PDA

View Full Version : Hibs vs Brondby Betting Odds

Sergey
09-07-2016, 06:36 PM
A couple of firms have priced up Thursday's match. Hibs 13/2 - Draw 13/4 - Brondby 2/5

I thought Brondby might be slight favourites, but 2/5 seems a ridiculously short price.

Big L
09-07-2016, 08:39 PM
How can a team that just won the Scottish Cup be priced at 13/2 against a Danish side, it beggars belief! They are obviously not aware that we are the conquerors of the mighty Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool and Napoli to name just a few. Someone should tell them about our history and put the fear of death in to them. GGTTH. Ha Ha !!

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 08:45 PM
Be lumping on Hibs at they odds.....

Marco G
09-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Be lumping on Hibs at they odds.....
When you win it pays for the trip to Denmark!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
09-07-2016, 09:27 PM
A couple of firms have priced up Thursday's match. Hibs 13/2 - Draw 13/4 - Brondby 2/5

I thought Brondby might be slight favourites, but 2/5 seems a ridiculously short price.

Brondby are probably the best team in the competition at this stage and we're just into pre-season. It does seem short with us at home though.

DC_Hibs
09-07-2016, 09:47 PM
Looks like they've priced this on our team being weaker than last season when they finished 3rd in Scotland's second tier.
Not influenced by the cup final result unlike so many fans seemed to be.

I was ready to have a few quid on Brondby now that I know we're treating it as a warm up game and will be underprepared as usual for a European game. Still we've added Holt to the squad at least. Loser's mentality all round so why not make a few quid out of it to cover Copenhagen Flight and Digs.

2/5 - nah.

seanshow
10-07-2016, 08:44 AM
Looks like they've priced this on our team being weaker than last season when they finished 3rd in Scotland's second tier.
Not influenced by the cup final result unlike so many fans seemed to be.

I was ready to have a few quid on Brondby now that I know we're treating it as a warm up game and will be underprepared as usual for a European game . Still we've added Holt to the squad at least. Loser's mentality all round so why not make a few quid out of it to cover Copenhagen Flight and Digs.

2/5 - nah.

This is the bit I don't get, the whole point of clubs outside Celtic is to win cups or get into Europe, and here we are this should be one of the biggest games of our season and it does not have that feel at all.
....and don't look at the eticketing stadium map for this game regarding ticket sales.

flash
10-07-2016, 09:20 AM
It beggars belief that people fail to understand that its simply not possible for Scottish teams to be at 100% for these games.
We would have to end the season in April and be back at the start of June.

DC_Hibs
10-07-2016, 09:27 AM
This is the bit I don't get, the whole point of clubs outside Celtic is to win cups or get into Europe, and here we are this should be one of the biggest games of our season and it does not have that feel at all.
....and don't look at the eticketing stadium map for this game regarding ticket sales.

Someone will be along shortly to tell you that the league is priority....... Can't do both apparently.
I just wish Lennon had been incentivised for getting through this Europa League tie in addition to his league winning bonus.

Get through this and we could be looking at a bumper tie against the likes of West Ham/Hertha/St Etienne, near full house, big TV money which could transform our budget for the season. It would also mean an improvement to our co-efficient so instead of facing a Brondby next time round we could also get some "easy" games like against Maltesers which many have been bemoaning but is due to HoMFC being seeded after actually winning a game or two in Europe unlike us.

lucky
10-07-2016, 09:28 AM
We are a bigger price than Valur were at home against Brondby. 13/2 is worth a wee punt but it does reflect our standing in football. We finished 3rd in the second tier of one the worst leagues in Europe. Aberdeen just lost to a team from Luxembourg. So it's understandable why we are such a big price.

Bobby's Cinema
10-07-2016, 09:37 AM
From what I can see there seems to be more confusion in the betting between ourselves and Hibernians of Malta!?

Hibernians FC Paola v Brondby IF, 14th July 2016 is listed everywhere :confused:

johnbc70
10-07-2016, 09:37 AM
Aberdeen got beat by a team from Luxembourg, what makes us think we can beat a top side from Denmark. Hope we win but those odds seem about right.

FitbaFolkKen
10-07-2016, 09:41 AM

I'm totally with you on this, the biggest prize for us in the league is a European place. So why is this place not as important because we are in the league below? This is our prize, this is what we should be aspiring for and yet it has been dismissed as a pre season friendly by many so that we can get into the top league and battle for a place in this competition.

Eyrie
10-07-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm totally with you on this, the biggest prize for us in the league is a European place. So why is this place not as important because we are in the league below? This is our prize, this is what we should be aspiring for and yet it has been dismissed as a pre season friendly by many so that we can get into the top league and battle for a place in this competition.

Because we are in the lower league and the priority has to be promotion to the top division.

If we were in the top division then it would be worthwhile starting our pre-season a couple of weeks earlier to prepare us for the European games, but under the circumstances our pre-season has to be based on that priority of promotion.

Sergey
10-07-2016, 09:50 AM
From what I can see there seems to be more confusion in the betting between ourselves and Hibernians of Malta!?

Hibernians FC Paola v Brondby IF, 14th July 2016 is listed everywhere :confused:

You are indeed correct. The match has been priced up incorrectly.

I thought there was something amiss with those odds and the bookies will undoubtedly cite a 'palpable error' if we chase the bigger odds.

I'd probably price Brondby at slight odds-on. They are never 2/5 chances.

Finn2015
10-07-2016, 10:23 AM
To be fair I think we are up against it in this tie. Odds maybe a bit to extreme but due to timing etc they are favourites

DTS
10-07-2016, 10:40 AM
What bookies are offering it, looked at sky bet paddy power bet365 and coral and not seen anything

FitbaFolkKen
10-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Because we are in the lower league and the priority has to be promotion to the top division.

If we were in the top division then it would be worthwhile starting our pre-season a couple of weeks earlier to prepare us for the European games, but under the circumstances our pre-season has to be based on that priority of promotion.

So we can compete for European places? I agree the league is the priority however I just don't think it should be dismissed so easily.

Killiehibbie
10-07-2016, 11:57 AM
What bookies are offering it, looked at sky bet paddy power bet365 and coral and not seen anything888, Unibet and 32 Red have Hibernians with an S on the end playing Bronby. Not one of them even a real bookie.

SunshineOnLeith
10-07-2016, 12:04 PM
UEFA have completely devalued European competition for all but the elite teams in the Champions League.

The Europa League is structured so that teams like us, Brondby etc get the 'honour' of qualifying for Europe but makes sure we get out of the way before the supposed Big Teams come in, who in turn don't really care about the competition because it gets in the way of their far more lucrative domestic league campaigns.

Winning the Scottish Cup now gets you the equivalent European campaign that you used to get for having a good fair play record and applying to the Intertoto Cup.

Big L
10-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Whether it's true or not, hibs won't be 13/2 after today!

Skåne Hibs
10-07-2016, 08:39 PM
Hibs are 33/20 now on the three sites mentioned above.

Baldy Foghorn
10-07-2016, 09:37 PM
Hibs are 33/20 now on the three sites mentioned above.

Bugger 13/2 looked a great bet......

Draw 11/5, Brondby 29/20

Iggy Pope
10-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Brondby are probably the best team in the competition at this stage and we're just into pre-season. It does seem short with us at home though.

Hate to tempt fate J, but they are in pre-season themselves I believe.

Steve-O
11-07-2016, 08:36 AM
UEFA have completely devalued European competition for all but the elite teams in the Champions League.

The Europa League is structured so that teams like us, Brondby etc get the 'honour' of qualifying for Europe but makes sure we get out of the way before the supposed Big Teams come in, who in turn don't really care about the competition because it gets in the way of their far more lucrative domestic league campaigns.

Winning the Scottish Cup now gets you the equivalent European campaign that you used to get for having a good fair play record and applying to the Intertoto Cup.

Agreed. European football is now, unfortunately, garbage. How UEFA think anyone is remotely attracted by 100 qualifying rounds before tournaments even properly start is beyond me.

vuefrom1875
11-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Best price 7/4.......!!

HibbySpurs
11-07-2016, 12:00 PM
As per usual the Betfair Exchange makes no mistake....

Hibs - 2.74
Bronby - 2.48
The Draw - 3.25

Far more realistic prices although maybe a it generous with Bronby :greengrin:

Obviously some bookies have ****ed this up but as Sergey says they will refuse to honor any bets placed at 13/2.

Big L
11-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Skybet, Hibs 9/5 Brondby 7/5 git yer cash on the Hibs GGTTH

jgl07
11-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Agreed. European football is now, unfortunately, garbage. How UEFA think anyone is remotely attracted by 100 qualifying rounds before tournaments even properly start is beyond me.
It's hardly the fault of the organisers that the USSR has split into 15 countries, Yugoslavia into 7 and Czechoslovakia into 2. That is before you factor in Gibraltar being admitted. They also merged the Inter-Toto and the UEFA cup.

It's Scotland's fault for being so crap that we have dropped down the pecking order so far. Not long ago the Scottish Cup winners made the Qualifying Round of the UEFA Cup and there were two teams in the Champions League.

Now Celtic have to go through three qualifying rounds to make the group stages when not longer ago they would have gone straight into there.

Itsnoteasy
12-07-2016, 06:51 PM

Where are you getting these prices from. Hibs are 2/1 with bet 365

Hermit Crab
12-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Where are you getting these prices from. Hibs are 2/1 with bet 365

It was a mistake by the bookie, they thought Hibernians of Malta are playing Brondby and priced them accordingly.

Itsnoteasy
12-07-2016, 07:30 PM
It was a mistake by the bookie, they thought Hibernians of Malta are playing Brondby and priced them accordingly.

Cheers

Hannah_hfc
12-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Ladbroke have both teams to score- Hibs win at 11/2, probably the most likely bet I'll stick on!

For anyone interested they have 23/10 for a Hibs win, 6/5 for a Brondby win.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Itsnoteasy
13-07-2016, 07:46 PM
100/30 Birkirkara against them. They beat West Ham last year only to go out in penalties over the 2 legs.

weecounty hibby
13-07-2016, 08:39 PM
It's hardly the fault of the organisers that the USSR has split into 15 countries, Yugoslavia into 7 and Czechoslovakia into 2. That is before you factor in Gibraltar being admitted. They also merged the Inter-Toto and the UEFA cup.

It's Scotland's fault for being so crap that we have dropped down the pecking order so far. Not long ago the Scottish Cup winners made the Qualifying Round of the UEFA Cup and there were two teams in the Champions League.

Now Celtic have to go through three qualifying rounds to make the group stages when not longer ago they would have gone straight into there.
But it is the fault of Uefa that what they have done is to try to protect the income of the big clubs from the big leagues to the detriment of the other 95% of clubs. All Euro comps were better when it was straight knockouts. Champions league!! They should be done under trades description for that nonsense.

Hermit Crab
14-07-2016, 12:10 AM
100/30 Birkirkara against them. They beat West Ham last year only to go out in penalties over the 2 legs.

5 or 6 of the players that played in that game are no longer with the club. Bet on that match with caution.

MWHIBBIES
14-07-2016, 01:05 AM
....and don't look at the eticketing stadium map for this game regarding ticket sales.It would be a big game if we were in the top league. Only 1 thing matters this season and if we have to sacrifice Europe to get promoted then so be it.

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-07-2016, 05:56 AM
Just been checking the main site, can't see anywhere on there where we are treating this game as a friendly :confused:

Pretty sure Neil Lennon will have them fired up for this one, regardless of what he says in the papers :aok:

Onion
14-07-2016, 08:25 AM

After beating Celtic, Sevco thought same in Scottish Cup. How did that turn out :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
14-07-2016, 04:13 PM
5 or 6 of the players that played in that game are no longer with the club. Bet on that match with caution.

Cheers

Waxy
14-07-2016, 04:16 PM

Especially if Hearts are wearing THAT top. The opposition might be too busy laughing.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Cummings 13/2 first scorer, havnae checked anywhere else, it just caught my eye in Laddies, decent price though.

FromTheCapital
14-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Hibs 11/5 with SkyBet which means Hibs are sitting at just over 2/1. Brondby priced 23/20 giving them the favourites tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-07-2016, 04:40 PM
23/10 @ Laddies.

BT58
14-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Btts and hibs win is 5/1 on skybet

Hannah_hfc
14-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Crazy bet time: popped a quid on Cummings first scorer, hibs 3-2 @ 200-1

It worked with stokes for the final :D

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk