PDA

View Full Version : Is it only a matter of time before we win it again?

Highland_Hibee
12-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Now it might have been a matter of a very long time for us to win this years Scottish Cup but look at our recent history in the competition. It reads that we have made 3 finals and a semi final in the last 5 years. Bearing in mind that semi final was against Falkirk who we have less luck against than most and it certainly showed that day. In the final against "them" we were still in the game until Kujabi got himself sent off for conceding a penalty that wasn't actually a foul inside the box. We were outplayed pure and simple in the final against Celtic. Against the Rangers we finally saw lady luck on our side on the back of a hearty performance. Our journey through this years competition was so beautifully poetic that it has me full of belief that we can achieve much more going forwards. That is why I believe we won't be waiting too long before we have another chance to win the big cup again. #GGTTH

SJM
12-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Yes. :agree:

Hertz would have scudded us regardless though - *****, full of loanees and would have been down to ten. Could care less now mind.

SlatefordHibby
12-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Now it might have been a matter of a very long time for us to win this years Scottish Cup but look at our recent history in the competition. It reads that we have made 3 finals and a semi final in the last 5 years. Bearing in mind that semi final was against Falkirk who we have less luck against than most and it certainly showed that day. In the final against "them" we were still in the game until Kujabi got himself sent off for conceding a penalty that wasn't actually a foul inside the box. We were outplayed pure and simple in the final against Celtic. Against the Rangers we finally saw lady luck on our side on the back of a hearty performance. Our journey through this years competition was so beautifully poetic that it has me full of belief that we can achieve much more going forwards. That is why I believe we won't be waiting too long before we have another chance to win the big cup again. #GGTTH

Like your post apart from the "big cup" patter. Does that mean the other trophies are wee?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-07-2016, 04:13 PM
If anyone was to say it wasn't a matter of time it would be interesting to hear what it is a matter of! :-)

Ronniekirk
12-07-2016, 04:13 PM
Yes we will win it again as thats the monkey off our back
When that will be who knows but in the meantime i am still enjoying our last win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.Sean.
12-07-2016, 04:46 PM
We'll win it again next season.

Finn2015
12-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Yeah I think we will. Optimistic that now the monkey is off the back we can continue to be there or thereabouts and compete in the cup competitions.

Hibbyradge
12-07-2016, 05:09 PM
If anyone was to say it wasn't a matter of time it would be interesting to hear what it is a matter of! :-)

It's a matter of fact!

Robinho08
12-07-2016, 05:19 PM
It's the Scottish cup, 'big cup' is Yamish chat. But aye we'll win it again within 15 years imo.

SJM
12-07-2016, 05:23 PM
It's the Scottish cup, 'big cup' is Yamish chat. But aye we'll win it again within 15 years imo.

The Scottish Cup also has a much nicer sound to it now it's in our cabinet Boably! 👍

Callum7
12-07-2016, 05:27 PM
I have a feeling that we'll win it again next season.

Pretty Boy

Agreed.

Implying the League Cup is the wee cup is a bit disrespectful to the Hibs side that have won it. Most Hearts fans don't have to worry about that as none of them under about 60 can remember them winning it.

Keith_M
Of course it's a matter of time.

What that time is could turn out to be less than 1 year or more than 100 years.

Roxyhibee
We will have a very good chance of winning it and the League Cup again within the next 1-5 years. Convinced of this.

If the fans back their team through the turnstiles and HSL, we can and will be a top competing club. It's up to us..

Highland_Hibee
12-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Like your post apart from the "big cup" patter. Does that mean the other trophies are wee?

Well for me the only thing that could come close to the Scottish Cup domestically would be "Champions of Scotland". "Big Cup" is a reference for the poppy thieves "How does it feel to see the wee team lift the big cup Jambos?".

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-07-2016, 05:47 PM
It's a matter of fact!

Thats a fair shout. :-)

IberianHibernian
12-07-2016, 08:42 PM
Our record in both cups this century is impressive . I can remember numerous defeats ( Arbroath , East Fife , Montrose , QOS , Meadowbank Thistle , Clydebank , ....) in 70s and 80s against lower league opposition at times when we were one of the best teams in the league but we haven`t had a similar disaster for a while ( Raith was with Butcher so explained , QOS in LC with Fenlon we rested some players and QOS had a good season , Hearts in LC just before Fenlon left was just terrible luck ) while Aberdeen for example have lost numerous times to supposedly weaker teams in both cups . Pat Fenlon never got credit he was due for successive finals with wins in places like Cowdenbeath , Ayr or Killie , all the sort of cup tie we used to lose with Turnbull and others in charge at a time when football wasn`t as equal as now . Hopefully we`ll give as much importance to cup matches as league ones this year .

monktonharp
12-07-2016, 11:08 PM
I've always thought (And said) that if we get into the semi/the finals of cups on a regular basis we are bound to get the odd break and win the bloody thing. we did that in May, and for us being in 4 finals out of 5 years, we were always in with a chance. imho we should have had 2 cups in the bag this season, and on several occasions re-the Scottish Cup we were dogged with sheer bad luck at the crucial times. I am not referring to just the finals we lost, rather the ones when we could have been in finals when, we lost O'Connor,Riordan, Murray, Latapy and all those types of games when we suddenly did not have full strength teams to get us into finals against weaker Celtic and Rangers teams of the past. the 4 players I mention, and their absece were avoidable. bookings,sale of, and a drunken night out with Latapy all cost us that chance.

monktonharp
12-07-2016, 11:11 PM
further to my last post, we will win the Scottish again, within the next 5 years and I hope it is against Celtic. we owe them, for humiliating us 6-1.:grr:

Diclonius
12-07-2016, 11:13 PM
We'll win it again within ten years.

truehibernian
12-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Funny I was talking to a coach after we won it and we both said "you know we'll probably win it again next year" !

It was a watershed moment and the team and club can move forward - the Scottish Cup jinx not only held us back it added to the negativity and fuelled the 'Hibsing it' media nonsense.

I honestly think the cup win frees the club of many 'ills' and we'll flourish from it.

Baader
12-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Yes. Only Aberdeen outside the Old Firm have played in more domestic finals than Hibs. Monkey well and truly off the back, we will win it again and a lot quicker than the last time (that's a given!)

In all honesty we really should have won both cups this season but given the choice of only one, we chose the right one!

monktonharp
12-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Funny I was talking to a coach after we won it and we both said "you know we'll probably win it again next year" !

It was a watershed moment and the team and club can move forward - the Scottish Cup jinx not only held us back it added to the negativity and fuelled the 'Hibsing it' media nonsense.

I honestly think the cup win frees the club of many 'ills' and we'll flourish from it.:agree: very much so.

Highland_Hibee
12-07-2016, 11:54 PM
Yes. Only Aberdeen outside the Old Firm have played in more domestic finals than Hibs. Monkey well and truly off the back, we will win it again and a lot quicker than the last time (that's a given!)

In all honesty we really should have won both cups this season but given the choice of only one, we chose the right one!

A cup double would have been sublime and it hurts a little thinking about how close we were to doing it. Then I remember 1902 became 90+2 this year and I settle myself again. :greengrin