PDA

View Full Version : Brondby training at Riccarton

Tam
11-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Just back from Riccarton, Neilson an Crawford met Brondby off the coach and are providing them with training facilities ahead of the game on Thur.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-07-2016, 08:09 PM
Just back from Riccarton, Neilson an Crawford met Bronby of the coach and are providing them with training facilities ahead of the game on Thur.

Seems only fair that the Sporting Excellence facilities are vacated by Hearts to make way for some Elite sportsmen.

Sir David Gray
11-07-2016, 08:10 PM
I assume they managed to clear it with the 3rd year hockey students first then.

Billy Whizz
11-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Seems only fair that the Sporting Excellence facilities are vacated by Hearts to make way for some Elite sportsmen.

It's not even their facilities to let

SJM
11-07-2016, 08:16 PM
So facilities paid from sport Scotland are being used by our opponents? Sound.

Pretty Boy
11-07-2016, 08:19 PM
It's hardly the end of the world. They would have needed somewhere nearby to train, if it hadn't been Riccarton it would have been Peffermill or Stirling Uni or the like.

I can't see the fact they rented the same place Hearts do having any effect on the game, they were always going to train sonewhere locally.

Billy Whizz
11-07-2016, 08:28 PM
They are in the country early as well

Carheenlea
11-07-2016, 08:37 PM

Taking the game very seriously if that's the case, and far from the pre-season kickabout that many seem to feel we should be treating it as.

leggeto
11-07-2016, 09:09 PM
Just back from Riccarton, Neilson an Crawford met Brondby off the coach and are providing them with training facilities ahead of the game on Thur.

**** *******s **** them

Waxy
11-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Wonder if they'll loan Billy King to them for the tie.

The Green Goblin
11-07-2016, 09:12 PM

They were just letting them know that you can train there until you owe well over £100k then just get away with not paying it....

Spike Mandela
11-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Wonder if Neilson was explaining to Brondby how to just dingy any receipt for paying for use of the facilities? Dinny pay it for 18 months and then you get use of enhanced facilities at cheaper price. Simples:cb

mca
11-07-2016, 09:18 PM

Got To be in Early For a Bit of Sightseeing and They Need to Sign for the Council Houses before the Game.. :wink:

Nicho87
11-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Wonder if neilson explains to the brondby coach how to **** up a 2 nil score line with 15 mins to go.

vuefrom1875
11-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Freeloaders.....

Steviep73
11-07-2016, 09:55 PM
He'll be telling them too hoof it into the box from the half way line ☺

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
11-07-2016, 10:20 PM
tbf at least the owners of riccarton will finally get some rental fees paid

not that the owners need money right enough, not when they can afford to write off the 30 million Billion rent money the grunts done them for

p.s. have hibs fixed up training at the rivals of brondby :)

SunshineOnLeith
11-07-2016, 10:23 PM
So they've rented pitches from Heriot Watt?

I'm not sure what the story is here..

heretoday
11-07-2016, 10:30 PM
(Danish accent) Ah Mr Neilson, so tell us how you coped with our opponents the last time you played them?

We got knocked oot the cup....

lord bunberry
11-07-2016, 10:31 PM
I wonder if they will be paying for the privilege or have they heard that these facilities are free as long as you employ beasts and bump charities.
Never let them forget.

lord bunberry
11-07-2016, 10:37 PM
(Danish accent) Ah Mr Neilson, so tell us how you coped with our opponents the last time you played them?

We got knocked oot the cup....

We we're 2-0 and we ****ed it up. It's was alright though cause I thought we'd have a better chance at the leith San siro. That's what Craig (I **** it on the biggest day of my footballing life and left my team mates to hopelessly surrender the league on the last day of the season) told me to say. It was his fault, but I'm the diddy they put in front of cameras each week, cause I'm marginally less hair and very marginally more articulate than a orangutan.

greenginger
11-07-2016, 11:06 PM
It's hardly the end of the world. They would have needed somewhere nearby to train, if it hadn't been Riccarton it would have been Peffermill or Stirling Uni or the like.

I can't see the fact they rented the same place Hearts do having any effect on the game, they were always going to train sonewhere locally.

More like Hearts get the facilities for next to nowt, and rent them to the Danes for a handsome profit.

TAHibby
11-07-2016, 11:09 PM
We we're 2-0 and we ****ed it up. It's was alright though cause I thought we'd have a better chance at the leith San siro. That's what Craig (I **** it on the biggest day of my footballing life and left my team mates to hopelessly surrender the league on the last day of the season) told me to say. It was his fault, but I'm the diddy they put in front of cameras each week, cause I'm marginally less hair and very marginally more articulate than a orangutan.

It was a good money spinner

ian cruise
11-07-2016, 11:25 PM

I've no problem with Bronby using Riccarton, they will need somewhere to train, as long as it's not east mains. I'm not sure what business Neilson has being there, if he was, and id certainly hope he has better grace as a professional than to be helping a team potentially damage the countries co efficient, even if that team are playing your city rivals. I wouldn't want a hibs manager doing that for any other scottish teams opponent's unless there was a genuine link there that could help justify it, for example the manager used to play for the team, ideally for a long time and grew an affinity to the club or they are managed by someone they are particularly good friends with, those I'd begrudgingly accept but just helping a team because it makes you rivals look bad is poor sportsmanship and petty at best. Not that there's actually any proof he's is offering anything but just being there leaves him open to suspicion

Keith_M
12-07-2016, 08:50 AM
What's wrong with Neilson meeting up with Brondby? He's probably just asking for some coaching tips from a decent football team...

...or he's just spotted all the Scandinavian Blonde WAGS.

Brightside
12-07-2016, 08:57 AM
More like Hearts get the facilities for next to nowt, and rent them to the Danes for a handsome profit.

no. Brondby will rent from Sport Scotland. Lets not start acting like that lot. Its a sport facility available to anyone who wants to rent it.

Kato
12-07-2016, 08:57 AM
helping a team because it makes you rivals look bad is poor sportsmanship and petty at best.

Mmm, and it's Hearts we're talking about here. I know what side of petty I think they are on.

Bostonhibby
12-07-2016, 08:58 AM
Another "special" relationship in the offing perhaps? the fans do like them, I remember talk of the Liverpool one, only played one tie and it was instant - they even got to be on the Yam creditor list, respectable position as well, £46k.

Bill Milne
12-07-2016, 09:06 AM

Surely you mean Heriot-watt are providing them with facilities?

bobbyhibs1983
12-07-2016, 09:07 AM
can i take a wild guess here to what may have happened?

i think Brondby have hired Riccarton for some training sessions when heartz were due to train and the riccarton people have told heartz to sod off and neilson has been told to give the brondby lot the keys :greengrin

Bostonhibby
12-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Surely you mean Heriot-watt are providing them with facilities?

:agree: Undoubtedly another yam special relationship arrangement there - they are virtually joined at the hip, to the extent that HW never actually bothered pursuing the yams burgeoning pre admin debt the last time. They were even higher up the list than Liverpool, allowing themselves to be bumped for a very respectable £145k

FranckSuzy
12-07-2016, 09:11 AM
Another "special" relationship in the offing perhaps? the fans do like them, I remember talk of the Liverpool one, only played one tie and it was instant - they even got to be on the Yam creditor list, respectable position as well, £46k.

:tee hee:

Bostonhibby
12-07-2016, 09:13 AM

i think Brondby have hired Riccarton for some training sessions when heartz were due to train and the riccarton people have told heartz to sod off and neilson has been told to give the brondby lot the keys :greengrin

:greengrin Easy mistake to make, looks like a janny.

Bostonhibby
12-07-2016, 09:20 AM
:tee hee:
Slow work day S. Have to put the time to good use [emoji1]

FranckSuzy
12-07-2016, 09:28 AM
Slow work day S. Have to put the time to good use [emoji1]

Quite right :agree: I'm on a day off so am using my time wisely by watching a certain game from 21/5/16....AGAIN :thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
12-07-2016, 09:32 AM
Quite right :agree: I'm on a day off so am using my time wisely by watching a certain game from 21/5/16....AGAIN :thumbsup:

:aok: Watched the goals again a couple of times last night!

southsider
12-07-2016, 09:41 AM
:aok: Watched the goals again a couple of times last night!
My misses goes to bed around 10ish and then on comes the last 25minutes. Love it.

Billy Whizz
12-07-2016, 09:54 AM
Read somewhere that they have arrived without 2 if their best players, one has visa problems and the other has a family problem

Bostonhibby
12-07-2016, 10:16 AM
My misses goes to bed around 10ish and then on comes the last 25minutes. Love it.
Top tip! I will impose this from now on

Since90+2
12-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Lebogang Phiri will miss the game as he did not get a Visa in time.

A quick Wiki search shows he is a 21 year old South African international playmaking midfielder and played 40 games for them last season.

southsider
12-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Top tip! I will impose this from now on
Best get the beer in. Fantastic viewing. Last 25 mins then all post match stuff. Thought Pat Nevin was going to bust into SOL !

Waxy
12-07-2016, 10:40 AM
Think we should offer Birkikara East Mains.

RoxburghHibs
12-07-2016, 10:50 AM
So in summary:

Brondby hire public training facilities also hired by Hearts.

HibernianJK
12-07-2016, 11:09 AM
I know Hearts don't own Riccarton like we own East Mains, however if we had a foreign club borrowing our training facilities and someone (would hope the manager) wasn't there to welcome them I'd be prety disappointed.

Bostonhibby
12-07-2016, 12:04 PM
So in summary:

Brondby hire public training facilities also hired by Hearts.
Yes.

The real story will be that brondby will actually pay for the privilege.

Keith_M
12-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Just to clarify:

Hearts have NOT offered them training facilities...... Mainly because they don't actually OWN any training facilities.

Kato
12-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Just to clarify:

Hearts have NOT offered them training facilities...... Mainly because they don't actually OWN any training facilities.

Exactly, but feel the need to act as if they do by meeting the Brondby staff.

Ozyhibby
12-07-2016, 12:39 PM
I'm pretty sure it would have been Hibs who set them up at Riccarton as good hosts and I'm sure the will do the same for us over there.
I'm also sure that George Craig had said at one of the HTC visits that Hibs had an agreement to rent at Riccarton as well once the new facility is built. What the extent of that is I don't know. Could be just the use of the indoor hall once a week of the players in for sports science testing etc but I'm sure that was what he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allezsauzee
12-07-2016, 01:27 PM

With the yam players hanging around powerleague hoping that somebody is a player or 2 short so that they can get a free game?