PDA

View Full Version : Excited for Brondby..

GreenCastle
12-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Anyone else really looking forward to this game?

I know there has been lots of chat about us treating as 4th priority (behind cups and league).
Poor crowd
No chance of progressing (possible Malmo hammering) as we aren't ready...
Etc etc..

But it's not every day Hibs play a team from outside the UK and I look forward to seeing how our players cope plus the quality of the opposition team.

Hopefully anyone sitting on the fence about attending get's along and we get a decent game. :aok:

From Wiki...a few notable players..

Brondby have...ex Celtic player Pukki and Kamil Wilczek (Polish Internationalist), the Denmark back up keeper and Hernmannssron who was with the Iceland Euro 2016 squad in France!

Mr White
12-07-2016, 11:11 AM
Aye I'm looking forward to it and I think we'll give them a game. I had this marked as a game to come over for since the night of the cup final: our first competitive match since winning cup. Bring them on!

Since90+2
12-07-2016, 11:13 AM
I have a feeling we might surprise a few people on Thursday. I think we will go to Copenhagen with a lead.

Delboy4
12-07-2016, 11:15 AM
Just bought two tickets (took half an hour though) Ticketmaster aghh!

Now excited for Thursday, can't wait to see the green & white in action again.

GGTTH
🇳🇬⚽️🇳🇬⚽️🇳🇬

bingo70
12-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Anyone else really looking forward to this game?

I know there has been lots of chat about us treating as 4th priority (behind cups and league).
Poor crowd
No chance of progressing (possible Malmo hammering) as we aren't ready...
Etc etc..

But it's not every day Hibs play a team from outside the UK and I look forward to seeing how our players cope plus the quality of the opposition team.

Hopefully anyone sitting on the fence about attending get's along and we get a decent game. :aok:

From Wiki...a few notable players..

Brondby have...ex Celtic player Pukki and Kamil Wilczek (Polish Internationalist), the Denmark back up keeper and Hernmannssron who was with the Iceland Euro 2016 squad in France!

Would the polish and Icelandic internationals not likely to still be on their summer break? Normally if a player is away on international duty they get some extra time off.

I'm really excited about the game on Thursday, I love seeing new teams play and European nights are great. I also think we've got a good chance, I think we're a pretty good solid team and I hope they underestimate us, if they do then I think we could get a positive result on Thursday.

St Pauli Hibee
12-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Would the polish and Icelandic internationals not likely to still be on their summer break? Normally if a player is away on international duty they get some extra time off.

I'm really excited about the game on Thursday, I love seeing new teams play and European nights are great. I also think we've got a good chance, I think we're a pretty good solid team and I hope they underestimate us, if they do then I think we could get a positive result on Thursday.

Wilczek wasn't in the polish squad at the euros as for Hermannsson I think he has just signed therefore wont be eligible for the game Wilczek is the danger man I think

GreenCastle
12-07-2016, 11:24 AM

0v0 wouldn't be a bad result - ideally we limit any away goals.

I would imagine they would have had people watching the Motherwell game at the weekend so they will be wary of our threats.

Not sure about their International players...hopefully...

They do look a decent attacking team - below are the goals from their last 6v0 Europa League game - though against a lower side -

https://youtu.be/bjL-s_H_UUc

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-07-2016, 11:35 AM
More excited than the club seems to be.

Austinho
12-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Brondby have...ex Celtic player Pukki and Kamil Wilczek (Polish Internationalist), the Denmark back up keeper and Hernmannssron who was with the Iceland Euro 2016 squad in France! Which leads me to wonder what their fans would say about our team on paper?

Former Celtic Manager, who guided them to the last 16, and defeated Barcelona in the Champions League
Scotland International (John McGinn)
Ex Man United (David Gray)
Ex Celtic (McGeouch)
Players who've played in the Premier League (Holt, Fontaine)
FA Cup winner (Fyvie)
Scottish Cup Winners (PRETTY MUCH ALL OF THEM! :cb)

Now, we all know the reality is slightly different (some have made very few appearances), but it does sound good on paper. Point is - just like players YouTube highlight reels, you can dress anyone look better than they are... We shouldn't be scared of Brondby IMO :aok:

bingo70
12-07-2016, 11:46 AM
More excited than the club seems to be.

What do you think the club could have done more to generate excitement?

Not a pop by the way, I'm somebody that doesn't need any encouragement for games like this but I know there are a lot that do.

SJM
12-07-2016, 12:02 PM

Not a pop by the way, I'm somebody that doesn't need any encouragement for games like this but I know there are a lot that do.

Interviews in the papers? Players promoting tickets? The manager not saying it will be very tough to go through and it's basically a friendly?

Not having a pop but you did as the question.

Excited myself - can't wait to get back. :agree:

GreenCastle
12-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Interviews in the papers? Players promoting tickets? The manager not saying it will be very tough to go through and it's basically a friendly?

Not having a pop but you did as the question.

Excited myself - can't wait to get back. :agree:

Think the club are playing this low profile to avoid a big fall.

Do you have a link for the Lennon quote you mention - not being following his quotes last few days.

allezsauzee
12-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Hibs will take a lead over to Denmark and then pick them off on the counter over there....hopefully!

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-07-2016, 02:00 PM

The low key approach doesn't appear like it has been too successful ticket sales wise, I just find it a bit odd, hope we still get a decent result, quite encouraged after Sunday.

Time For Heroes
12-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Which leads me to wonder what their fans would say about our team on paper?

Former Celtic Manager, who guided them to the last 16, and defeated Barcelona in the Champions League
Scotland International (John McGinn)
Ex Man United (David Gray)
Ex Celtic (McGeouch)
Players who've played in the Premier League (Holt, Fontaine)
FA Cup winner (Fyvie)
Scottish Cup Winners (PRETTY MUCH ALL OF THEM! :cb)

Now, we all know the reality is slightly different (some have made very few appearances), but it does sound good on paper. Point is - just like players YouTube highlight reels, you can dress anyone look better than they are... We shouldn't be scared of Brondby IMO :aok:

Good take it on. I like this!

Dashing Bob S
12-07-2016, 02:44 PM
It's very strange, but in the space of 24 hours I've gone from not giving a toss about this game, to being wildly excited.

I'll go even further: yesterday I actually resented the game from waking me from my beautiful Scottish Cup daydream, and was determined to ignore it as some Intertoto glorified per-season friendly.

However, I'm excited at getting back into the real world and seeing how Lennon's Hibs measure up against decent opposition. Interesting thing about Brondy is that they are a club at a level we can easily aspire to be at. I think they'll be too strong, but I can't see another Malmo debacle and we might give them a good game.

I'm off to pick up some tickets and there is quite a bit enthusiasm brewing with my little mob now.

Col2
12-07-2016, 02:48 PM
In Florida on hols but also excited about the game and hope to see game online.

I am ok with lowish key approach as we are still in preseason and still to get players in and remember we have one single priority this season and its winning that league. Nothing else matters (although if greedy another Scottish cup run would be fantastic)

KWJ
12-07-2016, 03:17 PM
I'm gutted we're at home first as I can't make it. Desperate for us to get through and have another euro night game at ER.

So early in the season isn't ideal but the potential prize is huge.

hibeedonald
12-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Buzzing for this. Bizzare that people wouldn't want to go.

SteveHFC
12-07-2016, 03:50 PM
Another european game at ER. Can't wait.

jgl07
12-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Hibs will take a lead over to Denmark and then pick them off on the counter over there....hopefully!
Another Videoton is on the cards.

GreenCastle
13-07-2016, 06:53 AM
After Celtics humiliation last night I really hope we are ready for tomorrow - Brondby are a much better side so we need to be focused or it could be a 3 or 4 goal hammering.

sbell1875
13-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Does anybody know if the ticket pods will be in operation tomorrow night?

I'm just about to buy online but I won't get through early enough to collect well before K.O.

Keyser Sauzee
13-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Does anyone know if its PATG, I've had a look on the website but can't see anything?

GreenCastle
13-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Looks like sales have picked up in the East Stand.

Famous Five lower looks quiet though - West ok.

Not sure about Pay at the pods - would imagine so - but Hibs probably won't announce anything till later today / tomorrow.

Remember the print at home (library / friends / hotel etc) is easiest option and saves wasting time in a Q.