PDA

View Full Version : Sam Stanton

greenlex
10-07-2016, 06:47 PM
I know it was only a friendly and I know it was only 45 mins or so but I thought the laddie was excellent today. If he can give us that for the whole game every week he'd be one of the first names on the teamsheet. We certainly wouldnt miss Henderson with that sort of display. He was like a cross between Henderson and McGinn today. High praise indeed.

Jonnyboy
10-07-2016, 06:48 PM
I know it was only a friendly and I know it was only 45 mins or so but I thought the laddie was excellent today. If he can give us that for the whole game every week he'd be one of the first names on the teamsheet. We certainly wouldnt miss Henderson with that sort of display. He was like a cross between Henderson and McGinn today. High praise indeed.

He did very well :agree:

truehibernian
10-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Lennon clearly has belief in them judging by his comments this week - in Alex Harris' case it's exactly what he needs. It's there for them both to grab with both hands if they want it.

Billy Whizz
10-07-2016, 06:52 PM

I've always been a fan of Sam. Was thrown into a team on a huge downward spirall, probably hammered his confidence

NikGunnarsson
10-07-2016, 07:59 PM

Feel the same way... Think he could be the name to remember this season :agree:

J-C
10-07-2016, 08:13 PM
I think all the young lads did well when they came on, hard to believe how young the team was at the end and they were still so much better than Murderwell.

Big L
10-07-2016, 09:10 PM
I can't tell you how pleased I was to see him play so welL and to read that other fans think the same. I would like to see Sam, Harris and Danny Handling back to their best and play their part in the team this season, save us a few bob as well!

staunchhibby
10-07-2016, 09:27 PM
Have been an admirer of sam for a while.He is desperate to stay and play for Hibs.Has looked the part in all the pre season matches.

Hi Heid Yin
10-07-2016, 09:43 PM
It was great to see them do well, but the real challenge is to come - when they are thrust into and tested in competitive league games.
It is obviously good for their confidence to be offered an opportunity in these pre-season games, but only Neil Lennon will know if any of them are good enough to hold down a place in a title-winning first team - or even come off the bench.

Boyle89
10-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Thought Sam was our best player when we went down. Not saying much cause the rest of them were garbage but he had something about him. Chips in with a few goals as well. Hope he takes his chance this season.

Eyrie
10-07-2016, 10:20 PM
I was ready to give up on Stanton, Harris and Handling but if Lennon can get good performances out of them then I have no problem with them being part of the squad.

Brightside
10-07-2016, 10:38 PM
they are all pish. I read it on here.

staunchhibby
10-07-2016, 10:59 PM
You need to go to specsavers

Onceinawhile
10-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Scored the first goal for Hibs my son ever saw.

Has the surname Stanton.

Hope he makes it. Not convinced he will.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-07-2016, 11:44 PM
they are all pish. I read it on here.

😂😂

Dashing Bob S
10-07-2016, 11:51 PM
A fitness friendly is too early for 'Lenny' to see how good or bad they are. As far as Harris, Stanton and Handing go, if he fancies them, good on them all. If not, see you later. You can only have so many excuses for not setting the heather alight.

I think he'll look into their souls, and they will stare back into those steely eyes and close cropped ginger skull and will hear that low, ominous Belfast accept ask: 'are youse with us, boys?'

Their reaction will determine their future at Hibs.

Oh, that and footballing performance.

Forza Fred
11-07-2016, 02:27 AM
I think the only thing holding Stanton back was his physicality, or lack of it.

See how he goes this season.

I though the Crane laddie showed some excellent touches throughout his short appearance.