PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Euro trips, how many have you done and where?

lucky
12-07-2016, 10:24 PM
With our latest Euro adventure about to begin I was wondering how many away trips fellow .netters have done? Obvious we've not been as regular as we'd like but I'd think a few will have chalked up a few.
I've been to 3, Royal Liege, AEK postponed game and Malmo, Copenhagen will be my 4th.

Sammy7nil
12-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Twice to Belgium Anderlecht and Liege

Babyshamble
12-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Only been to one.Anderlecht.i was 18.the scenes at the end of the game were fantastic.

SteveHFC
12-07-2016, 10:50 PM
Dnipro
Maribor
Malmo

Travelled through Germany, Austria and Denmark to get to Maribor and Malmo.

Friendly's:
Cork
Dublin x2
Essen
Preston
Belfast
Blackburn
Bolton
Carlisle

southsider
12-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Only been to one.Anderlecht.i was 18.the scenes at the end of the game were fantastic.

Belgium twice, France, Hungary, Uichrane. Friendliest to east Germany England , n. Ireland & Eire.

Albanian Hibs
12-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Athens, Greece postponed one
Vilnius, Lithuania
Odense, Denmark
Dublin friendly
Dnipro, Ukraine
Elfsborg, Sweden

Itsnoteasy
12-07-2016, 11:03 PM
Athens twice- postponed & re arranged. Dearest game of football I've ever been to.
Dnipro

Gmack7
12-07-2016, 11:08 PM
Videoton, classic

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-07-2016, 11:24 PM
Xante (Athens), Dnipro, Daugavpils, Anderlecht, Liege, Essen, Vilnius, Ireland, Maribor, Leuven, Blackpool x 2, Bolton, Carlisle, Millwall, Oldham, Preston, Blackburn. There are more but, I'm bevvied!

SteveHFC
12-07-2016, 11:45 PM
Videoton, classic

My dad was on a supporters bus to Videoton says it was a class trip.

lucky
12-07-2016, 11:48 PM
Not looking at away trips for friendlies just Euro ties. Some guys must have clocked up loads

Hermit Crab
13-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Dnipro - The Ukraine, Dinaburg - Latvia, Odense - Denmark, Elfsborg - Sweden and Maribor - Slovenia in competitive matches abroad.

In friendlies abroad, Glentoran (NI,if you class that abroad), Shamrock Rovers and Union Berlin.

Hermit Crab
13-07-2016, 01:13 AM
Not looking at away trips for friendlies just Euro ties. Some guys must have clocked up loads

5 for me in competitive games.

davy malcolm
13-07-2016, 05:14 AM
Leeds juventus Liverpool anderlect

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

NthCarolinaHibs
13-07-2016, 05:32 AM
Strasbourg with the St Giles boys...what a trip...left Hibs club at midnight Sunday,arrived Strasbourg lunchtime Tuesday..

flash
13-07-2016, 06:12 AM
Competitive games- Anderlecht, Liege, Videoton, Dnipro and Athensx2.
Pre season- Ireland, Germany and Finland.
English- Bolton, Preston, Oldham and Aston Villa.
Think that's my lot.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-07-2016, 06:22 AM
Anderlecht, Dnipropetrovsk, and Brondby next week.

twiceinathens
13-07-2016, 06:57 AM
Brussels, Athens(twice obviously) Dnipropetrovsk

Father Ted
13-07-2016, 07:00 AM
Belgium twice, Athens, Ukraine, & Malmo For me

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2016, 07:13 AM
Liverpool twice, Leeds, Strasbourg, Videoton, Liege, Anderlecht, Athens twice, Maribor, Malmo and Bronby next week.

Dont remember much about any of them, Videoton onwards through drink and the others because i was young. I do remember there being trouble at Leeds.

MKHIBEE
13-07-2016, 07:26 AM
Liverpool twice, Leeds, Strasbourg, Videoton, Liege, Anderlecht, Athens twice, Maribor, Malmo and Bronby next week.

Dont remember much about any of them, Videoton onwards through drink and the others because i was young. I do remember there being trouble at Leeds.

The police decided to let the horses run through the Hibs fans as they left the ground which led to some nasty scenes but I don't recall anything else. As I was bevvied it's probably best not to take my word as gospel

CB_NO3
13-07-2016, 07:33 AM
Maribor, Malmo and Bronbdy in competitive competition. France, Ireland and England for friendlies

Bill Milne
13-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Juventus, Sochaux, Strasbourg, Leeds, Liverpool, Videoton, Anderlecht, Liege, Dnipro and Malmo. I was also in Athens the first time, when the game was postponed.

Ringothedog
13-07-2016, 07:55 AM
Belgium, Hungary,Greece,Ukraine, Germany,England, Northern Ireland

johnbc70
13-07-2016, 08:34 AM
Unfortunately been away once, it was the cancelled AEK Athens game so have never actually seen us play away in Europe.

Dunedin Hibs
13-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Videoton, classic

I wasn't there, but nice one. Remember the game well! Great first post...c'mon the Hibs...

Bostonhibby
13-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Leeds, Liverpool, Sweden (vaxjo) Strasbourg, Liege and Turin for juventus - not a favourite!

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2016, 10:34 AM
My first away trip was Videoton, and not missed a UEFA or Intertoto away match since.

Forza Fred
13-07-2016, 11:26 AM
Coventry, Middlesbrough and York.

Remember the bus driver reversing up the motorway at Coventry , a mad axe man in our digs at Middlesbrough, but I was sober for the York game.....which I think we lost 0-1

Travel overseas was a way too expensive option back in the late 60's early 70's......for me anyway.

hibeg
13-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Strasbourg with the St Giles boys...what a trip...left Hibs club at midnight Sunday,arrived Strasbourg lunchtime Tuesday..

IIRC was it not organised by St Giles and Edinburgh West ??? Honestly can't remember much about the trip. I do remember the McKendrys bus though. What a nightmare, no working toilet etc. Ah they were the days:greengrin

Craig_HFC
13-07-2016, 12:40 PM
None.

:boo hoo:

Maribor was too expensive/difficult to get to. Malmo came at time after I'd just bought & moved into my first house so couldn't justify it. I get married in 3 months so can't justify the cost to Copenhagen this time either.

I'm making sure that I've got nothing else expensive planned for next summer after we win the Cup again next year!

:greengrin

NthCarolinaHibs
13-07-2016, 05:33 PM
IIRC was it not organised by St Giles and Edinburgh West ??? Honestly can't remember much about the trip. I do remember the McKendrys bus though. What a nightmare, no working toilet etc. Ah they were the days:greengrinCould well have been..wasnae yesterday..can mind seeing the same bus broke down on the M8,the weekend after we got back...full of huns too..

Skyegreen
13-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Anderlecht & AEK Athens 😎

Iggy Pope
13-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Athens, Vilnius, Dnipro, Dauguvpils, Elfsborg, Maribor, Malmo

Millwall, Preston, Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool ****ing twice, Carlisle

Essen, Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Arnhem, Leueven, Vlissingen, Berlin

......Copenhagen.

IberianHibernian
13-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Leeds, Liverpool, Sweden (vaxjo) Strasbourg, Liege and Turin for juventus - not a favourite!Were you only Hibs fan at Vaxjo ? I remember being at first leg ( 2v0 ) and then seeing TV highlights in 1v4 defeat in snow in second leg . Must have been mid 70s and we only had 7 or 8 fans in Norrkopping a couple of years later .
Know thread was supposed to be about competition matches but friendlies have been mentioned . Anyone here at Seville friendly in 1986 ? I remember there being about 60 Hibbies there so presume some read here . Also there were about 200 Hibbies at Gibraltar friendly in 2013 .
I wasn`t at Videoton away match but remember being in London at time and seeing Hibs fans in Victoria Station waiting for trains for ferries . Maybe our last away match in Europe in which many fans didn`t use planes . Before trips were real adventures with long ferry trips for Scandinavia and train / bus plus ferry for anywhere else . Next week trip to Copenhagen will be quicker for many than supporter`s bus to Aberdeen but doubt many fans will have as many memories as those who travelled by land and sea before .

snooky
13-07-2016, 11:23 PM
Only one, Sporting Lisbon. (2-1 defeat)

edinburghhibee
14-07-2016, 12:20 AM
Athens - cancelled game
Elfsborg - Sweden

DickieDastardly
14-07-2016, 02:07 AM
Videoton & Anderlecht :thumbsup:

TheCabbage
14-07-2016, 05:56 AM
Just Dnipro

Dibben
14-07-2016, 06:03 AM
Just the one for me, Anderlecht!

HibbyDave
14-07-2016, 06:22 AM
Anderlecht, elfsborg, AEK, Odense, Dnipro , Leeds, Liverpool Maribor.

tanfield
14-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Videoton
Leige
Anderlecht

Bostonhibby
14-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Were you only Hibs fan at Vaxjo ? I remember being at first leg ( 2v0 ) and then seeing TV highlights in 1v4 defeat in snow in second leg . Must have been mid 70s and we only had 7 or 8 fans in Norrkopping a couple of years later .
Know thread was supposed to be about competition matches but friendlies have been mentioned . Anyone here at Seville friendly in 1986 ? I remember there being about 60 Hibbies there so presume some read here . Also there were about 200 Hibbies at Gibraltar friendly in 2013 .
I wasn`t at Videoton away match but remember being in London at time and seeing Hibs fans in Victoria Station waiting for trains for ferries . Maybe our last away match in Europe in which many fans didn`t use planes . Before trips were real adventures with long ferry trips for Scandinavia and train / bus plus ferry for anywhere else . Next week trip to Copenhagen will be quicker for many than supporter`s bus to Aberdeen but doubt many fans will have as many memories as those who travelled by land and sea before .

Would have been 76 or 77?

Was a bit of a planes trains and automobiles job to get to Sweden, part of a wee trip we devised, very cold and a bit snow, crowd was small, there was two of us, seem to remember there being a few soldiers there supporting Hibs and some Swedish soldiers as I think there was some connection between them and the football team. We left the following morning and never felt the need to go back since.

Nailsea Hibby
14-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Would have been 76 or 77?

Was a bit of a planes trains and automobiles job to get to Sweden, part of a wee trip we devised, very cold and a bit snow, crowd was small, there was two of us, seem to remember there being a few soldiers there supporting Hibs and some Swedish soldiers as I think there was some connection between them and the football team. We left the following morning and never felt the need to go back since.

Leige
Anderlecht

GreenT
14-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Liverpool. I was one of the 7 in Norkopping. Sochaux, Strasburg, Videoton, Liege, Maribor, Malmo, and next week Copenhagen. Essen anniversary game.

Thought we played well tonight. Shame about the keepers error but he started to show a bit of bottle as the game progressed

LancashireHibby
15-07-2016, 01:51 AM
European competition;
Malmö (Sweden)

Friendlies;
SK Lierse (Belgium)
Union Berlin (Germany)
Bolton Wanderers (England)
Blackpool (England) x2
Blackburn Rovers (England)
Preston North End (England)

Steve-O
15-07-2016, 01:58 AM
Just Dnipro! Some trip and unbelievably already 11 years ago!