PDA

View Full Version : Seagulls

Slim Shady
10-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Today was like a scene from Alfred Hitchcocks Birds.

Several were shat on in the West Lower, they were dive bombing for chips as well. Get it sorted Petrie 😡

Enough said
10-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Was brutal today need to get this sorted asap

saltandsauce
10-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Was brutal today need to get this sorted asap

Not at the game today but no issues toward end of last season

WoreTheGreen
10-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Does the polis have photo's of them i think i reconise number 32

Slim Shady
10-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Some say it's good luck but try telling that to the lad that got shat on twice in the first 15 mins 😂

Waxy
10-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Seagulls seem to be a problem July/ August. Then they kinda go away after that.

Teo10
10-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Got me a belter on the arm of my jacket.. Downside to getting in on a child's ticket today :greengrin

Denverhibby
10-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Must be the cheap grass seed.

HibbyKeith
10-07-2016, 05:02 PM
That was probably the most I've seen today, was close to being bombed by the largest bird **** I've ever seen while sitting in the east.

There has got to be something the club can do to stop this, I noticed when in Universal Studios Orlando last year that they have small rotating mirrors on the building roofs to act as a deterrent, similar to this (http://www.birdstoppers.com/flock-reflector)

Unsure if that would be viable at easter road as the majority of the birds are all below the height of the roof, worth a shot though.

If not then complimentary bird **** poncho when entering the turnstiles is the only other option. :greengrin

hailhail22
10-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Did Easter road not used to have plastic Hawks or something similar on top of the stands to keep them away ? I moved to the FF upper second half incase I got sh*t on

staunchhibby
10-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Today was the worst i have seen the seagulls

Time For Heroes
10-07-2016, 05:06 PM
"When seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea,"

TheMentalHibees
10-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Bombed me outside my flat a couple weeks ago, now they want to invade the holy ground too? I hate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim Shady
10-07-2016, 05:11 PM
https://youtu.be/DXqFp016c1I

11mins 5 sec. This is what we need.

Northernhibee
10-07-2016, 05:14 PM
They were only trying to defend the poor Sevco players.

J-C
10-07-2016, 05:52 PM
They were flying right inside the east stand, some were even gallus enough enough to attempt to snatch food out of kids hands.

emerald green
10-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Seagulls seem to be a problem July/ August. Then they kinda go away after that.

I sat watching a seagull dive bombing a collie dog in the park the other day. The dog seemed to be minding it's own business, and I couldn't see why the seagull seemed to think the dog was some kind of a threat. :dunno:

Pete
10-07-2016, 06:22 PM
I sat watching a seagull dive bombing a collie dog in the park the other day. The dog seemed to be minding it's own business, and I couldn't see why the seagull seemed to think the dog was some kind of a threat. :dunno:

I think it's nesting season and they see everyone as a threat, especially if a Chick has fallen onto the ground.

They're going mad trying to get food too, as you can probably guess by all the burst bin bags in town. It's getting worse and worse and needs to be stopped somehow.

lyonhibs
10-07-2016, 06:40 PM
It was quite incredible, and borderline intimidating. They're absolute beasts.

At times I genuinely had problems following what was going on on the pitch due to the seagull vortex.

emerald green
10-07-2016, 06:48 PM
I think it's nesting season and they see everyone as a threat, especially if a Chick has fallen onto the ground.

They're going mad trying to get food too, as you can probably guess by all the burst bin bags in town. It's getting worse and worse and needs to be stopped somehow.

That could be it right enough.

I agree with your second point too. Aside from burst bin bags, why do some folk think it's OK to dump their litter all over the place? It really pisses me off. It's lazy and ignorant. Just put it in a bin, or take your rubbish home and dispose of it correctly. It's not difficult.

I wonder what visitors to our city must think of the rubbish in the streets, parks, beaches. Everywhere.

Rant over.

greenlex
10-07-2016, 06:55 PM
That could be it right enough.

I agree with your second point too. Aside from burst bin bags, why do some folk think it's OK to dump their litter all over the place? It really pisses me off. It's lazy and ignorant. Just put it in a bin, or take your rubbish home and dispose of it correctly. It's not difficult.

I wonder what visitors to our city must think of the rubbish in the streets, parks, beaches. Everywhere.

Rant over.
That is absolutely spot on. Today was tame as they were just scrapping for food but if the fledgling young are out the nest they are absolute mental beasts.

Biggie
10-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Does the polis have photo's of them i think i reconise number 32

:top marks

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-07-2016, 07:15 PM
So now we are complaining about wingers?

Billychaotic182
10-07-2016, 07:23 PM
They have nothing on the ones in Aberdeen. They are monsters

WoreTheGreen
10-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Polis right on top of it taken very seriously
They have transfered to the flying squad

stokesmessiah
10-07-2016, 07:47 PM
They have nothing on the ones in Aberdeen. They are monsters

I 2nd that. Hate them at this time of year!

Galahibby
10-07-2016, 07:52 PM
They were freaking he hell out of me. Same at Meadowbank on Thursday. I'll be wearing a cagoule from now on :wink:

Booked4Being-Ugly
10-07-2016, 07:52 PM
Doesn't help when people are feeding them chips, pizzas etc.

theonlywayisup
10-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Two things:

The seagulls hide when there's a big crowd
If you put your left over food and packaging into the bins after eating then there will be no scraps for them

Could we not train them to dive bomb the away fans!!!

Hibs331875
10-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Leeann needs to get on the phone to rentokil

iwasthere1972
10-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Today was the worst i have seen the seagulls

The worst I've seen was a few years ago at Easter Road when Calderwood was the manager. End of season match against Aberdeen. It was pure mental that day.

Scouse Hibee
10-07-2016, 08:15 PM
We need to play Brighton in a friendly.

Finn2015
10-07-2016, 08:32 PM
Had a narrow escape. One of them dropped one on the fella in front of me.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-07-2016, 10:49 PM
Two things:

The seagulls hide when there's a big crowd
If you put your left over food and packaging into the bins after eating then there will be no scraps for them

Could we not train them to dive bomb the away fans!!!

Now we're talking! Start lobbing bits of pizza into the away teams goals.......

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Seagulls are nesting on the chimneys on my tenement roof, they dive bomb everyone that gets within about 50yds of the stair, bassas!

Bishop Hibee
10-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Big colony in the Restalrig area. They will disappear once the fledglings have flown the nest. Until then......

Dashing Bob S
10-07-2016, 11:39 PM
Must we once again critique our avian comrades for our own folly as a species? The common or garden 'seagull' now consists of a meagre 42% population of coastal inhabitants, eking out their existence through scavenging on the water.

The majority now exist as an inland bird, surviving on the waste of mankind.

Castigate not those noble beasts for the sloppiness and indolence of the human race. Their inland numbers correlate perfectly with the rise in human obesity and cancers.

They are not the villains, only the opportunists who have made the best out of a bad situation.

Far from oppressing those gliding wonders, let us strive to attract them to Easter Road in even greater numbers, and make our stadium the most ornithologically friendly in Europe.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 11:46 PM
Must we once again critique our avian comrades for our own folly as a species? The common or garden 'seagull' now consists of a meagre 42% population of coastal inhabitants, eking out their existence through scavenging on the water.

Castigate not those noble beasts for the sloppiness and indolence of the human race. Their inland numbers correlate perfectly with the rise in human obesity and cancers.

They are not the villains, only the opportunists who have made the best out of a bad situation.

Far from oppressing those gliding wonders, let us strive to attract them to Easter Road in even greater numbers, and make our stadium the most ornithologically friendly in Europe.

:agree:

This and the sound quality on the tannoy are the only real issues our club faces.

Dashing Bob S
10-07-2016, 11:53 PM
:agree:

This and the sound quality on the tannoy are the only real issues our club faces.

DON'T

get me started on that.

Mibbes Aye
11-07-2016, 12:14 AM
DON'T

get me started on that.

Leave it mate, leave it, we've all had a good night, c'mon :agree:

(You take the sound engineer, I'll take the boy on the mike)

Forza Fred
11-07-2016, 12:35 AM
They were clearly evident on Hibs tv in the Motherwell broadcast.

Think they flapped more than our tria ist goalie early on ....:wink:

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2016, 01:11 AM
Leave it mate, leave it, we've all had a good night, c'mon :agree:

(You take the sound engineer, I'll take the boy on the mike)

The sound engineer dies. He stabbed my brother. He ****ged my bird.

Ergye
11-07-2016, 01:21 AM
If we are not gonna offer Conrad a playing contract we ought to utilise his other skills and have him intimidate the seagulls in to submission and then subsequent relocation. He can stand on top of the East like a polar bear King Kong screaming at them and twatting them out the way. He may also get to eat any that he can catch (which will be 2 out of every 4 that come bombing at him - HALF!), to save Rod a wage packet.

Forza Fred
11-07-2016, 02:21 AM
If we are not gonna offer Conrad a playing contract we ought to utilise his other skills and have him intimidate the seagulls in to submission and then subsequent relocation. He can stand on top of the East like a polar bear King Kong screaming at them and twatting them out the way. He may also get to eat any that he can catch (which will be 2 out of every 4 that come bombing at him - HALF!), to save Rod a wage packet.

Never liked seagulls since they strategically stole my very expensive fish and chips in Circular Quay one lunch time.

I think they mistook me for a tourist.

Real tourists were gonna call the RSPCA when I was in the middle of them kicking out like Falkirk!

Seagulls, along with tourists, ended up laughing at me, no doubt thinking I was a demented vagrant.

Dinnae get me started on the Galahs, Parrots and peewees that are currently eating my front lawn either....

Hibby Riki
11-07-2016, 06:36 AM
Get the Hawks back!!!

Pretty sure the club hired someone to fly Hawks a couple of times a week at ER last season

Riki

Big90inOz
11-07-2016, 06:43 AM
My Hibs TV picture last night wasn't the sharpest, god knows how many times I thought the ball was going one way when it turned out to be a seagull............. at one point I thought how the hell did he get the ball to swerve in mid air like that............... bloody seagulls

Jack
11-07-2016, 07:07 AM
Two foxes were eating a seagull on Easter Road late last night. They seemed to like them ... Yum yum!

Seagulls overhead were a bit noisy losing their pal.

Mon the foxes!

Waxy
11-07-2016, 07:11 AM
If they didn't pay to get in the should be ejected.

ALF TUPPER
11-07-2016, 07:18 AM

😂 I wondered where this was going slim. That's the answer - a big geezer with a sawn-off.

Shoooooot !

HappyHanlon
11-07-2016, 07:20 AM
Get some bread and soak it in Bicarbonate of soda.

Maybe do it when there's no a match on or it could be messy!

The_Horde
11-07-2016, 07:24 AM
Happens every first home pre season friendly. They'll be gone by the next home game (when there's more fans there)

drumatic44
11-07-2016, 07:47 AM
[Where's Eddie the Eagle when you need him !!
QUOTE=DexterStJock;4756643]Happens every first home pre season friendly. They'll be gone by the next home game (when there's more fans there)[/QUOTE]

cabbageandribs1875
11-07-2016, 08:02 AM
it's a pity the law has just changed which now makes it illegal to have an air gun/rifle without a licence, they could have issued guns at the turnstiles and we could have taken care of the damn seagulls ourselves

*note, no seagulls were hurt during the typing of this post

NAE NOOKIE
11-07-2016, 09:58 AM
The Seagulls were just mental yesterday, they are very distracting ... IMO its our own fault for no having a retractable roof, get it sorted Petrie :grr:

The guy who mentioned the PA system is bang on, we were a 3rd of the way up the East and couldn't hear a bloody thing ... don't know what the problem is, but its something that needs sorted out.

Paloschi
11-07-2016, 10:16 AM

That is absolutely disgusting. A living soul being shot dead like that. Seagull or not.

That guy needs to go to a psychiatric ward since he loves shooting animals so much. Pr1ck.

Ergye
11-07-2016, 11:09 AM
That is absolutely disgusting. A living soul being shot dead like that. Seagull or not.

That guy needs to go to a psychiatric ward since he loves shooting animals so much. Pr1ck.

Correct

MyJo
11-07-2016, 12:50 PM
I wonder if hearts have this problem and they are counting the seagulls in thier attendance figures each week?

Keith_M
11-07-2016, 01:29 PM
That's what happens when you invite Tippi Hedren to the game.

James70
11-07-2016, 02:55 PM
Didn't realise Flock of Seagulls were still together, did they play any of their hits?

WoreTheGreen
11-07-2016, 03:16 PM
I wonder if hearts have this problem and they are counting the seagulls in thier attendance figures each week?

They don't fly over TPBS simply they can't fly with one wing over the beek to cover the smell

GreenCastle
11-07-2016, 04:16 PM
I was awaiting this thread..

Every season it seems a major issue at the start of the season and let's be honest they are pretty much flying rats.

Maybe that's why the attendance was so low ? Fans scared to come out and be shat on ?

Anyway..expect a repeat Thursday night and for the next 2 months !!

Scouse Hibee
11-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Flying vermin shoot them all.

banarc7062
11-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Flying vermin shoot them all.

That's what they do at Edinburgh Airport. Guy has a Shotgun and does his thing. Says he shot down over 1000 last year. Leanne get his number in case he is free on game days/nights.

Keith_M
11-07-2016, 04:36 PM

You obviously didn't grow up in the countryside.

Farmers used to pay my uncle and his mates to shoot wood pigeons and other 'vermin'.

Pete
11-07-2016, 04:54 PM
Two foxes were eating a seagull on Easter Road late last night. They seemed to like them ... Yum yum!

Mon the foxes!

When it comes to bursting open bin bags and making a mess, foxes are just as bad. They might not cause havoc at ER but they are in the same category: we need to get rid of them from our cities.

There has to be a happy medium between doing nothing and shooting them. I don't know about the bigger picture but maybe some sort of deterrent needs to be reintroduced at the holy ground. A hawk or something.

Scott Allan Key
11-07-2016, 05:16 PM
When it comes to bursting open bin bags and making a mess, foxes are just as bad. They might not cause havoc at ER but they are in the same category: we need to get rid of them from our cities.

There has to be a happy medium between doing nothing and shooting them. I don't know about the bigger picture but maybe some sort of deterrent needs to be reintroduced at the holy ground. A hawk or something.

What utter rot. I feel I've stumbled upon a selection of the Countryside Aliiance or Leadsom for Leader Tory MP's. The simple fact is, that unless we keep our own waste down and tidy up after ourselves, there will always be animals doing the necessary job in cleaning up after us. Which kind of makes us the health risk.

I agree that we need to get rid but their are humane and legal methods that doesn't need to involve frothing at the mouth (that's us).

Pete
11-07-2016, 05:23 PM
What utter rot. I feel I've stumbled upon a selection of the Countryside Aliiance or Leadsom for Leader Tory MP's. The simple fact is, that unless we keep our own waste down and tidy up after ourselves, there will always be animals doing the necessary job in cleaning up after us. Which kind of makes us the health risk.

I agree that we need to get rid but their are humane and legal methods that doesn't need to involve frothing at the mouth (that's us).

You're basically agreeing with me so what part is "utter rot"?

The only person that's foaming at the mouth appears to be yourself.

Thecat23
11-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Catch, shoot, scare don't care. But Hibs have a problem here fans don't want to sit and be shat on or fear they will be swooped down on for holding a bag of chips.

Yesterday was the worst I've seen it and it was getting on my tits.

Scouse Hibee
11-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Catch, shoot, scare don't care. But Hibs have a problem here fans don't want to sit and be shat on or fear they will be swooped down on for holding a bag of chips.

When the cat can't cope we really do have problems :-)

Smartie
11-07-2016, 05:28 PM

Mon the foxes!

Leicester 1 Brighton 0.

Fisherrow Harp
11-07-2016, 05:33 PM

Spot on Sir! Apparently the clean air act didn't help either as they have moved in land to take advantage of landfill sites and of course urban areas present innumerable opportunities for them as you have rightly pointed out Bob. They are over all in decline, though granted it may not seem like that at times. As has been said they will go for anybody or anything that they deem a threat to their young ( seems perfectly reasonable to me). They are a constant threat around here at this time of year as I stay about 2 minutes walk from the beach at Fisherrow, I have often been dive bombed like a Stuka by them through my life and at least one person you know or hear of has had a sore one. The funnest thing about the whole situation is when you see someone that is trying to act like he or she doesn't care about the imminent threat from one of these Pterodactylguls, this usually changes rapidly as they empty their considerable load of poop upon their victim, it's a defensive mechanism they usually throw up as well. The are not actually "Seagulls" as they are not sea birds, just Gulls, they are usually Yellow legged, Herring or Lesser black tailed gulls around here.
PS.I have just realised that this is probably my longest post and it's about Gulls on a football forum, says more about my knowledge of football than it does of my knowledge of Gulls!:thumbsup:

GreenCastle
11-07-2016, 05:45 PM

Get rid of the gulls and fix the speakers in the East please Hibs :grr::take that

BSEJVT
11-07-2016, 06:30 PM
It really was a bit of a surreal experience with so many flying about and flying so low as well.

I wouldn't go as far as saying I was scared but it was certainly intimidating and I can see why some people would be uncomfortable.

Thecat23
11-07-2016, 06:30 PM

😂👍🏼

HibbyKeith
11-07-2016, 06:43 PM

:tee hee:

Ergye
11-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Personally, and I am sure I speak for the rest of you stylish Hibs fans too, I am well used to birds swarming all over me. I call it just another day in paradise. 😆

Scott Allan Key
11-07-2016, 07:15 PM
Personally, and I am sure I speak for the rest of you stylish Hibs fans too, I am well used to birds swarming all over me. I call it just another day in paradise. 😆

The birds and the Hibees. And even foxes.

Scott Allan Key
11-07-2016, 07:17 PM
You're basically agreeing with me so what part is "utter rot"?

The only person that's foaming at the mouth appears to be yourself.

No, only agreeing with other fans regarding the immediate vicinity. I'm all for wildlife in the city, as long as we remember our duty of care so it doesn't get out of hand.