PDA

View Full Version : Keatings

Highland_Hibee
10-07-2016, 10:12 PM
How long before we start appreciating this lad? Consistently makes the most of every chance he is given but is never given much thought as far as our best 11 is concerned. With it looking like Cummings and Holt up top this term I give it half a season before Keatings leaves us for someone like St Johnstone and continues to bang 'em in.

Scooter
10-07-2016, 10:14 PM
I agree I think he a very intelligent footballer who knows where the back of the net is. It's hard to argue withave Cummings goals. But I think Keatings in the better player

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-07-2016, 10:15 PM
I've got a lot of time for the boy, took his goal brilliantly today and will be good for about 15 goals this season, loads of potential still too.

ian cruise
10-07-2016, 10:20 PM
I think he'll get more of a chance to play alongside Cummings this season, Holt won't play every ninety minutes. Keatings always does himself proud and he'll be key to our success. Seems to be loving it here so I hope he's around to enjoy success with us for a while to come.

Hi Heid Yin
10-07-2016, 10:22 PM
I agree. Keatings is a great footballer.
I rate him highly and think he will go on to have a brilliant season if given a regular run in the side.

B.H.F.C
10-07-2016, 10:22 PM
How long before we start appreciating this lad? Consistently makes the most of every chance he is given but is never given much thought as far as our best 11 is concerned. With it looking like Cummings and Holt up top this term I give it half a season before Keatings leaves us for someone like St Johnstone and continues to bang 'em in.

Decent player. As you say it looks like we will go with Holt and Cummings, but it's up to him to score consistently when he gets in to the team. If he could score the same number of goals as last year, but spread them out a bit that would be a good return. Get that he was played out of position at times last year, but I still don't think he contributed enough in a number of games.

What I would say about him is that he looks like he's come back in decent shape this year and looked pretty sharp from the two games I've seen him in.

Onceinawhile
10-07-2016, 10:33 PM
Every time foderingham makes the save from stokes at 90 + 1 & 1/2 I give him abuse for not reacting quicker and sticking away the rebound, despite knowing what happens from the corner.

I'd like to see him get more game time, but Holt and Cummings must be above him?

Highland_Hibee
10-07-2016, 10:35 PM
I agree I think he a very intelligent footballer who knows where the back of the net is. It's hard to argue with Cummings goals. But I think Keatings in the better player

I think you are right Keatings probably is the more skilled but Cummings just has that knack for being in the right place. I would probably still pick Cummings if all he was to do was rile up the opposition all afternoon. It's like my love for Deeks all over again :D

Dashing Bob S
10-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Keatings is great footballer. Might not be the instinctive penalty box predator that Cummings is, but an all-round better player and we should keep and value him.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-07-2016, 11:34 PM
At championship level, Keatings is a great player. Given the opportunity he can get 15 goals next season. Wi Jase getting 25, Holt 10 that's 50 goals straight away before including any others.

Got a feeling this will be the year we see hibs rip teams apart and score 4 or 5 in games a few times

500miles
10-07-2016, 11:36 PM
His goals to minutes ratio is very similar to Cummings, and he his assist rate is actually better. Considering he spent a period of time in midfield, that's impressive

He isn't as powerful or good at chasing defenders though, so you're more open for the full 90 minutes if he starts.

I personally think Keatings is the better footballer.

Skåne Hibs
11-07-2016, 06:37 AM
I like him too.
He a bit more direct than Cummings sometimes. Where Cummings sometimes drifts out to the touchline to pick up long passes, Keatings seems to stay more central and test the centre backs. I also like him because Cummings, Stokes and now Holt, seem to get picked before him and he doesn't moan about it, just puts away the chances he gets.

S4uzee
11-07-2016, 06:46 AM
A better finisher than Cummings IMO

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 06:59 AM
He has a lot to offer and think he can really vie for a starting place and contribute. He has something about him and important to us

chinaman
11-07-2016, 07:29 AM
And he's got a scottish cup winners medal

Weststandwanab
11-07-2016, 07:33 AM
As much as I love watching Cummings play, in my mind, Keatings is a far better player and that finish yesterday did nothing to make me doubt that statement.

HappyHanlon
11-07-2016, 07:35 AM
I like Keatings. A very passionate player (his own personal celebration when Gray scored was brilliant).

I do wonder if the Championships his level. Both Hamilton and the poppy robbers binned him upon securing top flight football.

Waxy
11-07-2016, 07:37 AM
Keatings is one we should be looking to keep i'd hope.

allezsauzee
11-07-2016, 07:38 AM
I like Keatings. A very passionate player (his own personal celebration when Gray scored was brilliant).

I do wonder if the Championships his level. Both Hamilton and the poppy robbers binned him upon securing top flight football.

I don't think Hamilton binned him, his contract ran out. I would imagine he'd be getting a good wage hike to sign for the charity thieves instead and they just made a mistake in letting him go.

easty
11-07-2016, 07:41 AM
Keatings is a decent enough player, he's not as good as Cummings though. Not at all.

The Leith Dutch
11-07-2016, 07:42 AM

Will be interesting to see. Not really been tried at SPL level (unless I'm misreading my extensive research aka his Wikipedia page :) ).
Worth noting that the poppy robbers also binned Cummings which shows what they know :)

Dunbar Hibee
11-07-2016, 07:58 AM
Keatings is a decent enough player, he's not as good as Cummings though. Not at all.

Agreed. Do like Keatings though.

Brightside
11-07-2016, 08:01 AM
At championship level, Keatings is a great player. Given the opportunity he can get 15 goals next season. Wi Jase getting 25, Holt 10 that's 50 goals straight away before including any others.

Got a feeling this will be the year we see hibs rip teams apart and score 4 or 5 in games a few times

In scotland there really is no difference between championship and "premier". He'll score plenty what ever league he is in here.

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 09:12 AM
In scotland there really is no difference between championship and "premier". He'll score plenty what ever league he is in here.

Agreed totally and utterly. In fact they could join the top two leagues and I think it would be a success.

Ritchie
11-07-2016, 10:42 AM
He'll get plenty game time this season with all the games we'll have...... Challenge Cup, League Cup, Scottish Cup, Championship............. & Europa League Group matches.

BSEJVT
11-07-2016, 02:01 PM
I really like Keatings, but I think many of the flaws that folk slate Jason for are also evident in his game.

I don't think his link up play is that much better and there are occasions when he isn't scoring that his contribution to the team is not any better either.

Both IMO could do well to learn from Holt or indeed to think back to what Anthony Stokes brought to the team.

Although Stokes didn't score nearly as many goals as I expected, his all round play and usefulness to the team had increased markedly in his time away from Hibs.

Both Keatings & Cummings especially are still young and if Lennon can develop their all round games half as well as he clearly did to Stokes we will have a pair of very useful forwards ( for as long as we can keep hold of them)