PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBERNIAN HOME KIT UPDATE

RSS Bot
12-07-2016, 06:10 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6633)

Keith_M
12-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately due to a delivery issue the adult jerseys will not be in stock until Thursday 4 August due to a supplier issue.

It's way past time that Hibs ripped up the contract with their shirt suppliers.

SteveHFC
12-07-2016, 06:14 PM
That's shocking

lyonhibs
12-07-2016, 06:15 PM
It has to be said, what with this latest balls up and the pathetic selection of official Cup Final merchandise, on the sales and marketing side Hibs and their suppliers have had an absolute nightmare of a pre-season.

Pretty Boy
12-07-2016, 06:16 PM
For all that's good about the club just now there are still a few frustrations.

Primarily the shambles every time there is high demand for tickets, has any more been heard about the review into the service we receive from Ticketmaster? However the service from the suppliers of our kits and merchandise takes the biscuit, absolutely piss poor with little to no explanation.

Waxy
12-07-2016, 06:20 PM
We will learn.

Danderhall Hibs
12-07-2016, 06:24 PM
At least they've issued a statement rather than leaving us guessing.

Hibby70
12-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Last year there were delays with the infant kits this year the adult sizes. Let's hope this is the last year of this mob.

Those posing as kids for STs should be made to wear junior sizes.

RyeSloan
12-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Least they managed to get some made for the first team!

Had to laugh at some of the blurb tho..hope it doesn't take a shine of the kit launch! What the fact we can't actually buy one, naw that won't bother anyone at all!

How long left of this agreement? Seems to have been pretty rubbish from the moment they closed the shop to turn it into a Nike shop for a month only for it to reopen and look exactly the same!

Still sure we will have a claw back in terms of costs for the delay so maybe it might actually be good for the cashflow.

Bring back Puma and Hibs having control of the retail! Sure Leeann will be on it on time for our promotion season next year...

MyJo
12-07-2016, 06:41 PM
the only good thing about this is its the final year of the contract with Justsports/Nike and this is a contract that was arranged and agreed before Leeann took the reins.

I really hope we get a deal with someone who will actually take the time to design strips for us rather than the Nike t-shirts we've been mostly getting.

And taking the clubstore back in house.

The_Horde
12-07-2016, 06:43 PM
100% supplier issue. Anyone blaming hibs needs to have a rethink. Do you really believe hibs haven't done all they can to get the strips out early?

Hibernia&Alba
12-07-2016, 06:51 PM
This is all very amateur. I think the Puma stuff was far superior to the Nike template gear we've been getting anyway.

Brightside
12-07-2016, 06:55 PM
I really hope we are getting plenty compo from Just Sport. They are a shambles of an outfit.

Finn2015
12-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Thankfully under leeann, we seem to be smarter. I expect after this current contract goes, we will look elsewhere

Andy74
12-07-2016, 06:57 PM
100% supplier issue. Anyone blaming hibs needs to have a rethink. Do you really believe hibs haven't done all they can to get the strips out early?

Hibs choose and then manage their supplier.

The_Horde
12-07-2016, 07:02 PM

Last two years there has been no issues with the dates. How can hibs predict a delay or issue? I'm willing to bet my house that the staff at hibs are just as pissed off as we all are about it and there's nothing they could've done about it.

Gives us another few weeks to wear the strip of glory anyway.

SaulGoodman
12-07-2016, 07:02 PM

If I order a new carpet is it my fault if the carpets get delivered late?

Andy74
12-07-2016, 07:03 PM
If I order a new carpet is it my fault if the carpets get delivered late?

If you had a choice of suppliers and went for a crap one then yes.

The_Horde
12-07-2016, 07:05 PM
As for managing the supplier. What do you mean? Hibs can only choose the gear they want then all they can do is wait for the supplier.

The_Horde
12-07-2016, 07:05 PM
If you had a choice of suppliers and went for a crap one then yes.

Cos Nike are a rubbish brand, right enough.

Craigmount Hibs
12-07-2016, 07:07 PM
I was hoping to buy one for the trip to Copenhagen next week. Shambles.

RyeSloan
12-07-2016, 07:23 PM

It's not a contract with Nike though and that's probably part of the problem.

Was a crap deal to start with and has ended as it began.

Good to hear it's the final year of the deal, sure we will manage to find better next time around (not exactly gonna be too difficult!)

Pretty Boy
12-07-2016, 07:26 PM

We don't have a contract direct with Nike though.

This was a poor decision, and has proven so with the garbage offerings even before this delay, and not one I expect will be allowed to happen again.

FranckSuzy
12-07-2016, 07:34 PM
It's all very well that this is the last year of our contract with Just Sport but given we've just had the biggest result in our history, it really is like missing an open goal with the severe lack of merchandise/delay in stock being delivered etc, etc. It was/is a license to print money, with fans desperate to be part of the action, but no cigar. You really couldn't make it up.

As an aside Kevin, who owns 'Made In Leith', will be able to retire soon given the amount of merchandise he's produced and sold since 21/5/16 :greengrin

SJM
12-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Whoever agreed the contract with the company who does the shop and the strips should be punted. No excuse, this has lost the club a lot of money!!

Andy74
12-07-2016, 07:40 PM
As for managing the supplier. What do you mean? Hibs can only choose the gear they want then all they can do is wait for the supplier.

I presume you don't deal with any suppliers if you think that is the extent of a supply relationship?

SJM
12-07-2016, 07:40 PM
We don't have a contract direct with Nike though.

This was a poor decision, and has proven so with the garbage offerings even before this delay, and not one I expect will be allowed to happen again.

Who made the decision and on what basis? It wasn't working at other clubs so why do this here?

Who done background checks on the company we have outsourced to? So many **** ups that is causing the club to lose lots of money!!

Are we giving the same *****y company the DVD money that's coming out soon?

Carheenlea
12-07-2016, 07:46 PM
At least the kids sizes will be available from this week, which at least is a better scenario to last year where the youngsters had to be patient. 3 weeks shouldn't be too much of a hardship for the adults.

Ronniekirk
12-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Unfortunately due to a delivery issue the adult jerseys will not be in stock until Thursday 4 August due to a supplier issue.

It's way past time that Hibs ripped up the contract with their shirt suppliers.

But that will still be quicker than the Cup Final Merchandise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Gutted - was hoping to get this during the week. Saw it in the flesh for the first time on Sunday and it's glorious.

Sir David Gray
12-07-2016, 09:42 PM
This whole debacle just gets worse all the time.

Total shambles.

GreenCastle
12-07-2016, 10:02 PM
This is a real poor show.

Not been impressed with the club shop quality and availability over the last few years.

It's a massive shop and feels empty and bare of any decent products / displays. It has potential to be really good but seems amateurish.

The late sponsor, the lack of kits before summer holidays, Europa game and lack of any decent cup final merchandise - this needs sorted as we are missing out on lots of extra income.

jacomo
12-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Least they managed to get some made for the first team!

Had to laugh at some of the blurb tho..hope it doesn't take a shine of the kit launch! What the fact we can't actually buy one, naw that won't bother anyone at all!

How long left of this agreement? Seems to have been pretty rubbish from the moment they closed the shop to turn it into a Nike shop for a month only for it to reopen and look exactly the same!

Still sure we will have a claw back in terms of costs for the delay so maybe it might actually be good for the cashflow.

Bring back Puma and Hibs having control of the retail! Sure Leeann will be on it on time for our promotion season next year...

Too right.

I hate Nike. US upstarts who made so much money out of basketball they just bought their way into every other sport too. All their tops at the Euros were s***e.

Hibs can't be giving away their whole retail like this. These people don't care about us.

Dump them and get a kit deal with a company that understands football.

Highland_Hibee
12-07-2016, 11:01 PM
My lecoqsportif Hibs top with whyte and mackay sponsorship has stood the test of time. My home shirt from last season was falling apart at the seems after a couple of washes.

givescotlandfreedom
13-07-2016, 12:52 AM
My lecoqsportif Hibs top with whyte and mackay sponsorship has stood the test of time. My home shirt from last season was falling apart at the seems after a couple of washes.

Get last year's one framed, it's too precious to waste away :)

HoboHarry
13-07-2016, 01:48 AM
I presume you don't deal with any suppliers if you think that is the extent of a supply relationship?
I deal with suppliers all the time and if your simplistic answer is the sum of your knowledge then I would presume that you don't know either.

My_Wife_Camille
13-07-2016, 06:29 AM
Absolutely astonished at the people blaming Hibs for this.

Pete
13-07-2016, 06:36 AM
The range with LCS and Puma was fantastic. Night and day compared with this arrangement so let's get it back to the way it was and end this nonsense. I'd accept strips made by Gola or something over this as exclusivity is more important than the "prestige" of the brand.

marinello59
13-07-2016, 06:37 AM
On the plus side this may cut down on the number of middle aged beer bellies stretching replica tops to breaking point that we witness in the summer months. Every cloud.

Thecat23
13-07-2016, 06:54 AM
Nike = Cheap template.

Hibs shop = Bare Shelves and crap stuff.

Answer.. Bin Nike, rip the shop to bits and start again with someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to marketing. Under Nike the whole thing has been utter ***** from the off including the shop.

Not blaming anyone in the shop btw, not their fault it's crap.

Simkin911
13-07-2016, 07:03 AM
Waited 114 years to win the SC again. I'm happy to wait a few weeks / months as required for kit / SC merchandise. Not ideal but not the end of world either.

tamig
13-07-2016, 07:33 AM
Waited 114 years to win the SC again. I'm happy to wait a few weeks / months as required for kit / SC merchandise. Not ideal but not the end of world either.

Its horrendous. The shop should have been packed with a range of gear a few weeks after the final and the tills would have been ringing merrily. The demand probably won't be anywhere near the same when the stock eventually trickles in. Its shambolic.

The_Horde
13-07-2016, 08:50 AM

I do, actually. So I know fine well that if there's a problem with something on the suppliers end there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Asides not use them again. And I'm fairly certain hibs won't.

CapitalGreen
13-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Would have bought the new Home top to wear in Copenhagen, unlikely to buy it now it wont be available until August.

HTD1875
13-07-2016, 10:13 AM
Was going to go down and buy one for Copenhagen but won't bother now. I know it's all outsourced now but that's £50 or so that the club could of had.

HappyHanlon
13-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Would have bought the new Home top to wear in Copenhagen, unlikely to buy it now it wont be available until August.

Was going to go down and buy one for Copenhagen but won't bother now. I know it's all outsourced now but that's £50 or so that the club could of had.

You won't buy the top now? What a load of bull****

The top is a season long purchase, no just to swagger around Denmark in.

I think a funny farm has lost a couple of patients!

Really have heard it all now!

Future17
13-07-2016, 10:32 AM
Not everyone wears replica shirts to games. I think it's a legitimate point that the Club may have lost out on sales (and related benefits) because of the delay.

Phil MaGlass
13-07-2016, 10:51 AM
You won't buy the top now? What a load of bull****

The top is a season long purchase, no just to swagger around Denmark in.

I think a funny farm has lost a couple of patients!

Really have heard it all now!

Folk buy the shirt so they can wear it during the summer, on their holidays and to friendlies, Hibs will take a big hit on this, if yi cannae get it until beginning of August.
Club could have raked it in after the SC but the shop merchandise is crap and not enough, as someone said, "yi couldnae make it up".

Baldy Foghorn
13-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Safe to say our Supplier, has been an unmitigated disaster this Summer, with lack of SC winning merchandise and now this.

Lack of earnings for me is a worry

greenlex
13-07-2016, 11:01 AM
They'll be rounding up the kids of the streets in India as we speak to hurry this along.

dp00
13-07-2016, 11:11 AM
Id imagine as soon as possible the contract with just sports will be finished and then we will take the shop in house again as we have with most other things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
13-07-2016, 12:24 PM
I deal with suppliers all the time and if your simplistic answer is the sum of your knowledge then I would presume that you don't know either.

What answer did I give? All I said is its not as simple as order and sit back.

From choosing the supplier through managing the order and the relationship you play more of a part than sending them an order and sit back.

We seemed to have a sponsor confirmed late on amongst other things. Did we provide sufficient time and some leeway to get this done?

Anyway, if you were on the board you would certainly be looking to challenge whether management had done everything they could from start to finish on this process. If they pitched up with the line that they placed an order and sat back they wouldn't last long.

JollyGreenGiant
13-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Just back from the shop and disappointed again with the lack of stock. Took my kids in to get them the new kit, home kit selling fast and no problems on that front.

However, got persuaded to buy the away top as well, but already they the have no small / medium kids shorts and no socks - the young woman advised me that they had been on order since last week. How long have they been on sale? I just think its a joke to run out of replica kit - how difficult can it be to re-order when stock is low?

And as for buying anything else, bare shelves - my oldest ended buying a wallet!

hibee_nation
13-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Be far better off dealing with a less popular manufacturer. Umbro, Erra and Joma were all on show at the Euros, sure they would give us a strip we wanted rather than some template crap from the big guys.

tamig
13-07-2016, 04:12 PM
Be far better off dealing with a less popular manufacturer. Umbro, Erra and Joma were all on show at the Euros, sure they would give us a strip we wanted rather than some template crap from the big guys.

I'd get le coq back.

My_Wife_Camille
13-07-2016, 04:16 PM
What answer did I give? All I said is its not as simple as order and sit back.

From choosing the supplier through managing the order and the relationship you play more of a part than sending them an order and sit back.

We seemed to have a sponsor confirmed late on amongst other things. Did we provide sufficient time and some leeway to get this done?

Anyway, if you were on the board you would certainly be looking to challenge whether management had done everything they could from start to finish on this process. If they pitched up with the line that they placed an order and sat back they wouldn't last long.
The board know exactly why it's been delayed. Nothing anyone at Hibs could have done about it

MyJo
13-07-2016, 05:02 PM

:agree:

personally i'd like to see us go with Under Armour but even brands like Macron, Uhlsport & Kappa are producing decent kits with a bit of imagination for teams.

You'll get the snobs who turn thier nose up at it but its the hibs badge im buying not the one on the other side of the shirt.

Bristolhibby
13-07-2016, 05:32 PM
Just back from the shop and disappointed again with the lack of stock. Took my kids in to get them the new kit, home kit selling fast and no problems on that front.

However, got persuaded to buy the away top as well, but already they the have no small / medium kids shorts and no socks - the young woman advised me that they had been on order since last week. How long have they been on sale? I just think its a joke to run out of replica kit - how difficult can it be to re-order when stock is low?

And as for buying anything else, bare shelves - my oldest ended buying a wallet!

That's just unacceptable, especially at this point of the season (as in not even started).

I'm coming up for the first home game vs the Pars and am bringing my two lads to ER. Will be furious if they don't have enough stock for a New Jersey for their first home game.

J

Bristolhibby
13-07-2016, 05:34 PM

Have to say the Joma and Erra stuff is great. I bought a Joma Honduras shirt during the last World Cup, and bought an Erra Iceland shirt from these Euros. Well smart jerseys.

J

SmashinGlass
13-07-2016, 05:36 PM
This is all very amateur. I think the Puma stuff was far superior to the Nike template gear we've been getting anyway.

One look at the yams new away kit may make you rethink that :greengrin

Bristolhibby
13-07-2016, 07:32 PM

Have to say the Joma and Erra stuff is great. I bought a Joma Honduras shirt during the last World Cup, and bought an Erra Iceland shirt from these Euros. Well smart jerseys.

J

Hibernia&Alba
13-07-2016, 07:33 PM
One look at the yams new away kit may make you rethink that :greengrin

I've just seen it, and you make a fair point! However, I'm wearing my mustard yellow Puma away right now, and their bottle green home shirt is one of the greatest ever.