PDA

View Full Version : James Collins

Drumlanrig
11-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Crawley Town have signed James Collins after the striker's contract at Shrewsbury was cancelled by mutual consent

BBC Gossip!

erin go bragh
11-07-2016, 03:32 PM
What a fright D . Thought we were getting linked with him :)
Phew

HappyHanlon
11-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Probably never recovered from his Cheltenham antics. Just another bellend footballer acting like he's billy big baws.

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2016, 05:08 PM
Probably never recovered from his Cheltenham antics. Just another bellend footballer acting like he's billy big baws.
We've had a few of them over the years tbf

Heisenberg
11-07-2016, 05:11 PM
A donkey of a player who acts the big man when off the field. Glad we got rid of him.

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Anybody else think he could till do a job for us?

MyJo
11-07-2016, 05:34 PM

I dont even think he is cut out for working on the till in the shop :wink:

BSEJVT
11-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Probably my least favourite Hibs player of the last 30 years usurping such luminaries as Kujabi, Docherty, Keenan, Haynes, Trakys & Agogo to name but a few.

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Always thought there was a player in there. Shame it didn't work out for the big fella.

KSA Hibee
11-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Always thought there was a player in there. Shame it didn't work out for the big fella.

There was indeed a player in there but it was one that he had eaten ... After becoming frustrated with him early doors I would try and count the number of headers he would win during a game .. I almost got to 2 once.

BSEJVT
11-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Is there any chance one of the Admin's could delete this thread please?

It has taken me 2 years to get over the thought of James Collins in a Hibs shirt and this thread is setting me back quite a bit.

Bostonhibby
11-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Matty Jack role?

Eyrie
11-07-2016, 07:09 PM

Seagull scarer?

lyonhibs
11-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Scored against Hearts in a winning derby.

Other than that, ran around a lot with heehaw end result and precious little decent service to be fair.

Best obliterated from our collective memory, just like that entire season.

easty
11-07-2016, 10:11 PM
Wasn't even close to being one of our worst strikers. Loads worse than him.

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2016, 10:16 PM

Agree.

Onceinawhile
11-07-2016, 10:26 PM

Tall pish and Lee power.

Horrendous.

ehf
11-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Probably my least favourite Hibs player of the last 30 years usurping such luminaries as Kujabi, Docherty, Keenan, Haynes, Trakys & Agogo to name but a few.

Heroes all, compared to Ryan McGivern.

lord bunberry
11-07-2016, 10:45 PM

I agree. He at least have 100% while playing. Plenty players during that era didn't even meet that minimum requirement. His lack of goals and his fondness for the drink meant I was glad to see the back of him, but he wasn't the worst I've seen by a long way.

IberianHibernian
11-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Wasn't even close to being one of our worst strikers. Loads worse than him.Agree . Would probably have scored at least 15 to 20 goals in each of last 2 seasons if he`d stayed and if we sign another striker of his age and type before league starts most fans will be happy .Understandably players from relegation years or years with terrible cup final ending like 2012 get labelled as disasters while players in promotion or cup - winning years get labelled as brilliant but it isn`t really as simple as that . Doherty is probably the best right back we`ve had in at least the last 10 years but got stick for a possible comment after final , if we`d lost semi against DU half the team especially Stevenson , Hanlon and other stalwarts would have been wanted out by many Hibs fans once promotion wasn`t possible .

SunshineOnLeith
11-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Whenever anyone complains that Jason Cummings offers 'nothing to the team apart from scoring goals' they should be reminded of the alternative, James Collins.

Worked his socks off, so he did.

ian cruise
11-07-2016, 11:04 PM
I agree. He at least have 100% while playing. Plenty players during that era didn't even meet that minimum requirement. His lack of goals and his fondness for the drink meant I was glad to see the back of him, but he wasn't the worst I've seen by a long way.

I thought he wasn't a drinker? I know there were stories of him out with pals at clubs but I seem to remember the story being that he was on the soft drinks all night, though cola isn't exactly great for a professional athletes diet and the late nights wouldn't help even if sober.

BobMilne
11-07-2016, 11:53 PM
Dear oh dear..........Doherty is probably the best right back we've ever had? man what stuff you smoking???? This post should be labelled as a disaster :)

Agree . Would probably have scored at least 15 to 20 goals in each of last 2 seasons if he`d stayed and if we sign another striker of his age and type before league starts most fans will be happy .Understandably players from relegation years or years with terrible cup final ending like 2012 get labelled as disasters while players in promotion or cup - winning years get labelled as brilliant but it isn`t really as simple as that . Doherty is probably the best right back we`ve had in at least the last 10 years but got stick for a possible comment after final , if we`d lost semi against DU half the team especially Stevenson , Hanlon and other stalwarts would have been wanted out by many Hibs fans once promotion wasn`t possible .

Rivers Cuomo
12-07-2016, 07:37 AM
Heroes all, compared to Ryan McGivern.

Agreed. As inept and frustrating as many of the players we have had over the years I dont think ill ever quite hate a former Hibs player as much as him or Doherty for his post final comments. McGivern was disrespectful to the fans in his actions and the club in his performances. Coupled with being an absolute welt of a guy.

SJM
12-07-2016, 07:40 AM
Agree.

The Tank an Rowan Vine to name a couple. Issue is we actually paid money for Collins.

SJM
12-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Agree . Would probably have scored at least 15 to 20 goals in each of last 2 seasons if he`d stayed and if we sign another striker of his age and type before league starts most fans will be happy .Understandably players from relegation years or years with terrible cup final ending like 2012 get labelled as disasters while players in promotion or cup - winning years get labelled as brilliant but it isn`t really as simple as that . Doherty is probably the best right back we`ve had in at least the last 10 years but got stick for a possible comment after final , if we`d lost semi against DU half the team especially Stevenson , Hanlon and other stalwarts would have been wanted out by many Hibs fans once promotion wasn`t possible .

Steven Whittaker and David Gray are way better than Doherty. They are not ****s either.

Diclonius
12-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Still haven't gotten over that miss against Hearts.

BSEJVT
12-07-2016, 08:56 AM
I hated the guy, used to run about the pitch like one of the drunks I used to play against on a Sunday morning sweating out the drink from the night before.

Crap touch, awful finisher and a total welt

Geo_1875
12-07-2016, 09:18 AM
The Tank an Rowan Vine to name a couple. Issue is we actually paid money for Collins.

You just ruined my day by reminding me that Rowan Vine ever played for Hibs.

ian cruise
12-07-2016, 09:31 AM

I know he was, well, not good but I just can't hate a man with such a splendid beard.

DaveF
12-07-2016, 09:34 AM
Tall pish

Horrendous.

That's being generous. Great play on his name though :-)

Craig_HFC
12-07-2016, 09:37 AM
I know he was, well, not good but I just can't hate a man with such a splendid beard.

I ****in' despise that ****.

I got into a Twitter arguement with him while he was at Hibs and he is a reprehensible prick of the highest order.

Greencore
12-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Did we pay cash for him?

SJM
12-07-2016, 09:47 AM
You just ruined my day by reminding me that Rowan Vine ever played for Hibs.

Apologies :greengrin

:Awright!:

SJM
12-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Did we pay cash for him?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23492855 :agree:

SJM
12-07-2016, 09:49 AM
See Doyler signed for Preston http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36662647