serving, bigoted football body.

As to Hearts, who cares - they were just part of the, ongoing, money grubbing and corruption. Making a big deal about it us right up their alley. My natural reaction to any Hearts attempting goad me with that these days is to laugh in their face.

Jdawg
13-07-2016, 07:11 AM
They all pretend they aren't that bothered about us winning it and it was good we beat rangers. Every single one of them is absolutely spewing, any that say differently are lying.

Best of all they were 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go. Haha.

Craig_HFC
13-07-2016, 07:45 AM
I hated the term "holy grail" and still do. Whoever first applied it (Yogi, iirc) wasn't exactly making things easier for the players. Besides the Holy Grail didn't really exist and was never found in those stories, it was refined allegory for self-enlightenment, whereas the SC is just a squalid little football trophy run by a tin-pot, self serving, bigoted football body.

As to Hearts, who cares - they were just part of the, ongoing, money grubbing and corruption. Making a big deal about it us right up their alley. My natural reaction to any Hearts attempting goad me with that these days is to laugh in their face.

Almost makes you wonder why we bothered winning the thing, eh?

:confused:

Kato
13-07-2016, 07:50 AM
Almost makes you wonder why we bothered winning the thing, eh?

:confused:

I want Hibs to win every game and took great delight in winning the SFA's trophy against their favourites.

Fact remains though the SFA is a squalid, cheaty little organisation.

Kato
13-07-2016, 07:51 AM
They all pretend they aren't that bothered about us winning it and it was good we beat rangers. Every single one of them is absolutely spewing, any that say differently are lying.

True, as time goes on they seem angrier and angrier.

ian cruise
13-07-2016, 07:54 AM
There's lots of things I'd like to see Hibs achieve, win the top league, successful European campaigns. I wouldn't say any were a "Holy grail". The Scottish Cup was a hoodoo and one that we needed to break but that scenario was unique. I'd rather not give ourselves something else to build up like that.

For now let's get promoted and play good football. As for revenge for 2012? We've delivered that on various occasions since.

we are hibs
Winning the Scottish cup and the manner in which we did it will never be topped.

We also we also have a very good chance of meeting hearts in the league cup final with both sides getting bye throughs to the round before the quarters

GreenCastle
This past cup run will be hard to beat - the yams winning 2-0 at home and then throwing it away and then us beating them 1-0 at our own patch.

The Utd penalty shoot out then the final - losing 2-1 and winning 3-2 in the last minutes - I've never experienced anything like that and even if we were to beat them in a final it wouldn't be the same as I detest the old firm more than our ugly neighbours.

What's next - another Scottish cup final win - Premier League win?

Realistically we could do the double this season..league and a cup.

sleeping giant
13-07-2016, 07:56 AM
That result has been well and truly excorcised .

The holy grail is still the Scottish Cup.

Vini1875
13-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Winning it again as we are promoted as champions 2017.

Finn2015
13-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Holy grail is not waiting another 114 years to win it again

Dunedin Hibs
13-07-2016, 09:27 AM
There's lots of things I'd like to see Hibs achieve, win the top league, successful European campaigns. I wouldn't say any were a "Holy grail". The Scottish Cup was a hoodoo and one that we needed to break but that scenario was unique. I'd rather not give ourselves something else to build up like that.

For now let's get promoted and play good football. As for revenge for 2012? We've delivered that on various occasions since.

Well said. Promotion is the key this year! A cheeky wee cup or 2 is fine along the way (or after), but getting us back in spl is very important this year. Let's make a good start and build.

Confident in the team at Easter Road at the moment.

Zazu62
13-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Beating hearts 6-1 would be funny

erin go bragh
13-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Their collapse at 2-0 , with us then going on and winning the Scottish cup ,has hurt them more than anything since they bottled it at Dens park . Giruy 🇳🇬🏆

Deansy
13-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Winning the SOL - nothing less !

If it happens on the same day that the 'Charity Thieves FC' eventually go to the wall or Vlad's caught and spills the beans on their 'financial dealings' before/during and after his reign, all the better !

Famous Fiver
13-07-2016, 03:38 PM
No revenge needed.

Already had 7 -0 over them.

Tainted trophy, bent ref, robbed charities. CEC, Heriot Watt, local businesses et al stiffed, administration followed, Insolvent, whiff of paedophilia, Heartsed it at the Piggery when they were 2-0 up with minutes to go, coup de grace at ER, 21st May.......

Need I go on?

NAE NOOKIE
13-07-2016, 03:39 PM
There is no 'Holy Grail' any more. The cup gained that status because it was realistic to expect Hibs had a chance of winning it at the start of most seasons, but we just always seemed to fall at the final hurdle and even the great Hibs teams had failed to win it.

We don't need a new one ..... but if I had to choose winning the Europa league would be it, now that would be a miracle :greengrin

Eyrie
13-07-2016, 05:27 PM
It would involve Halle Berry and .... oh, this is a family forum.

Football wise, promotion is essential rather than a holy grail so my wish list would be one of the following

1 - Win both cups in the same season
2 - Win the Scottish Cup three times in five years
3 - Beat Hearts in twelve consecutive games.

HibbyAndy
13-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Getting out of this depressed ****ty little league

snooky
13-07-2016, 06:02 PM
We do not have to beat them 5-1 we have done it already when we first won the cup in 1887 we beat hearts 5-1 in the 3rd round

The 5-1 will be forever tainted by CT's bias performance.
Hearts probably deserved to be ahead at 2-1 and there was a good chance that they would have gone on to win the game however, the sending off and ludicrous 'penalty' award by the cheat meant the result was achieved by corruption.

What amazes me was how he got away with it, and has done on other occasions.

Bishop Hibee
13-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Win the Premiership.

weecounty hibby
13-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Win the Premiership.

This. Let's set ambitious goals. I get so ****in tired of hearing about Hearts going to challenge for league/cups/Europe. This is the minimum we should be aiming for. They and Aberdeen are no bigger or better than us so we should looking to at least match them.
With Der Hun and the Hibs tribute act no where near as strong as they used to be we should be aiming right for the top. We have everything in place for success as a club and now is the time to push on. 1st division champs this year, top 4 next and never dropping below that, then push on and aim for the top.

Hibernia&Alba
13-07-2016, 07:17 PM
Winning the SPL would be the ultimate. The state of Scottish football right now, the Old Firm are there for the taking by a half decent side.

HibbySpurs
13-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Couldn't care less about them. Only ever wanted to see us win the SC.

Winning the SPFL in due course is the ultimate now and being the first in so many decades other the ugly sisters would be the icing on that particular cake.

Leicester proved it can be done & I honestly believe with the current direction our club is taking so can we.

GGTTH

WoreTheGreen
13-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Honest it dinny hurt us it was only a flesh wound from the savilles, aye right

superfurryhibby
14-07-2016, 04:40 PM
The 5-1 will be forever tainted by CT's bias performance.
Hearts probably deserved to be ahead at 2-1 and there was a good chance that they would have gone on to win the game however, the sending off and ludicrous 'penalty' award by the cheat meant the result was achieved by corruption.

What amazes me was how he got away with it, and has done on other occasions.

Nah, we were totally **** and lucky to be in the game. Accept that we were horsed and move on. They laugh at people who pedal rhe same old, it shows-them that it still hurts.

Holy grail is to win the fokker again. Promotion is a given and we should never be faced with thiis situation again.

Rick Rude
14-07-2016, 08:55 PM
D