PDA

View Full Version : Leeann interview with Grant

Penicuik Hibee
09-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Great interview. She is so impressive. Keep up the good work.

PS. When will I stop getting tears in my eyes about the SC win. Got them again when she talking about the day and the victory parade

hibby rae
09-07-2016, 09:08 AM
Great interview. She is so impressive. Keep up the good work.

PS. When will I stop getting tears in my eyes about the SC win. Got them again when she talking about the day and the victory parade

Leann's the best thing to happen to this club for years. Three things she said which I really liked where:

1) Her talking about the final, in particular those two minutes, the longest of my life, between Gray scoring, then the panic and finally, the unimaginable mass euphoria of the final whistle.

2) How she described the club as moving from a corporate entity to a football club.

3) How she describes herself and the rest of the board etc. as 'custodians of the club, the club belongs to them (us, the supporters)'.

The last two points sums up how she's really moved Hibs into the forefront of the community, and speaking for myself, allowed me to connect with it in a way I never have before.

Finn2015
09-07-2016, 09:09 AM
She has been impressive and all I hope is that she stays for many more years

BSEJVT
09-07-2016, 09:22 AM
Great Interview

Like an earlier poster, I loved her comments around the cup win and the other areas highlighted

She absolutely gets what we are about

She is either a fantastic actress (which I don't believe) or she is absolutely embedded in the club and its support and sees the potential.

Its easy to be seduced by peoples words. and we have been let down in the past. but bits of her interview made me quite emotional.

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
09-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Great interview. I've always said that while she appeared to be doing lots of great work and working very hard that the real measure of success for a CEO of a football club was achievements on the pitch and increased attendances.
It's fair to say that since David Gray created history that she has now achieved both of those targets as well. That should allow more breathing space for other schemes like game changer etc.
Well done Leeann.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BroxburnHibee
09-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Yeah just watched it. Excellent interview.

You can see the emotion in her eyes when talking about the transformation over the last 2 years and of course that day.

I liked her wee rye smile when mentioning loyalty points too. :greengrin

Even without the cup she had done a great job with the only exception being no promotion.

It truly is our only aim this season.

Bobby's Cinema
09-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Big smiles watching that. Very strange choice to go from talking about the Scottish cup win to talk about Butcher and relegation, skipped ahead at that point.

Great stuff from Leeann :aok:

Zazu62
09-07-2016, 10:03 AM
What interview?

BSEJVT
09-07-2016, 10:05 AM
What interview?

Its on Hibs TV

H18 SFR
09-07-2016, 10:12 AM
I'm not a fan of Rod Petrie, however, he deserves respect and gratitude for her appointment. Credit where credit is due and all that.

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 10:31 AM
I'm not a fan of Rod Petrie, however, he deserves respect and gratitude for her appointment. Credit where credit is due and all that.

Indeed:aok:

Vault Boy
09-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Another great interview from Leeann, she certainly instills a great deal of confidence in me and I'm sure most other supporters.

As an aside, I wish Grant could do all the HTV interviews. :greengrin

banchoryhibs
09-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Without doubt she is our best signing in decades

Galahibby
09-07-2016, 11:10 AM
I love Leeann ❤️💚

Ozyhibby
09-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Good to hear her talk about the difference HSL is making to the player budget.
http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/phone/donate.html

NAE NOOKIE
09-07-2016, 11:47 AM
Always good to hear Leeann speak ..... she has clearly built an emotional attachment to the club and there is certainly no sign of insincerity when she speaks, its very difficult to give it the old 'the club belongs to the fans and without them its nothing' spiel without it sounding patronising, but when she says it you cant help but think she really means it.

Interesting that the subject of the Hampden pitch invasion was deftly bypassed, I presume because there is still the ongoing investigation and there may still be Sevco thugs to be identified :greengrin ........ Nice to hear the DVD get a mention too ..... if Hibs did have their own staff there filming the one bit of film missing from the day might yet turn up, that being film of David Gray's winner from the Mount Florida end with the Hibs fans erupting in the background, I would happily buy the DVD just for that.

Keep up the good work Leeann ... definitely our best signing in the last 2 years, well done Rod at least there is one thing you will be able to look back on and say you got right :aok:

MB62
09-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Leann's the best thing to happen to this club for years. Three things she said which I really liked where:

1) Her talking about the final, in particular those two minutes, the longest of my life, between Gray scoring, then the panic and finally, the unimaginable mass HIBSTERIA of the final whistle.

2) How she described the club as moving from a corporate entity to a football club.

3) How she describes herself and the rest of the board etc. as 'custodians of the club, the club belongs to them (us, the supporters)'.

The last two points sums up how she's really moved Hibs into the forefront of the community, and speaking for myself, allowed me to connect with it in a way I never have before.

I've corrected that for you :greengrin

Ozyhibby
09-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Always good to hear Leeann speak ..... she has clearly built an emotional attachment to the club and there is certainly no sign of insincerity when she speaks, its very difficult to give it the old 'the club belongs to the fans and without them its nothing' spiel without it sounding patronising, but when she says it you cant help but think she really means it.

Interesting that the subject of the Hampden pitch invasion was deftly bypassed, I presume because there is still the ongoing investigation and there may still be Sevco thugs to be identified :greengrin ........ Nice to hear the DVD get a mention too ..... if Hibs did have their own staff there filming the one bit of film missing from the day might yet turn up, that being film of David Gray's winner from the Mount Florida end with the Hibs fans erupting in the background, I would happily buy the DVD just for that.

Keep up the good work Leeann ... definitely our best signing in the last 2 years, well done Rod at least there is one thing you will be able to look back on and say you got right :aok:

The missing bit of film might be Lee Wallace attacking poor innocent Hibs fans. [emoji23]

NAE NOOKIE
09-07-2016, 03:49 PM
The missing bit of film might be Lee Wallace attacking poor innocent Hibs fans. [emoji23]

That's true .... I heard that he charged headlong into the advancing wall of Hibs fans screaming 'noooooo surrreeeennnnndddduuuuurrrrrrr' his lips curled back in a snarl of fury in an heroic attempt to protect the Sevco fans. That's what I heard anyway :dunno:

ManBearPig
09-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Do you have to sign up to hibs tv to view?

Hanny
09-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Do you have to sign up to hibs tv to view?

Nope - Free to watch

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/1120

Purehibee_MYB
09-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Another great interview from Leeann, she certainly instills a great deal of confidence in me and I'm sure most other supporters.

As an aside, I wish Grant could do all the HTV interviews. :greengrin

I said the same thing to my dad when I was watching the interview. Grant knows what questions to ask and how to conduct a really good interview, wish he was involved in the HTV interviews more!

As for Leann she has been the best thing to happen to this club for a very long time. She's pretty much convinced me to buy shares from that interview!

Ozyhibby
09-07-2016, 06:43 PM
I said the same thing to my dad when I was watching the interview. Grant knows what questions to ask and how to conduct a really good interview, wish he was involved in the HTV interviews more!

As for Leann she has been the best thing to happen to this club for a very long time. She's pretty much convinced me to buy shares from that interview!

I think the share issue is closed now? HSL is your best shot now.

Highland_Hibee
09-07-2016, 08:42 PM
I will never forget that Leeann could have just said "nae thanks" when nobody knew of what was going on behind the scenes as we dropped out of the top flight.

Skyegreen
09-07-2016, 08:51 PM
I really hope she's here for a good few years! Clever lass that knows the business of football clubs! I think we've hit the jackpot getting her and I think our club will go from strength to strength!

Supporters really need to get on board and start coming back to Easter Road. Exciting times ahead 💚👍

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-07-2016, 10:15 PM
Without doubt she is our best signing in decades

And like some of our players that will not have gone unnoticed by bigger and better clubs. You get the impression that this woman is the real deal and won't get messed around. I think that Lennon is the same.

Highland_Hibee
09-07-2016, 10:37 PM
And like some of our players that will not have gone unnoticed by bigger and better clubs. You get the impression that this woman is the real deal and won't get messed around. I think that Lennon is the same.

For sure but I also think she is a woman of her word. I don't think we will see her leave before she sees the club to where she thinks it should be. If she leaves and we are back competing in the top half of the Premier League then I'll thank her, for her work. :D