PDA

View Full Version : Squad

Posh Hibby
10-07-2016, 05:08 PM
Wasn't at the game today, but seems like a positive warm up for Brondby.

Based on that viewing, what additions (if any) do people think we need to the squad?

Is there any chance of virtanen being our no1? If Lennon is intent on playing with width do we need another out and out winger? Another defender maybe?

Thoughts?

:flag:

Franck Stanton
10-07-2016, 07:37 PM
too early to tell in all honesty. Ottso only played for about half-an-hour. Didn't have much to do, some bread & butter passbacks, catches from crosses bu, don't recall Motherwell forcing him into a save of any note. As for other positions, think we have cover for most positions, although would still like another scoring midfielder and pacy wide player. Just me being greedy I suppose. { In an ideal world, get Henderson, - even on loan, sign Commons and pacy winger]

Edit : Danny Carmichael MAY fill the " Pacy Winger" role

Hibs331875
10-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Wasn't at the game today, but seems like a positive warm up for Brondby.

Based on that viewing, what additions (if any) do people think we need to the squad?

Is there any chance of virtanen being our no1? If Lennon is intent on playing with width do we need another out and out winger? Another defender maybe?

Thoughts?

:flag:
Keeper and a left sided winger for me, Palmer wasn't tested so hard to say if he's the right man! Could do with a keeper with more experience.

NikGunnarsson
10-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Think we need a few more players for the season, Otso had nothing to do but looked a lot more confident than last time and was communicating with the defence all the time he was on. Think Carmichael will play a role this season and thought him and all the "fringe" players did very well

Highland_Hibee
10-07-2016, 11:13 PM
I don't wanna sound over confident but looking at our squad I really don't think we need much of anything. I think we have some youngsters worth drafting in as cover in our weaker areas.

We NEED to work out who our first choice keeper is and quick. Our first league games are Falkirk away and newly promoted Dunfermline at home so we need to hit the ground running.

My head says we need to sign a full back but my heart says how could we jeopardize the starting place of Stevenson or Gray.

We have great choices at centre back in Hanlon, Fontaine, McGregor and then Forster offering cover. We have all types of player in Midfield that I feel we can set up in many different ways. We now have Cummings, Keatings and Holt all looking strong enough to start up front and we have Insall who must be due a chance at some point.

I'd like to see us set out as

Cummings Holt

McGinn McGeough
Bartley
Stevenson Gray
Hanlon Fontaine McGregor

Virtanen

Unseen work
10-07-2016, 11:20 PM
Think we can expect a bigger role from

Boyle
Stanton
Carmichael
Harris
Martin
Crane

This season providing they keep they're current standard up , would like to see us add in a new right back for competition.

Also still think we could do with another striker.

Can't see insall being around too much longer, 3 first team games and he's not had a look.

HappyHanlon
11-07-2016, 07:40 AM
Wouldn't have any issues with Virtanen being No.1

Seems to be a misconception that he's untested and inexperienced.

He's played over 100 games in Finnish football which is probably on par (or slightly better than) with Scottish Championship level.

Brightside
11-07-2016, 08:03 AM
looks like the pawlett laddie from Aberdeen is coming on loan. 2 more to come. We may not bother with another keeper.

Brightside
11-07-2016, 08:04 AM
Think we can expect a bigger role from

Boyle
Stanton
Carmichael
Harris
Martin
Crane

This season providing they keep they're current standard up , would like to see us add in a new right back for competition.

Also still think we could do with another striker.

Can't see insall being around too much longer, 3 first team games and he's not had a look.

Dunmore can cover the RB slot....as can McGregor if needed.

Diclonius
11-07-2016, 08:37 AM
If we're signing Pawlett and Palmer then if we sign another striker (and Henderson?) then we're just about sorted.

Geo_1875
11-07-2016, 08:46 AM
looks like the pawlett laddie from Aberdeen is coming on loan. 2 more to come. We may not bother with another keeper.

Then he'll be the first player in a Hibs jersey that I've ever booed.

flash
11-07-2016, 08:50 AM
Then he'll be the first player in a Hibs jersey that I've ever booed.

At what point would you boo him?

Geo_1875
11-07-2016, 09:17 AM
At what point would you boo him?

Every time I see him. He's a horrible little cheat who shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch.

cabbageandribs1875
11-07-2016, 09:17 AM
diver boy pawlett eh :rolleyes:

berwickhibee
11-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Every time I see him. He's a horrible little cheat who shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch.

deary me:confused: as always once he signs for the glorious hibees he will receive my total backing, as will 99% of the fans. :thumbsup:

flash
11-07-2016, 09:34 AM

Hope your not sitting near me then.

Franck Stanton
11-07-2016, 12:28 PM
diver boy pawlett eh :rolleyes:

Diver ? Yes however.....it's not as though Jason doesn't go down very easily now is it ? Not as often or blatant as Pawlett admittedly but still does it [as a few yellow cards last season proved eh] Pawlett is fast, direct, scores/creats goals as well as winning penalties. Be a good signing imo.

Marco G
11-07-2016, 01:44 PM
Dont know if you watched the Euros or not, but I assume there would be a lot of the stars there you would put in the same class. When folk are trying to kick you off the park then getting a pen if they are stupid enough to try it in the box seems fair enough to me. Pawlett has always seemed a good skilful pacy player and has a lot of experience. If he signed I would be cheering him on.