PDA

View Full Version : Borders Friendies

Galahibby
11-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Not sure if this has already been posted, but we'll be playing a couple of friendlies down in the Borders next week. It'll obviously be the development squad but, if anyone's interested, it's Selkirk on the Tuesday 19th, 7.30pm ko, and Gala Fairydean Rovers on Friday 22nd, ko time to be confirmed. Selkirk game is £5/£3, not sure about Gala yet :aok:

Mibbes Aye
11-07-2016, 10:54 PM
We're away to Coldstream on Saturday as well, same prices as Selkirk but under-16s are free. It's a 3pm kick-off.

I'll probably manage two if not all three of these games.

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 02:34 AM
Bump

Dev squad playing but potentially a chance that a more senior player or two may feature.

Home Park, Coldstream, 3pm KO £5 for adults, under-16s free.

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Not sure if this has already been posted, but we'll be playing a couple of friendlies down in the Borders next week. It'll obviously be the development squad but, if anyone's interested, it's Selkirk on the Tuesday 19th, 7.30pm ko, and Gala Fairydean Rovers on Friday 22nd, ko time to be confirmed. Selkirk game is £5/£3, not sure about Gala yet :aok:

Gala Fairydean Rovers on Friday is a 7.45 KO.

Prices are £7/£3 and pre-school go free.

Hamish
16-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Bump

Dev squad playing but potentially a chance that a more senior player or two may feature.

Home Park, Coldstream, 3pm KO £5 for adults, under-16s free.

Laidlaw Dunsmore Forster Waugh Crane Carmichael Smith Stanton Harris Keatings Shaw

Trialist keeper and Insall on bench

Taken from Twitter no score updates.

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 02:46 PM
Laidlaw Dunsmore Forster Waugh Crane Carmichael Smith Stanton Harris Keatings Shaw

Trialist keeper and Insall on bench

Taken from Twitter no score updates.
2-0 at halftime. Cracking drive by whoever is playing left back then Keatings with a penalty

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Shaw looking good. Stanton very involved.

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 03:02 PM
3, shimmy and a bullet of a finish from Keatsie.

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 03:07 PM
Cheeky lob gives Keatings his hat-trick .
4-0 Hibs

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Five now, keeper saves from Shaw but he scores with the follow-up

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Forster unmarked from a corner headers home. Six-nil

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Goal for them, looked like a Forster stumble, keeper got a hand to it but couldn't keep it out.

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Shaw follows up from a Harris shot to make it seven.

Ozyhibby
16-07-2016, 03:29 PM
How's Laidlaw playing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Insall and Watson on for Shaw and Harris

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 03:35 PM
How's Laidlaw playing?

Not much to do C.
Cruyffesque turn in the first half. Will be disappointed with the goal as he got a glove on it but he had been left exposed

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Eight, Insall from a Watson assist.

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Full time, 8-1

Ozyhibby
16-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Full time, 8-1

Poor defending lets us down again. FFS Hibs.

Ozyhibby
16-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Has Handling picked up a knock? Hasn't featured since Motherwell?

Lancs Harp
16-07-2016, 03:50 PM
We'd have lost 1-0 if that Spanish referee had been in charge. :greengrin

Hamish
16-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Full time, 8-1

Thanks for the updates.

brog
16-07-2016, 03:54 PM
Full time, 8-1

Much appreciated!

Keith_M
16-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Is Gary O'Connor the Selkirk manager?

Golden Bear
16-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Is Gary O'Connor the Selkirk manager?

He is indeed.

Jonnyboy
16-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Just back from the Coldstream game. Closish first half before we over ran them in the second. Crane and Insall with the best of the goals.

Impressed with the performances of Crane, Waugh, Harris, Shaw and Carmichael though in fairness nobody had a bad game.

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Callum Crane got the first goal, as JB says it was a belter.

We were dominant throughout, as we should be with at least half a team of players pushing to be in Lennon's plans right now. We really pulled away in the second half and it was evident in that Coldstream, who had been physically strong without being dirty, became far more niggly with their challenges.

We seem to be settling into a 4-3-3 with the front three high and using the whole width of the pitch. There was lots of fluidity within that however - Harris started on the right, switched to the left and was back on the right for the second half whilst Carmichael played right mid and left upfront at different stages. Lots of crisp, one-touch passing but also no reluctance to ping it long to the front men out wide if it looked like there was a move on.

As for individuals, the picks for me were Crane, a tidy-looking player; Shaw, always asking questions of the defence; Carmichael, tons of energy, maybe just needs to pass a bit earlier.

There weren't any teamsheets - Johnnyboy, was Waugh playing at centre-half beside Forster? If so, I agree he was good, great communication with his teammates.

As an aside, the ground is shocking for lost footballs, must have got into double figure for the amount of balls used. By midway through the second half they were having to play with Hibs training balls and not all of them will have made it back to East Mains :greengrin

Golden Bear
16-07-2016, 05:38 PM

We were dominant throughout, as we should be with at least half a team of players pushing to be in Lennon's plans right now. We really pulled away in the second half and it was evident in that Coldstream, who had been physically strong without being dirty, became far more niggly with their challenges.

We seem to be settling into a 4-3-3 with the front three high and using the whole width of the pitch. There was lots of fluidity within that however - Harris started on the right, switched to the left and was back on the right for the second half whilst Carmichael played right mid and left upfront at different stages. Lots of crisp, one-touch passing but also no reluctance to ping it long to the front men out wide if it looked like there was a move on.

As for individuals, the picks for me were Crane, a tidy-looking player; Shaw, always asking questions of the defence; Carmichael, tons of energy, maybe just needs to pass a bit earlier.

There weren't any teamsheets - Johnnyboy, was Waugh playing at centre-half beside Forster? If so, I agree he was good, great communication with his teammates.

As an aside, the ground is shocking for lost footballs, must have got into double figure for the amount of balls used. By midway through the second half they were having to play with Hibs training balls and not all of them will have made it back to East Mains :greengrin

At one time Home Park was no more than a public park but I think Coldstream were one of the founder members of the SFA hence they were allowed to compete in the Scottish Cup.

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 05:40 PM
At one time Home Park was no more than a public park but I think Coldstream were one of the founder members of the SFA hence they were allowed to compete in the Scottish Cup.

Interesting. They don't have turnstiles or the like, the entrance is just like a park gate, which makes sense now :greengrin

Couldn't fault the state of the pitch though, the surface was immaculate.

Pete70
16-07-2016, 05:53 PM

There was team sheets handed out in their club house before kick off. Kevin Waugh was number 5 and had a decent game. I hope Keatings' injury isn't too bad as he looked in a fair bit of pain.

On the catering side, the pies were pretty good and I also heard soup wasn't bad either

Mibbes Aye
16-07-2016, 06:00 PM
There was team sheets handed out in their club house before kick off. Kevin Waugh was number 5 and had a decent game. I hope Keatings' injury isn't too bad as he looked in a fair bit of pain.

On the catering side, the pies were pretty good and I also heard soup wasn't bad either

Cheers, I had gone out to the touchline well before kick-off to watch the drills. Is Kevin the younger brother of Kenny, who was dev left-back for us a few years ago?

Catering was decent enough and reasonably-priced. Nice club to visit. Just glad the weather held though :greengrin

Jonnyboy
16-07-2016, 07:09 PM

Pete has saved me from the need to answer :greengrin You're right about his communication - first class.

Forza Fred
17-07-2016, 05:27 AM

Soup on sale at a football game in the summer?

Don't think it would catch on in my neck of the woods..but will give the locals here a chuckle!

Lancs Harp
17-07-2016, 09:32 AM
Soup on sale at a football game in the summer?

Don't think it would catch on in my neck of the woods..but will give the locals here a chuckle!

It might have been Gazpacho

Tamhere1875
17-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Been to the two games in the borders got to say the hositality at both games was first class,the people at Coldstream where only to happy to copy teamsheets and hand them out.