10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Well done Andy! Another hibsing!

GreenCastle
10-07-2016, 04:07 PM
2016 - Hibs win cup and Murray wins Wimbledon - Hibsed it

Amazing !!

Famous Fiver
10-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Did it even with 400,000 shouting for the Canadian!!

GreenLake
10-07-2016, 04:15 PM
How did the crowd manage to celebrate without invading the court?

OsloHibs
10-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Well done Andy!

Keith_M
10-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Who was the last Club to win the Scottish Cup and Wimbledon in the same year?

:greengrin

number9dream
10-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Legend! Loved Lendl kidding on he had something in his eye... 3 Slams for a Scotsman and hopefully a few more to come.

KSA Hibee
10-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Fingers crossed Andy fancies a night at the corn exchange with the Hibs legend .. What a photo that would be .. Scottish cup next to the Wimbledon trophy ... Oh and with green ribbons please 🙏🙏🙏

Albanian Hibs
10-07-2016, 04:33 PM
What a year 2016 has been for us Hibees 🏆⚽🏆🎾

gazzag70
10-07-2016, 04:34 PM
What a year 2016 is turning out to be. For once it is great to be a Hibby!!

Hi Heid Yin
10-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Brilliant stuff from one of our own Hibby's. Well done Andy Murray!!

Northern Hibby
10-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Stevenson/Murray double trophy winners ;-)

brog
10-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Just magnificent, well done Andy!!!

CmoantheHibs
10-07-2016, 04:42 PM

Amazing !!

Gary Anderson winning the world championship too

Famous Fiver
10-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Andy's win appears to have gone completely unnoticed on the other side of the city?

Surely at least one of the kickbackers would have noticed.

Too busy robbing charities methinks.

ALF TUPPER
10-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Pitch invasion before the trophy presentation at Wimbers !! What what what !! 😋

Hibs fans again. All assaulted the opposition player. Shocking..... Petrie !!

ian cruise
10-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Fingers crossed Andy fancies a night at the corn exchange with the Hibs legend .. What a photo that would be .. Scottish cup next to the Wimbledon trophy ... Oh and with green ribbons please 🙏🙏🙏

He'd have to ask the LTA nicely to borrow it. Winners don't keep the original any longer, they get a smaller sized replica.

AlbertK86
10-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Fingers crossed Andy fancies a night at the corn exchange with the Hibs legend .. What a photo that would be .. Scottish cup next to the Wimbledon trophy ... Oh and with green ribbons please dde4fdde4fdde4f

Sure some computer whizz kid will have photoshopped him in a Hibs top holding the Scottish cup in one hand and the Wimbledon trophy in the other

Would be great sport to noise up the yams

G B Young
10-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Andy was magnificent and played great all the way through the tournament. Thoroughly deserved. Pity Hibs had a friendly arranged for the same afternoon as the tennis will have kept a lot of fans at home but I guess the club couldn't have known he'd be in the final when they arranged the game.

Hibby Gav
10-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Well done son !! GGTTH 

What a year !.....well done Andy !

ggtth

emerald green
10-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Wimbledon champion twice, US Open champion, Davis Cup winner, Olympic gold medal winner. Eleven grand slam finals, beating Fred Perry's record of ten.

Andy must now be considered one of Britain's greatest ever sportsmen.

7Hero
10-07-2016, 06:15 PM
Wimbledon champion twice, US Open champion, Davis Cup winner, Olympic gold medal winner. Eleven grand slam finals, beating Fred Perry's record of ten.

Id class him as the greatest ever british sportsman definitely.

emerald green
10-07-2016, 06:17 PM

I think a lot of people would agree with you. :aok:

McD
10-07-2016, 06:18 PM

I said this elsewhere, I agree, the only other who I could think of on a similar level was Chris Hoy.

livi hibs 1875
10-07-2016, 06:19 PM
it's not bad enough that hibs fans batter every rankers player at the cup final . then you come back on .net and you find that you take time out to start a good luck Andy Murray thread only to find that I've had my own thread has been stolen by this thread shocking appalling...........

gogsy23
10-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Well done andy.

Onion
10-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Greatest tennis player Britain has ever produced, by a distance. What a year 2016 has turned out for Andy :flag:

DaveF
10-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Without doubt the best individual sportsmen we have produced. He is immense.

Biggie
10-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Fantastic achievement.....the boy kept firing these 140+ mph serves and they kept coming back....he must have thought wtf ?!
Outstanding performance......in the words of sir Alex, very proud, very very proud

Billy McKirdy
10-07-2016, 06:59 PM
I said this elsewhere, I agree, the only other who I could think of on a similar level was Chris Hoy.

Chris Who?:confused: :rolleyes::greengrin

Keith_M
10-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Without doubt the best individual sportsmen we have produced. He is immense.

Better than Jocky Wilson? Seriously?

Zazu62
10-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Would like it if he mentioned hibs in his interview after he won it like .. Something like hibs won the Scottish cup now I've won Wimbledon .. That would be cool

jabis
10-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Well done Andy,I see him as an attacking midfielder,sort of matty jack role😁

Highland_Hibee
10-07-2016, 07:30 PM

What trumps it for me is Chris Hoy participates in a minority sport. They are both equally outstanding Brittish athletes but for me Murray overcomes much more difficult odds to be at the top of his sport.

Galahibby
10-07-2016, 07:47 PM
And Andy very thoughtfully wrapped up the first set before the game started, the second at half time, and kept the third til the boys were finished their demolition of Motherwell.

Galahibby
10-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Greatest tennis player Britain has ever produced, by a distance. What a year 2016 has turned out for Andy :flag:

Pretty ***** for everything else, but great when you're a Hibby :aok:

Callyballybe
10-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Absolutely brilliant Andy, congratulations! Massive achievement. Made a country proud.

Hibs class.

PapillonVert
10-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Is 2016 the first time ever that Hibs have won the Scottish Cup and a Hibby has won Wimbledon?

Odds on it happening again?

:flag::flag:

Finn2015
10-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Absolutely outstanding. 3 grand slams now and hopefully more to come

Dibben
10-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Ended up watching the end of the game on the Famous Five concourse.

Some hilarity when a steward told us (at about 1 - 0 in the 3rd set tie break) that we'd all have to leave...

ian cruise
10-07-2016, 08:47 PM

It's hard to compare sportsmen/women from different disciplines. If we're including Hoy I'd say Cavendish deserves a look in too. His Road cycling achievements, especially at the tour de France, are pretty much unrivalled. Steve Redgrave the rower has to be in with the conversation too.

eastterrace
10-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Surely he will be knighted as if boomtown rat Bob geldof has a knighthood then Andy will surely get one as well

LancsHibs
10-07-2016, 09:04 PM

In 70 years time everyone will be wearing Murray polo shirts😎 Fantastic achievement Andy, pure class

Scorrie
10-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Surely he will be knighted as if boomtown rat Bob geldof has a knighthood then Andy will surely get one as well

I think I'd prefer it if he didn't get knighted. I'm not a big fan of the "honours" list to be honest...

offshorehibby
10-07-2016, 09:10 PM

YehButNoBut
10-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Would like it if he mentioned hibs in his interview after he won it like .. Something like hibs won the Scottish cup now I've won Wimbledon .. That would be cool

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13606950_1217258701620139_2524099667658960020_n.jp g?oh=9467d65e5378bd137c01dabff3a2fceb&oe=57F2E7C2

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Andy was magnificent and played great all the way through the tournament. Thoroughly deserved. Pity Hibs had a friendly arranged for the same afternoon as the tennis will have kept a lot of fans at home but I guess the club couldn't have known he'd be in the final when they arranged the game.

I'd be interested to know the numbers that decided to stay at home to watch Murray rather than go to the game. I'm still delighted for him though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Ended up watching the end of the game on the Famous Five concourse.

Some hilarity when a steward told us (at about 1 - 0 in the 3rd set tie break) that we'd all have to leave...

I was there too, if he had turned the telly off there would've been more Hibs arrests than there have been for Hampden so far! :-)

mjhibby
11-07-2016, 04:58 AM
Fantastic achievement.....the boy kept firing these 140+ mph serves and they kept coming back....he must have thought wtf ?!
Outstanding performance......in the words of sir Alex, very proud, very very proud

Just a superb tournament by Andy. He was on a different planet to everybody else. Must be one of the best ever. Just pop-up to Easter road with the trophy so we can get the magical photo of you beside the Scottish cup with your trophy. Who would have believed hibs winning the Scottish cup and a big hibby wins Wimbledon. Heady days.

Phil MaGlass
11-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Absolutely hate tennis, but, well done Andy.

erin go bragh
11-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Am I the only one who wanted Murray to be down 2-1 , then stage a late comeback and win 3-2 🇳🇬🏆🏆

BonnieFitbaTeam
11-07-2016, 02:41 PM

Amazing !!

2016 - Hibs win Davis Cup, Scottish Cup and Wimbledon....no' bad !

Davis Cup: Andy Murray, Jamie Murray and captain Leon Smith*
Scottish Cup: Er.....Hibs.
Wimbledon: Andy Murray

*Craig Brown was on Sportsound on Sat pm and said he'd met Leon Smith at ER last season when Hibs papped Aberdeen out of the League Cup (my words :greengrin). I knew Leon Smith was Scottish but hadn't realised he was one of us.

JeMeSouviens
11-07-2016, 02:50 PM

*Craig Brown was on Sportsound on Sat pm and said he'd met Leon Smith at ER last season when Hibs papped Aberdeen out of the League Cup (my words :greengrin). I knew Leon Smith was Scottish but hadn't realised he was one of us.

Celtc fan. :rolleyes:

But got pally with Stubbsy after Andy Murray invited the Hibs squad to meet the Davis Cup team. Was "delighted" to see us end the cup drought.

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Am I the only one who wanted Murray to be down 2-1 , then stage a late comeback and win 3-2 🇳🇬🏆🏆

Haha would have been poetic mate

JeMeSouviens
11-07-2016, 02:51 PM

btw, Jamie (who seems the more active Hibby tbh) was Aussie Open doubles champ too. :aok:

G B Young
11-07-2016, 02:52 PM

Leon Smith's actually a Celtic fan but our game v the sheep coincided with the Davis Cup squad being in Glasgow and Jamie Murray invited him along to ER to watch the greater greens in action.

BonnieFitbaTeam
11-07-2016, 02:55 PM
Leon Smith's actually a Celtic fan but our game v the sheep coincided with the Davis Cup squad being in Glasgow and Jamie Murray invited him along to ER to watch the greater greens in action.

Feel free to give Craigie boy a call to put him straight in that case :rolleyes:

G B Young
11-07-2016, 02:55 PM
btw, Jamie (who seems the more active Hibby tbh) was Aussie Open doubles champ too. :aok:

Yes, Jamie's achievement reaching the world No 1 spot in doubles would be a big British sporting success story in itself if it wasn't for Andy's even more spectacular successes. A remarkable pair of brothers and all the sweeter that the family are Hibs fans.

TrinityHibs
11-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Celtc fan. :rolleyes:

But got pally with Stubbsy after Andy Murray invited the Hibs squad to meet the Davis Cup team. Was "delighted" to see us end the cup drought.

I thought it might have gone further back as Hibs used to train at Next Generation in Newhaven and Leon was also down there. I know some of the tennis coaches used to go to ER not sure if Leon was involved.

worcesterhibby
11-07-2016, 02:57 PM

I believe he is a Celtic Fan..was born in Glasgow and during the Rangers V Celtic Semi final, he tweeted "Yes!! when Celtic equalised

https://twitter.com/LeonSmith/status/721671460050247680

BonnieFitbaTeam
11-07-2016, 02:57 PM

Good point.

Now...Gordon Reid.....??

tartanhibee
11-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Good point.

Now...Gordon Reid.....??

Rangers fan

Magic hat tweeted about him going to ibrox yesterday.

G B Young
11-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Absolutely hate tennis, but, well done Andy.

What's to hate? It's actually a far more eventful game than football which can often be very dull (eg last night's dismal Euro 2016 final which I yawned my way through for about 10 minutes before switching off). And it's great to be able to watch a Scot who can compete with the world's best compared to our sorry excuse for a football team who can't even qualify for a very mediocre Euro championship.

GreenCastle
11-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Hibs should be on the phone to his agent inviting him to Easter Road for a pic with the Scottish Cup and Wimbledon trophy - would be a great shot !

jacomo
11-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Andy Murray is a terrific champion.

Delighted for him.

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Would love to see him parade the trophy at Easter road . Cmon Andy do this!

RoxburghHibs
11-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Hibs should be on the phone to his agent inviting him to Easter Road for a pic with the Scottish Cup and Wimbledon trophy - would be a great shot !

:top marks:flag:

SuperAllyMcleod
12-07-2016, 05:57 AM
What trumps it for me is Chris Hoy participates in a minority sport. They are both equally outstanding Brittish athletes but for me Murray overcomes much more difficult odds to be at the top of his sport.

Cycling is not a minority sport, particularly when you compare it to tennis in the UK.

Also, I'd say Bradley Wiggins comes closer to Murray than Hoy as he has been at the top of the sport on both the track and the road.

That said, Murray is definitely the best individual sportsman the UK has ever produced and I've been saying for years (particularly to anyone who doesn't rate his achievements) that we will miss him when he eventually packs up playing. UK tennis will be back in the doldrums as there is no real challenger coming up behind him.

Phil MaGlass
12-07-2016, 06:06 AM
What's to hate? It's actually a far more eventful game than football which can often be very dull (eg last night's dismal Euro 2016 final which I yawned my way through for about 10 minutes before switching off). And it's great to be able to watch a Scot who can compete with the world's best compared to our sorry excuse for a football team who can't even qualify for a very mediocre Euro championship.

watching folk hit ace after ace and close ups of toffs sipping champagne and eating strawberries and cream, isnt really my cup of tea, but everyone to their own thing. I still think its a great achievement though. as for the Euros, a right bore. I also dont think Scotland are boring for not reaching the Euros, one bad game and you dont qualify doesnt mean they are boring. Again, everyone to their own thing and thoughts.

GloryGlory
12-07-2016, 06:58 AM
we will miss him when he eventually packs up playing. UK tennis will be back in the doldrums as there is no real challenger coming up behind him.

Quite. The UK press will be turning cartwheels whenever some UK player ranked 395 in the world gets a wild card to Wimbledon and plays a high ranked player in the first round on Centre Court. If a UK player reaches the second round, the press and BBC will be screaming with joy about how great the achievement is!

G B Young
12-07-2016, 08:40 AM
Cycling is not a minority sport, particularly when you compare it to tennis in the UK.

Also, I'd say Bradley Wiggins comes closer to Murray than Hoy as he has been at the top of the sport on both the track and the road.

That said, Murray is definitely the best individual sportsman the UK has ever produced and I've been saying for years (particularly to anyone who doesn't rate his achievements) that we will miss him when he eventually packs up playing. UK tennis will be back in the doldrums as there is no real challenger coming up behind him.

I think where tennis trumps cycling (superb as Wiggins' and Hoy's achievements are) is that it involves greater all-round ability. Stamina, fitness and tactics are key to cycling whereas tennis involves similar incredible stamina (mental and physical), tactics and fitness levels but also requires terrific hand-eye co-ordination and exceptional footwork.

I certainly agree that Andy is Britain's greatest ever sportsman bar none.

Greencore
12-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Well done Andy, need to get him to ER!

southsider
12-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Or Lewis's dinner. Am sure we could squeeze him and his misses in. Gran can look after the bairn.

Mikey09
12-07-2016, 10:09 AM

Ive had the privilege of watching Murray train and play. He is a machine who would put most football players to shame with his effort, dedication and talent. He is so focused on winning it is quite something to watch. If anyone gets the opportunity to watch him play take it. The telly doesn't do it justice and you will be astounded at the speed they actually play at and how hard these guys hit the ball! How Murray could even get his racquet on big Raonic's serve never mind direct it back into play is beyond me. We're heading down to the O2 to watch him so really lookin forward to that.

snooky
12-07-2016, 10:22 AM

Get real - we'll no' be able to get into ER soon for all these bloody cups taking up space.