PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson

keep the faith
11-07-2016, 12:51 PM
Good article on BBC re moving to Tranent and coaching.
Good luck Thommo. Horrible luck with injuries and played for us in three periods- and for free. I do think he will be our manager one day.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36758806

Baldy Foghorn
11-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Good luck Thommo. Horrible luck with injuries and played for us in three periods- and for free. I do think he will be our manager one day.

No chance IMO

Future17
11-07-2016, 12:57 PM
I can't be the only person who is intrigued/disturbed by the quote:

"It is an eye opener, I am not going to lie - packing a bag and getting told I need to take my own pants and socks and to take a towel and having to clean my boots after training."

ian cruise
11-07-2016, 01:05 PM
No chance IMO

SMAAXA as boss with KT as assistant? Lennon out, SMAAXA in.

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2016, 01:07 PM

First he played for buttons, then he played for free. Was their ever a time we gave this man a living wage?

Ergye
11-07-2016, 04:58 PM
First he played for buttons, then he played for free. Was their ever a time we gave this man a living wage?

:greengrin

Small wonder his dear old mother is still sweeping the streets at 70.

Dearie me.

SMAXXA
11-07-2016, 05:03 PM
SMAAXA as boss with KT as assistant? Lennon out, SMAAXA in.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 👌

Sammy7nil
11-07-2016, 06:13 PM

"It is an eye opener, I am not going to lie - packing a bag and getting told I need to take my own pants and socks and to take a towel and having to clean my boots after training."

Lol maybe he used take the wives pants :greengrin

Iceman1875
11-07-2016, 06:38 PM

Wish him nothing but the best. Grew up with KT and he loves Hibs. Delighted he made a career out of the game he loves.

Not sure I can see him being out manager mind you but you never know!

At Easter Road we play...

Highland_Hibee
11-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Hope he has the success he deserves. There was a time I would have rated him ahead of Scotty Brown. I suppose he got to see the Hibees win the Scottish Cup so he has got that going for him.

3pm
11-07-2016, 06:56 PM
Headered the baw off the line at the Pink Bus Shelter. An underrated contribution on the way to 21 May.

Good luck Kevin.

bigwheel
11-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Headered the baw off the line at the Pink Bus Shelter. An underrated contribution on the way to 21 May.

Good luck Kevin.

Was excellent in that game and the replay !

cmcd
11-07-2016, 09:22 PM
:greengrin

Small wonder his dear old mother is still sweeping the streets at 70.

Dearie me.

I can assure you KTs mum is nowhere near 70

snedzuk
12-07-2016, 08:53 AM
Lol maybe he used take the wives pants :greengrin

Surely if he took his own wife's pants it would be 'wifes' but if he took wives pants that would be the pants of several wives implying he's been collecting said pants of several wives- maybe from Tranent washing lines!

Yorkshire HFC
12-07-2016, 09:26 AM

Hibs players seem to be treated like they're playing for Barcelona - the problem is, it works for Barcelona but doesn't work for Hibs!

Such is modern life I guess - and is all part of the reason for the high running costs of the club. It would be much easier to take if we were at least an SPL club.

Brightside
12-07-2016, 09:33 AM

Pants are provided by the club.

GreenOnions
12-07-2016, 09:43 AM

For supporters as well? It gives a whole new meaning to someone being "given the slip".

snooky
12-07-2016, 10:04 AM

Good luck Kevin.

Never seen that word written, although I've often used it. :greengrin

Shows how good Kevin is when he could have just headed it off the line :wink:

:aok:

tomhorn
12-07-2016, 10:20 AM

I've never been into watching the Big T Juniors because they play in such an offensive colour. I just can't see past that.

GreenCastle
12-07-2016, 10:57 AM
Good luck KT.

Not sure about this quote though - plenty of women playing and coaching football these days.

"It is definitely a young man's sport, the managers are getting younger and younger every day and I'm looking to tackle that one day."

Future17
12-07-2016, 11:04 AM

I sincerely hope you're joking?

Brooster
12-07-2016, 11:44 AM
I've never been into watching the Big T Juniors because they play in such an offensive colour. I just can't see past that.

Thomson was unveiled yesterday holding the white and blue away strip. rather amusing.

DTS
12-07-2016, 02:12 PM
I sincerely hope you're joking?

I doubt he is, by "pants" it will be the nike compression pants as it'll be part of the deal with Nike that all base layers etc must be Nike basically with and advertisements, I recall anytime hibs players in the past when we had le coq kits the players would wear under armour base layers with the under armour logo covered

MyJo
12-07-2016, 02:14 PM
I doubt he is, by "pants" it will be the nike compression pants as it'll be part of the deal with Nike that all base layers etc must be Nike basically with and advertisements, I recall anytime hibs players in the past when we had le coq kits the players would wear under armour base layers with the under armour logo covered

Its also a rule now that any base layers must be the same colour as the strip the player is wearing :agree:

DTS
12-07-2016, 02:17 PM
Its also a rule now that any base layers must be the same colour as the strip the player is wearing :agree:

A rule not many agree with but purely from a viewing point it looks better😂 I recall Ivan in the 07 final wearing a navy blue base layer with the kit it looked horrendous

tomhorn
12-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Thomson was unveiled yesterday holding the white and blue away strip. rather amusing.

He should have made it a condition of signing that he won't wear the maroon hame strip.

eastmainsmsh
12-07-2016, 08:43 PM
Really surprised at kt dropping down to junior level great for Tranent tho wish him and Tranent all the best