PDA

View Full Version : Crowd on Thursday

Pages : [1] 2

QMU-1875
10-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Looks like we are set for an embarassing turnout for what should be a huge game. Club have failed miserably marketing this game and with pricing. When you consider the failure that was the merchandising the club really has taken its eye off the ball since winning the cup...

3pm
10-07-2016, 12:24 PM
So the club are getting blamed? Can't agree with that one.

Unless you've been on the moon, you knew there was going to be a European game. We shouldn't have to 'market' the game.

Billychaotic182
10-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Well I'm going and can't wait 😄💚

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-07-2016, 12:29 PM
We have just over 10k season tickets right? this should be a minimum attendance then.

Callum7
10-07-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm going. I really don't see why people wouldn't want to go.

Golden Bear
10-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Personally let's say that the fixture has failed to spark much enthusiasm. I just hope it doesn't get in the way of our preparations for the new season.

The Captain....
10-07-2016, 12:31 PM
The general perception is Hibs are treating this as a glorified friendly, makes no odds to me I'll be there regardless but the irregular attenders maybe dont see us as taking the game seriously enough:dunno: and aren't willing to pay a premium price for the privilege.

Blaster
10-07-2016, 12:32 PM
We have just over 10k season tickets right? this should be a minimum attendance then.

Some folk like me are going on holiday

So there's 3 out of the st numbers who won't be there

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-07-2016, 12:33 PM
As has been said there's 10k season ticket holders. I've not got one (yet) and will be attending with a few folk in a similar position. Expect upwards of 15k

Hibs Class
10-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Some folk like me are going on holiday

So there's 3 out of the st numbers who won't be there

:agree: Lots of folk on hols, still only the second week of the school hols and the first fortnight in July is peak holiday time for Edinburgh.

we are hibs
10-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Looking at some people's attitude towards this game what's the point in even playing the game? It's a European game. They don't come around often. European nights used to be special at Easter road under the floodlights. It seems people don't care anymore.

O'Rourke3
10-07-2016, 12:45 PM
I am having to miss it because I'm working away all week. Technically I might just about make kick-off but will have been working in Thurso then driving back to Edinburgh. I'd hoped we were away first leg but not to be....

QMU-1875
10-07-2016, 12:47 PM
So the club are getting blamed? Can't agree with that one.

Unless you've been on the moon, you knew there was going to be a European game. We shouldn't have to 'market' the game.

They should be promoting the game as important which they have not. Looking at the amount of tickets been sold on the interactive map on the official website and I would be surprised if we have sold 6,000 tickets for it. Thats why they should market the game, lunacy to suggest that the club shouldn't promote our matches to the fans.

jdships
10-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Looks like we are set for an embarassing turnout for what should be a huge game. Club have failed miserably marketing this game and with pricing. When you consider the failure that was the merchandising the club really has taken its eye off the ball since winning the cup...

Stop and think for a minute
1st fortnight in July - " Edinburgh Trades "
I know of four ST holders who are on hgliday plus two of my neighbours who are " walk ups" also away !!
:rolleyes:

tamig
10-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Looking at some people's attitude towards this game what's the point in even playing the game? It's a European game. They don't come around often. European nights used to be special at Easter road under the floodlights. It seems people don't care anymore.

I think people are 100% focussed on promotion this season. We aren't in the top league so this European "adventure" - although a nice bonus - is an unnecessary distraction from our main objective. I'll be there and will be delighted if we get a decent result. I won't be greetin' if we don't though.

Just Alf
10-07-2016, 12:54 PM
I know of four ST holders who are on hgliday plus two of my neighbours who are " walk ups" also away !!
Im in that boat as well :-/

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

my left peg
10-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Five season ticket holders in my house......all on holiday !....attendance will reflect the time of year.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Since90+2
10-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Out of the 4 in our group who would normally go 2 of them are on holiday. I would imagine it will be similar for other groups of attendees.

Someone mentioned earlier we would be looking at 15k minimum but there is absolutely zero chance of that. If you look at the plan we have probably sold about 6000 at the moment and its only a few days away.

wookie70
10-07-2016, 01:00 PM
I'll be there but maybe the previous European misadventure is still in people's thoughts. It is our first competitive game since winning the Cup so hopefully we get a good crowd

gaz1875
10-07-2016, 01:01 PM

So we should't advertise the game because it's school holidays :rolleyes:

Aside from this Hibs should be going all out to win and not treating the game as a "Friendly". There is serious money to be made if we managed to the group stages. The possibilities this could do in the next transfer window could be the difference with getting promoted or not.

Since90+2
10-07-2016, 01:06 PM
I think we have to be realistic and say the chances of us making it to the group stages are very very slim. The fact we are unseeded means you could be drawn against some really big sides in every round.

Frazerbob
10-07-2016, 01:06 PM
I'll be there but not surprised if there's a poor crowd for what is essentially an Intertoto Cup match played with a squad that is far from ready for the season ahead. It baffles me that clubs like us don't take Europe seriously. We normally spend the entire season trying to qualify through the league then see it as a hurdle to qualifying for the following season.

Alfred E Newman
10-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Unfortunately the club seems to have lost some of the momentum from the cup win. Stubbs has gone and key players in the cup team have left, transfer activity is slow to say the least and media PR more or less non existent. Despite this we have still managed a big surge in season ticket sales though most will be looking towards the league campaign which is the main target.
Even so, I will be there on Thursday though like many others I will be pleasantly surprised if we are anywhere near the level required to compete in European ties against the likes of Brondby.

gaz1875
10-07-2016, 01:10 PM
I'll be there but not surprised if there's a poor crowd for what is essentially an Intertoto Cup match played with a squad that is far from ready for the season ahead. It baffles me that clubs like us don't take Europe seriously. We normally spend the entire season trying to qualify through the league then see it as a hurdle to qualifying for the following season.

Couldn't agree more, and it also gives us good competitive opposition, with the chance of attracting a good support before the season starts, as opposed to playing the likes of Motherwell.

B.H.F.C
10-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Unfortunately the club seems to have lost some of the momentum from the cup win. Stubbs has gone and key players in the cup team have left, transfer activity is slow to say the least and media PR more or less non existent. Despite this we have still managed a big surge in season ticket sales though most will be looking towards the league campaign which is the main target.
Even so, I will be there on Thursday though like many others I will be pleasantly surprised if we are anywhere near the level required to compete in European ties against the likes of Brondby.

I actually agree with what you say about the momentum being lost on the back of the cup win.

Bringing in Lennon was a real sign of intent, but since then things have went a bit quiet. We don't qualify for Europe that often, we should be making more noise about it IMO.

Iceman1875
10-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Missing it as heading to Troon for the open.

At Easter Road we play...

Viva_Palmeiras
10-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Marketing like good comedy is about.

Timing.

Brondby were only confirmed on Thursday, the club announced general ticketing info with Motherwell tickets on Friday.
There's a danger to too much noise - what's been key and keeping eye on the prize is getting ST numbers up.
Surely to a great extent -' like a cup final - Hibs first European tie in an eternity will kind of sell itself.

Whether your embarrassed by your club is up to you.

We don't have an abundance of resources (although you could say it's a balancing act) we've had a long season and folks take breaks - were really more of a small business rather than empire.

That said the merchandising has been a disappointment but much like the European match if you're wanting to buy SCF stuff and contribute to the club you'll bide a bit of time (albeit we could have hoovered up more impulse buys but we are where we are).

Alfred E Newman
10-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Maybe some of the advocates of Summer Fitba should read through this thread.

Keith_M
10-07-2016, 01:59 PM
In addtion to the time of year (during trades holidays), maybe Lennon's comments that about the game haven't helped.

It might be that if the manager isn't taking it seriously, then some of the Fans might think it's pointless going

:dunno:

If that genuinely is his opinion, that it's nothing more than a glorified friendly, I would have let ST holders in for half price...or even for free.

Since1875Hibs
10-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Most people buy on day for this type of game, I wouldn't worry.

Edson Arantes
10-07-2016, 02:49 PM
As has been said there's 10k season ticket holders. I've not got one (yet) and will be attending with a few folk in a similar position. Expect upwards of 15k

i think that is over generous.

11000 max.

ian cruise
10-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Hopefully today's result and general play will convince a few who weren't sure if they would go or not. We've not made any great number of signings but the team looks/sounds pretty settled and I'm quietly confident on Thursday we might just get something.

madabouthibs
10-07-2016, 05:12 PM
I'm a walk up, as is my laddie, and I've already been on holiday....... :boo hoo:
So yes, we're going............... but to be honest, I wouldn't have been too bothered if this one clashed with my hols. Mid-July is a ridiculous time for us to be starting competitively. Some of us still have hangovers FFS! :thumbsup:

hhibs
10-07-2016, 05:18 PM
I actually agree with what you say about the momentum being lost on the back of the cup win.

Bringing in Lennon was a real sign of intent, but since then things have went a bit quiet. We don't qualify for Europe that often, we should be making more noise about it IMO.

Agree momentum has indeed been lost.

Since90+2
10-07-2016, 05:25 PM
We have sold the second highest amount of season tickets in our history and won our last 2 matches with an aggregate score of 10-2.

I dont think too much momentum has been lost.

Highland_Hibee
10-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Season Ticket holder from Inverness. I ain't gonna be making an inexpensive trip for a match on a Thursday Evening with the carry on at Scotrail. It is all about the league for me.

SuperAllyMcleod
10-07-2016, 05:27 PM

You do know that season tickets aren't valid for this game.

(School) Holiday season will keep this below 10k I reckon.

CapitalGreen
10-07-2016, 05:27 PM

Not like you to post something negative.

Pete
10-07-2016, 05:39 PM
"Momentum has been lost" :rolleyes:

Lancs Harp
10-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Well I'm looking forward to it, driving up and straight back home after the game. It might be the only opportunity to see European competition at Easter Road for a few seasons so I'm not letting the occasion go by without attending. Cant wait personally.

As for marketing, every game should be an opportunity to market the club. In fact marketing the club should never stop.

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-07-2016, 05:59 PM
As has been said they'll be a lot of people on holiday, myself included. It's not as if Hibs fans were expecting to be in Europe when booking holidays 6 months ago.

Cardinal G
10-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Really surprised that so many think the crowd will be so low. Personally I can't wait to drive up on Thursday for the match,like other posters say it's European football and that's got to excite fans I would hope. Aye it's a tough draw but last season we defied the odds on countless occasions .

Onion
10-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Don't care how many turn up Thurs as long as Hibs do.

Will have been some Hibs fans who chose not to go to the Cup Final, fearing a Sevco win. Despite what they may say ... major fail !

Hibs331875
10-07-2016, 07:33 PM
I feel like the game today should have been free to season tickets, or £5 and £2, embarrassing turn out, despite all the factors(holidays, tennis etc) Does anyone have an attendance?

adhibs
10-07-2016, 07:47 PM
I feel like the game today should have been free to season tickets, or £5 and £2, embarrassing turn out, despite all the factors(holidays, tennis etc) Does anyone have an attendance?

Freindly attendences are hardly something to be embarrassed over. I dont know anyone who went, including plenty season ticket holders.

Hibs331875
10-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Freindly attendences are hardly something to be embarrassed over. I dont know anyone who went, including plenty season ticket holders.
We should keep low profile friendly matches away from ER, can't be worth it to pay for stewarding and catering in all stands

Carheenlea
10-07-2016, 07:52 PM

There are no embarrassing turnouts for unglamorous friendly games. Thursday night however is pretty big game, and I'd be expecting maybe 10-11,000, which all things considered wouldn't be too bad.
The build up to this so far has been low key, but I'd imagine things will crank up a bit over the next few days.

Northern Hibby
10-07-2016, 08:04 PM
I could be getting a lift, how would I get a ticket last minute?

Callum7
10-07-2016, 08:14 PM
I could be getting a lift, how would I get a ticket last minute?

At the ticket office

Golden Bear
10-07-2016, 08:15 PM
Did I read that it's a 7 o'clock kick off on Thursday? If so that will catch a few fans out.

MSK
10-07-2016, 08:22 PM
Did I read that it's a 7 o'clock kick off on Thursday? If so that will catch a few fans out.7.45 pm on official site 👍

trev the hat
10-07-2016, 08:22 PM
Did I read that it's a 7 o'clock kick off on Thursday? If so that will catch a few fans out.

7.45 iirc

wookie70
10-07-2016, 08:31 PM
Looking at the dots now the season tickets have lost their right to seats we will have to go some to get anywhere near 10K attending. I guess we will get around 7K which isn't great. I think I would have made the game £22 for walk ups and a tenner for season tickets. We might have sold a few season tickets with folk thinking it would save a few quid on the European game.

Skåne Hibs
10-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Brøndby are letting season ticket holders in free for the game on the 21st, we should be doing the same.

Gala Foxes
10-07-2016, 08:37 PM
Can't believe the apathy in some of the posts, we get into Europe roughly every 4/5 years, we have drawn a class team that at least we have heard of, Hearts got 14k against a team no one has heard of, we should at least get the same. Time to stop moaning and get out and support the team

Finn2015
10-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Tried to go but can't cos of work reasons. Gutted. Hope there is a good turn out on Thursday

bod
10-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Brøndby are letting season ticket holders in free for the game on the 21st, we should be doing the same.
is that for hibs season ticket holders aswell ?

Golden Bear
10-07-2016, 08:46 PM
7.45 pm on official site 👍

It was the Sunday Post right enough but it definitely said 7pm

Billy Whizz
10-07-2016, 08:47 PM
It was the Sunday Post right enough but it definitely said 7pm

Probably Broons time

Northern Hibby
10-07-2016, 08:49 PM
At the ticket office

So it'll be open Thursday night?

Skåne Hibs
10-07-2016, 08:52 PM
is that for hibs season ticket holders aswell ?

lol, you could try.
I'm not sure what ****** off u chancing bast**d is in Danish :greengrin

I think the away tickets are actually gonna be pretty cheap on the 21st.
Brondby league tickets are only about 13 quid normally if u stand.
Away tickets for the Reykjavik game were only 6.40 approx.

Ken
10-07-2016, 08:52 PM
I can't believe the lack of enthusiasm for this game. It's a European game and our 1st competitive game since winning the Scottish Cup.

A couple of days after the cup final I said this game would definitely be a sell out, looks like that'll be well off the mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big L
10-07-2016, 08:59 PM

What a load of rubbish, I really get fed up with some of the negative crap some people spout!

offshorehibby
10-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Agreed a few people will be away on holiday but if we can't make over 10k for a European game then whats the point in having 150k turn up for the parade. Come on HIBEES are on fire.

Baw187
10-07-2016, 09:05 PM

Aye, under the floodlights in September when we went in to the first round proper. This is qualifying at the beginning of July and as most folk have said, it's prime holiday season.

There will be no floodlights on Thursday!!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-07-2016, 09:18 PM
Aye, under the floodlights in September when we went in to the first round proper. This is qualifying at the beginning of July and as most folk have said, it's prime holiday season.

Ill be there, but the powers that be have killed europe as a spectacle for clubs like ours.

Its a shame.

scoopyboy
10-07-2016, 10:49 PM

Wanna bet on that?

Brightside
10-07-2016, 10:50 PM

Callum7
10-07-2016, 10:55 PM

They'll come on around half-time.

Baw187
10-07-2016, 10:56 PM
They'll come on around half-time.

Surely they can save the leccy at this time in July!

monktonharp
10-07-2016, 11:09 PM
Can't believe the apathy in some of the posts, we get into Europe roughly every 4/5 years, we have drawn a class team that at least we have heard of, Hearts got 14k against a team no one has heard of, we should at least get the same. Time to stop moaning and get out and support the team:agree: absolutely depresses me, looking at some of the posts. what do Hibernian fans want? do they really want to go to a European match at Easter Road to see their team for the first time playing in Europe for quite a few years? do they want to have a look at the team that won the Scottish cup for us for the first time in 114 years or am I missing something? do they want to applaud our new team manager and his background staff in their first appearance at the holy ground? or are they quite happy to read a report in the daily ranger the following morning about a low turnout at the match. get a grip, and get along to support your team.I have yet to buy a ticket, but I will be there and I hope that the queues are impressive with the amount of people that decide to turn up on the night. to suggest a figure of 7k is laughable btw. I spoke to people today who have not been to ER for a few years but are going to the game. annoys me that some actually class this as a glorified practise match.

monktonharp
10-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Season Ticket holder from Inverness. I ain't gonna be making an inexpensive trip for a match on a Thursday Evening with the carry on at Scotrail. It is all about the league for me.so the possible train trouble is stopping you going? or is it that it is inexpensive?:confused: do you know why the railmen are taking action? If you cant be gauranteed a train hame, I can understand that btw but I am a bit confused about your post.

monktonharp
10-07-2016, 11:22 PM
I feel like the game today should have been free to season tickets, or £5 and £2, embarrassing turn out, despite all the factors(holidays, tennis etc) Does anyone have an attendance?I heard ther was only 12 there. 1 was in the away end. pish idea to have friendlies leading up to European matches.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-07-2016, 11:28 PM
You do know that season tickets aren't valid for this game.

(School) Holiday season will keep this below 10k I reckon.

Yep - fully aware of that... that figure is the eternal optimist in me hoping that winning the Scottish Cup has made at least some return. I know plenty folk that were at the final and it was there 1st game in a few years and won't be back again till another semi or final but I also have faith that some of those at leith links that weekend have fell back in love wi the club. Regardless of price, personally I feel this game should be our (the fans) turn to show up and let the club know how much we appreciated 21.05.16 thus getting this game in Europe

monktonharp
10-07-2016, 11:44 PM
Yep - fully aware of that... that figure is the eternal optimist in me hoping that winning the Scottish Cup has made at least some return. I know plenty folk that were at the final and it was there 1st game in a few years and won't be back again till another semi or final but I also have faith that some of those at leith links that weekend have fell back in love wi the club. Regardless of price, personally I feel this game should be our (the fans) turn to show up and let the club know how much we appreciated 21.05.16 thus getting this game in EuropeI personally agree with you.

SteveHFC
10-07-2016, 11:53 PM
Looking at the dots now the season tickets have lost their right to seats we will have to go some to get anywhere near 10K attending. I guess we will get around 7K which isn't great. I think I would have made the game £22 for walk ups and a tenner for season tickets. We might have sold a few season tickets with folk thinking it would save a few quid on the European game.

For a European home game that's shocking regardless of the time of year.

Highland_Hibee
11-07-2016, 12:11 AM
so the possible train trouble is stopping you going? or is it that it is inexpensive?:confused: do you know why the railmen are taking action? If you cant be gauranteed a train hame, I can understand that btw but I am a bit confused about your post.

Sorry what I meant to say is it wouldn't be an inexpensive trip. I'd be looking at the expense of staying a night in Edinburgh then possibly missing the next day off work if I can't guarantee what train I would be getting on in the morning. The conductors are on strike but to be fair to them it looks to be because a lot of them are going to lose their jobs.

SlickShoes
11-07-2016, 12:50 AM
I'll be in new Zealand so can't just pop over, would be at the next round if we make it.

Some people here are so negative about everything, amazing they lasted supporting hibs this long.

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2016, 01:08 AM
No sense in getting excited till the group stages. I think Hibs will come of age in the latter stages of the tournament. At this stage we should be giving squad players a chance and saving our key first team stars for the arduous league programme.

If we win this cup it will be a bonus but promotion must remain the priority.

mcfly
11-07-2016, 05:56 AM
Easter road should be sold out by now for Thursday

Why all the fans at the parade not got a ticket??

It's the least the players deserve after giving us all a day to remember on 21 May

No excuses get down to Easter road and get a ticket - back the team

Carheenlea
11-07-2016, 06:18 AM
It's not unreasonable to expect a bumper crowd for no other reason than it being our first competitive game since the final.
Of those at Hampden in May, who wouldn't want to be there to salute the Hibs team as they run out at Easter Road to play in their first competitive game since the Final?

marinello59
11-07-2016, 07:17 AM

People are just as miserable and willing to tell us why they aren't going to games in the Winter as well.

HappyHanlon
11-07-2016, 07:24 AM
I know of fans who are cutting their holiday short to get to the match. Also ken someone sacrificing a holiday to travel to Copenhagen for away leg.

These fans should be applauded.

norhfc
11-07-2016, 07:36 AM
I can't make the home game but will be in Copenhagen for the away game, then back to Edinburgh for the Birmingham game. I do my best, if your in Edinburgh on Thursday no excuses, get to the game.

andy1875
11-07-2016, 07:50 AM
I can't underatand peoples lack of enthusiasm for this game if the sales are to be believed.

I seem to recall the Malmo game having an attendance in the region of 16,000 or is my memory playing tricks on me?

That was the same time of year and wasnt on the back of a cup win/feel good factor generated all summer. Strange if the crowd was any less than that imo.

oneone73
11-07-2016, 07:52 AM
I can't underatand peoples lack of enthusiasm for this game if the sales are to be believed.

I seem to recall the Malmo game having an attendance in the region of 16,000 or is my memory playing tricks on me?

That was the same time of year and wasnt on the back of a cup win/feel good factor generated all summer. Strange if the crowd was any less than that imo.
That was the farewell to Lawrie Reilly game.

cabbageandribs1875
11-07-2016, 07:53 AM

i think a lot more turned up at that game just to pay respects to Lawrie Reilly(rip)

Moulin Yarns
11-07-2016, 08:01 AM

That's the away leg. Equates to 8pm back here in Blighty. :greengrin

QMU-1875
11-07-2016, 08:12 AM
What a load of rubbish, I really get fed up with some of the negative crap some people spout!

What have I posted is rubbish? Its fact, ticket sales have been abysmal and 0 buzz has been generated by the club. If they priced it more appropriately/marketed the game as a chance for us all to see the cup paraded we would have a sell out on our hands. They have done neither and our first European game in years may end up with a crowd more befitting a game against Dumbarton...

scoopyboy
11-07-2016, 08:18 AM
What have I posted is rubbish? Its fact, ticket sales have been abysmal and 0 buzz has been generated by the club. If they priced it more appropriately/marketed the game as a chance for us all to see the cup paraded we would have a sell out on our hands. They have done neither and our first European game in years may end up with a crowd more befitting a game against Dumbarton...

IMO the cup should not be paraded at a competitive fixture.

Nothing wrong with the pricing.

There will be a decent crowd at the game, ticket sales will pick up and walk ups on the night will turn it into a decent crowd.

QMU-1875
11-07-2016, 08:21 AM
IMO the cup should not be paraded at a competitive fixture.

Nothing wrong with the pricing.

There will be a decent crowd at the game, ticket sales will pick up and walk ups on the night will turn it into a decent crowd.

Why not?

Steve-O
11-07-2016, 08:25 AM
:agree: absolutely depresses me, looking at some of the posts. what do Hibernian fans want? do they really want to go to a European match at Easter Road to see their team for the first time playing in Europe for quite a few years? do they want to have a look at the team that won the Scottish cup for us for the first time in 114 years or am I missing something? do they want to applaud our new team manager and his background staff in their first appearance at the holy ground? or are they quite happy to read a report in the daily ranger the following morning about a low turnout at the match. get a grip, and get along to support your team.I have yet to buy a ticket, but I will be there and I hope that the queues are impressive with the amount of people that decide to turn up on the night. to suggest a figure of 7k is laughable btw. I spoke to people today who have not been to ER for a few years but are going to the game. annoys me that some actually class this as a glorified practise match.

Some folk moaning that we're in the Championship playing dross for a third year, and yet quite a few can't be ersed for a Europa League tie against a team with decent pedigree! :confused:

scoopyboy
11-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Why not?

The focus should be on the game.

ian cruise
11-07-2016, 08:59 AM
I won't know if I can make it until later in the week, hopefully everything falls in to place and I can. I'll be gutted to miss it. Can't believe some would chose not to go, European football is what Scottish clubs are desperate to achieve every season. I don't see this game as a distraction to a league campaign that hasn't started yet. Once the league is underway then it's up to the club to decide how much of an impact each competition is having on our league campaign and prioritise as such. Not before a competitive ball has been kicked.

lucky
11-07-2016, 09:17 AM
I don't get the criticism of the club. Our opponents were confirmed on Thursday and Hibs advertised the game before and after the result was known. What momentum has gone out of the club? We've signed a top coach, decent CF, resigned Hanlon, Forster and probably Cummings. We are going on a European trip with around 1000 Hibbies looking to travel and 10000plus ST sold. There's been lots of praise for LD and the direction the club is heading. We've scored 10 goals in our last 2 friendlies. Not sure what the club should have been doing.

QMU-1875
11-07-2016, 09:28 AM
The focus should be on the game.

Yea for the playing staff and management but what about the marketing and business executives? Shouldn't they be focusing in getting people through the gates?

scoopyboy
11-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Yea for the playing staff and management but what about the marketing and business executives? Shouldn't they be focusing in getting people through the gates?

Yes they should, who would you want to parade it though? Certainly not the players or management.

I remember the 1972 League Cup was displayed the following week at the home game against Ayr Utd in a made up vehicle, that didn't do any harm as we won 8-1!!!!!

Craigmount Hibs
11-07-2016, 09:44 AM

Spot on.

225-EasterRd
11-07-2016, 10:16 AM

Just been to pick up tickets for thursday, girl thinks we have sold over 6000 so far.

DaveF
11-07-2016, 10:30 AM
For a European home game that's shocking regardless of the time of year.

Rubbish. There will be plenty people on holiday in what is the traditional Edinburgh summer break. Folk who fret about attendances need to get a life or some sort of perspective on it.

Just go to the game and enjoy it.

pacoluna
11-07-2016, 10:33 AM
I'm hoping at the very least we get 10,000 at the match on Thursday anything less would be p*iss poor.

Considering we had these attendances for the intertoto cup against unheard of opposition at the same time of the year , I would have thought a europa qualifier against Brondby just after winning the SC and with NL in charge would attract significantly more people.

Attendance: 8,630 v Vetra in the p*ssing rain

attendance:11,731 v Dinaburg

Attendance: 10,640 v Odense

NAE NOOKIE
11-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Will be in Edinburgh on Wednesday and will be buying 6 tickets then. My guess is that the crowd will be in excess of 10,000 reasonably comfortably, I have a feeling lots of folk will turn up and buy tickets on the night providing the weather is decent. I seriously doubt the £22 ticket price will put folk off, we charge more than that for cat A games in the league.

I don't think Hibs will treat this game as a glorified friendly to be honest, for all his laid back approach to it I'm sure Lennon will be treating it seriously and we will have a go .... whatever happens it will be interesting to see how we deal with a team who are probably a cut above most of the teams we have played in the last few years.

EH54
11-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Would disagree slightly with nothing wrong with the pricing of the fixture,

Malmo game at ER was £15 and £5 with an attendance of over 16k against a similar opposition and at the same stage of the competition.

£22 and £12 and we have barley sold 7,000 by sounds of things. can't deny that prices of this fixture has had an impact?

225-EasterRd
11-07-2016, 10:51 AM

Just been to pick up tickets for thursday, girl thinks we have sold over 6000 so far.

HappyHanlon
11-07-2016, 11:05 AM
150K come out for cup parade - where are they this Thursday?

I'd happily settle for David Gray carrying the cup out as he did against Edinburgh City. Nothing else.

DaveF
11-07-2016, 11:18 AM
150K come out for cup parade - where are they this Thursday?.

Really, guys like you need to put this away, though I suppose there are folk like you but on hearts, Motherwell, killie, ict forums who bemoan the missing paraders.

It happens. All over the world. Time to get over it.

Mr White
11-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Just been in and bought 4. They'll shift a good few more before Thursday I reckon.

QMU-1875
11-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Around 6,000 sold. Farce. If the club won't market it then maybe we should get on to hibs fans you know that we're loving winning the cup and get them told!

hibs0666
11-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Around 6,000 sold. Farce. If the club won't market it then maybe we should get on to hibs fans you know that we're loving winning the cup and get them told!

Lol calm down tiger.

HappyHanlon
11-07-2016, 11:35 AM
Really, guys like you need to put this away, though I suppose there are folk like you but on hearts, Motherwell, killie, ict forums who bemoan the missing paraders.

But why? We can't even get 10% to buy ST's.

The club should look to see how they can rectify it.

NAE NOOKIE
11-07-2016, 11:36 AM

Well not really ..... many of the folk who were at the parade would identify themselves as Hibs fans, even taking that aside 20,000 more than our usual home support made it all the way to Hampden for the League cup final, given that fact I don't think its unreasonable to hope that these folk would turn up to a few home games during the season and especially a home European game against a club folk have actually heard of.

DaveF
11-07-2016, 11:42 AM
But why? We can't even get 10% to buy ST's.

The club should look to see how they can rectify it.

I'm sure the club are trying but if you cant understand that a large percentage of that 150,000 were kids, grannies, or hangers on then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Our core support is small but dedicated. Football is a hard, expensive sell to the group we are targetting. Years of rot wont be fixed overnight.

Keith_M
11-07-2016, 11:45 AM
I think it would be good if Lennon and LD came out and urged the Fans to turn up in big numbers on Thursday, with emphasis on our first competitive game of the season, the quality of the opposition and the chance to see the new players, such as Holt.

I think it's a pity that this seems to be necessary but maybe it'll help people decide to get along and support the team.

scoopyboy
11-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Would disagree slightly with nothing wrong with the pricing of the fixture,

Malmo game at ER was £15 and £5 with an attendance of over 16k against a similar opposition and at the same stage of the competition.

£22 and £12 and we have barley sold 7,000 by sounds of things. can't deny that prices of this fixture has had an impact?

Surely you are too early to say the prices have had an impact, if it is above 10,000 I don't think you can claim that.

DaveF
11-07-2016, 11:46 AM
... and especially a home European game against a club folk have actually heard of.

I was at the game yesterday but more so to meet people and have a few beers than for the match.

I'm a st holder of many years but I'll be honest and say that Thursday isn't grabbing my attention yet. I'm more looking forward to my holidays.

Maybe I'm basking in the shadow of the cup win too much but for me the football kicks off in August for real.

I'll still end up going though....

HappyHanlon
11-07-2016, 11:52 AM
The lack of coverage to promote the match is terrible.

A big Euro match should be PR'd to **** (especially after winning the cup) but just like cup winners merchandise it's falling flat.

Come on Amit or Frank - what's going on?

QMU-1875
11-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Lol calm down tiger.

Look forward to seeing you post something moaning about the size of the crowd on Thursday in the near future 👍

All I'm saying is that the club have missed a trick to get another sell out at Easter road, make a bit of money for the new season and get the fans excited about what's to come. How is that a negative? I'll say again, get on to hibees you know and get them along on Thursday. Club needs the support. It's a European game, the stage we all aim to reach as a club every season!

JeMeSouviens
11-07-2016, 11:53 AM
I'm going (not got tix yet) but not exactly enthusiastic. It's not Hibs fault but ... playing this game early in our pre-season, let alone our actual season, when everybody around the club has made it crystal clear our only focus this year is the league, against a pretty decent side who will more than likely give us a hiding is not exactly whetting the appetite!

Hibernian Verse
11-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Realistically, how many of the 110k were actually supporters...I know of a Rangers supporter that went to "enjoy the day".

Hibbyradge
11-07-2016, 11:55 AM
I picked up my ticket when I was in Edinburgh at the weekend and managed to get a seat next to my mates seats.

Only trouble is, all 3 of them are on holiday! :doh:

duffers
11-07-2016, 11:55 AM
I'm sure the club are trying but if you cant understand that a large percentage of that 150,000 were kids, grannies, or hangers on then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Our core support is small but dedicated. Football is a hard, expensive sell to the group we are targetting. Years of rot wont be fixed overnight.

My mum, girlfriend, nieces, aunties, cousins, etc etc were all at the parade, and all have zero interest in football or Hibs. I'd imagine there was quite a lot of people in a similar situation.

Of the people that I do go to the games with. There was 15 in our group for the final. I'm buying 6 for Thursday as 9 of them are on Holiday.

I don't understand why people get worked up about attendances. As long as I am there when I can be, that's all I care about

The_Horde
11-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Everything seems a bit muted from hibs just now. Like there's a big calm before the storm. Is it all part of a master plan? silence and then a mass of announcements .. or just poor PR?

Billy McKirdy
11-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Because of work I won't be able to get to stadium until kick off time, will there be a pay at the gate open or will the ticket office be open for late arrivals?

allezsauzee
11-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Why does this game need selling? We are Scottish Cup holders playing quality European opposition and we've just warmed up for it by giving premier league opposition a spanking. Unless you've booked your summer holidays why would you not want to be there? I cannae wait!

QMU-1875
11-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Why does this game need selling? We are Scottish Cup holders playing quality European opposition and we've just warmed up for it by giving premier league opposition a spanking. Unless you've booked your summer holidays why would you not want to be there? I cannae wait!

It needs selling because people ain't buying.

EH54
11-07-2016, 12:17 PM
@Marinehibby (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?19074-Marinehibby)

I'm sure there will be ticket pods open on the occasions I have been 5-10 mins late for a game the ticket pods have still been open

Ergye
11-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Realistically, how many of the 110k were actually supporters...I know of a Rangers supporter that went to "enjoy the day".

I'd estimate about 6000.

My ex went and she's from Forfar and doesn't care for football. So there's 2 interlopers Milkinho. We need to identify and market to this other 103,998. This is a PR exercise that would make Edward Bernays himself weep.

500miles
11-07-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm going and looking forward to it. It is a European tie, and should be priced as such - especially when you consider a lot of Scottish teams lose money from Europe due to the early league re-start.

However, I do believe it's a lot to ask to be competitive at this time of year, and if we were to reach group stages, we may suffer similar consequences as we did towards the end of last year.

Folk like to moan, but there's simply no out and out negative or positive outcome from this tie, and hence the low profile.

Billy McKirdy
11-07-2016, 12:22 PM
@Marinehibby (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?19074-Marinehibby)

I'm sure there will be ticket pods open on the occasions I have been 5-10 mins late for a game the ticket pods have still been open

Thanks for that :thumbsup:

Ringothedog
11-07-2016, 12:24 PM
It needs selling because people ain't buying.

Yes they are, maybe not as fast as you would like but they are selling and the closer we get to Thursday then the faster they will sell. What are you worried about ? the crowd will be what it will be, I am sure we will get well over 10k but its not going to change my life it less than that.

Hibernian Verse
11-07-2016, 12:24 PM
I'd estimate about 6000.

My ex went and she's from Forfar and doesn't care for football. So there's 2 interlopers Milkinho. We need to identify and market to this other 103,998. This is a PR exercise that would make Edward Bernays himself weep.
For years people have said a Scottish Cup win would bring the people back to Easter Road. Here are are not even two months on and we're back to head scratching.

Hibby Bairn
11-07-2016, 12:25 PM
3 here that would be there....but on holiday and not back in Edinburgh until 25th. Be at the next round game though.

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Everything seems a bit muted from hibs just now. Like there's a big calm before the storm. Is it all part of a master plan? silence and then a mass of announcements .. or just poor PR?I don't think it's poor PR. I just don't think they can say roll up, roll up for the greatest show on earth when they know they are up against a good European club.

For the same reason it would be inappropriate to parade the Scottish cup before or after this game knowing there is a potential for the idea to backfire.

FWIW, IMO Hibs will be fortunate to get anything from Thu and the return game but If yesterday is anything to go by I'm optimistic that Hibs will give them a decent game at least and could hopefully even sneak a result at home. For this reason I would urge all fans that can afford to go to attend.

I just cant for the life of me understand why people wouldn't be interested in how Hibs would fare against decent European opposition. I know Malmo hammered us but this is a different team, under a different manager and we don't have a makeshift defense this time, goalkeeper aside!

At the end of the day, Hibs 'fans' should be doing their best to help support the club financially, and I'm not talking about those that have already invested heavily on ST's, shares, KfK's, plaques etc.

Since90+2
11-07-2016, 12:28 PM
For years people have said a Scottish Cup win would bring the people back to Easter Road. Here are are not even two months on and we're back to head scratching.

We have sold the second highest amount of season tickets in our history despite it being our 3rd year in the second tier of Scottish football.

Does that not prove the cup win had brought fans back?

Mango Man
11-07-2016, 12:28 PM
I do think we are charging over the odds for what it is, Celtic are charging 20 quid for a Champions League qualifier, Hearts have frozen their prices for the same round we are in, not sure what Aberdeen are charging, but I'm pretty sure it won't be 22 quid anyway.

Still got my tickets, but I think 15 quid would have been more reasonable.

DaveF
11-07-2016, 12:33 PM

Ffs, I give up!

we are hibs
11-07-2016, 12:33 PM
will the singing section be there for this/this season down the bottom of the east stand? Hopefully we can at least get 10k and get a decent atmosphere going in the east stand

Ergye
11-07-2016, 12:39 PM

It kinda has. The season ticket sales are doing better than they would've been. I am sure we will go in to the league season with decent crowds and have a terrific season and win this silly league.

But not getting up and excited for a European tie is bonkers. I love a European night me. Could be playing an Andorran Care Home 11 and I'd still be attempting to GOAD the pishy old farts (from my seat).

We will give Brondby a good game too. I'm disappointed to see lotsa negative people saying 'Ah well we are gonna lose anyway, but I will go'. GTF immediately from my face. We are Hibs. We fear nobody. :cb

hibs0666
11-07-2016, 12:40 PM

No we're not - you are maybe.

pacoluna
11-07-2016, 12:49 PM
It kinda has. The season ticket sales are doing better than they would've been. I am sure we will go in to the league season with decent crowds and have a terrific season and win this silly league.

But not getting up and excited for a European tie is bonkers. I love a European night me. Could be playing an Andorran Care Home 11 and I'd still be attempting to GOAD the pishy old farts (from my seat).

We will give Brondby a good game too. I'm disappointed to see lotsa negative people saying 'Ah well we are gonna lose anyway, but I will go'. GTF immediately from my face. We are Hibs. We fear nobody. :cb

One of my best memories as a young Hibs fan Was the AEK game, was a great atmosphere. I can't get my head around the fact some people are dismissing it because we have to prioritize the chship.. Absolute nonsense. If we fail to win the championship this year there will be absolutely no excuses, Last years Scottish cup run as an excuse for coming 3rd was pathetic . No reason why Hibs shouldn't be aiming to go on a cup run in all cups and win this league by a canter!

Ergye
11-07-2016, 12:59 PM
One of my best memories as a young Hibs fan Was the AEK game, was a great atmosphere. I can't get my head around the fact some people are dismissing it because we have to prioritize the chship.. Absolute nonsense. If we fail to win the championship this year there will be absolutely no excuses, Last years Scottish cup run as an excuse for coming 3rd was pathetic . No reason why Hibs shouldn't be aiming to go on a cup run in all cups and win this league by a canter!

It was the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at Easter Road.

I wonder if we had drawn a slick Southern European team the mood might be a little different, instead of our very similar, boring cousins from across the North Sea.

Keith_M
11-07-2016, 01:09 PM

However, I do believe it's a lot to ask to be competitive at this time of year, and if we were to reach group stages, we may suffer similar consequences as we did towards the end of last year.

I felt the same until Sunday, but I'd say that the manner of the win over Motherwell suggests otherwise.

FromTheCapital
11-07-2016, 01:24 PM
There is no reason for there not be a good crowd on Thursday.

Folk away on holiday, yes but we can still get 16k+ at ER.

Ticket prices aren't awful but they're not cheap either.

Down to the fans now.

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2016, 01:28 PM
It was the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at Easter Road.

I wonder if we had drawn a slick Southern European team the mood might be a little different, instead of our very similar, boring cousins from across the North Sea.

AEK was when the season was underway.

Like it or not, games before the official season kicks off are always going to be regarded as preliminaries rather than 'proper' European games.

If we were playing Brondy into August or September, I've no doubt the homes stands would be sold out.

I know how important this game is, but a lot of fans just don't, and never will, see the season as kicking off until the first league game.

pacoluna
11-07-2016, 01:34 PM

Like it or not, games before the official season kicks off are always going to be regarded as preliminaries rather than 'proper' European games.

If we were playing Brondy into August or September, I've no doubt the homes stands would be sold out.

I know how important this game is, but a lot of fans just don't, and never will, see the season as kicking off until the first league game.

Attendance: 16,018 v malmo

These games were around the same time and 3 of them were in the intertoto cup!

The 6,000 or so being quoted sounds drastically poor.

Bishop Hibee
11-07-2016, 01:37 PM

Ergye
11-07-2016, 01:39 PM

Sure. I get that. I still expect to see a good crowd. We are a good side, and we will give the Danes a game. :flag:

Hibernian Verse
11-07-2016, 01:41 PM
No we're not - you are maybe.

I meant people asking what Hibs have done to bring people back. I appreciate extenuating circumstances such as holidays etc.

CapitalGreen
11-07-2016, 01:42 PM

It would be drastically poor if it was currently 7.45pm on Thursday night. Do you have the ticket sales numbers from 3.5 days prior to kick-off for the fixtures you mention - that would be a better comparison.

Gorebridge Hibb
11-07-2016, 02:01 PM
It would be drastically poor if it was currently 7.45pm on Thursday night. Do you have the ticket sales numbers from 3.5 days prior to kick-off for the fixtures you mention - that would be a better comparison.

Just back from the ticket office and they have sold around 7000......

pacoluna
11-07-2016, 02:04 PM
No, however this fixture should be a sell out, unfortunately it looks like it is going to be nowhere near one.

Albanian Hibs
11-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Well i wont be there as i am off on hol on wed but my dad will be using my seat for this one.

SunshineOnLeith
11-07-2016, 02:07 PM

Because of the way UEFA have restructured European competition, we're playing at essentially the same stage this week as the three fixtures you mentioned above.

The crowd will be broadly similar.

steve75
11-07-2016, 02:55 PM
Had a look at the Malmo thread - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?268653-Ticket-sales-for-the-Malmo-game-(merged)

It seems sales were going at roughly the same, if not a little slower, pace than they are for this game. And that was with a £15 ticket incentive if you bought in advanced.

Reilly's passing caused a rush, the attendance didn't seem to have much to do with it being a European night.

People don't tend to rush to get tickets for Easter Road anymore, the size of the stadium out strips demand.

If we've sold about 7k, that's not too bad given past attendances at this stage. We'll hit around 11k, hopefully a fair few more.

I don't know why these early stages don't drum up massive excitement, but that seems to be the way it is. Personally I can't wait!

Ergye
11-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Had a look at the Malmo thread - http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?268653-Ticket-sales-for-the-Malmo-game-(merged)

It seems sales were going at roughly the same, if not a little slower, pace than they are for this game. And that was with a £15 ticket incentive if you bought in advanced.

Reilly's passing caused a rush, the attendance didn't seem to have much to do with it being a European night.

People don't tend to rush to get tickets for Easter Road anymore, the size of the stadium out strips demand.

If we've sold about 7k, that's not too bad given past attendances at this stage. We'll hit around 11k, hopefully a fair few more.

I don't know why these early stages don't drum up massive excitement, but that seems to be the way it is. Personally I can't wait!http://i.imgur.com/rWqEhfr.jpg

Hermit Crab
11-07-2016, 03:27 PM
I'm hoping at the very least we get 10,000 at the match on Thursday anything less would be p*iss poor.

Considering we had these attendances for the intertoto cup against unheard of opposition at the same time of the year , I would have thought a europa qualifier against Brondby just after winning the SC and with NL in charge would attract significantly more people.

Dinaburg was also in the piss rain. However it was not £22 to get into those games.

FromTheCapital
11-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Anything less than 15k would be hugely disappointing.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-07-2016, 03:42 PM

Why and who said this? Does it really stand to reason?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-07-2016, 03:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rWqEhfr.jpg

Why rush to get tickets when you can rock up on the night and get an e-ticket?

we are hibs
11-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Dinaburg was also in the piss rain. However it was not £22 to get into those games.

Do you really think that 10k Hibs fans are failing to turn up just because it's £22? I highly doubt there's 10'000 Hibs fans on holiday or who thinks its too dear. It's laziness. People ought to get off their Arse and support their team. The team who brought them the Scottish cup.

CapitalGreen
11-07-2016, 04:22 PM

Just back from the ticket office and they have sold around 7000......

Just over 6000 at 11.50am
Around 7000 at 3.00pm

Seem to be selling at a decent rate.

southern hibby
11-07-2016, 04:23 PM
I'll be there and we'll win this round at home ( forever an optimist when it comes to Hibs, even at my age).

So get yer skates on and get a tickets lets back this team like they should be backed MASSIVELY. For those going on Holiday etc feel yet pain that you'll no be there, however those who can get along

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
11-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Around 7000 at 3.00pm

That's good so far, should see it go over the 10,000 mark by Thursday night

scoopyboy
11-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Around 7000 at 3.00pm

F*** me, at that rate were going to have to fill the corners in as the ground ain't big enough. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
11-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Love how people fret over proposed attendances.

RyeSloan
11-07-2016, 04:40 PM
F*** me, at that rate were going to have to fill the corners in as the ground ain't big enough. :greengrin

Should have filled the corners in the day after the parade, as usual Hibs not selling themselves, losing momentum, charging too much blah blah blah.

Reckon there will be over 10k there and considering the holiday season that will be more than acceptable. I'll be one of them and looking forward to it.

G B Young
11-07-2016, 05:04 PM
It's effectively part of our pre-season matches and has come too early to be taken too seriously. The squad's not in place yet and we won't be fully match fit. A lot of folk, including old traditionalists like me, aren't tuned in for the new football season yet. For me June and July are the times to enjoy the big summer sporting events like Wimbledon and the Open and football takes a back seat until August.

HappyHanlon
11-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Get the advertising spaces in Leith filled up. New LED posters in bus shelters, the big digital screen on Leith Walk...get them advertising. We never do ourselves justice when it comes to promoting the club.

RyeSloan
11-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Get the advertising spaces in Leith filled up. New LED posters in bus shelters, the big digital screen on Leith Walk...get them advertising. We never do ourselves justice when it comes to promoting the club.

And how many extra people would that generate that wouldn't already know about the game and then make them come along? Enough to justify the expense? Doubtful.

HappyHanlon
11-07-2016, 05:18 PM
And how many extra people would that generate that wouldn't already know about the game and then make them come along? Enough to justify the expense? Doubtful.

True, perhaps a bit late now but why are we always slow to promote the club.

Honestly got a whole list of marketing ideas the club should utilise.

bingo70
11-07-2016, 05:20 PM
True, perhaps a bit late now but why are we always slow to promote the club.

Honestly got a whole list of marketing ideas the club should utilise.

You should send Amit a PM.

Sure the club would appreciate any ideas they've not already considered.

scoopyboy
11-07-2016, 05:21 PM
It's effectively part of our pre-season matches and has come too early to be taken too seriously. The squad's not in place yet and we won't be fully match fit. A lot of folk, including old traditionalists like me, aren't tuned in for the new football season yet. For me June and July are the times to enjoy the big summer sporting events like Wimbledon and the Open and football takes a back seat until August.

Folks were saying the same about the Scottish Cup tie at Raith in January, just put out the laddies as it's just getting in the way of promotion. Same argument was getting used in the quarters against ICT. Bet there are a few folk out there now glad we didn't.

If you want to do well you can't afford to pick and choose your tournaments, we are in it and a run would give us cash to strengthen the squad for other competitions this season.

Scott Allan Key
11-07-2016, 05:22 PM

They were obviously a glory hunter.

Hi Heid Yin
11-07-2016, 05:25 PM
I intend to be there, but if I'm being honest I would not be the slightest bit bothered (embarrassing anhialation aside) if we did not progress.
This forthcoming season is about promotion firstly with maybe a run in one or other of the domestic cups (but not both).
We suffered big time last season in terms of both insufficient recovery time between games and general fatigue. The less we play the better this season.

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2016, 05:35 PM

Agreed. Since winning the cup we've contracted the Jambo disease.

Golden Bear
11-07-2016, 05:38 PM

Well said.

tamig
11-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Jeez. No gonnae give it a rest?

Carheenlea
11-07-2016, 05:47 PM

We are a club who should be targeting European football on a regular basis, and that will mean playing qualifying fixtures at this time of year should that target be met. A hugely important game, and anything but a pre-season knockabout. I think a lot of fans might get a surprise on Thursday with a home win and something to defend in Copenhagen.

Pretty Boy
11-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Have Brondby sold many tickets for ER?

BSEJVT
11-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Whilst there is no doubt that promotion should be our big ambition this season ( I would like us to retain the cup though:-)), I am struggling with the idea that a rare beast like a European tie, should be dismissed by so many as an irrelevance.

I am struggling with the concept that playing a couple of ties before the league season even starts is going to damage our promotion challenge to such an extent that we should half heartedly apply ourselves as some have suggested.

Winning, like losing, becomes habit forming and we should be doing everything we can to get through this tie.

If fixture congestion becomes a problem down the line then we can deal with it then.

There are however lots of other competitions I would give before dismissing European football so glibly.

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 06:31 PM

It's either this or look at the transfer rumours and the pish in there

Boyle89
11-07-2016, 07:50 PM
I got 4 today and might be getting another 2. Loads of seats left sadly. Can't wait! Feels like forever since 21/5.

Centre Hawf
11-07-2016, 09:08 PM
The trend in these games appears to be folk think, and probably rightly so, that they can rock up on the day with a few mates and go watch it which fine. I think we'll see us reach 11/12k on the day. Which is okay I suppose but if it's any less than that I think its an embarrassment when the club brought us a Scottish Cup and the we can't even get near to filling the stadium for the next game to cheer them on.

QMU-1875
11-07-2016, 09:22 PM
Jeez. No gonnae give it a rest?

Its a football forum, expressing an opinion, all I'm saying is get people along to the game!

hibeedonald
11-07-2016, 10:06 PM
I got 4 today and might be getting another 2. Loads of seats left sadly. Can't wait! Feels like forever since 21/5.

Me too, just bought 5 in the East.

Dashing Bob S
11-07-2016, 11:44 PM
I'm predicting a late surge.

scoopyboy
12-07-2016, 05:42 AM
I'm predicting a late surge.

I'm predicting your prediction will be correct.

Santa Cruz
12-07-2016, 05:53 AM
Also bought 5 online last night.

blackpoolhibs
12-07-2016, 06:21 AM
What was Thursdays crowd?

Ringothedog
12-07-2016, 06:54 AM

Depends on your perspective, it was either "a farce" or " around what can be expected at this time of year due to holidays", no official crowd has been given by Hibs yet.

wookie70
12-07-2016, 07:39 AM

I would have guessed around 2000-2500

Keith_M
12-07-2016, 09:02 AM

From Official Site (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/fixtures/267)

Bill Milne
12-07-2016, 09:05 AM

From Official Site (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/fixtures/267)

wasn't that the attendance at Meadowbank?

Spike Mandela
12-07-2016, 11:19 AM
It's the nature of European qualification that disadvantages the likes of Hibs these days. In the old days our European game would be well into August, our season would be up and running and our transfer business would be mostly done.

Nowadays the last seasonn is barely finished, we've played a couple of pre season games and our summer recruitment has barely started.

We are starting so early that it isn't really a surprise that this feels more like a friendly than our first competitive match and interest is luke warm. At least the new manager has a reasonable base to start from with this team which doesn't need a massive rebuild.

If we progress through this match ( I have my doubts, but it's not impossible), and we get through to rounds where our season has started and new signings are in we might just see enthusiasm for Europe sky rocket again and get back to the full house European nights we used to have.

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-07-2016, 11:40 AM
3 bought today. Hopefully a late surge will see a decent crowd

Delboy4
12-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Just bought 2

🇳🇬⚽️🇳🇬

LancashireHibby
12-07-2016, 12:42 PM
See absolutely no reason why the crowd for this shouldn't be bigger than the home leg against Malmö, given that was after losing the first leg and wasn't off the back of winning the Cup.

Pat 0-7
12-07-2016, 01:00 PM
See absolutely no reason why the crowd for this shouldn't be bigger than the home leg against Malmö, given that was after losing the first leg and wasn't off the back of winning the Cup.
Wasn't the Malmo game at lower prices though - £15 and £5?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

scottish_sleepy
12-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Buying 4 tonight :thumbsup:

RoxburghHibs
12-07-2016, 01:07 PM
For me the first chance to watch Hibs walk out onto the pitch with the cup is unmissable.

Regardless of the opposition, competition or ticket pricing.

Skyegreen
12-07-2016, 01:17 PM
I'll pick up my tickets at the very last moment 😵 just because I like to see the bed wetters get a panic on 😂😂😂

McKenzie
12-07-2016, 01:34 PM
Just bought my 2 🇳🇬🇳🇬

GreenCastle
12-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Just bought 3 for some visiting friends.

Hibs should be up the Royal Mile trying to sell tickets!

JOD
12-07-2016, 03:54 PM
This frigging rail strike on thurs aint gonna help us out of town Hibees.

Last train out of Edinburgh to Falkirk Is 7.30 pm ugh !!!!!

Only other way back on public transport is a 1 1/2 hour bus journey getting
home way after midnight :-(

Hibby Gav
12-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Got mine

this email in from Hibs today...

http://communicatoremail.com/FS/3272/Images/Brondby%20E-mail.png (http://communicatoremail.com/In/121277611/0/cCxTHM0dXKs1eP26uDl60TwoArshDlSW71PPQEbsR_~/)

The countdown is on to Neil Lennon's first competitive match in charge - and what a game it could be!

Brøndby IF are the visitors to Easter Road in the first leg of the UEFA Europa League second qualifying round, with kick off at 7.45pm.

Tickets are priced at £22 for adults and £12 for concessions for the European tie, the first competitive game for Hibernian as Scottish Cup winners.

We are delighted to have over 10,000 season ticket holders signed up for next season - and it would be a massive boost to Neil Lennon and his side to have a bumper crowd in attendance for the first leg tie.

You can buy your tickets online by clicking HERE (http://communicatoremail.com/In/121277612/0/cCxTHM0dXKs1eP26uDl60TwoArshDlSW71PPQEbsR_~/), direct from the Hibernian Ticket Office or by calling 0844 844 1875 option 1.

We'll see you at Easter Road on Thursday night!

GGTTH

Hibby Gav
12-07-2016, 05:12 PM
sorry...didn't paste well...

Basically a call to arm for NLs firs competitive game

Jdawg
12-07-2016, 05:34 PM
Got mine a few days together with my ST. Cannot wait to get along to ER, European night under the floodlights.

Doesn't come around too often, don't care that it's in July or qualifying, etc. Genuinely super excited.

Hibs90
12-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Whilst I actually think the price is fair considering the opposition and the fact it's a European game I reckon the price has put a lot of people off. People will also use the Hearts argument where they are charging £15 or whatever it is.

However on the flip side, after delivering the cup the players deserve a better turnout than those on here are suggesting. Hopefully a late surge and they can get a decent crowd.

Hermit Crab
12-07-2016, 05:56 PM
]This frigging rail strike on thurs aint gonna help us out of town Hibees.[/B]

Last train out of Edinburgh to Falkirk Is 7.30 pm ugh !!!!!

Only other way back on public transport is a 1 1/2 hour bus journey getting
home way after midnight :-(

The ScotRail Guards are on strike for a good reason mind you. Anyway, if you drive or are travelling with someone who drives then I'd consider parking at a station on the Airdrie-Bathgate line as that service will run as normal. Bathgate, Armadale, Blackridge or caldercruix. Are these stations reasonably close to Falkirk? Could be an option for you. After the game there are train to these stations from Waverley at 22:21, 22:51, 22:49 and 23:22. A cheap day return will cost you around £8

jgl07
12-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Whilst I actually think the price is fair considering the opposition and the fact it's a European game I reckon the price has put a lot of people off. People will also use the Hearts argument where they are charging £15 or whatever it is.

However on the flip side, after delivering the cup the players deserve a better turnout than those on here are suggesting. Hopefully a late surge and they can get a decent crowd.
Hearts are playing a Maltese pub team.

Hibs are playing Brondby who have appeared in the Group Stages of the Champions League not to mention the Quarter Finals of the European Cup and the Semi Finals of the UEFA Cup. They play in a much higher rated league than the SPFL.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-07-2016, 11:26 AM
5 bought just now!

Keyser Sauzee
13-07-2016, 11:33 AM

If I remember correctly I'm sure Lawrie Reilly died in the week leading upto this game so think that may have boosted numbers for the Malmo game so I'm not sure we will surpass that figure. I do expect a good crowd tho.

EH54
13-07-2016, 11:38 AM
How long ago was that though, over a decade anyway they haven't achieved anything in the past decade its a much higher rated game of the pub team from Malta I agree but if the prices were based around what the club achieved a decade ago on a one off then its a bit harsh, I can't wait for it personally and was happy to pay the £22 but i think the pricing was definitely over the top.

norhfc
13-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Does anyone know how many Brøndby fans are expected at Easter Road ?

greenginger
13-07-2016, 12:28 PM
How long ago was that though, over a decade anyway they haven't achieved anything in the past decade its a much higher rated game of the pub team from Malta I agree but if the prices were based around what the club achieved a decade ago on a one off then its a bit harsh, I can't wait for it personally and was happy to pay the £22 but i think the pricing was definitely over the top.

Hearts are charging £ 12 and £ 6 for concessions for their tie.

Aberdeen are charging £ 24 and £ 12 for theirs.

DaveF
13-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Hardly any seats in my section of the west upper when I bought mine just now, which is in stark contrast to when I bought my Motherwell ticket :-)

GreenCastle
13-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Hardly any seats in my section of the west upper when I bought mine just now, which is in stark contrast to when I bought my Motherwell ticket :-)

Seems a decent day of sales today.

FF lower still very quiet but rest getting busier - hopefully more sales tomorrow.

wookie70
13-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Starting to look pretty healthy now. Hopefully it is a nice night and a good few walk up

muzzando
13-07-2016, 08:06 PM
3 more bought just now!!

B.H.F.C
13-07-2016, 08:15 PM
How's it looking now? All sections just show as being gray on my phone when I went on to have a look at the plan.

Dashing Bob S
13-07-2016, 08:17 PM
How's it looking now? All sections just show as being gray on my phone when I went on to have a look at the plan.

Practically bought out the whole FF upper so good

Dashing Bob S
13-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Not a dot counter but to my untrained eye West and East are both filling up quite nicely. Some work to do on the wings of the FF and the lower tier, despite my best efforts. Definitely a five-figure blighter. I'm thinking 11,500- 12,000 tomorrow.

we are hibs
13-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Not a dot counter but to my untrained eye West and East are both filling up quite nicely. Some work to do on the wings of the FF and the lower tier, despite my best efforts. Definitely a five-figure blighter. I'm thinking 11,500- 12,000 tomorrow.

yep. only individual seats in around 3 sections in the middle of the east with lots left in the 2 end sections; which is where I imagine the tickets that they sell from the PODS will be.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2016, 12:09 AM
Still looks to be poor. Around the 10k mark.

FromTheCapital
14-07-2016, 02:13 AM
Anything less than 14k would be pitiful.

Hibs90
14-07-2016, 04:20 AM

Agree hopefully there's a lot of latecomers today

green day
14-07-2016, 05:43 AM

Pitiful? Lots of people still on holiday, it's a crap time of year to be playing football.

10k would be about right.

Can't understand why some people obsess over attendance numbers.

Pete
14-07-2016, 05:53 AM
Pitiful? Lots of people still on holiday, it's a crap time of year to be playing football.

:agree:

...and nobody I know who is going has even bought tickets yet, including myself.

Is this going to be a regular part of our game now, this dot counting nonsense?

Edinburgh Green
14-07-2016, 05:57 AM

Yip, it's very Jambo-esque.

Keyser Sauzee
14-07-2016, 05:59 AM
How many fans do we think Brondby will bring over? I was at the Athens game but can't remember how many they brought with them, just that they were raj

Ringothedog
14-07-2016, 06:14 AM

...and nobody I know who is going has even bought tickets yet, including myself.

As I have stated previously the crowd will be what it will be, we have not over the last 2 months found an extra 140000 fans.

Our average crowds have been about 10k for the last 3 years, if we get more than that tonight then great but I am not going to be upset if we don't. Yes it would be nice to fill our ground on a regular basis.

The most important thing for me is that the fans who turn up tonight back the team vociferously and that the team give us a performance to be proud of.

theonlywayisup
14-07-2016, 06:19 AM

Funny that! A lot of people seem to be saying that Summer Football is the way forward!

KdyHby
14-07-2016, 06:21 AM
Driving up from Guildford, haven't bought my ticket yet.

el hibs
14-07-2016, 06:43 AM
Really looking forward to hearing ggtth tonight. Can't wait to sing 'Scottish Cup is in the bag'. A squad that deserves so much support and will be doing everything to win. That's how they do cup games. :flag:

hibs0666
14-07-2016, 07:30 AM
10,000 looks like this...

The Brondby game currently looks like this...

We haven't hit the 10K mark - maybe somewhere around 9,000. There will definitely be more than 10,000 at the game.

gaz1875
14-07-2016, 07:48 AM

We haven't hit the 10K mark - maybe somewhere around 9,000. There will definitely be more than 10,000 at the game.

This would not take into account any Brondby support.

mjhibby
14-07-2016, 07:48 AM

Indeed. Was desperately hoping the away leg would be first as I get back from hols on Saturday. Loads of Scots where I am on hols as it is the best time to go before the English schools split up and the prices rocket. 10,000 would be a decent crowd
Just need to win the Scottish cup again so I can take by wee guy to his first euro game.

EH54
14-07-2016, 07:56 AM
You will be able to take him to the next round :)

scoopyboy
14-07-2016, 08:13 AM

Decent summary but doesn't tell the whole story. There are more tickets sold in the East for tonight's match than there are season ticket holders for the East. I think due to some FF season ticket holders go to the East when their seasons aren't valid.

I think the East will sell out and then other areas will fill up quite quickly.

Greencore
14-07-2016, 08:33 AM
+1 ticket for east stand bought just now, ready to welcome back the Scottish cup champions!!!! GGTTH!!!!!

green&left
14-07-2016, 08:38 AM
Hearts are charging £ 12 and £ 6 for concessions for their tie.

Aberdeen are charging £ 24 and £ 12 for theirs.

Aberdeen's most expensive is £24 but to be fair to them the merkland and RDS stands are £15 for adults.

East stand is filling up nicely. Forecast is decent so hopefully a few people head down to buy tickets on the night.

HibernianJK
14-07-2016, 08:44 AM
Hearts are playing a Maltese pub team.

Hibs are playing Brondby who have appeared in the Group Stages of the Champions League not to mention the Quarter Finals of the European Cup and the Semi Finals of the UEFA Cup. They play in a much higher rated league than the SPFL.

By that reckoning you'd be looking at paying 80/90 quid to see Barcelona if they came to ER?

QMU-1875
14-07-2016, 08:44 AM
Needing a big push to get folk along tonight. People probably think I'm moaning but nothing beats following hibs and going to easter road for a big European night needs that atmosphere!

Zazu62
14-07-2016, 08:48 AM
How many have we sold ?

hibs0666
14-07-2016, 09:05 AM
Decent summary but doesn't tell the whole story. There are more tickets sold in the East for tonight's match than there are season ticket holders for the East. I think due to some FF season ticket holders go to the East when their seasons aren't valid.

I think the East will sell out and then other areas will fill up quite quickly.

Yup we're now over 10K. This is what 10K looks like...

This is where we are at as of 10am...

scoopyboy
14-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Yup we're now over 10K. This is what 10K looks like...

This is where we are at as of 10am...

I would think that some sections in the East may turn red later.

The FF hopefully will have sections turn from green to yellow later on today.

Looking a lot better than it did on Sunday.

St Pauli Hibee
14-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Still not fantastic, games don't come along like this an offy lot being a hibee so get down to Easter road tonight and cheer on the boys GGTTH

MyJo
14-07-2016, 09:30 AM
By that reckoning you'd be looking at paying 80/90 quid to see Barcelona if they came to ER?

A ticket to a competitive Hibs V Barcelona match would probably be about £35 to £40

we are hibs
14-07-2016, 10:40 AM
think we will get at least 11k for this now. what's the chances of the East selling out?

Carheenlea
14-07-2016, 11:25 AM

I would say it is more to do with regular fans hoping for more to join them in the stands, particularly for what will be our first European fixture in three years, and only our 44th or 45th? European tie.