PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: MARK OXLEY JOINS SOUTHEND UNITED

RSS Bot
12-07-2016, 04:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6632)

Billychaotic182
12-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Do we get a fee?

Ringothedog
Good luck Mark

GreenArmyyy!
Whatever your opinion on the man he is part of the squad that lifted the Scottish cup and played his part in getting us there so let's show him some respect.

Best of luck for the future Ox! 💚🏆

.Sean.
12-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Good luck to him.

Never in a month of Sunday's was he as poor as half the 'experts' and failed footballers on here would have had you believe.

Anyone who played a role in the Cup run is sound in my estimations. I wish him all the best :aok:

Bishop Hibee
12-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Scottish Cup winner. Good luck at Southend Utd. Good move for him and us.

hibee
12-07-2016, 04:36 PM
All the best Mark, still think there's a good goalkeeper in there waiting to come out again and this move could be the fresh start needed.

Hi Heid Yin
12-07-2016, 04:37 PM
A good honest pro and decent human being who never disrespected our club and played a key part in our ventures in getting to both the League and Scottish cup finals.
Mark Oxley goes with my best wishes and a sincere thank you for his sound efforts and performances during his stay.

BSEJVT
Good luck Mark and thanks for your efforts at Hibs.

You leave with a Scottish Cup winning medal and there aren't many ex Hibs players have one of those.

Nicho87
His signature was stuck on to the line, something he's used too.

Just kidding. Good luck ox

Booked4Being-Ugly
12-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Good luck to him.

Never in a month of Sunday's was he as poor as half the 'experts' and failed footballers on here would have had you believe.

Anyone who played a role in the Cup run is sound in my estimations. I wish him all the best :aok:Well said, all the very best to him.

Golden Bear
12-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Thanks for your excellent contribution Mark and all the best with your future career.

:aok:

Waxy
12-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Good luck. Sometimes a fresh start is the best option.

GreenCastle
Good luck Mark - played his part in history and was a decent Hibs keeper.

Best time wasting Hibs keeper I've ever seen and very good with the ball at his feet.

He also scored a goal against Livi which I believe is the most watched Hibs video on YouTube !!

Bostonhibby
Good luck to him.

Anyone who played a role in the Cup run is sound in my estimations. I wish him all the best :aok:
[emoji106] This. Good luck Mark

Michael
12-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Good luck Mark. I have no doubt that the next time you're available on a free .net will remember you as "our best keeper since Andersson".

NikGunnarsson
12-07-2016, 04:44 PM
The man leaves a legend. Fantastic guy and spoke to my son a couple of times at the games and was always really nice, also for his bad moments he has made some great saves against Rangers and Hearts and the likes. Wish Mark every success at Southend.

Pretty Boy
12-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Good luck to him.

Like everyone else he had his moments good and bad, played his part in both cup runs last year and that shouldn't be forgotten.

staunchhibby
All the best mark.Who is next for the boo boys to be chase away.

lyonhibs
Not the best, far from the worst. Was this just as good contact ran down or do you reckon we got a nominal fee for him?

Leaves a Scottish Cup winner for us. Barely any Hibs players in the history of the club can say that.

Greencore
12-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Thank you Mark and cheers for the goal. Good luck.

Shrekko
12-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Not a fan but really wish him well.

CraigHibee
12-07-2016, 04:51 PM
All the best mark, took some unnecessary stuck at times

Hibby Gav
12-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Good luck to you Mark.....thank you for your efforts at ER

ggtth

staunchhibby
12-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Dont think it will take them long to find the next one.

Callyballybe
12-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Good luck and all the best Mark.

Pretty Boy
12-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Is it really neccessary, on a thread that has been largely grateful to Mark Oxley for his contribution, for 1 or 2 to go spoiling for a fight? No doubt when you get a bite it will 'prove your point'.

Green Fish
12-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Gd luck to you ox, you gave your all, dignified and professional, can't ask for more than that.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

The Kaiser
12-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Hope we have someone good lined up

Mr White
12-07-2016, 05:01 PM
All the best Mark. Thanks for your efforts and your goal against Livi!

Craig_HFC
How many goalkeepers have scored on their debuts?

Good luck, Ox. Thanks for helping bring the Holy Grail home.

Finn2015
Good luck to him. Wish him well

SJM
Good luck Oxley, all the best in your career and I hope you make it. 👍

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-07-2016, 05:03 PM
All the very best to a Scottish Cup winner. He even managed to score a goal

Thanks for some memorable performances and stats I'm sure you'll learn greatly from your experience and mistakes.

The fact that I don't shudder when his name is mentioned tells me all I need to know. We've had some shocking GK'S over the last 10 years or so, he wasn't one of them

B.H.F.C
12-07-2016, 05:03 PM
Good move all round IMO.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Fresh start is maybe what he needs. Good luck to him.

The_Horde
12-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Good luck. Hibs legend

J-C
12-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Half decent keeper who was prone to the odd mistake hence why he was playing at our level, not the worst that's played for us, good luck at Southend.

bingo70
12-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Good luck to him.

I was never his biggest fan but some fans gave him no chance. As soon as the sarcastic cheers start there's no chance so best all round for him to move on.

As another poster says I hope this means we've got someone good lined up ready to start (not Palmer who may be good for the future but wasn't convinced by him on Sunday)

Spike Mandela
12-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Takes a real strong character to give so much to the Hibs cause over 2 years and be dislodged from his position so close to the finishing line in the Scottish cup, yet he never bleated to the press, remained part of the squad unity and (rightly) celebrated as much as anyone.

Leaves with my appreciation, respect and A Scottish cup winners medal.

Good luck Mark.

FranckSuzy
12-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Takes a real strong character to give so much to the Hibs cause over 2 years and be dislodged from his position so close to the finishing line in the Scottish cup, yet he never bleated to the press, remained part of the squad unity and (rightly) celebrated as much as anyone.

Good luck Mark.

:top marks

SJM
12-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Hopefully see him back up for Lewis' match! Him and Logan a half each for the cup winning side of this year.

allezsauzee
12-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Hope we have someone good lined up

This is my worry bearing in mind some of the rancid keepers we've had in recent years. All the best Ox!

My_Wife_Camille
12-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Played his part in what was the biggest moment in many of our lives. Hope he goes on to have the most successful career possible :not worth

Itsnoteasy
12-07-2016, 05:58 PM

Good luck Mark.

Why would he bleat to the press.
He was suspended for semi for time wasting.
Brought it on himself for being dropped.

Highland_Hibee
12-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Feel kinda bad for the lad. Looks like the only reason he would leave would be because he had a lot of boo boys headhunting him. I'm pretty sure he would have been number 1 this season with Logan leaving. Sure he had some calamitous moments but it's not like he had much of a standard to live up to if you look back on our keepers over the last 10 years. He joined us when we were at a very low point and he leaves us when we are at a very high point. Good luck in the future Ox.

My_Wife_Camille
12-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Is it really neccessary, on a thread that has been largely grateful to Mark Oxley for his contribution, for 1 or 2 to go spoiling for a fight? No doubt when you get a bite it will 'prove your point'.
Agree, however the post from MW Hibbies (asking who the next scapegoat will be) is blatant trolling and is fishing for a reaction.

MWHIBBIES
12-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Why would he bleat to the press.
He was suspended for semi for time wasting.
Brought it on himself for being dropped.Was he aye? As far as I remember he was wrongly booked away at ICT for timewasting when he was actually injured.

MWHIBBIES
12-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Agree, however the post from MW Hibbies (asking who the next scapegoat will be) is blatant trolling and is fishing for a reaction.Hardly. Oxley was used as a scapegoat all the time on here and at Easter Road.

500miles
12-07-2016, 06:15 PM
He was, on balance, a reasonable keeper. Perhaps guilty of the odd lapse when he went so long without being involved in a match.

Winner.

Itsnoteasy
12-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Was he aye? As far as I remember he was wrongly booked away at ICT for timewasting when he was actually injured.

The game I was at he definitely wasted time. It was to do with his contact lenses. The first time he sat doon. Then done the exact same about 2 mins later. Also you dinnae get suspended for one booking.

gaz1875
12-07-2016, 06:21 PM

They nearly had me, but I will wish him every bit of good fortune.

hfc rd
12-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Good luck to him.

Took the words right out of my mouth there. Well said Sean.

Good luck Mark! Scottish Cup winning legend!

Mr White
12-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Hardly. Oxley was used as a scapegoat all the time on here and at Easter Road.

No need to label others morons though in fairness.

Jonnyboy
12-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Good luck to the lad :agree:

SJM
12-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Was he aye? As far as I remember he was wrongly booked away at ICT for timewasting when he was actually injured.

Nah he shat it that night after they scored from his mistake.

SJM
12-07-2016, 06:30 PM

No he wasn't, people realised he was a weak link and said so.

marinello59
12-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Good luck.
He's still very young in 'keeper terms and will get better as he matures. It's a real pity our club aren't going to get the benefit of that. All the best to him for the future.

My_Wife_Camille
12-07-2016, 06:49 PM
I'm not getting involved in whether he was or wasn't as its been done to death and doesn't matter now. However the fact that you even felt the need to mention it on this thread is blatant trolling and looking for a reaction

MWHIBBIES
12-07-2016, 06:49 PM
No need to label others morons though in fairness.Yeah, you're right. The people who jeered Oxley at Edinburgh City are undoubtedly morons, though.

Mr White
12-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Yeah, you're right. The people who jeered Oxley at Edinburgh City are undoubtedly morons, though.

Agreed.

Danderhall Hibs
12-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Good luck to him.

SJM
12-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Good luck to him.

👍

If Phil Brown and his coaches have seen enough in him to develop his game and develop him personlly,it can only be a good thing. Despite what is said on here I don't think there's ever been a personal crusade against him, just some fans who couldn't see why Stubbs persisted in him when he was poor (some opinion) and eventually the manager and new manager seen that. I'm glad he's gone for a new start and delighted there won't be any more Oxley debates. Good or bad, like him or not, he helped us win our Scottish Cup. 👍

Itsnoteasy
12-07-2016, 07:22 PM

If Phil Brown and his coaches have seen enough in him to develop his game and develop him personlly,it can only be a good thing. Despite what is said on here I don't think there's ever been a personal crusade against him, just some fans who couldn't see why Stubbs persisted in him when he was poor (some opinion) and eventually the manager and new manager seen that. I'm glad he's gone for a new start and delighted there won't be any more Oxley debates. Good or bad, like him or not, he helped us win our Scottish Cup. 

Are you going all soft SJM

SJM
12-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Are you going all soft SJM

:greengrin: shut up you! :greengrin:

Aldo
12-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Aw the best fella!

Itsnoteasy
12-07-2016, 07:39 PM
:greengrin: shut up you! :greengrin:

Ok Jelly Baby

SJM
12-07-2016, 07:41 PM
:greengrin:

erin go bragh
12-07-2016, 07:56 PM
All the best Ox .

hibbysam
12-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Nah he shat it that night after they scored from his mistake.

His mistake lol?? Shat it?? Would you rather he stayed on, couldn't see, lost a couple of goals and ended up putting us out? Unbelievable.. A young lad who suffered from lacking in concentration at certain points, part of a defence which was the best in Britain at one point last season, and more importantly, a massive part in a cup winning side. For the big man's sake I'm glad he's away, he might now stand a chance... God help whoever fills his boots though.

ShinyFantastic
12-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Great news

Itsnoteasy
12-07-2016, 08:08 PM
His mistake lol?? Shat it?? Would you rather he stayed on, couldn't see, lost a couple of goals and ended up putting us out? Unbelievable.. A young lad who suffered from lacking in concentration at certain points, part of a defence which was the best in Britain at one point last season, and more importantly, a massive part in a cup winning side. For the big man's sake I'm glad he's away, he might now stand a chance... God help whoever fills his boots though.

Not big boots to fill.

SJM
12-07-2016, 08:14 PM

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Amazing.

Conrad filled his boots. Did he get abuse? No. Because he didn't balls up over a period of time. Yes, his mistake, his lack of judgement got him booked up in Inverness too which led to us being well out of place.

In fact, forget it, good luck Mark Oxley. No point replying to people still wanting an argument over it despite what our manager decides or decided before the final.

Hi Heid Yin
12-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Just popped onto the Southend (Shrimpers) fans forum to register and tell their fans that they have got a decent keeper in Mark Oxley - a professional both on and off the field and someone who is wished well by the majority of Hibs supporters.

KeithTheHibby
12-07-2016, 08:31 PM
Good luck to him. Never convinced me he was a top keeper, however wish him all the best.

hibbysam
12-07-2016, 08:36 PM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Amazing.

Conrad filled his boots. Did he get abuse? No. Because he didn't balls up over a period of time. Yes, his mistake, his lack of judgement got him booked up in Inverness too which led to us being well out of place.

In fact, forget it, good luck Mark Oxley. No point replying to people still wanting an argument over it despite what our manager decides or decided before the final.

Nope Conrad didn't make mistakes did he?? Conrad came in and had the one in a million debuts, like Oxley when he scored in fact. He then made a few errors in games towards the end of the season culminating in making a horror of one that ultimately kept us in the championship. They are Scottish championship keepers however that will make mistakes.

And if you think losing a contact lense is deserving of a booking then God help us all.

Vault Boy
12-07-2016, 08:46 PM
Good luck Mark. Thank you for your contributions to us in your time here.

Thegreenside
12-07-2016, 08:55 PM
Nope Conrad didn't make mistakes did he?? Conrad came in and had the one in a million debuts, like Oxley when he scored in fact. He then made a few errors in games towards the end of the season culminating in making a horror of one that ultimately kept us in the championship. They are Scottish championship keepers however that will make mistakes.

And if you think losing a contact lense is deserving of a booking then God help us all.

This 100%. Decent young keeper who made a few mistakes. The one against rangers after the semi didn't help his case, but as we seen Conrad went on to make a mistake in one of the biggest games of the season. Also conrads distribution was horrendous compared to oxley imo

hibsbollah
12-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Best of luck, Mark. You were a 5/10 kind of guy. No hard feelings.

1875Hibees
12-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Just popped onto the Southend (Shrimpers) fans forum to register and tell their fans that they have got a decent keeper in Mark Oxley - a professional both on and off the field and someone who is wished well by the majority of Hibs supporters.
Decent? Seemed like a decent teammate but a pretty poor keeper.

Itsnoteasy
12-07-2016, 09:11 PM

I guess you were not at Inverness to witness it. As said before you need more than 1 yellow card to be suspended.

Sammy7nil
12-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Best wishes and good luck for the future

monktonharp
12-07-2016, 10:50 PM
Good luck to him.

Anyone who played a role in the Cup run is sound in my estimations. I wish him all the best :aok::agree:never as bad as some made out. we have had worse, and added to that he is 25 yrs old.a young goalie!

Sir David Gray
12-07-2016, 10:57 PM
All the best to him.

He was nowhere near as bad as some people on here and at games would have had you believing.

He was a decent goalkeeper and since he's only coming up for 26, I would suggest that his best years are still ahead of him.

As others have already said, he was part of the Scottish Cup winning squad and for that alone, I will remember him fondly and I wish him good luck in his future career.

truehibernian
12-07-2016, 11:08 PM
Good luck and all the best, a good dressing room influence and part of the Hibs 'revival' which ended up with the Holy Grail.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-07-2016, 11:31 PM
Best of luck to him. Not the best Hibs keeper in my lifetime but not even remotely close to being the worst.
The scapegoating on here at times has been ridiculous. We're still in this league because we've scored about 30 goals less than the champions the past two seasons, not because our youngish keeper made some mistakes.
I look forward to our next scapegoat now that the position is up for grabs. Let's not forget that a sizeable minority on here just a couple of seasons ago were hounding Lewis Stevenson out [emoji849]

essexhibee
13-07-2016, 12:13 AM
15 mins from me will have to pop along and see him :greengrin:

HoboHarry
13-07-2016, 01:52 AM
Hats off to the admin who red carded SJM. :not worth What a pain in the erchie he was.......

CmoantheHibs
13-07-2016, 02:57 AM
Best wishes for your future career Mark

Ryan69
13-07-2016, 05:18 AM

Spoiling a fight? Surely a fight is about 2 different opinions?

It's hardly a fight though.

People are allowed opinions on forums!

I was never a big fan,but he seemed like a good guy....living the dream!

Good luck too him....That's all I say!

hibbysam
13-07-2016, 05:26 AM
I guess you were not at Inverness to witness it. As said before you need more than 1 yellow card to be suspended.

I can guarantee I was there, gladly and know exactly what went on.

Also his first booking was a great booking to get in the Derby to ease us over the line..

Cup winning legend.

Pete
13-07-2016, 06:19 AM
He'll be remembered for pretending to drop the Scottish cup before he lifted it.

Legend. End of.

Steve20
13-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Wasn't close to being the worst keeper we've had, but still wasn't that good. However, he was part of the squad that won the Scottish Cup so wish him all the best at Southend.

HappyHanlon
13-07-2016, 05:33 PM
He played his part in us winning the cup. For me that far outweighs the unmerited and often stupid criticism he's received in his time here.

All the best Ox! :thumbsup::flag::thumbsup: