PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV on Thursday night

CallumLaidlaw
12-07-2016, 08:34 AM
I'm currently on holiday in Spain and was hoping to use my Hibs TV subscription to watch the game on Thursday but a wee while ago it was mentioned that things were changing with HTV this season and only an overseas subscription would allow live match video. Anyone know anymore about this?

Billy
12-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Drop them an email: support@hibernianfc.co.uk

dunedinhibs
13-07-2016, 01:57 AM
Is the game defo on for overseas subscribers on Thursday i'm going to sign up for the first time but i cant see any mention on the official site.

Hibby Bairn
13-07-2016, 02:12 AM
I am also on holiday. Can you buy a subscription for one match or one month?

Wee Effen Bee
13-07-2016, 03:44 AM
Is the game defo on for overseas subscribers on Thursday i'm going to sign up for the first time but i cant see any mention on the official site.
I'm on holiday in the Americas and I watched the Motherwell game here. :agree:

dunedinhibs
13-07-2016, 05:40 AM
I'm on holiday in the Americas and I watched the Motherwell game here. :agree:
Nice one :thumbsup:

dunedinhibs
13-07-2016, 05:41 AM
I am also on holiday. Can you buy a subscription for one match or one month?
It's paid monthly so I suppose you could cancel after a month?

SlickShoes
13-07-2016, 06:14 AM
I watched the Motherwell game fine in Melbourne, and I'll be watching the Brondby game hopefully fine in Wellington, New Zealand.

I'm just on the regular monthly payment thing.

we are hibs
13-07-2016, 08:34 AM
Will the 2nd leg be on Hibs TV and available in the UK with it being a game abroad? If it is I'd rather give Hibs TV my money for a months subscription than premier sports.

CallumLaidlaw
13-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Will the 2nd leg be on Hibs TV and available in the UK with it being a game abroad? If it is I'd rather give Hibs TV my money for a months subscription than premier sports.

I very much doubt they'll be able to show it in the uk as a uk company has the rights to it

TamHibs
13-07-2016, 09:45 AM
I very much doubt they'll be able to show it in the uk as a uk company has the rights to it

Don;t Hibs TV just normally use the TV feed & commentary? They used to do it in the Setanta Days.

glenberviehibee
13-07-2016, 10:46 AM
I'm currently on holiday in Spain and was hoping to use my Hibs TV subscription to watch the game on Thursday but a wee while ago it was mentioned that things were changing with HTV this season and only an overseas subscription would allow live match video. Anyone know anymore about this?

I watched motherwell game on hibs tv from salou on Sunday

BT58
13-07-2016, 10:51 AM
Can you get a one off game. Im heading to Portugal on monday. Or do i have to pay for whole season ??

CallumLaidlaw
13-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Don;t Hibs TV just normally use the TV feed & commentary? They used to do it in the Setanta Days.

Possibly but only for non-uk fans.

TamHibs
13-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Possibly but only for non-uk fans.

That's what a VPN is for then ;)

CallumLaidlaw
13-07-2016, 11:20 AM
That's what a VPN is for then ;)

I'd rather watch it on my Tv

mutley
13-07-2016, 11:30 AM
It's paid monthly so I suppose you could cancel after a month?

You can cancel anytime but you still get the month that you paid for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
14-07-2016, 11:27 AM
No live video for ANYONE tonight. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Off the bar
14-07-2016, 11:40 AM

*******s, any explanation?

That's gutting I was looking forward to this one, I take it they're doing audio?

EH54
14-07-2016, 11:46 AM
Hibs TV
Tonight’s Hibs TV broadcast will be audio only for all subscribers. A full match replay will be available to all subscribers following the match, with a Match Highlights package being produced post-match. Unfortunately we are unable to broadcast live from tonight’s game, apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Subscribers will also be able to gain access to the post-match player interview, whilst Neil Lennon’s interview and Goal Highlights will be made available on Hibs TV Freeview.

norhfc
14-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Thats a bummer, I just renewed my membership just for this game :fuming:

Forza Fred
14-07-2016, 11:53 AM
*******s, any explanation?

That's gutting I was looking forward to this one, I take it they're doing audio?

They don't say WHY there is no live tv coverage for overseas subscribers...anyone know the reason?

CallumLaidlaw
14-07-2016, 12:05 PM

I just paid this week as a one off as I am on holiday. Really dissapointing.

Off the bar
14-07-2016, 12:14 PM
The audio is normally pretty good though, a few folk on here aren't keen but I think Cliff and the guys do a great job

blackpoolhibs
14-07-2016, 12:16 PM
The audio is normally pretty good though, a few folk on here aren't keen but I think Cliff and the guys do a great job

:agree: The emotion in their voices when we scored the winner and at full time at the cup final moves me to tears every time. :top marks

Off the bar
14-07-2016, 02:33 PM
:agree: The emotion in their voices when we scored the winner and at full time at the cup final moves me to tears every time. :top marks

Before angry huns started to abuse them and throw stuff at them!

High-On-Hibs
14-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Any reason been given why they won't show it to oversees? Seems very odd.

Jonnyboy
14-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Any reason been given why they won't show it to oversees? Seems very odd.

No reason stated but I'm guessing it's a UEFA thing.

Coco Bryce
14-07-2016, 02:53 PM
What's the problem. The game is being shown live on youtube for everyone and their dug to view I've been told :confused:

KWJ
14-07-2016, 02:58 PM
What's the problem. The game is being shown live on youtube for everyone and their dug to view :confused:

It is? :confused:

MileHighBees
14-07-2016, 03:01 PM
They don't say WHY there is no live tv coverage for overseas subscribers...anyone know the reason?

I am a big fan of HibsTV and have been a subscriber since they started the live streams many years ago.
The recent feeds with a much higher resolution picture (including a certain game in May :greengrin) have been fantastic :top marks

Unfortunately, communication from HTV is almost non-existent these days.
We used to get a 'match day' email before games which often included a pdf version of the match programme.
Last time I received such an email was back in January this year.

We know that they have the facilities in place to show games at ER.
I watched a perfect stream of the friendly v Motherwell the other day.
IF there is a 'broadcasting rights' issue with tonight's game then surely they could just say that.
IF they simply are not allowed to broadcast it OR it would cost them a fortune to buy the rights then I think we could accept that.
(I don't know if 'rights' IS the problem or not but I can't think of anything else :dunno:)
Giving us no explanation at all is very disappointing.

tigerted
14-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Meant to be shown here:

http://www.vipleague.is/football/399682/1/hibernian-vs-brondby-live-stream-online.html

Apologies if you're not meant to post links?:flag::flag::flag:

Andy74
14-07-2016, 03:34 PM

Eh!!

Away tonight and was relying on this!

CallumLaidlaw
14-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Eh!!

Away tonight and was relying on this!

Me too mate. Paid the £8 overseas subs just 2 days ago for this reason.

Callum7
14-07-2016, 03:48 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RXiw2RCVLdc found this on youtube. I don't know if it will work as I will be at the game. But good luck to those who are unable to make it.

Hibrandenburg
14-07-2016, 04:06 PM

Might be the reason they've kept this under their hat until the last minute. They must have known this before now.

CallumLaidlaw
14-07-2016, 04:12 PM
This is translated from Brondbys site. Wonder what Hibs are up to -

"Since it was first announced that we'd be playing our next European tie against Hibernian, we have been trying hard to find a way to show the match in Denmark.

As of this morning, we have been in contact with Hibernian, but unfortunately a solution could not be found. Therefore, we must unfortunately announce that the game cannot be shown live on TV or on stream.

Like many other Brøndby fans, we, as a club, are infuriated and annoyed that a solution could not be found with this evening's hosts.

They have the rights to the game but, have not managed to make a deal with a TV company in order to show the game.

We have tried to find alternative solutions, such as a live stream of the game on one of our own platforms, (such as Facebook Live) but Hibernian FC has not authorised this.

We have been informed that BBC Radio will be commentating on the match, but we may not be able to get Danish commentary due to geo-blocking"

Skåne Hibs
14-07-2016, 04:15 PM
Might be the reason they've kept this under their hat until the last minute. They must have known this before now.

Had a look on the Brondby website and they're not happy about it not being televised. They seem to be blaming Hibs,. I notice the Hearts game is televised, seems odd ours isn't on.

PeeJay
14-07-2016, 04:16 PM
... all a bit strange. Sent an email to the Hibs TV support team and they have "forwarded it to the Club" :confused: - We had some instances last season of games not being shown for some reason - don't really mind not being able to see away games, BUT if HOME games at ER are going to be shown sometimes only then I will cancel my subscription ... seems the Brondby guys are pissed off about this ridiculous situation too - bet we can watch it on their site for the return leg ...

KWJ
14-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Wonder if the game is loaded as soon as it's ended or if it's after midnight. Either way, not too tough to avoid the score live if overseas and then watch it 'as live' at midnight.

Skåne Hibs
14-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Hopefully this wasn't just the club being cynical and not showing it to sell more tickets.

Not making it clearer to people's buying Hibs TV subscriptions for tonight is pretty shady behaviour.

CallumLaidlaw
14-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Hopefully this wasn't just the club being cynical and not showing it to sell more tickets.

Not making it clearer to people's buying Hibs TV subscriptions for tonight is pretty shady behaviour.

Yeah I'm disappointed at that. Clear people on holiday would subscribe with just the game in mind.

JimBHibees
14-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Pretty poor that a reason has not been given or there wasn't more awareness it might not have been shown. Subscribed yesterday for the game as on holiday not hugely impressed.

hhibs
14-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Pretty poor that a reason has not been given or there wasn't more awareness it might not have been shown. Subscribed yesterday for the game as on holiday not hugely impressed.

What the f... !

No explanation,not good enough.

Now considering if I will cancel my monthly subscription.

Unfortunately all to typical of Hibs ,keeping it quiet till last moment and more information coming out of Denmark.:grr:

Craig_in_Prague
14-07-2016, 05:03 PM
What the f... !

No explanation,not good enough.

Now considering if I will cancel my monthly subscription.

Unfortunately all to typical of Hibs ,keeping it quiet till last moment and more information coming out of Denmark.:grr:

It's the one thing the club do very poorly!

Everything else about the club is positive; but the Hibs TV is really poor with little or no communication.

lord bunberry
14-07-2016, 05:10 PM
If I find out the club have decided not to show it when they could have I will be cancelling my subscription tomorrow morning. I've subscribed for years, but I rarely use it. Tonight was my one chance to get the proper use out of it.

hhibs
14-07-2016, 05:11 PM
It's the one thing the club do very poorly!

Everything else about the club is positive; but the Hibs TV is really poor with little or no communication.

Obviously agree about the Hibs tv but ,the Club are really awful on merchandising,shocking lack of Scottish Cup goods,with people literally wanting to spend hundreds of pounds at a time.

hhibs
14-07-2016, 05:35 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RXiw2RCVLdc found this on youtube. I don't know if it will work as I will be at the game. But good luck to those who are unable to make it.

Thanks for that Callum 7, have now logged on this and it does say it will be shown as a live stream and there is a countdown clock on view, maybe the Brondby folk managed something.

Fingers Crossed !!

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-07-2016, 05:49 PM
Is this not just typical Hibs, don't look for an excuse because we won't get one.

Think that YouTube link might be Micky Mouse with some kind of logging in to an unsafe site to get your details, hope I'm wrong, if all fails then at least I will have the radio link from ER.

Not good enough Leeann :confused:

calumhibee1
14-07-2016, 05:54 PM
In USA and went to the hassle of taking out a second Hibs tv overseas membership specifically to watch this game. Then I'm met with the message that it'll just be commentary. Not happy.

HiBremian
14-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Explanation needed Leeann :cb

GreenLake
14-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Someone must have stolen the HibsTV video equipment. There can't be any other rational explanation for showing the Motherwell friendly but not a European tie.

skyehibee
14-07-2016, 06:34 PM
Anyone had any luck with any streams/links elsewhere?

Dr_Regal
14-07-2016, 06:41 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous, now we all have to scour the internet looking for crappy streams when we have legally paid for the right to watch it. Absolute Farce Hibs.

I have those two links loaded that were posted if that doesnt work I dunno.

KWJ
14-07-2016, 06:45 PM
listening to the game in a cafe in montreal. Using a VPN through the BBC website.

Forgot my headphones so likely to get chucked out before too long!

KWJ
14-07-2016, 06:46 PM
**** sake :(

Green&White
14-07-2016, 06:46 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous, now we all have to scour the internet looking for crappy streams when we have legally paid for the right to watch it. Absolute Farce Hibs.

I have those two links loaded that were posted if that doesnt work I dunno.
Ive looked everywhere. Not one stream to be seen. Can get plenty for hearts and aberdeen. Utter disgrace!!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Hibrandenburg
14-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Do they offer a concession Hibs TV membership for kids? :duck:

Green Man
14-07-2016, 06:59 PM
I can't even get audio on Hibs TV, the page is there but there's no sound.

Off the bar
14-07-2016, 07:01 PM

Same here just seeing the twitter feed no audio player, I'm on the iPad BTW

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-07-2016, 07:01 PM

Working OK here.

Green Man
14-07-2016, 07:02 PM

I'm on iPhone so maybe an iOS issue?

Off the bar
14-07-2016, 07:04 PM
I'm on iPhone so maybe an iOS issue?

Maybe, I've both watched and listened to hibs.tv on the iPad before though. . .

PeeJay
14-07-2016, 07:19 PM
I had problems with the broadcast on Saturday on the Mac platform (Windows was fine) - maybe it's an Apple issue?

GreenLake
14-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Sounds is good on my Macbook. That there is no video for this game is inexplicable.

High-On-Hibs
14-07-2016, 07:26 PM

Seems to be a plugin issue. If you can download and try a different browser, such as Firefox. It should work.

w pilton hibby
14-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Seems to be a lack of agreement between the clubs

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-opponents-brondby-angered-by-tv-blackout-1-4177804

mikewynne
14-07-2016, 07:34 PM

If you use the site so submit feedback (below the Twitter feed) the page will then reload and then magically display the play button. Looks like s bug to me.

Off the bar
14-07-2016, 08:07 PM
If you use the site so submit feedback (below the Twitter feed) the page will then reload and then magically display the play button. Looks like s bug to me.

Cheers, I've got the BBC commentary and the periscope stream from the west stand going so for fear of losing that I'm gonna stick with it!

Off the bar
14-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Seems to be a plugin issue. If you can download and try a different browser, such as Firefox. It should work.

Cheers G

KWJ
14-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Cheers, I've got the BBC commentary and the periscope stream from the west stand going so for fear of losing that I'm gonna stick with it!

What's the periscope stream bud? Link please!

Off the bar
14-07-2016, 08:12 PM
What's the periscope stream bud? Link please!

Someone called Michelle, click the globe icon and scrawl over to the holy ground and click the wee blue dot in the west stand!

KWJ
14-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Someone called Michelle, click the globe icon and scrawl over to the holy ground and click the wee blue dot in the west stand!

Ah, had hers earlier but thought it stopped. Rangers fan!

Don't get all that stuff with the browser unfortunately, will find it again though, thanks.

Off the bar
14-07-2016, 08:15 PM
Ah, had hers earlier but thought it stopped. Rangers fan!

Don't get all that stuff with the browser unfortunately, will find it again though, thanks.

Nice one, it's no the best view but it'll be a good angle for our equaliser and winner!

KWJ
14-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Nice one, it's no the best view but it'll be a good angle for our equaliser and winner!

Aye!

Periscope is a bit of a pain in browser as you can't turn the sound off so can't hear the radio and piss off everyone else in this cafe!

:greengrin GGTTH!

Off the bar
14-07-2016, 08:20 PM
**** I think her battery has gone!

Now someone at the other end of the west is online!