Zazu62
11-07-2016, 09:11 AM
Could be a hibs player over the next few days

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Hope so think he would be a great signing/loan deal

Since90+2
11-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Cant say I have ever been overly impressed with him TBH. Likes a dive as well which is not something I like to see.

The Captain....
11-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Cant say I have ever been overly impressed with him TBH. Likes a dive as well which is not something I like to see.

Agree with you, never seen him as a particularly influential player for Aberdeen. Not sure he's any better than what we already have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billychaotic182
11-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Diving little so and so. Don't like him at all. His dive against us when Ivan never touched him. His dive to win the Dons a pen against Dundee which sent them down. Much rather see Harris, Stanton, Martin and even Handling over him. But much like all football fans I am fickle so if he signed and did well I'd change my tune. But at the moment I can't look past the fact he is a cheating wee sod haha

GlasgowHibee
11-07-2016, 09:26 AM
I hope that doesn't mean any of our current midfielders are leaving, as other posters have said, never been that impressed by him. Would much rather take Liam Henderson back. :greengrin

Ozyhibby
11-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Pawlett is fast and plays on the wing, exactly what people have been saying we need?
He'll soon learn that we don't tolerate diving here unless it wins is loads of pens and then we will just turn a blind eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craigmount Hibs
11-07-2016, 09:39 AM
He's a cheat. Fact. I'd be very disappointed if that's the type of individual we're looking to bring into our squad.

w pilton hibby
11-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Could be a hibs player over the next few days

Not according to this

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/aberdeen-dismiss-reports-linking-peter-pawlett-move-hibs/

Frazerbob
11-07-2016, 09:56 AM
From the local rag.....

"Aberdeen have today dismissed reports midfielder Peter Pawlett is poised to join Championship side Hibs on loan. It had been reported Hibs manager Neil Lennon was keen to take the 25-year-old to Easter Road. But the Dons have confirmed they have had no contact from Hibs over any deal for Pawlett."

Most comments on their FB page from Sheep are that they would be sorry to see him go.

jarre1875
11-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Must admit. Im no a big fan of pawlett. I feel the squirrel is a better option.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
11-07-2016, 10:22 AM
If he signs please - none of that Human League stuff...

Billychaotic182
11-07-2016, 10:24 AM
I lived in Aberdeen for 6 years and I can safely say all my mates up there wouldn't be heart broken to see him leave. I had one mate text me to tell me he'd drive him to Easter road himself. He is not liked by them as much as you'd think!

SJM
11-07-2016, 10:27 AM
Class wee player - would love him on board.

Waxy
11-07-2016, 10:37 AM

And no toungue twisters. Who cares who picked a pickled thingy.

easty
11-07-2016, 10:55 AM
I just want to get promoted this season, and if he can help us do that then so be it.

That said...I don't actually rate the diving wee prick.

Juice-Terry
11-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Can't stand him. Stay well clear.

GreenOnions
11-07-2016, 12:12 PM
I think Pawlett is a good player and perhaps the type we need to add to our squad. Quite good technically, likes to run with the ball and is pacey and direct. It would be great if Alex Harris was to step up consistently because he looks to be that type of player. Lennon seems to be giving him a chance but he's probably running out of time.

Pawlett's probably been a bit unlucky at Aberdeen with McGinn and Hayes playing so well over the last couple of years and Shinnie coming in too. Being on the fringes of the team may not have helped his consistency.

Re - the "diving". Well - non-one likes to see that but let's not pretend we don't analyse it differently when a Hibs player does it (eg Garry O'Connor - remember that?). I'm sure Lennon would be able to make sure it doesn't happen at ER were Pawlett to come to Hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
11-07-2016, 12:15 PM
He's a cheat. Fact. I'd be very disappointed if that's the type of individual we're looking to bring into our squad.

I want more people that will win at all costs in our team/squad.

The_Exile
11-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Having "nice" players won't get us promoted this year, but having diving wee scrotes and players with an edge who will do anything to win and collect 3 points will.

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Having "nice" players won't get us promoted this year, but having diving wee scrotes and players with an edge who will do anything to win and collect 3 points will.

👍👍👍

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2016, 01:07 PM
If he comes then good, he's a decent winger. As for the diving i couldnt give a toss, we have one in the team at the moment who does his fair share of it and he's signing a new 4 year contract if the rumours are true.

And we've had plenty in the past who have gone down easily, because Pawlett plays for another team it appears his diving is worse than someone who plays for us, when i the real world they are both the same.

Geo_1875
11-07-2016, 01:14 PM

Do you think he'd get more penalties for us or spend half the season suspended for simulation?

We don't have a history of getting a lot of penalties.

Highland_Hibee
11-07-2016, 01:36 PM
I'm not going to pretend to know much about him but if he improves our squad then I don't care what kind of "character" he is.

Nicho87
11-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Dons have denied this

ancient hibee
11-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Do you think he'd get more penalties for us or spend half the season suspended for simulation?

You must be too young to have seen Eric Stevenson

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2016, 03:40 PM

Joe Davis scored most of his penalties through Eric being fouled :wink:

greenlex
11-07-2016, 03:42 PM

Don't you want it Baby?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Don't you want it Baby?

Give it to me baby - aha aha...

Eh no ;)

h185forever
11-07-2016, 03:58 PM

I have a recollection of Joe scoring 52 out of 53 penalties, though that might not be his final tally.

Can anyone confirm or is my memory playing tricks

Twas in the time when a perfect penalty was one placed in the postage stamp ...virtually unsaveable for a keeper.....tho I can't remember if that was Joe's main technique

just looked at a stats page which suggests 39 penalties ...could've sworn it was more

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Dons have denied this

Ach well at least we had something to talk about

h185forever
11-07-2016, 04:05 PM

I have a recollection of Joe scoring 52 out of 53 penalties, though that might not be his final tally.

Can anyone confirm or is my memory playing tricks

Twas in the time when a perfect penalty was one placed in the postage stamp ...virtually unsaveable for a keeper.....tho I can remember if that was Joe's main technique

Danderhall Hibs
11-07-2016, 04:43 PM

Cos we don't dive enough?

Marco G
11-07-2016, 09:16 PM
Well I am not, and think you are doing Eric no favours! He could shift the ball so quickly and there were a fair few cloggers around, so I always felt he earned any he got. Dont remember him getting many at Ibrox or Parkhead though! The other poster is right about Joe Davis btw. Never seen a more confident or better penalty taker, pure striker of the ball, and a most skilful full back.

Col2
11-07-2016, 09:30 PM
I wonder if they told them...."we were two nil up at home in the cup with ten minutes to play and our players were all injured and the referee kept giving them free kicks and they got lucky.......but at least it was a money spinner replay".

For all the good things that has happened to the gunts over the past two years they are intent on making a complete balls up off it. Budge alienating herself with fans because of very strict behaviour code and puppet Neilson playing negative football, failing to win big games and protecting Levein (no trophies) from any flack. And we won the Scottish cup which has taken away the last comfort blanket. I wish nothing but misery for them.

matty_f
11-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Cos we don't dive enough?

All that would happen is we'd get more yellow cards. We don't get the penalties that are penalties, never mind the ones for dives.

eastterrace
11-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Well I am not, and think you are doing Eric no favours! He could shift the ball so quickly and there were a fair few cloggers around, so I always felt he earned any he got. Dont remember him getting many at Ibrox or Parkhead though! The other poster is right about Joe Davis btw. Never seen a more confident or better penalty taker, pure striker of the ball, and a most skilful full back. best penalty taker I've seen and your right Eric Stevenson was that tricky that he usually did get fouled but he has dived a few times

truehibernian
11-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Would prefer Gary Mackay Steven - more gifted and has an end product.

Pawlett is a wee cheat made of balsa wood - never off the treatment table - no thanks.

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Would prefer Gary Mackay Steven - more gifted and has an end product.

Pawlett is a wee cheat made of balsa wood - never off the treatment table - no thanks.

So would I except there is no chance. Mackay-Steven will be given time and I suspect will be a big part of their future

lord bunberry
11-07-2016, 10:51 PM

Maybe I'm getting old and maybe I'm stuck in the past, but I can't agree with that.

Wee Effen Bee
11-07-2016, 11:39 PM
Maybe I'm getting old and maybe I'm stuck in the past, but I can't agree with that.
You're maybe getting older like the rest of us but you are not stuck in the past: I can't stand divers either. Does that mean that some people on here wouldn't mind our players rolling around in fake agony trying to get opponents booked? If I had tried any of that when I played, my own team mates would have kicked me in the fud!
Playing the game fairly doesn't mean you can't play with a bit of steel. One of the things I liked about Stubbs' era was that we did put it about a bit when it was required - we were no pushovers.

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2016, 11:42 PM
If he comes to Hibs, it's an inspired signing, if he doesn't, we dodged a bullet. That's how this works, and it's pointless pretending otherwise.

lord bunberry
11-07-2016, 11:42 PM
You're maybe getting older like the rest of us but you are not stuck in the past: I can't stand divers either. Does that mean that some people on here wouldn't mind our players rolling around in fake agony trying to get opponents booked? If I had tried any of that when I played, my own team mates would have kicked me in the fud!
Playing the game fairly doesn't mean you can't play with a bit of steel. One of the things I liked about Stubbs' era was that we did put it about a bit when it was required - we were no pushovers.

Well said mate

Forza Fred
12-07-2016, 12:26 AM
best penalty taker I've seen and your right Eric Stevenson was that tricky that he usually did get fouled but he has dived a few times

Eric, who was a fabulous player was in his defence, fouled quite a lot......but I think he would have made the Olympic Diving team...I swear I witnessed him getting tripped on the half way line, only to come to earth inside the penalty box!

On Joe Davis...still remember the penalty he MISSED......against Hamburg at Easter Road on a crazy European night...that miss though pug us out of Europe.

On diving...it is a bane on the game, and should not be tolerated. Or condoned..even at our club.

Ray_
12-07-2016, 05:11 AM
Eric, who was a fabulous player was in his defence, fouled quite a lot......but I think he would have made the Olympic Diving team...I swear I witnessed him getting tripped on the half way line, only to come to earth inside the penalty box!

On Joe Davis...still remember the penalty he MISSED......against Hamburg at Easter Road on a crazy European night...that miss though pug us out of Europe.

On diving...it is a bane on the game, and should not be tolerated. Or condoned..even at our club.

I remember that miss well, it wasn't just Joe's miss that put us out, we also had a couple of good goals chalked off and they kicked us to bits. Present days, the game would have had to be abandoned as they would have had so few players left on the park that hadn't been sent off.

Forza Fred
12-07-2016, 06:23 AM
I remember that miss well, it wasn't just Joe's miss that put us out, we also had a couple of good goals chalked off and they kicked us to bits. Present days, the game would have had to be abandoned as they would have had so few players left on the park that hadn't been sent off.

I don't recall them being over dirty....those days what you rightly say would deserve red cards in today's game, would be accepted with a "what are you greet in' about, you GOT the free kick", but I DO remember the Hamburg goalie was allowed to wear a green top, and one Hibs 'goal' being chalked off for offside, when many thought the flag went up because a man in green was nearer the goals than anyone else....

southsider
12-07-2016, 06:40 AM
I loved Eric (the rebel) and he was my favourite player closely followed by Colin Stein and Peter Marinello. I think I remember Joe Davis missing a penalty at ER against them whilst shooting up the slope. His penalty almost hit the corner flag if I recall.

brog
12-07-2016, 06:45 AM

Ah Freddie, given my avatar I have of course to disagree. Eric didn't dive, he merely encouraged tackles in the box & if defenders were so stupid to dive in then Eric gratefully allowed the outstretched leg to trip him up!! Eric & Charlie Cooke were so skilful they would deliberately appear to lose control. This tempted the defender in then ( as above ) Eric tipped the ball past him & called for Joe Davis. I remember one crazy incident at Dens when Eric did just that. Alec Hamilton, the Dundee RB thought the ref had given the pen & was so mad that he picked the ball up, in the box almost on the byeline. He booted the ball away high in the air & when it came down the game carried on! None of the officials saw him with the ball in his hands. And we thought Alan Muir was blind!!

hibbydad
12-07-2016, 06:47 AM
I don't recall them being over dirty....those days what you rightly say would deserve red cards in today's game, would be accepted with a "what are you greet in' about, you GOT the free kick", but I DO remember the Hamburg goalie was allowed to wear a green top, and one Hibs 'goal' being chalked off for offside, when many thought the flag went up because a man in green was nearer the goals than anyone else....

I also remember the ball going in and hitting the staunchon and coming back out and the referee waving play on Fred

Danderhall Hibs
12-07-2016, 07:01 AM
If he comes to Hibs, it's an inspired signing, if he doesn't, we dodged a bullet. That's how this works, and it's pointless pretending otherwise.

Nail on the head.

Forza Fred
12-07-2016, 10:10 AM

Zibi must have been an inspired bullet, either that or we dodged an inspiration there....:greengrin

Lago
12-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Nothing in the stories according to the Dons.

Zazu62
20-07-2016, 09:40 PM
good call.

Sound mate .

Newcastlehibby
20-07-2016, 09:41 PM
I remember clearly being incensed by this and wondering why no-one in the Hibs camp complained about the keeper being allowed to wear a green jersey. We had at least 2 chalked off for dubious offsides.

Jonnyboy
20-07-2016, 09:46 PM

This exactly Fred. Their keeper wore green and the ref allowed it. Bloody scandal as we wiz robbed :greengrin

Eric was one of my favourites and when he won a pen he used to crouch down on the halfway line with his back to the play until the crowd confirmed Joe D had scored which he did much more often than not

polarbear
21-07-2016, 08:26 AM
His reputation for cheating makes him a slightly risky signing IMO. Refs seem to have him marked as a consistent cheat.
I doubt he'd want to step down to the Championship but I think he's definitely talented and a change of club would be good for him and us.

brog
21-07-2016, 09:44 AM
This exactly Fred. Their keeper wore green and the ref allowed it. Bloody scandal as we wiz robbed :greengrin

Eric was one of my favourites and when he won a pen he used to crouch down on the halfway line with his back to the play until the crowd confirmed Joe D had scored which he did much more often than not

John, IIRC we also made a bit of unfortunate history that night in that it was one of the 1st games to be decided on the away goals rule. Can't remember if we were 1st Scottish or British club to lose out in this manner.