PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather have played in the final, and won?

Navids Numpties
10-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Hi all, new on here, was wondering a while ago if Rangers never bet Celtic in the semi, would u rather have played Celtic or Rangers and why? Couldn't find a way to make it a poll aswell so admins if you can please change it to that! Thanks

MSK
10-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Hi all, new on here, was wondering a while ago if Rangers never bet Celtic in the semi, would u rather have played Celtic or Rangers and why? Couldn't find a way to make it a poll aswell so admins if you can please change it to that! ThanksNo, and its quite simple, If we had played celtic we wouldnt have had the superb Stokes and Henderson.

Keith_M
We beat The Big Huns in the Final and the Mini Huns on the way there to lay a 114 year hoodoo to rest.

How could it possibly have been any better than that?

Thegreenside
Rangers, purely because two of our best players would of been cup tied if we played Celtic

HibeeLR
10-07-2016, 04:45 PM
The Rangers as their reaction after the full time whistle was hilarious 😂😂😂

Callum7
10-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Rangers, they thought they could do it but they're not the same club.

gazzag70
10-07-2016, 04:49 PM
To win the cup after beating Hearts and then The Rangers;it doesn't get much better!

weecounty hibby
10-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Rangers. I had been waiting since 1979 to beat those lowlifes in a cup final. To be the Scottish cup and scoring the winner in injury time after bring a goal down with ten to go made it the perfect day. The pitch invasion too was nothing compared to the scenes at the 79 final where Hibs fans were kicked up and down the place and no Hibs busses made it back without smashed windows
After losing to Celtic too often it would be good to beat them next year!!

Highland_Hibee
10-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Ohh no our route to the Cup win could not have been any sweeter. Before the Old Firm semi final I said I would rather play Rangers as I felt we had more chance of getting the better of their defensive frailties.

erin go bragh
10-07-2016, 04:56 PM
From losing 0-2 at that PBS with 10 mins to go , then losing 2-1 against the Orcs with under 11 mins to go in the final , then scoring the winner in the 92nd min . I wouldn't swap any of that EVER .( be nice to beat Celtic in next years final tho :)

CallumHibs07
10-07-2016, 04:59 PM
the huns all day long

Eyrie
10-07-2016, 05:12 PM
We beat The Big Huns in the Final and the Mini Huns on the way there to lay a 114 year hoodoo to rest.

How could it possibly have been any better than that?

Beating Celtc in the semi would have been the icing on the cake.

But after due consideration I'll just have to settle for winning it the way that we did against the teams that we did play. It's tough but I'll cope with the knowledge that we're the Scottish Cup holders.

Scott Allan Key
10-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Beating Hearts in a replay, at a packed ER after being 2-0 down at Tynie with a last minute equaliser; with Cummings the bogeyman turning the screw yet again into his boyhood heroes. Unforgettable. Hibs players have been sanctified for less. It doesn't matter too much about who we beat in the final to end 114 years, but without condoning the pitch invasion, what it did do was given Hearts capitulation and contribution to our ending our cup hoodoo, was completely steal their thunder. We are on the ascendency and they have no songs and blame themselves in their delusion for our victory. Hilarious.

CraigHibee
10-07-2016, 05:33 PM
No, and its quite simple, If we had played celtic we wouldnt have had the superb Stokes and Henderson.

this was the reason for me as well, i knew had we got celtic we would miss these 2, little did we know at the time just how MUCH we would have missed them!

CallumLaidlaw
10-07-2016, 10:27 PM
I had a bit of a losers attitude after the semi if I'm honest. I said I wanted Celtic because I'd rather lose to them. I couldn't handle losing to the Huns. But if we WERE to beat someone id rather it was Rangers. My son said then let's play Rangers!!

WoreTheGreen
10-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Perfect day never change anything

Hibs Class
11-07-2016, 01:23 AM
Nothing could have made the final better than it actually was.

Forza Fred
11-07-2016, 02:12 AM
I don't care if we beat Pumpherston in the final...just as long as we won it.....it couldn't have been any sweeter than it was.

WeWON it...don't care who lost it.

AZhibee
11-07-2016, 03:17 AM
No other way. Beating the ones I hate the most in dramatic fashion, in injury time. Allowing them to think they would win was superb.

Bostonhibby
11-07-2016, 07:01 AM
The rangers or the now defunct Glasgow rangers, either monstrous version was acceptable on the day.

ALF TUPPER
11-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Our SC campaign was perfect. No easy ties all the way through, doin the jambos and zombies in the final with an injury time cracker from a set piece. I couldn't have scripted it better.

What a day 👍🏆

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 09:10 AM
More than happy with the way it turned out

Sir David Gray
11-07-2016, 07:10 PM
I wouldn't change anything about what happened on 21st May 2016.

It was perfect in every way imaginable.

Nutmegged
11-07-2016, 07:45 PM
I'm utterly biased but our run was the greatest Scottish Cup run in history, I'd not change a single thing.

Waxy
11-07-2016, 07:48 PM
The greatest Scottish cup win ever. If youd written it yourself folks would laugh it off as fantasy.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Would I change anything about winning one of the most dramatic Scottish Cup Final's in recent history? To end a "curse" that has tormented us and many generations for many a year and one which the lovely media like to remind us of every single year?

Absolutely not. To every single rangers fan/jambo and "journalist" looking in.... Get. It. Right. F*****g. Up. You 💚💚💚