PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Are you an adult using a youth or child ST?

Pages : [1] 2 3

NAE NOOKIE
09-07-2016, 05:55 PM
Lets face it some folk do and it wouldn't be the first time we have used a child's ticket to get an adult into ER ..... usually for someone who doesn't normally go when the child cant use it to be fair :greengrin

Anyway ..... I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but Hibs have announced on the Motherwell matchday information thread that as from that game and for the rest of the season there will be separate turnstiles for adult ST holders and adult & child / concession ST holders. There may be a perfectly innocent reason for that ... faster flow of entry perhaps?

But on the other hand Hibs may have noticed that ( for example ) 7,000 of the 10,000 STs we have just sold were bought by folk under 18 and folk over 65 and decided that its time to start actually start checking tickets against ages at the turnstiles.

I have a feeling that the ticket office may be preparing for a lot of folk phoning for upgrades to adult in the next few weeks and that our school night matches might be missing a few adults this season :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2016, 05:59 PM
About time Hibs clamped down on this,the next thing they need to do is make sure people using Student tickets are actually the person named on the ticket.

hibee
09-07-2016, 06:09 PM
I hope they're not suggesting that I should leave my kids to queue separately then try and find them once inside.

If they had any issues getting in they wouldn't have a clue what to do and I wouldn't know where they were, what a ridiculous idea.

There's already lights at the back of the turnstiles to show which category of ticket you have used.

Mr White
09-07-2016, 06:13 PM
I hope they're not suggesting that I should leave my kids to queue separately then try and find them once inside.

If they had any issues getting in they wouldn't have a clue what to do and I wouldn't know where they were, what a ridiculous idea.

There's already lights at the back of the turnstiles to show which category of ticket you have used.

I agree. If that's the plan it will cause more problems than it will solve.

hailhail22
09-07-2016, 06:14 PM

I don't think they are suggesting that, They are saying one queue for adults only with STs or a queue for adults with kids

Mr White
09-07-2016, 06:16 PM
I don't think they are suggesting that, They are saying one que for adults only with STs or a que for adults with kids

That makes much more sense :greengrin

hailhail22
09-07-2016, 06:18 PM
That makes much more sense :greengrin

That's just how I am reading it so don't quote me on that 😁

danhibees1875
09-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Obviously agree this should be policed. I know it goes on a lot at tynecastle for sure, I guess it's fair to assume it happens here too. As mentioned above though, the lights behind each turn style should indicate the level of ticket and could be policed that way if this was the issue...

hibee
09-07-2016, 06:31 PM
I don't think they are suggesting that, They are saying one queue for adults only with STs or a queue for adults with kids

Hopefully that's the case but the way it's worded isn't very clear.

Mibbes Aye
09-07-2016, 06:34 PM
Obviously agree this should be policed. I know it goes on a lot at tynecastle for sure, I guess it's fair to assume it happens here too. As mentioned above though, the lights behind each turn style should indicate the level of ticket and could be policed that way if this was the issue...

I guess the issue is that the club is trying to be efficient and staffing is the biggest cost by far. To monitor and manage all the lights all the time you would need a member of staff per light and then you're just as well not bothering with automated entry.

I've had times in my life where I've not been able to afford a season ticket. I wouldn't have dreamed of conning the club to get into matches. Anybody who does should have a word with themselves. You're not being a supporter if you're taking money off the club to show up.

I'm coming round to the view that the folk who do this are definitely the ones who are entirely responsible for our support's ills - the Oxley booboys, small number of racists etc and the boy behind me to my right last season who had it in for Fyvie regardless :greengrin

GreenLake
09-07-2016, 06:35 PM
If they sold alcohol and required a ticket to be shown it would cut out these tricks without the need to use retina scans, fingerprint readers, facial recognition or RFID chipping.

Just Jimmy
09-07-2016, 06:36 PM
That's what happens when you give away cup final tickets to folk who buy for the next season rather than the current season.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mutley
09-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Good, why should honest people pay full whack while others try and scam the club. I'm all for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2016, 06:49 PM
I know somebody that makes loads of money but hasn't paid for an Adult ST for years.

Just in case s/he might
:na na:

Name and shame the erse then.

hailhail22
09-07-2016, 06:49 PM
I guess the issue is that the club is trying to be efficient and staffing is the biggest cost by far. To monitor and manage all the lights all the time you would need a member of staff per light and then you're just as well not bothering with automated entry.

I've had times in my life where I've not been able to afford a season ticket. I wouldn't have dreamed of conning the club to get into matches. Anybody who does should have a word with themselves. You're not being a supporter if you're taking money off the club to show up.

I'm coming round to the view that the folk who do this are definitely the ones who are entirely responsible for our support's ills - the Oxley booboys, small number of racists etc and the boy behind me to my right last season who had it in for Fyvie regardless :greengrin

Am gutted can't afford a ST for next season, missed out on the 11 month payment plan, didn't realise they payment plan deadline date until the day after and with my first wee one on the way in a matter of weeks can't afford the other payment plan, probably could of found a way to get a kids ST to make it affordable, but I pay my way correctly so wouldn't do that 😝 Don't agree with anyone doing it at all.

Ken
09-07-2016, 06:52 PM
How much is it to upgrade from a child to an adult for say a £22 league game? My son won't use his season ticket this season but my wife might upgrade it for a few games

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2016, 06:55 PM
How much is it to upgrade from a child to an adult for say a £22 league game? My son won't use his season ticket this season but my wife might upgrade it for a few games

The announcement is working then :-)

OsloHibs
09-07-2016, 06:58 PM
If folk want to use their kids tickets, well isn't it better that rather than the seat being empty?

Billy Whizz
09-07-2016, 07:00 PM

£10 a game I think, as a child's ticket is usually £12 for a game

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2016, 07:01 PM
If folk want to use their kids tickets, well isn't it better that rather than the seat being empty?

Makes no difference to the club if it is empty as it has been paid for at a child's price.If an adult wants to use it they should pay the difference and upgrade per game.

Pete
09-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Apart from the fact it's a bit fraudulent, I simply wouldn't have the nerve. There's usually always a steward behind the turnstile and just imagine the embarrassment of getting caught. Out you go mate and come back after you've queued up for a proper ticket!

What needs to be clamped down on is the upgrading a kids season ticket to an adults paper ticket for every game. That's a Loophole that allows a cheap adult season ticket to be purchased in the FF lower and a limit of five or six upgrades a season would fix it.

hibsbollah
09-07-2016, 07:08 PM
I know someone that's been doing it for years. The operators barely even blink, apparently. If I thought it would make any difference I'd confront him about it, but he's an erse.

Jay
09-07-2016, 07:10 PM
I know they are clamping down on the students. My sons ST never arrived with the rest and when I emailed to ask if it was coming they said the students were being checked before they went out and asked me when he'd be able to show his matriculation card.

Brightside
09-07-2016, 07:16 PM
About time.

1875STEVE
09-07-2016, 07:19 PM
In my group, we have four people.

I'm the only one who can't afford an ST and will be pay at the gate.

To make sure I can sit beside them, I bought a child ST for £25.

Id never con the club, il buy a random ticket at full price, and give the kids ST to someone for free outside.

Then swap back when I get inside and sit in the ST seat beside my group.

scooby
09-07-2016, 07:51 PM
They must have had a huge surge in sales of £25 kids season tickets, to consider doing this.

Bishop Hibee
09-07-2016, 07:58 PM
I know some people have done this for years. I agree with Hibs clamping down on it. There needs to be a mechanism for people to upgrade a concession ST to a full price one for individual games though.

1875STEVE
09-07-2016, 08:05 PM
I know some people have done this for years. I agree with Hibs clamping down on it. There needs to be a mechanism for people to upgrade a concession ST to a full price one for individual games though.

Only way I know of is at the ticket office before the game, but you need to be there early. queues normally mean missing start of game.

HibeeLR
09-07-2016, 08:12 PM
last season for the Falkirk playoff game at ER I couldn't attend, so instead of my old man buying an adult ticket I bought the concession on my ST so he could use it and that's the only time I've done such a thing 😆
Fair enough that hibs want to clamp down on things like this, I have bought a concession for next season, have sent hibs an enrolment email from university, but they still insist on me sending proof of my student card once I recieve it so it is fairly hard to get around this for non students now, which is good I guess 👍

Danderhall Hibs
09-07-2016, 08:28 PM
About time. I thought they were going to do something about it when they stuck the traffic lights up a couple of years ago.

stoneyburn hibs
09-07-2016, 08:30 PM
I think that there will be dozens doing this.

kevinc
09-07-2016, 09:16 PM
I think that there will be dozens doing this.

I think that there will be hundreds doing it.

GreenArmy1875
09-07-2016, 09:38 PM
I can see why the club may be annoyed but sometimes the prices last season against part time clubs were far too high and club should take 15 rather than nothing if people can't afford/not willing to pay.

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 09:44 PM
I can see why the club may be annoyed but sometimes the prices last season against part time clubs were far too high and club should take 15 rather than nothing if people can't afford/not willing to pay.

So you think it's OK to cheat the club out of money then?

GreenArmy1875
09-07-2016, 09:57 PM
So you think it's OK to cheat the club out of money then?

Nope but some folk can't pay that much and that's why they do it. Football is getting expensive these days and not all fans can find the money we are charging

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2016, 09:58 PM

Nonsense really.

CropleyWasGod
09-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Nope but some folk can't pay that much and that's why they do it. Football is getting expensive these days and not all fans can find the money we are charging

By that argument, shops should just accept what people are prepared to pay.

Finn2015
09-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Do people get away with it? Don't think I would at six foot two and broad shouldered with a beard 😳

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 10:01 PM

Heard it all now.....:wink:

Lago
09-07-2016, 10:03 PM
I know someone that's been doing it for years. The operators barely even blink, apparently. If I thought it would make any difference I'd confront him about it, but he's an erse.
I am reading this & just can't believe people would do it, maybe I am nieve or of a certain generation. If it is a problem hopefully the club will kill it stone dead.

GreenArmy1875
09-07-2016, 10:06 PM
By that argument, shops should just accept what people are prepared to pay.

Not really. Yeah you could decide not to go to ER and watch amateur football instead but the club do need to open up to people who can't afford it and find ways to get fans in through the gates more. Clubs have tried it in the past/England (not sure success rate)

I'm not saying it's right but can see why people would do it.

Jay
09-07-2016, 10:07 PM

That argument isnt about being able to afford then, its about choosing to what to pay. Huge difference. If i walked into scotmid and said i wasnt willing to pay full price for a bottle of juice and handed over a couple of pennys instead im sure theyd have something to say.

If we expect decent signings and new contracts for key players to get us out of this league, cheating the club out of money isnt the answer.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-07-2016, 10:08 PM
My student card expired 2013, it was very easily changed to look like 2018.

CropleyWasGod
09-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Not really. Yeah you could decide not to go to ER and watch amateur football instead but the club do need to open up to people who can't afford it and find ways to get fans in through the gates more. Clubs have tried it in the past/England (not sure success rate)

I'm not saying it's right but can see why people would do it.

Yes really.

The club, or the shop, set the price. The customer decides that he can't afford it, and makes a unilateral decision to pay less. The club or the shop have no choice in the matter.

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2016, 10:12 PM

So did you falsify it and defraud the club?

Nicho87
09-07-2016, 10:17 PM
I expect there will be a surge of sales for gillette mack 3s

ian cruise
09-07-2016, 10:18 PM
I can't afford a season ticket at full price. Means I pick and chose what games I attend. I wish I could go to more but that's just the way it is. I wouldn't buy a concession season ticket as personally it just seems wrong to do so.

brianmc
09-07-2016, 10:21 PM
*as an aside: it really 'rips ma knitting' when people say fitba is too expensive. Most(not all, I know) mean "ah cannae afford tae huv 6 pints then pay 20+ quid tae get in the fitba -it's a disgrace".......
Eh???? Try gaun sober ya radge!

MOST - and, yes I know it's not all- of the people that claim they've been priced out of football still manage to go for their pints..
So it's **** all to do with pricing and 100% to do with those individuals personal priorities.

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 10:21 PM
That argument isnt about being able to afford then, its about choosing to what to pay. Huge difference. If i walked into scotmid and said i wasnt willing to pay full price for a bottle of juice and handed over a couple of pennys instead im sure theyd have something to say.

If we expect decent signings and new contracts for key players to get us out of this league, cheating the club out of money isnt the answer.

:top marks

scooby
09-07-2016, 10:26 PM
I'd wager that those free loading are also likely to be amongst the most vocal about the clubs failings!
It's a bit of a kick in the teeth to those who do pay the going rate and contribute to the club in many other ways.

DTS
09-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Not sure it's the right thread but I am a student season ticket holder and have purchased a ticket for Thursday, however my card hasn't been sent to me although I qualify for a new one as I was a cup top up holder last season. My ticket for Thursday has been "added" but surely last seasons card won't work due to the cup top up? Got an email last week from the ticket office saying it couldn't be sent until I have filled in a form saying I'll have ID to show by October and it's to be officially stamped by my uni/college but as I'm just back from holiday I haven't been able to get to the office and also as of yet am unaware of the uni I will be at after summer due to waiting for college results

Sir David Gray
09-07-2016, 10:28 PM
If I need to send in proof that I receive DLA for an indefinite period of time before being allowed to purchase a disabled season ticket then it is absolutely correct that this is being clamped down on.

CapitalGreen
09-07-2016, 10:29 PM
To me it's like tax evasion - if everyone paid their fair share it would be end up costing less for everyone. The club has a budget to meet and by defrauding the club of money, those who are honest end up paying more in higher ticket prices to cover the shortfall.

seanshow
09-07-2016, 10:38 PM
I hope they introduce a more secure system and it works, and produces more funds for the club. Like others I pay the full £380 and wouldn't dream of ripping the club off even though I don't have the income.

--------
09-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Makes no difference to the club if it is empty as it has been paid for at a child's price.If an adult wants to use it they should pay the difference and upgrade per game.

Exactly. I have a concessionary ST - I'm over 65. The club has my cash for the ST; but if I lend it to someone i his 30's and he doesn't pay the mark-up the club's out of pocket.

Some of us are very clear about what the club, the manager, the CEO, the players all should or should not be doing. Well - as supporters we have the choice - either pay the going rate for entrance to the stadium on match-day, or stay home. Adults younger than 65 going in on concessionary tickets - kids', students' or OAPs' - are conning the club they profess to support out of much needed revenue. They are in effect getting in for nothing, and I for one wouldn't be happy lending my ST to anyone on that basis.

NAE NOOKIE
09-07-2016, 10:39 PM
My post was just a heads up for folk coz it would be pretty embarrassing to get caught doing it ....... I know that some folk use concession / kids tickets on occasion and I wasn't making a judgment on them for it, as I've said I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that adults have used our kids tickets in the past.

What I am surprised at is a few folk trying to justify it ..... its doing the club out of money pure and simple, on the few occasions we have done it the folk using the ticket wouldn't have gone to the game otherwise, but that doesn't change the fact that an adult gained admission for the price of a child ticket and its not the right thing to be doing.

The other thing I would say on the subject is that if Hibs have indeed introduced this policy to stop adults using child or concession tickets, it would surely have been fairer and more up front of them to have publicised it before the season ticket sales started, rather than after 10,000 folk had purchased .... I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't a couple of hundred folk out there who will be in touch with the ticket office in the next few weeks looking to upgrade their tickets :greengrin

Given that Hibs have kind of sprung this on folk, after years of turning a blind eye, I would certainly hope that nobody contacting the TO would be given a hard time, though in all honesty I cant see how they would be.

Mibbes Aye
09-07-2016, 10:40 PM
In my group, we have four people.

I'm the only one who can't afford an ST and will be pay at the gate.

To make sure I can sit beside them, I bought a child ST for £25.

Id never con the club, il buy a random ticket at full price, and give the kids ST to someone for free outside.

Then swap back when I get inside and sit in the ST seat beside my group.

I'm sorry you can't afford a full ST but what you're saying is that two adults are getting into ER and what's being paid for is an adult walk-up and a kid's ST. So the club is being conned.

I'd wager that those free loading are also likely to be amongst the most vocal about the clubs failings!
It's a bit of a kick in the teeth to those who do pay the going rate and contribute to the club in many other ways.

The other aspect is that most people pick the seats with the best view available. Anyone cheating on their ST is taking a better seat away from the next person who buys one at the right price.

It is conning the club but it's also conning their fellow fans.

I just don't get the idea of calling yourself a supporter but trying to rip off the club.

HibeeLR
09-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Not sure it's the right thread but I am a student season ticket holder and have purchased a ticket for Thursday, however my card hasn't been sent to me although I qualify for a new one as I was a cup top up holder last season. My ticket for Thursday has been "added" but surely last seasons card won't work due to the cup top up? Got an email last week from the ticket office saying it couldn't be sent until I have filled in a form saying I'll have ID to show by October and it's to be officially stamped by my uni/college but as I'm just back from holiday I haven't been able to get to the office and also as of yet am unaware of the uni I will be at after summer due to waiting for college results

I was also asked to fill in that form, however they accepted an email that confirmed I would be at university next year and they just asked for me to send my ID once I start 👍 If you have an email about a uni offer of a place or acceptance etc they should accept that instead of that form.

stoneyburn hibs
09-07-2016, 10:44 PM

Agree, it's a bloody cheek and annoying that this is happening. From a personal point of view my son has just turned 18 so adult price for him now, it's galling if there are guys possibly twice his age at the madam.

LioNeilMessi
09-07-2016, 10:48 PM
Child ST combined with turnstile automation and print at home tickets, it's incredibly easy to rip off the club. I'm surprised it's taken this long for the club to make a decent effort to check tickets.

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2016, 10:53 PM
My post was just a heads up for folk coz it would be pretty embarrassing to get caught doing it ....... I know that some folk use concession / kids tickets on occasion and I wasn't making a judgment on them for it, as I've said I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that adults have used our kids tickets in the past.

What I am surprised at is a few folk trying to justify it ..... its doing the club out of money pure and simple, on the few occasions we have done it the folk using the ticket wouldn't have gone to the game otherwise, but that doesn't change the fact that an adult gained admission for the price of a child ticket and its not the right thing to be doing.

The other thing I would say on the subject is that if Hibs have indeed introduced this policy to stop adults using child or concession tickets, it would surely have been fairer and more up front of them to have publicised it before the season ticket sales started, rather than after 10,000 folk had purchased .... I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't a couple of hundred folk out there who will be in touch with the ticket office in the next few weeks looking to upgrade their tickets :greengrin

Given that Hibs have kind of sprung this on folk, after years of turning a blind eye, I would certainly hope that nobody contacting the TO would be given a hard time, though in all honesty I cant see how they would be.

What, fairer of them to publicise that adults have to pay adult prices? I don't think they needed to do that at all,furthermore anyone found trying to defraud by using a child's ST should have that ticket confiscated with no reimbursement in my opinion.

Ringothedog
09-07-2016, 10:59 PM
What, fairer of them to publicise that adults have to pay adult prices? I don't think they needed to do that at all,furthermore anyone found trying to defraud by using a child's ST should have that ticket confiscated with no reimbursement in my opinion.

Couldn't agree more

Cocaine&Caviar
09-07-2016, 11:14 PM
So did you falsify it and defraud the club?

On about four occasions, but my perspective is that i couldnt afford to go otherwise. When there is 10,000 empty seats i see it as them getting an extra £10-£15 that they wouldnt have otherwise.

1875STEVE
09-07-2016, 11:17 PM
I'm sorry you can't afford a full ST but what you're saying is that two adults are getting into ER and what's being paid for is an adult walk-up and a kid's ST. So the club is being conned.

The other aspect is that most people pick the seats with the best view available. Anyone cheating on their ST is taking a better seat away from the next person who buys one at the right price.

It is conning the club but it's also conning their fellow fans.

I just don't get the idea of calling yourself a supporter but trying to rip off the club.

No there not, I'm paying full price, and I'm giving a kid a kids season ticket that's bought and paid for at the proper price.

Yes I do call myself a "proper fan". Held a st for 15 years solid until I couldn't afford it all in one outlay, so pay at the gate now.

also pay, a little, every month into the hsl.

As for the best seats, there's been 12,000 empty seats every week, I'm sure they can find one...

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2016, 11:21 PM
On about four occasions, but my perspective is that i couldnt afford to go otherwise. When there is 10,000 empty seats i see it as them getting an extra £10-£15 that they wouldnt have otherwise.

So you defraud the club but think you can justify it.

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-07-2016, 11:25 PM
I've also seen people with spare season tickets (probably their friends/family's that can't go that day for whatever reason) selling the one-off entry into the East stand for less than the entry fee.

Mibbes Aye
09-07-2016, 11:27 PM
No there not, I'm paying full price, and I'm giving a kid a kids season ticket that's bought and paid for at the proper price.

So every home game you're outside the stand giving a kid a free ticket. Really?

I'm not saying you're not telling the truth but it sounds bizarre. Are you just wandering up to an adult accompanying a kid and asking if they are walk-ups and if so, saying "Here's a ticket". How does that work - I wouldn't want my kid sitting in some random seat number :confused:

Mibbes Aye
09-07-2016, 11:31 PM

Yes I do call myself a "proper fan". Held a st for 15 years solid until I couldn't afford it all in one outlay, so pay at the gate now.

As for the best seats, there's been 12,000 empty seats every week, I'm sure they can find one...

I see you've edited your post while I made my previous reply :greengrin

If we have sold 11,000 or thereabouts then there's clearly not 12,000 empty seats. Regardless, my point still stands. Every ST taken under false premises means less choice for the next supporter who pays the right price. That's not right, is it?

1875STEVE
09-07-2016, 11:45 PM
So every home game you're outside the stand giving a kid a free ticket. Really?

I'm not saying you're not telling the truth but it sounds bizarre. Are you just wandering up to an adult accompanying a kid and asking if they are walk-ups and if so, saying "Here's a ticket". How does that work - I wouldn't want my kid sitting in some random seat number :confused:

Nope, I buy an adult tkt, and if I see anyone paying cash at the pods when I go in, I offer the tkt, ive never really thought about where they sit, but the stands normally half empty, I assumed they would find two emptys together. I bought the kids st so I can sit in that seat beside the folk I go with, and as I see it, extra cash to hibs as I'm paying for an adult tkt. Also saves on time queueing at the tkt office before game to upgrade for the day.

When I had my last full st, I bought one in my sons name, who cant go yet due to learning difficulties, only £25, extra cash to hibs.

Now I cant afford the adult one.

Tbh I couldn't really care who believes me, I'm putting cash into the club at a level I can afford.

1875STEVE
09-07-2016, 11:52 PM
I see you've edited your post while I made my previous reply :greengrin

If we have sold 11,000 or thereabouts then there's clearly not 12,000 empty seats. Regardless, my point still stands. Every ST taken under false premises means less choice for the next supporter who pays the right price. That's not right, is it?

Posting on a *****y old Moby phone, hit post before I meant to.

No sorry, don't agree.

I cant afford a full ST in one go, I'm paying through the gate every week at full price, id say ive got as much right as anyone else, to sit in any seat I want.

Its not taken in false premises, the person coming through the gate with it has never been an adult.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-07-2016, 11:55 PM

Yes.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2016, 12:51 AM
This is hilarious. "It's ok cos that's what I can afford"

I've got the tesco shop to do in the morning, think I'll give that line a bash. Probably offer £20 for my £60 quid shop - it's £20 more than they'd get if I stole the lot.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 01:05 AM

I've got the tesco shop to do in the morning, think I'll give that line a bash. Probably offer £20 for my £60 quid shop - it's £20 more than they'd get if I stole the lot.

:greengrin

Then throw a strop if you don't get Clubcard points on the full £60 :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2016, 01:10 AM

Then throw a strop if you don't get Clubcard points on the full £60 :agree:

Of course. Loyalty points are very important to me.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-07-2016, 01:13 AM

A better example would be if you did your £60 shop at the self service, but it only asked for £20; would you really put in an extra £40?

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 01:15 AM
Posting on a *****y old Moby phone, hit post before I meant to.

No sorry, don't agree.

I cant afford a full ST in one go, I'm paying through the gate every week at full price, id say ive got as much right as anyone else, to sit in any seat I want.

Its not taken in false premises, the person coming through the gate with it has never been an adult.

I don't think you understood my post.

Say we sold 5,000 STs by May 1st. Some of those were adults, paying child prices. You go to buy a ST on May 2nd and you've got less choice, worse seats, because somebody's cheated the system.

How's that fair?

As for your comment about paying full price, you buy a ticket for a seat that Hibs allocate. Why can you sit in any seat you want?

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 01:16 AM
Of course. Loyalty points are very important to me.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2016, 01:17 AM
A better example would be if you did your £60 shop at the self service, but it only asked for £20; would you really put in an extra £40?

I don't think that's a better example.

Definitely be parking in a disabled space as well though.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 01:18 AM

That doesn't stand up. This is about making a conscious decision to say you're something you're not - at the expense of the club we profess to love.

Pete
10-07-2016, 01:22 AM

I'll put this in the same category as your stuff regarding McGinn having a medical at Sheffield Wednesday: trolling.

Another guy trying to justify it used the phrase "bottled it" and "hibsed it" fairly recently and has Roland Edge as his avatar so at least you're not the most obvious one.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-07-2016, 01:23 AM
That doesn't stand up. This is about making a conscious decision to say you're something you're not - at the expense of the club we profess to love.

But not when read in association with my previous comment; if i go to four games at £10-£15 that i wouldnt have without the fault in the process/system, the club is technically gaining from me doing so...

Cocaine&Caviar
10-07-2016, 01:24 AM
I'll put this in the same category as your stuff regarding McGinn having a medical at Sheffield Wednesday: trolling.

Another guy trying to justify it used the phrase "bottled it" and "hibsed it" fairly recently and has Roland Edge as his avatar so at least you're not the most obvious one.

Im not sure id classify that as trolling.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2016, 01:28 AM
But not when read in association with my previous comment; if i go to four games at £10-£15 that i wouldnt have without the fault in the process/system, the club is technically gaining from me doing so...

The "fault in the process" is that you've forged a student card.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-07-2016, 01:31 AM
The "fault in the process" is that you've forged a student card.

The fault in the process is that you only have to show it once when you buy a ST/match ticket, to an overworked or understaffed ticket office. The requirement to show at every match at the gate upon entry would inprove this.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2016, 01:33 AM
The fault in the process is that you only have to show it once when you buy a ST/match ticket, to an overworked or understaffed ticket office. The requirement to show at every match at the gate upon entry would inprove this.

That's one fault I agree.

The bigger fault is someone forging a card.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-07-2016, 01:34 AM
That's one fault I agree.

The bigger fault is someone forging a card.

That is the world we live in unfortunately.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2016, 01:38 AM

Lack of personal responsibility in the world is massive. Folk like you just aren't willing to take any.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 01:38 AM

Why not just give Hibs the money you should.

Beefster
10-07-2016, 01:39 AM

I bet there are shoplifters and pickpockets that justify their thievery in the same way.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-07-2016, 01:40 AM
Why not just give Hibs the money you should.

As I've mentioned. If i was paying £25 a ticket i would not be able to justify or afford attending.

BSEJVT
10-07-2016, 01:42 AM

Wrong, that is the world you choose to inhabit.

Take some personal responsibility and show some honour and pride in yourself.

If people don't aspire to be better and do better then society is headed straight down the ****ter in a race to the bottom.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 01:45 AM
As I've mentioned. If i was paying £25 a ticket i would be able to justify or afford attending.

I assume you mean you can't justify paying £25.

Are there other things you game or is it just Hibs, out of interest, I'm not judging?

Cocaine&Caviar
10-07-2016, 01:46 AM
Wrong, that is the world you choose to inhabit.

Take some personal responsibility and show some honour and pride in yourself.

If people don't aspire to be better and do better then society is headed straight down the ****ter in a race to the bottom.

On a different subject matter i might be inclined to agree, but not when as i mentioned me attending 4 games x £15 is giving the club £60; whereas me attending maybe 2 games x £25 is giving them £50 and one less fan on a 50% full stadium.

If there was a lack of supply to demand, or if i was costing someone else a seat i would perhaps feel guilty, but not in this case...

BSEJVT
10-07-2016, 01:52 AM
On a different subject matter i might be inclined to agree, but not when as i mentioned me attending 4 games x £15 is giving the club £60; whereas me attending maybe 2 games x £25 is giving them £50 and one less fan on a 50% full stadium.

If there was a lack of supply to demand, or if i was costing someone else a seat i would perhaps feel guilty, but not in this case...

Let's suppose for a moment you are justified, which sadly you are not.

If everyone who attends the games adopted the same approach the clubs revenue would fall like a stone and the impact on the clubs fortunes would be dramatic.

How do you feel about your fellow supporters subsidising you to attend games and see a better product on the park?, so as you can defraud the club and save a few quid.

I am sorry there is no way you can justify your actions.

I get entirely the fact that folk can't afford to attend every game and that's a shame but the answer is to save up and attend those they can, not rip the club and their fellow supporters off.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-07-2016, 01:56 AM
Let's suppose for a moment you are justified, which sadly you are not.

If everyone who attends the games adopted the same approach the clubs revenue would fall like a stone and the impact on the clubs fortunes would be dramatic.

How do you feel about your fellow supporters subsidising you to attend games and see a better product on the park', so as you can defraud the club and save a few quid.

I am sorry there is no way you can justify your actions.

As mentioned at present i am exploiting a flaw in the system, and should the club put something in place to resolve this, and stop what you have described occuring, then i would hold no resentment or even be annoyed in all honesty. At present i am making the most of an opportunity that has presented itself to me, in that i am lucky my expiry date showed a 3 rather than a 2 or 4.

I would be interested to know if the people on their 'moral high horses' apply the same viewpoint to TV licenses which again can be easily exploited, and viewed by many as not justifiable. Are people as defensive of the BBC on the issue as they are with this debate, which i believe may be viewed differently because its Hibs.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 02:00 AM

That's a pretty mealy-mouthed excuse and it doesn't stop you sounding like a cheapskate, sorry.

You're embarrassing yourself, you claim to be a Hibs fan but you look to save money for yourself that you should be giving to the club. Did you make up the money you scored with a donation to Dnipro or KicksForKids?

Over to you.

BSEJVT
10-07-2016, 02:02 AM
As mentioned at present i am exploiting a flaw in the system, and should the club put something in place to resolve this, and stop what you have described occuring, then i would hold no resentment or even be annoyed in all honesty. At present i am making the most of an opportunity that has presented itself to me, in that i am lucky my expiry date showed a 3 rather than a 2 or 4.

Great well done you

If an opportunity presented itself to rob your neighbours or **** your best pals wife would you take those too?

What about stealing a charity tin?

It's big of you not to feel resentment at the club for stopping freeloaders like you.

I have tried to keep this exchange civil to this point but your attitude just astounds me and does you no credit at all.

You are a thief plain and simple and I would respect you more for admitting that fact rather than your pathetic attempts at justifying the unjustifiable.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-07-2016, 02:03 AM
That's a pretty mealy-mouthed excuse and it doesn't stop you sounding like a cheapskate, sorry.

You're embarrassing yourself, you claim to be a Hibs fan but you look to save money for yourself that you should be giving to the club. Did you make up the money you scored with a donation to Dnipro or KicksForKids?

Over to you.

Firstly, not entirely sure what 'mealy-mouthed' means.

Secondly, if you took the time to read the message you are replying to, you would see that me attending four games which i can justify at student prices rather than two at full price, actually gives more money to the club? Its your lack of ability to do basic maths or read that is embarassing in this case.

Pete
10-07-2016, 02:04 AM

You're doctoring your student card to gain entry for cheaper than you should. It's nothing whatsoever to do with the system. It's almost as if you are trying to blame the club for not doing enough to keep dishonest rats from abusing it.

P.s. For what it's worth I don't believe you and think you are either trolling (like your McGinn nonsense) or are trying to tarnish our name by suggesting we have an element of dishonest, devious supporters. I'll leave it to others to waste their time on this.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 02:07 AM

Yes.

Your choice of word. Own it.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 02:11 AM

Secondly, if you took the time to read the message you are replying to, you would see that me attending four games which i can justify at student prices rather than two at full price, actually gives more money to the club? Its your lack of ability to do basic maths or read that is embarassing in this case.

Oh, sorry, like there's this thing called Google, you'll be fine :agree:

Greencore
10-07-2016, 04:07 AM
ATTENTION; please do not let this thread be seen By Rod Petrie, he will have a heart attack.

Time For Heroes
10-07-2016, 04:13 AM
anyone else see the irony in the username cocaine & caviar? :greengrin

Greencore
10-07-2016, 04:16 AM

😂

GreenLake
10-07-2016, 04:59 AM

I suspect he has consumed a larger amount of the former.

Ken
10-07-2016, 05:48 AM
The announcement is working then :-)

:-)

My son is only 4 months old, so his season ticket is more for sentimental value than anything, plus it's another £75 in Lennon's transfer kitty.

Anyone West Lower that wants to bring their kid on the odd occasion just let me know and I can meet them outside the main stand before the game*.

P.s. I'm not offering to look after them too :-)

Pete
10-07-2016, 06:09 AM
I suspect he has consumed a larger amount of the former.

Probably saw an opportunity and bumped the dealer too.

hibsbollah
10-07-2016, 06:21 AM

I think c&c has been using a hook and line...

Scouse Hibee
10-07-2016, 06:31 AM
I think c&c has been using a hook and line...

And failed miserably.

Brooster
10-07-2016, 06:37 AM
This news will bring some folk out in a cold sweat!!

tartanhibee
10-07-2016, 07:18 AM
So forgive me for being thick, I can't quite work out if I can go through the same turnstile as my son, as I wouldn't be keen to send him through one and me through another (he is only 4).

I suspect this won't be the case but the interpretation of the information is a separate turnstile for aldult & kids/concessions.

easty
10-07-2016, 07:40 AM

I totally agree that people shouldn't be ripping off the club, couldn't help but laugh at this though. It's a bit strong for the circumstance don't you think?

DR1875
10-07-2016, 07:42 AM
What got me into following my team was the then known "lift over".Mad dad didn't keep well so my cousin took me. I would never have been able to go to the game if it wasn't for that. Maybe in life there is times when affordability comes into play, so do we except a Hibbee to watch a game for a tenner or leave him in the house with an empty seat at Easter Road. We are supposed to be a family personally I would rather have him/her at the match getting a break from the stresses of life. Thats why they started St Patricks.

Hibrandenburg
10-07-2016, 07:52 AM

No the better example is, you take £60 worth of goods from the shelf and put €40 directly into your bag and only show £20 worth at the checkouts hoping nobody notices your already bulging shopping bag.

Hibrandenburg
10-07-2016, 08:01 AM
One thing this thread has taught me is not to take seriously posts that start with "well I'm a season ticket holder and.....".

Speedy
10-07-2016, 08:02 AM
No the better example is, you take £60 worth of goods from the shelf and put €40 directly into your bag and only show £20 worth at the checkouts hoping nobody notices your already bulging shopping bag.

It's not really like that at all.

3pm
10-07-2016, 08:03 AM
Hibs set the prices. It couldn't be any clearer.

You then have a choice. Pay it or don't go.

If you get busted for this, it's your own fault. It's not for you to decide what's value for money after Hibs set the prices.

Dibben
10-07-2016, 08:09 AM
So forgive me for being thick, I can't quite work out if I can go through the same turnstile as my son, as I wouldn't be keen to send him through one and me through another (he is only 4).

I suspect this won't be the case but the interpretation of the information is a separate turnstile for aldult & kids/concessions..

Hibs have since clarified on Twitter
There is a Adult AND Child turnstile, and a separate Adult turnstile.

@Rover416SLi @HibsNews1875 The turnstile will be for adult+child ticket holders, so kids won't be separated from their guardian.

1875STEVE
10-07-2016, 08:12 AM
I don't think you understood my post.

Say we sold 5,000 STs by May 1st. Some of those were adults, paying child prices. You go to buy a ST on May 2nd and you've got less choice, worse seats, because somebody's cheated the system.

How's that fair?

As for your comment about paying full price, you buy a ticket for a seat that Hibs allocate. Why can you sit in any seat you want?

Not necessarily, what if I chose the print at home option???

I can pick and sit in, any free seat I want.

HibbySpurs
10-07-2016, 08:29 AM

Hibs have since clarified on Twitter
There is a Adult AND Child turnstile, and a separate Adult turnstile.

@Rover416SLi @HibsNews1875 The turnstile will be for adult+child ticket holders, so kids won't be separated from their guardian.

That's good, didn't fancy sending my 9yo through on his own although he'd probably have been OK as his big sister at 14 is pretty sensible.

On the subject of ripping the club off its an utter disgrace and those doing it are not true Hibs supporters in my opinion as the term supporter indicates a person who supports an entity in some manner or other, in our case paying for tickets/st's which helps support the club financially. Anyone trying to buy a cheap ticket like a kids st for an adult is by definition asking the club to support them instead of them supporting the club! Anyone caught doing so should be named and made persona non grata at ER.

As above I have 3st's for the FF lower, an adult, a youth and a child and the thought of trying to buy any other combinations to "save" a few quid would never have occurred to me.

The FF lower deals offer people like me a chance to take my kids (future full price supporters) at an affordable rate and anyone abusing that is bang out of order.

I wouldn't hesitate to report someone to the club for doing so.

Onceinawhile
10-07-2016, 08:45 AM

You could have got an adult season ticket using the 10 month payment plan? Or the 4 month one.

In fact you still could.

carnoustiehibee
10-07-2016, 08:46 AM
Hibs set the prices. It couldn't be any clearer.

You then have a choice. Pay it or don't go.

If you get busted for this, it's your own fault. It's not for you to decide what's value for money after Hibs set the prices.

And then moan when fans can't afford the 500 quid for him and his kids ticket or £35 every other week.

wookie70
10-07-2016, 09:00 AM

There is nothing embarrassing about challenging a thief.

If you have £60 available: go to 2 games at £22 and one of the cheap cup games at £10 or £15. Spend the remainder on whatever you fancy and have a clear conscience.

If we are being flippant regarding someone's ability to do maths then I would consider purchasing a dictionary to learn how to spell embarrassing. You should be well versed in the variants of embarrass as from my point of view you are an embarrassment to the club.

Doing what you are doing is theft plain and simple. If you are like most of us in terms of your love for Hibs then it is the worst kind of theft - stealing from your own family.

Hibrandenburg
10-07-2016, 09:00 AM
It's not really like that at all.

Not much difference. You're only paying for part of the products you're taking and hoping no one notices the rest.

ben johnson
10-07-2016, 09:02 AM
There are people working for free behind the scenes to raise money to get kids into the home games and a great job they are doing.

Then there are people who in their own words take advantage of a loophole blah blah

Not supporters of Hibs they just watch Hibs.

Keith_M
10-07-2016, 09:03 AM
:troll:

Speedy
10-07-2016, 09:07 AM
Not much difference. You're only paying for part of the products you're taking and hoping no one notices the rest.

If the seat stays empty then Hibs have lost the opportunity to sell that seat for that particular game forever.

£40 of goods in a shop can be sold to someone else.

I do have sympathy with C&Cs logic. It's better for the club to get something rather than nothing. Trouble is that if everyone took the same approach then we'd be humped.

ben johnson
10-07-2016, 09:15 AM
If the seat stays empty then Hibs have lost the opportunity to sell that seat for that particular game forever.

I do have sympathy with C&Cs logic. It's better for the club to get something rather than nothing. Trouble is that if everyone took the same approach then we'd be humped.

How can it possibly be logical to deprive the Club you purport to support badly needed revenue?

CropleyWasGod
10-07-2016, 09:15 AM

The point is that it's not his right to decide on whether the club should get full price or a lower one. That's the club's right.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Speedy
10-07-2016, 09:18 AM
The point is that it's not his right to decide on whether the club should get full price or a lower one. That's the club's right.

Absolutely.

Keyser Sauzee
10-07-2016, 09:19 AM
I agree with most saying that we should not be looking to take advantage of the club and I paid full whack for my season ticket last year and will do again when I get mine next month.

One poster on this thread made a point tho, how many of the guys having a go at others for taking advantage were lifted over the turnstiles back in the day by their dad's or grandads? I'm in my late twenties and I can vaguely remember it happening to me so I'm certain a lot of older posters will be the same. This is another way the club were taken advantage of.

I'm glad the club are taking steps to avoid this happening but some of the comments are a tad strong IMO

Speedy
10-07-2016, 09:21 AM
How can it possibly be logical to deprive the Club you purport to support badly needed revenue?

His logic is that he's not depriving the club.

If the choice is £25 or £0 the club gets £0. If £12 is an option then the club gets £12.

Whether it's for him to take that decision into his hands is another debate but all I'm saying is I can sympathise with his logic.

Speedy
10-07-2016, 09:23 AM
I agree with most saying that we should not be looking to take advantage of the club and I paid full whack for my season ticket last year and will do again when I get mine next month.

One poster on this thread made a point tho, how many of the guys having a go at others for taking advantage were lifted over the turnstiles back in the day by their dad's or grandads? I'm in my late twenties and I can vaguely remember it happening to me so I'm certain a lot of older posters will be the same. This is another way the club were taken advantage of.

I'm glad the club are taking steps to avoid this happening but some of the comments are a tad strong IMO

Agreed.

An adult using a non attending mate's adult ST is also against the rules.

1875STEVE
10-07-2016, 09:27 AM
You could have got an adult season ticket using the 10 month payment plan? Or the 4 month one.

In fact you still could.

10 month wasnt an option this year??, and it wouldn't have mattered, zebra said no to the 4 month.

MKHIBEE
10-07-2016, 09:28 AM
Lack of personal responsibility in the world is massive. Folk like you just aren't willing to take any.

I quite agree, most people think rules weren't made for them and when they get called to sccount they bleat about it. We shouldn't kid ourselves that defrauding the club of ticket money that is rightfully there's doesn't affect us, all of us who pay the full and proper price end up subsidising the thieves.
I really hope Hibs turn the screw on this one.

NAE NOOKIE
10-07-2016, 09:37 AM

In the strict letter of the law as it were you are right Scouse ...... But we both know that Hibs have been culpable in allowing growth in abuse of child / concession tickets by being pretty lax over at least the last decade in enforcing the rules, so much so that it was common knowledge that there was little to no chance of your ticket even being checked.

Rules notwithstanding this is a culture that Hibs are as much to blame for as the ticket abusers and in that scenario I don't think its unreasonable to think that Hibs would forewarn supporters that there was going to be much firmer policing of the system before they had the chance to abuse it.

ben johnson
10-07-2016, 09:44 AM

If the choice is £25 or £0 the club gets £0. If £12 is an option then the club gets £12.

Whether it's for him to take that decision into his hands is another debate but all I'm saying is I can sympathise with his logic.

He does it and gets away with and one person realises it's possible and does the same Club loses.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2016, 09:49 AM
I don't understand why people can't just pay the going rate for what they are purchasing.

I'm going to Cheltenham in March, I want to gain entry to the Club Enclosure so I paid the price requested. If I bought a Tattersalls ticket and tried to sneak into Club because 'at least they are getting something' would that be justified? Of course not, it's a nonsense argument and just dishonest.

Eyrie
10-07-2016, 09:58 AM

The choice isn't £25 or nothing.

Using your figures, the choice is to fraudulently pay £12 twice to get into two games or £25 once to get into one game honestly. The club gets similar money but the poster benefits by seeing two games for the price of one.

carnoustiehibee
10-07-2016, 10:04 AM

Using your figures, the choice is to fraudulently pay £12 twice to get into two games or £25 once to get into one game honestly. The club gets similar money but the poster benefits by seeing two games for the price of one.

If the guy has £50 does he go twice on his own or take his kid to two games?

Speedy
10-07-2016, 10:18 AM

Fair enough but either way he could argue he isn't depriving the club of anything.

As I mentioned the problem comes if everyone does it.

CRAZYHIBBY
10-07-2016, 10:32 AM
Any adult buying a child season ticket to use as their own would be like stealing from the club Imo

FranckSuzy
10-07-2016, 10:32 AM
There are people working for free behind the scenes to raise money to get kids into the home games and a great job they are doing.

Then there are people who in their own words take advantage of a loophole blah blah

Not supporters of Hibs they just watch Hibs.

:agree:

Stupid me, buying a full-price ST when I could have just used a Kicks for Kids one. Also, some of the helpers who take children along to the games pay for their tickets, and their son's, instead of using the KfK ones allocated to them so more children can go along. They're obviously not too bright, bless them.

Galahibby
10-07-2016, 10:36 AM
*as an aside: it really 'rips ma knitting' when people say fitba is too expensive. Most(not all, I know) mean "ah cannae afford tae huv 6 pints then pay 20+ quid tae get in the fitba -it's a disgrace".......
Eh???? Try gaun sober ya radge!

MOST - and, yes I know it's not all- of the people that claim they've been priced out of football still manage to go for their pints..
So it's **** all to do with pricing and 100% to do with those individuals personal priorities.

And wearing clobber and trainers I'd need to take out a mortgage to buy!

Jdawg
10-07-2016, 10:42 AM
It will be interesting to see how many ST's have been purchased in this manner for Hibs to have come out with this policy.

Rightly so, the prices are the prices. Nothing more, nothing less.

Put simply, it's fraud.

hibsbollah
10-07-2016, 10:47 AM
And failed miserably.

I dunno, he's managed to get a lot of people in a five page lather over something I bet he doesn't even believe himself :faf:

Pretty much the definition of a successful troll.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2016, 10:49 AM
I dunno, he's managed to get a lot of people in a five page lather over something I bet he doesn't even believe himself :faf:

Whether he's at it or not I do actually believe that others do think like him.

carnoustiehibee
10-07-2016, 10:52 AM

Brightside
10-07-2016, 10:53 AM
I don't understand why people can't just pay the going rate for what they are purchasing.

I'm going to Cheltenham in March, I want to gain entry to the Club Enclosure so I paid the price requested. If I bought a Tattersalls ticket and tried to sneak into Club because 'at least they are getting something' would that be justified? Of course not, it's a nonsense argument and just dishonest.

Buy a season ticket! #disgrace

ben johnson
10-07-2016, 11:01 AM

I know two people who have done this for years and one is in our family. Your rolling around laughing is way of the mark. Nice to see you are easily amused.

GlesgaeHibby
10-07-2016, 11:18 AM
Agreed.

An adult using a non attending mate's adult ST is also against the rules.

Nothing wrong with an adult taking an adult seat that is already paid for.

bod
10-07-2016, 11:19 AM
its easy to see who's at it & who's the honest fans these past 6 pages :wink:

SunshineOnLeith
10-07-2016, 11:20 AM
Student card skullduggery is pretty common, whether it's flashing an out of date one at the sellers in the pods, doctoring to change a date, or just someone who's a student buying a ticket from the pods then handing it over to their pal.

BSEJVT
10-07-2016, 11:25 AM
I totally agree that people shouldn't be ripping off the club, couldn't help but laugh at this though. It's a bit strong for the circumstance don't you think?

Depends on whether you are linking this to the season ticket issue as you seem to be or treating it as a piece of social commentary which is what it was intended to be.

Speedy
10-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Nothing wrong with an adult taking an adult seat that is already paid for.

It's against the rules, is it not? I thought tickets were non transferable?

BSEJVT
10-07-2016, 11:30 AM

There is a huge difference between getting lifted over as a child and paying a concession price for an adult to attend a game.

The club recognise the former by offering concession prices, the chancers take the piss out of the rest of us.

green&left
10-07-2016, 11:30 AM
If tickets weren't so expensive, match day and season tickets perhaps less would be inclined to buy kids/oaps etc.?

Ticket prices are a ripoff to be fair.

OsloHibs
10-07-2016, 11:33 AM
its easy to see who's at it & who's the honest fans these past 6 pages :wink:

Or maybe some folk don't want to sneer at people who struggle with money in life. Maybe, they themselves have been there before and understand?

Whatever you feel, some folk will be lost to hibs and that isn't a good thing. Such a sad state of the times is this thread.

Speedy
10-07-2016, 11:37 AM
There is a huge difference between getting lifted over as a child and paying a concession price for an adult to attend a game.

The club recognise the former by offering concession prices, the chancers take the piss out of the rest of us.

Were there concession prices in the days of 'a liftover'? (Before my day so I genuinely don't know)

I think his point is that both are against the rules and potentially doing the club out of money so it's a bit hypocritical to give one the ok while chastising the other.

GlesgaeHibby
10-07-2016, 11:39 AM
It's against the rules, is it not? I thought tickets were non transferable?

It may be, but it's hardly an issue.

Just Jimmy
If tickets weren't so expensive, match day and season tickets perhaps less would be inclined to buy kids/oaps etc.?

Ticket prices are a ripoff to be fair.
Absolutely. However if one fellow hibby has paid the price quoted for his or her category in good faith, then forget the club, anyone cheating the system is doing so at the expense of the fellow fan.

Its akin to insurance issues. The rest pay more because of it.

Its fraud clear and simple anyone caught should have their ticket revoked without refund, and anyone who has LIED to gain advantage should be taken further.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PISTOL1875
Great well done you

If an opportunity presented itself to rob your neighbours or **** your best pals wife would you take those too?

What about stealing a charity tin?

It's big of you not to feel resentment at the club for stopping freeloaders like you.

I have tried to keep this exchange civil to this point but your attitude just astounds me and does you no credit at all.

You are a thief plain and simple and I would respect you more for admitting that fact rather than your pathetic attempts at justifying the unjustifiable.

Calling him a thief is a bit much mate.. No need for the personal insults either and if were to read the post properly , then you would see that he IS admitting the fact that he is exploiting the system.. Being perfectly honest , a lot more people in every day life would try and bend the rules when it comes to paying for things if they could.. Anyone who doesn't admit that is lying...

easty
10-07-2016, 11:44 AM
Depends on whether you are linking this to the season ticket issue as you seem to be or treating it as a piece of social commentary which is what it was intended to be.

Well no, it's you who's linking it to the season ticket issue.

Scouse Hibee
10-07-2016, 11:49 AM

Really I think he's just made himself look a right dick.

Jdawg
10-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Calling him a thief is a bit much mate.. No need for the personal insults either and if were to read the post properly , then you would see that he IS admitting the fact that he is exploiting the system.. Being perfectly honest , a lot more people in every day life would try and bend the rules when it comes to paying for things if they could.. Anyone who doesn't admit that is lying...

its not theft but it is fraud.

Scouse Hibee
10-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Ach let them get on with it,I made more than enough to cover the cost of our ST's by selling my spare cup final tickets to the highest bidder.

Eyrie
10-07-2016, 12:06 PM

The same logic applies to taking his kid to the cinema or any other entertainment. If you can't afford to go, then you don't go. Plenty of us have had to accept that logic during our lives and coped.

Eyrie
10-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Ach let them get on with it,I made more than enough to cover the cost of our ST's by selling my spare cup final tickets to the highest bidder.

I hope you only paid kids prices for them :wink:

PISTOL1875
10-07-2016, 12:07 PM
its not theft but it is fraud.

He's bending the rules mate , let him get on with it...

Another mountain made out of a molehill on hibs.net

Glory Lurker
10-07-2016, 12:10 PM

Me too! But in the end he only paid me half of what he bid, telling me that that would be better than him paying me nothing.

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2016, 12:19 PM
The work Suzy does for kids is a superb scheme and these kids hopefully will get the bug and when old enough purchase their own season tickets.

I wonder if some sort of scheme might be needed for adults who have fallen on hard times, or maybe just cant afford it anymore?

Are we charitable enough for a scheme like this? :devil:

Lago
10-07-2016, 12:23 PM
So of the reported 10000+STs sold how many are bought fraudulently? & how many of them bought that way have been giving it the I've bought my ST why haven't you?

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 12:24 PM

That's utter bollocks. And misspelt.

If you go four times at a reduced rate when you should be paying full rate, you're still scamming Hibs. The fact you would only go two times at full rate is your problem, not the club's.

barcahibs
10-07-2016, 12:25 PM

Would they? I wouldn't.

If everyone thought like that society couldn't function. Unfortunately a side effect of that is that some people will take advantage at the expense of others. I wish I could believe in karma sometimes.

I get annoyed at people blaming the club for creating a loophole that people can exploit - how about you just don't exploit it? So that the club don't have to expend resources it can ill afford to police members of its own support?

How about we support the club by trying to minimise the efforts it has to go to to prevent its own fans defrauding it?

It's the same root as those who blame the police for the pitch invasion, how about we all just take responsibility for our own actions?

Nah it'll never catch on.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Would they? I wouldn't.

If everyone thought like that society couldn't function. Unfortunately a side effect of that is that some people will take advantage at the expense of others. I wish I could believe in karma sometimes.

I get annoyed at people blaming the club for creating a loophole that people can exploit - how about you just don't exploit it? So that the club don't have to expend resources it can ill afford to police members of its own support?

How about we support the club by trying to minimise the efforts it has to go to to prevent its own fans defrauding it?

It's the same root as those who blame the police for the pitch invasion, how about we all just take responsibility for our own actions?

Good post Barca.

hibsbollah
10-07-2016, 12:29 PM
I know two people who have done this for years and one is in our family. Your rolling around laughing is way of the mark. Nice to see you are easily amused.

I've said previously I know someone who does it too. It's bad form. What's ridiculous isn't believing that scamming takes place, it obviously does. It's ridiculous to get involved in C&Cs pathetic attempts to justify it.

See the difference?

Jdawg
10-07-2016, 12:29 PM
He's bending the rules mate , let him get on with it...

Another mountain made out of a molehill on hibs.net

Or a mountain out of a molehole as John McGlynn said haha

Lago
10-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Would they? I wouldn't.

Your right, but it's todays society, you see it all the time, people drive cars no insurance or road tax, people pay a train fare from 2 or 3 stations on from where they got on the train, its all part of the game no one loose out, bit like shop lifting.

Eyrie
10-07-2016, 12:38 PM
Your right, but it's todays society, you see it all the time, people drive cars no insurance or road tax, people pay a train fare from 2 or 3 stations on from where they got on the train, its all part of the game no one loose out, bit like shop lifting.

Except for everyone else who has to pay a higher price as a result.

CropleyWasGod
10-07-2016, 12:42 PM
No one loses out?

The fare dodger defraud the train company out of revenue. So fares have to go up sooner than they might otherwise. Similarly the insurance and road tax.

The notion of victimless crime is a myth IMO.

High-On-Hibs
10-07-2016, 12:43 PM
People used to get in for nothing.

High-On-Hibs
10-07-2016, 12:44 PM
No one loses out?

The fare dodger defraud the train company out of revenue. So fares have to go up sooner than they might otherwise. Similarly the insurance and road tax.

The notion of victimless crime is a myth IMO.

I'm pretty sure they would have found other reasons to hike the prices up. It's just convenient for them to blame the extremely slim minority who don't pay and manage to get away with it. This is more than offset by those who do get caught and are handed hefty fines.

Lago
10-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Except for everyone else who has to pay a higher price as a result.
That was the point I was trying to make. At some point some pays, usually the honest citzen.

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Would they? I wouldn't.

Good post Barca.

I'm still a bit confused how the police are to blame for the pitch invasion as well.

BSEJVT
10-07-2016, 01:59 PM
Were there concession prices in the days of 'a liftover'? (Before my day so I genuinely don't know)

I think his point is that both are against the rules and potentially doing the club out of money so it's a bit hypocritical to give one the ok while chastising the other.

Don't think I did do that?

I think the point I made was that lift overs have been" replaced" by concessions at least so far as cost differential between the two are concerned. Like you I can't recall if there were concessions 40 years ago

I wouldn't know for sure but I doubt modern day ER turnstile configuration would permit lift overs?

Green_one
10-07-2016, 02:00 PM
But on the other hand Hibs may have noticed that ( for example ) 7,000 of the 10,000 STs we have just sold were bought by folk under 18 and folk over 65 and decided that its time to start actually start checking tickets against ages at the turnstiles.

I

It does not surpise me that many people have lost their moral compass and are willing to rip of the club they profess to love. I hope the club takes effective action.

My bigger concern is the stat above that claims only 30% of STs are full adult tickets. IF that is true then the 10k target is almost a sham given the funding difference and having only 3000 adult fans commiting to STs is terrible. I now find I am a small minority. I presume when I sit down next season I will be surrounded by kids, students, coffin dodgers or fraudsters. I will look on any adult with a degree of suspicion unless they look over 65. Think Leanne should start giving me a lift to the game. With my pie consumption I must now be nearing uber fan status. :cb

PatHead
10-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Re concessions, I remember father and son gates back in the day.

hibee1875
10-07-2016, 02:02 PM
It does not surpise me that many people have lost their moral compass and are willing to rip of the club they profess to love. I hope the club takes effective action.

My bigger concern is the stat above that claims only 30% of STs are full adult tickets. IF that is true then the 10k target is almost a sham given the funding difference and having only 3000 adult fans commiting to STs is terrible. I now find I am a small minority. I presume when I sit down next season I will be surrounded by kids, students, coffin dodgers or fraudsters. I will look on any adult with a degree of suspicion unless they look over 65. Think Leanne should start giving me a lift to the game. With my pie consumption I must now be nearing uber fan status. :cb

You've misread his post. The stats aren't 70/30 kids to adults. It was an example.

Glory Lurker
10-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Re concessions, I remember father and son gates back in the day.

Yep - old South Stand definitely had this.

PISTOL1875
10-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Would they? I wouldn't.

Of course you would mate , don't be daft.. Everyone is looking to save money these days. If I was gonna sell you car for £10k and I decided to let you have it for £9000 , would you knock me back or pay the full whack ?? Everyman/woman would pay the reduced price and let me take the hit whilst you benefited.. You would then walk away thinking you'd scored...

The club have created the loophole and people are exploiting it , the club are at fault for having the loophole there to exploit.. If there wasn't a loophole there to swindle then people wouldn't do it.. simples...

Green_one
10-07-2016, 02:14 PM
You've misread his post. The stats aren't 70/30 kids to adults. It was an example.

Fair enough thanks hibee but that was my point. Its a stupid and I suspect now wildly incorrect example. Why state a figure and such a wrong one. For effect? However it would be interesting to know what the real figures are for all catogories of tickets. And the overall value. I always felt superior to Hearts as they basically gave away huge numbers of tickets to adults in one guise or other to push up their numbers.

SunshineOnLeith
10-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Loads of folk's memories of 'the good old days' seem to involve being lifted over, or jumping a fence.

Anyone going to explain why this was OK but using an out of date student card nowadays isn't?

Beefster
10-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Of course you would mate , don't be daft.. Everyone is looking to save money these days. If I was gonna sell you car for £10k and I decided to let you have it for £9000 , would you knock me back or pay the full whack ?? Everyman/woman would pay the reduced price and let me take the hit whilst you benefited.. You would then walk away thinking you'd scored...

The club have created the loophole and people are exploiting it , the club are at fault for having the loophole there to exploit.. If there wasn't a loophole there to swindle then people wouldn't do it.. simples...

If by 'exploiting the loophole', you mean lying to the club, I'd agree. Would it be okay to lie by pretending to be disabled to get a cheap ticket too?

Onceinawhile
10-07-2016, 02:26 PM

It's the fault of Hibs that people are cheating them out of money by being dishonest?

Onceinawhile
10-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Loads of folk's memories of 'the good old days' seem to involve being lifted over, or jumping a fence.

Anyone going to explain why this was OK but using an out of date student card nowadays isn't?

There's a vital of a difference between a five or six year old school child getting a lift over and a 25/26 year old probably with a full time job pretending to be a student.

Greencore
10-07-2016, 02:31 PM
about 60% of people complaining about this are the same people who most likely jumped the wall to get into er when they were younger. Football is an expensive game and to be honest I agree if you can't afford it don't go. I can understand why people wouldn't want to spend £20 against Alloa, but the only losers are hibs in this case. Such a pitty.

Danderhall Hibs
There's a vital of a difference between a five or six year old school child getting a lift over and a 25/26 year old probably with a full time job pretending to be a student.

Just a bit :hilarious

SunshineOnLeith

Is there? What is the difference?

Danderhall Hibs
10-07-2016, 02:33 PM

20 years?

No one's questioning kids prices. Unless you're saying adults used to get a lift over in the good old days?

CropleyWasGod
10-07-2016, 02:35 PM
The child has little control over the situation.
The adult makes a conscious decision to defraud the club.

SunshineOnLeith
10-07-2016, 02:36 PM
20 years?

No one's questioning kids prices. Unless you're saying adults used to get a lift over in the good old days?

What's age got to do with it?

If someone lifted their kids over, they were doing the club out of money.

If someone gets a student ticket when they're not a student, they're doing the club out of money.

SunshineOnLeith
10-07-2016, 02:37 PM
The child has little control over the situation.
The adult makes a conscious decision to defraud the club.

The adult that lifts the child over makes a conscious decision to defraud the club.

CropleyWasGod
10-07-2016, 02:43 PM
The adult that lifts the child over makes a conscious decision to defraud the club.
And always did it with the consent of the turnstile operator ie with the consent of the club.

The club have no say in the student defrauding them.

pacoluna
10-07-2016, 02:46 PM
Reintroduce manned turnstiles and get rid of the automated turnstiles, that would stop the fraudsters from having the audacity to chance their luck.
Bing back the paper season ticket

ian cruise
10-07-2016, 02:50 PM
The work Suzy does for kids is a superb scheme and these kids hopefully will get the bug and when old enough purchase their own season tickets.

I wonder if some sort of scheme might be needed for adults who have fallen on hard times, or maybe just cant afford it anymore?

Are we charitable enough for a scheme like this? :devil:

I was thinking about this entries, a bit like the way students could apply for hardship loans, the club could offer hardship season tickets? I don't know how you would control the scoring for it or anything but there would have to be a possible way to do it.

Unfortunately I reckon you'll still have people go down the route of concessions tickets as they are employing a whole in the system because it exists, not necessarily because it's something they've been forced in to.

CropleyWasGod
10-07-2016, 03:33 PM
I was thinking about this entries, a bit like the way students could apply for hardship loans, the club could offer hardship season tickets? I don't know how you would control the scoring for it or anything but there would have to be a possible way to do it.

Unfortunately I reckon you'll still have people go down the route of concessions tickets as they are employing a whole in the system because it exists, not necessarily because it's something they've been forced in to.
Do the unemployed get concession prices?

They, and people on certain types of benefit, could be a potential case for those type of STs. It would be relatively easy to administer.

barcahibs
10-07-2016, 03:48 PM

It's not even slightly the same situation though is it? Presumably you're getting something out of selling the car cheap, whether that's a quick sale or just a warm feeling in your heart from giving someone a deal.

Whatever the case, you've made that deal voluntarily.

An equivalent might be if you'd, out of the goodness of your heart, offered to give a discount to someone with mobility problems and I'd gone and fished an old wheelchair out of a skip and turned up in it to qualify. Maybe pushing someone on crutches out of the way as I went to make sure I got there first.

Hibs are offering concession tickets to specific groups and you're going out of your way to manipulate that system to your own benefit. So the club now have to take a financial hit to police that (to counter the financial hit from all those gaming the system) meaning the cost for everybody goes up.

If people didn't choose to swindle the club they profess to love there wouldn't be a problem.

Simples?

Still we can all have a good moan about player budgets instead can't we. Bloody Petrie pocketing all that money he got for selling butterflies in the car park, that's what's to blame.

Keith_M
10-07-2016, 03:48 PM
People have complained that the adult price is way too high at 22 quid for PATG, or 380 for an Adult ST.

If there really are thousands abusing the ST system by using discounted tickets they're not entitled to (theoretically, as I really don't know for sure), there's a decent argument that it's actually their fault that the price of entry is so high.

Think about it; Hibs need a certain amount to survive at a certain level for a given season. They calculate the prices accordingly, including say 70% with discounted tickets and 30% full price. If people weren't abusing the system and actually paying the full whack, the calculation would maybe be 40% at full price STs, so that price wouldn't have to be so high for that group to generate the same amount of money in the end.

My argument boils down to one thing: Those actually supporting the club by being honest about being in the full price category are actually subsidising those that are quite happy to defraud the club they claim to support.

Just a thought.

Since90+2
10-07-2016, 03:55 PM
No danger its anywhere near 70% are discounted tickets. Seems the OP has given fans of some other teams ammunition by even suggesting its anywhere near that high.

There may be a few hundred tops at it but not more than that. Perhaps the club can clarify what percentage are full price tickets.

ian cruise
10-07-2016, 03:58 PM
People have complained that the adult price is way too high at 22 quid for PATG, or 380 for an Adult ST.

If there really are thousands abusing the ST system by using discounted tickets they're not entitled to (theoretically, as I really don't know for sure), there's a decent argument that it's actually their fault that the price of entry is so high.

Think about it; Hibs need a certain amount to survive at a certain level for a given season. They calculate the prices accordingly, including say 70% with discounted tickets and 30% full price. If people weren't abusing the system and actually paying the full whack, the calculation would maybe be 40% at full price STs, so that price wouldn't have to be so high for that group to generate the same amount of money in the end.

My argument boils down to one thing: Those actually supporting the club by being honest about being in the full price category are actually subsidising those that are quite happy to defraud the club they claim to support.

Just a thought.

I think that key in the serious discussion regarding the topic. People complain it's too expensive so they exploit a loophole but this in turn reduces funds and drives up ticket prices.

hibsbollah
10-07-2016, 04:00 PM
A few seasons back Scott Lindsay said to the Working Together group that the average price paid for a seat was £17. So there are obviously a large number of discounted seats; i doubt this represents 70% of all tickets being discounted though.

Pretty Boy
10-07-2016, 04:09 PM
If there are really a number of people with genuine financial hardships that are forcing them to defraud Hibs to attend games then maybe it is something to look at.

Could the Working Together group have a look at the pros and cons of a low income/unemployed ST. Perhaps in the wider areas of the stand which generally lie empty most weeks. If it was easy enough to administer it would quickly sort those genuinely experiencing hard times from the chancers who are at it.

carnoustiehibee
10-07-2016, 04:17 PM
The same logic applies to taking his kid to the cinema or any other entertainment. If you can't afford to go, then you don't go. Plenty of us have had to accept that logic during our lives and coped.

No, you take them to the 10am showing at 50% off. Not every hibs fan is in such a financially privileged position as some straight laced goody two shoes on here. Your looking at it as if every fan has a 30k a year job and owns 2 golfs, It's not as if Easter road is rammed packed every week.

stoneyburn hibs
10-07-2016, 04:19 PM
If there are really a number of people with genuine financial hardships that are forcing them to defraud Hibs to attend games then maybe it is something to look at.

Could the Working Together group have a look at the pros and cons of a low income/unemployed ST. Perhaps in the wider areas of the stand which generally lie empty most weeks. If it was easy enough to administer it would quickly sort those genuinely experiencing hard times from the chancers who are at it.

I agree with the sentiment, but where does it stop? Chancers would still be all over it at any level administered. It's a tough one but I'm all for it as I've been in the position raising a family and not being able to afford a season ticket for a few years.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 04:25 PM
It's not even slightly the same situation though is it? Presumably you're getting something out of selling the car cheap, whether that's a quick sale or just a warm feeling in your heart from giving someone a deal.

Whatever the case, you've made that deal voluntarily.

An equivalent might be if you'd, out of the goodness of your heart, offered to give a discount to someone with mobility problems and I'd gone and fished an old wheelchair out of a skip and turned up in it to qualify. Maybe pushing someone on crutches out of the way as I went to make sure I got there first.

Hibs are offering concession tickets to specific groups and you're going out of your way to manipulate that system to your own benefit. So the club now have to take a financial hit to police that (to counter the financial hit from all those gaming the system) meaning the cost for everybody goes up.

If people didn't choose to swindle the club they profess to love there wouldn't be a problem.

Simples?

Still we can all have a good moan about player budgets instead can't we. Bloody Petrie pocketing all that money he got for selling butterflies in the car park, that's what's to blame.

:top marks :greengrin

barcahibs
10-07-2016, 04:27 PM
No, you take them to the 10am showing at 50% off. Not every hibs fan is in such a financially privileged position as some straight laced goody two shoes on here. Your looking at it as if every fan has a 30k a year job and owns 2 golfs, It's not as if Easter road is rammed packed every week.

Sorry, this particular straight laced goody two shoes earns minimum wage. Still never occurred to me to swindle the club.

I would definitely support a subsidised scheme for the unwaged - though indications from here would suggest it would cost Hibs a fortune to police and ensure there were no 'loopholes' to tempt people.

CropleyWasGod
10-07-2016, 04:30 PM
So you're saying that we should have an extra game at 10 in the morning for those that only have 1 golf? [emoji48]

PatHead
10-07-2016, 04:30 PM

Problem with an unemployed season ticket is if the person gets a job in the middle of the season. You would then be relying on them getting in touch with the club. Equally what if their job involved working matchdays.

Concessions on matchday could be different though and I will raise it in August.

BSEJVT
10-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Or maybe some folk don't want to sneer at people who struggle with money in life. Maybe, they themselves have been there before and understand?

Whatever you feel, some folk will be lost to hibs and that isn't a good thing. Such a sad state of the times is this thread.

I don't see any sneering in this thread?

There are times in our lives that most of us have struggled with money to some degree or another.

I doesn't mean that you have to rip anyone off?

Countless millions get through lives struggles without needing to do so.

If you cant afford you cant go and unfortunately need to miss out.

I have always wanted to see Hibs in Europe, but simply cant afford to go to Brondby so will need to miss out.

BSEJVT
10-07-2016, 04:35 PM

I have been pretty vocal on this thread but would 100% agree with that approach.

There is a huge difference between not being able and not being willing to pay full price.

bob12345
10-07-2016, 04:39 PM
Problem with an unemployed season ticket is if the person gets a job in the middle of the season. You would then be relying on them getting in touch with the club. Equally what if their job involved working matchdays.

Concessions on matchday could be different though and I will raise it in August.

Yes I agree with that. If a high proportion of people are staying away from Easter Road because of purely financial reasons, there should be some way to combat it. It's helping nobody having those seats empty.

Perhaps there could be a scheme where you could do some sort of volunteering to earn your ticket. Perhaps flyering the local community, holding collection buckets for youth development... I'm not exactly sure what.

gazzag70
10-07-2016, 04:44 PM
The club should perhaps look at introducing some kind of flexible season ticket for those that can't attend every game.A ticket allowing entry to say 10 games to be picked at the buyers discretion would help reduce this kind of fraud and encourage those valuable supporters to play their part.

PatHead
10-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Yes I agree with that. If a high proportion of people are staying away from Easter Road because of purely financial reasons, there should be some way to combat it. It's helping nobody having those seats empty.

Perhaps there could be a scheme where you could do some sort of volunteering to earn your ticket. Perhaps flyering the local community, holding collection buckets for youth development... I'm not exactly sure what.

Funnily enough that was the route I was thinking of going down. Maybe acting as "greeters" guiding people to the correct stands, tidying the stadium before or after or handing fliers out. Problem is some people might interpret that as slave labour saying we should employ folk. It might well end up being counter productive.

Hibs already give a decent number of tickets away to schools, boys/girls clubs and many community associations for every home match. The other alternative would be to have a set amount people who could benefit from tickets but have to collect them on matchday. They could apply earlier in the week.

Like everything else it is not straight forward or an easy answer.

Kavinho
10-07-2016, 04:56 PM
I have been pretty vocal on this thread but would 100% agree with that approach.

There is a huge difference between not being able and not being willing to pay full price.

dont suppose you were ever lifted over the turnstyles back in the day...?

look, it's human nature when things are tight to try and get the most enjoyment you can for the funds you have.

The moral rights and wrongs are one thing, but there is inevitably always some on the fringes who'll look for an angle. People look at it individually.

Some are getting grief for choices that are £10/20/100 differences to the club. At the the end of the day Modern football clubs are multi-million pound businesses.
Some, (some....) on low or no wages will see a far greater utility (benefit) of those funds staying in their own pockets, and somehow squeezing in an occasional look at a life long love....

in the words of Alan Stubbs, c 4.55pm 21/05/16....
"I don't condone it, but I can understand it"

Kavinho
10-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Funnily enough that was the route I was thinking of going down. Maybe acting as "greeters" guiding people to the correct stands, tidying the stadium before or after or handing fliers out. Problem is some people might interpret that as slave labour saying we should employ folk. It might well end up being counter productive.

Hibs already give a decent number of tickets away to schools, boys/girls clubs and many community associations for every home match. The other alternative would be to have a set amount people who could benefit from tickets but have to collect them on matchday. They could apply earlier in the week.

Surely it can only be slave labour if people are forced, no?

Great sentiment/idea though, as is the unemployed concession. Definitely something that could be built on.. Probably in tandem with closing out the 'opportunity' to unfairly sneak in on a concession ticket

wookie70
10-07-2016, 05:02 PM

I think that is a really good idea. There must be lots of things that Hibs have to pay money for that fans could shoulder the responsibility with a ticket as a reward. Painting steps, clearing up litter etc.

I was a believer in making the kids ticket until 16 and doing away with the youth ticket but having read this thread I have thought better of it as perhaps that would be another "loophole" introduced. Given there is no reason to be personally responsible I wonder if that applies to turnstiles. Perhaps you could get a group of poor souls to just barge through the gates when they are opened to let a disabled supporter in. Just a loophole these turnstiles and as the door was open we went through without paying. Can't blame us it was like an invitation to screw the club.

BSEJVT
10-07-2016, 05:34 PM
dont suppose you were ever lifted over the turnstyles back in the day...?

look, it's human nature when things are tight to try and get the most enjoyment you can for the funds you have.

The moral rights and wrongs are one thing, but there is inevitably always some on the fringes who'll look for an angle. People look at it individually.

Some are getting grief for choices that are £10/20/100 differences to the club. At the the end of the day Modern football clubs are multi-million pound businesses.
Some, (some....) on low or no wages will see a far greater utility (benefit) of those funds staying in their own pockets, and somehow squeezing in an occasional look at a life long love....

in the words of Alan Stubbs, c 4.55pm 21/05/16....
"I don't condone it, but I can understand it"

As others have said there is a huge difference between a child getting lifted over and an adult actively defrauding the club.

No matter how it is dressed up that is what is happening.

Its simple, if you cant afford you do without.

This culture of entitlement and the end justifying the means is why IMO society is in the mess it is today.

Over and out from me on this topic.

ben johnson
10-07-2016, 05:34 PM
I've said previously I know someone who does it too. It's bad form. What's ridiculous isn't believing that scamming takes place, it obviously does. It's ridiculous to get involved in C&Cs pathetic attempts to justify it.

See the difference?

I see the difference. If he was at the wind up or not it has opened a debate on a situation I find to be rather sad. We all know people who do it and one guy I know goes concession home and away. He also sits in the pub and throws twenty pounds worth of lager down his neck pre and post match. That's the people I have a problem with. I just think it should be taken more seriously and I don't find it a laughing matter.

Mr White
10-07-2016, 05:36 PM

I suppose the same thing happens at the moment with say students dropping out mid term or youngsters turning 12 or 18 mid season. Status at the start of each season would be the significant one.

Lago
10-07-2016, 05:44 PM
:top marks
I see the difference. If he was at the wind up or not it has opened a debate on a situation I find to be rather sad. We all know people who do it and one guy I know goes concession home and away. He also sits in the pub and throws twenty pounds worth of lager down his neck pre and post match. That's the people I have a problem with. I just think it should be taken more seriously and I don't find it a laughing matter.
My thoughts exactly.

Jack
10-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Bob thinks it's morally wrong so doesn't do it.

Be like Bob.

Glorious St Pat
10-07-2016, 06:17 PM
I would imagine that there are thousands every week who attend games that have not paid or at all the going rate to attend a football match. The club is in a quandary here as they want as many season ticket holders and as many attending games as possible. The more the merrier as it creates atmosphere and potentially victories. I know of Gunts fans who too go to games on a 'reduced' ticket. I too have allowed my mates to use my daughters season when she can't go. My reasoning being, it's better to have a bum on the seat. I think the club has shot themself in the foot here. The reduction in attendance will be noticeable as it does go on.

bod
10-07-2016, 08:58 PM
did anybody get caught out today ?

Glorious St Pat
11-07-2016, 08:04 AM
Lets face it some folk do and it wouldn't be the first time we have used a child's ticket to get an adult into ER ..... usually for someone who doesn't normally go when the child cant use it to be fair :greengrin

Anyway ..... I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but Hibs have announced on the Motherwell matchday information thread that as from that game and for the rest of the season there will be separate turnstiles for adult ST holders and adult & child / concession ST holders. There may be a perfectly innocent reason for that ... faster flow of entry perhaps?

I have a feeling that the ticket office may be preparing for a lot of folk phoning for upgrades to adult in the next few weeks and that our school night matches might be missing a few adults this season :greengrin

I have looked through the Official Motherwell match day thread from the club and I see no mention on separate turnstiles. Can you point me in the direction as to where this was announced?

Brightside
11-07-2016, 08:05 AM
those of you that are doing this....can i assume you have knocked booze and fags, and sky tv on the head first before you started doing this?

Mr White
11-07-2016, 08:09 AM
those of you that are doing this....can i assume you have knocked booze and fags, and sky tv on the head first before you started doing this?

They can't hear you. They've cancelled their broadband and mobile phone contracts.

The_Horde
11-07-2016, 08:11 AM
Genuinely think it's a good idea but I just hope it doesn't also have an adverse effect on attendances.

Ozyhibby
11-07-2016, 08:33 AM
I have looked through the Official Motherwell match day thread from the club and I see no mention on separate turnstiles. Can you point me in the direction as to where this was announced?

All the turnstiles were manned on Sunday as the scanners were not working.

jacomo
11-07-2016, 08:41 AM
The club should perhaps look at introducing some kind of flexible season ticket for those that can't attend every game.A ticket allowing entry to say 10 games to be picked at the buyers discretion would help reduce this kind of fraud and encourage those valuable supporters to play their part.

Good idea.

Tickets for volunteers would be good too.

I agree with the club clamping down on abuse of the ticketing system. At the end of the day, it's about protecting revenue to make our club stronger.

However, it is a fact that there is significant spare capacity at most home games. Hibs should look to fill this capacity every game.

Scouse Hibee
11-07-2016, 08:46 AM

The turnstiles all have new signage above them relating to this so it is being implemented.

Scouse Hibee
11-07-2016, 08:46 AM
All the turnstiles were manned on Sunday as the scanners were not working.

The West was working fine.

TheHarpy76
11-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Guaranteed that those ripping off the club and those who condone will be first to complain if Hibs made an announcement that due to a drop in revenue the player budget needs to be slashed.

People who profess to love the club have no qualms about ripping that club and others say "Good on them" for exploiting the system. It's neither wonder modern day society is ****** with that attitude.

Jack
11-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Genuinely think it's a good idea but I just hope it doesn't also have an adverse effect on attendances.

It will affect attendances as some of those taking advantage of this scam will feel a perverse sense of injustice and that the club is somehow picking on them in a bad way.

Hopefully most will shrug their shoulders, think it was good while it lasted, bite the bullet and stump up the going rate.

It would be daft to think we're the only club, or indeed that football is the only entertainment type thing, where this is an issue.

I would suspect they all have policies in place and trained people to tactfully challenge suspicious people and that a family that have mixed up their cards or tickets between them won't be treated like terrorists!

Ozyhibby
11-07-2016, 09:17 AM
Can't believe this thread is so long. Hadn't even opened it till I noticed it had become a talking point on kickback.
The club absolutely must ensure fairness and that everybody is paying the correct price to watch the game. Anybody that thinks differently is an idiot. Football isn't a human right. If you can't afford it then don't go.

SunshineOnLeith
11-07-2016, 09:24 AM

This gets brought up every year and is on the face of it a good idea.

The problem, if I remember correctly, is that it's impossible to price such a ticket in a way that makes it attractive enough to the fan who would otherwise PATG, while not devaluing the season ticket so that season ticket holders buy a 10 game ticket instead.

barcahibs
11-07-2016, 10:00 AM
I'll listen to Kickback's opinion on this just as soon as the maroon buffoons stop ripping off charity tins.

In one of my previous jobs we had to approach folk who it was suspected didn't have a ticket for the venue.

Absolutely horrible job (no training given of course) and I avoided it wherever possible. As far as I was concerned they weren't paying me enough for the confrontation involved (though I still did it when I had to).

Policing a system like this isn't free unfortunately. It'd all be much easier and cheaper for everyone if folk just didn't do it.

How do those who think it's OK feel about corporations/rich individuals who manipulate loopholes to "avoid" paying their taxes?

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Guaranteed that those ripping off the club and those who condone will be first to complain if Hibs made an announcement that due to a drop in revenue the player budget needs to be slashed.

People who profess to love the club have no qualms about ripping that club and others say "Good on them" for exploiting the system. It's neither wonder modern day society is ****** with that attitude.

How can you guarantee this?

ian cruise
11-07-2016, 10:36 AM
How do those who think it's OK feel about corporations/rich individuals who manipulate loopholes to "avoid" paying their taxes?

Intersting point, since it's mainly a moral argument/discussion, is there any difference between this and the behaviour of Rangers and Hearts, two institutions that many on here are quick to deride because of their unsavoury behaviour in relation to paying taxes and using loopholes?

pacoluna
11-07-2016, 10:40 AM

yes as long as they get the minimum wage along with the free ticket.

ian cruise
11-07-2016, 10:46 AM
yes as long as they get the minimum wage along with the free ticket.

I think the suggestion was the ticket in lieu of payment. Given that (and I'm making an assumption here) they would be doing an hours work at most, the cost of a ticket would work out more than an hours minimum wage. It is a complicated scheme if hibs were to put it in place and they'd need to assess all possibilities, risks, check for any loopholes and anything which might have legal ramifications. Important part would be working with fans and communicating and listening to current season ticket holders to ensure it doesn't create a divide amongst support.