PDA

View Full Version : Hibs home match in Malta..

KeithTheHibby
12-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Staying in St Julian's in Malta this week and wondered in the match is being shown anywhere at all?
Cheers

theonlywayisup
12-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Staying in St Julian's in Malta this week and wondered in the match is being shown anywhere at all?
Cheers

You could try The Scotsman bar in Sliema.

http://www.mydestinationmalta.com/nightlife/the-scotsman-pub

Not sure if the game is on telly though.

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-07-2016, 09:47 PM
Periscope might be your best hope

Spooky
12-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Square Bar in Mellieha will find it if it's on

Appreciate it is a bit of a trek from St Julian's but maybe you can make it a day out trip. No 222 bus from St Julian's and get off at Maritim hotel and ask for the square in front of the church

When Hibs players Ross County in the cup final I tried everywhere and the wee guy in the Square Bar said if it is on I will find it. And he did. Big screen right in front of us.

He has about 5 or 6 screens and can show different games so no probs about game clashes.

Good luck and enjoy Malta

Hermit Crab
13-07-2016, 01:19 AM
Are Hearts not playing in Birkikara on Thursday? You could go in the home end with your Hibs top on :greengrin

Greencore
13-07-2016, 01:48 AM
Are Hearts not playing in Birkikara on Thursday? You could go in the home end with your Hibs top on :greengrin

Actually laughed out loud at that!!!😂🇳🇬

Bill Milne
13-07-2016, 07:48 AM
Cheers

You're in trouble, mate, the place will be crawling with Yams!!

Bristolhibby
13-07-2016, 10:42 AM
Cheers

Will be intrested to here how you get on in St Julian's, I'm staying there in September for the Scotland game.

J

snooky
13-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Surprised nobody has suggested the O-Poster could just go & watch the local team. :cool2:

Hibernian Verse
13-07-2016, 11:02 AM
The Scotsman is no longer owned by a Scot as far as I know and it was a struggle to get him to show the Hibs Falkirk semi when I was there last year

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-07-2016, 11:42 AM
The Scotsman is no longer owned by a Scot as far as I know and it was a struggle to get him to show the Hibs Falkirk semi when I was there last year

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The Irish bar two doors up will be the next best bet then.

Just Jimmy
13-07-2016, 11:55 AM
I'm just back. Stayed in St Julians. During the euros they had huge screens and fan parks everywhere. Obviously didn't need to think about football though as Hibs weren't playing. The scotsman bar didnt look like much. I don't think it's even a scot who has it theres plenty of irish pubs in the area though and the island is football mad so you'll have a shot.

My personal advice is forget the game and get out and see the Island. Malta is cracking, great people, architecture and history. Get yourself on a boat trip to the blue lagoon if you haven't already.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Will be intrested to here how you get on in St Julian's, I'm staying there in September for the Scotland game.

J

I'm the same - heard its bouncing. Cany wait

Hermit Crab
13-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Surprised nobody has suggested the O-Poster could just go & watch the local team. :cool2:

See post number 5 :greengrin

Cardinal G
14-07-2016, 12:26 AM

J

Can't wait for this trip, we're in Silema

Hibby86
14-07-2016, 11:49 AM
St Julian's is a great place!! Plenty of gentlemans clubs to be sampled there!!