PDA

View Full Version : Cummings signs 4 year deal!

Hibs90
08-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Will be confirmed start of next week!

Superb stuff

Haymaker
08-07-2016, 03:42 PM
:hyper

GreenArmyyy!
08-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Seen that in the evening news! Cracking piece of business for us in the long term!

Sean1875
08-07-2016, 03:46 PM
I was fairly mixed on the prospect of keeping Cummings or selling him this summer but a 4 year deal is a fantastic piece of business for us, means we can command a fairly substantial transfer fee should he decide to move in the next couple years, brilliant bit of business!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greencore
No way😮😮😮

SJM
Fantastic news!!

CmoantheHibs
Great news. Bit surprised at the length of contract .

Finn2015
08-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Great news and hopefully, he will help take us back where we belong and when he does go, we can get a decent fee for him

J-C
08-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Great news. Bit surprised at the length of contract .

Length of contract means nothing nowadays, the main this is he is tied up to a decent contract and any sale later on will be a decent one, as long as he continues to score and get better.

WoreTheGreen
08-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Think l will wait for official word. EEN. Mmmmmnn

KdyHby
08-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Think l will wait for official word. EEN. Mmmmmnn

My view too

Callyballybe
08-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Will wait until an official announcement before getting too excited, but another great piece of business by the club if confirmed!

CmoantheHibs
08-07-2016, 03:58 PM
I do realise that.I just thought his agent would have wanted a shorter deal making the next deal easier and more profitable for himself. I get the impression that maybe Jason had a bit of a influence in this. just a guess on my part though.

Cocaine&Caviar
08-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Cant we delete this until something official? Potential to break a lot of hearts...

Pretty Boy
08-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Cant we delete this until something official? Potential to break a lot of hearts...

It breaks Hearts every day that they let him go.

biotech
08-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Bet there is a release clause. An offer of certain amount triggers a sale.

cabbageandribs1875
08-07-2016, 04:09 PM
IF he has then the laddie and/or his agent have shown a lot of common sense...credit where it's due, carry on as he's doing and the big bucks will come for him

hibs0666
08-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Four year deal has been in discussion for a while and there were people around Cummings that were very pro Hibs. There was a lot of discussions around the presence/value of a release clause.

OsloHibs
08-07-2016, 04:24 PM
I love jason so this makes me very happy indeed.

SJM
08-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Bet there is a release clause. An offer of certain amount triggers a sale.

£2m I would say

rcarter1
08-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Awesome news!! JC has a few quotes yet left in him it seems! :thumbsup:

Greencore
08-07-2016, 04:28 PM
£2m I would say

Would be hoping we would make it a bit higher. But we are a championship club. Would be a kick in the stones if we get promoted and got offered two million for him next season.

Callyballybe
08-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Would be hoping we would make it a bit higher. But we are a championship club. Would be a kick in the stones if we get promoted and got offered two million for him next season.
Yeah, I'd expect us to push for more. Expectation is that we will be a prem side next season, and with the amount of money flying around the English championship at the minute (my assumption of where he'll go next) should we not be looking at a potential release fee of £3mil, possibly £4mil?

Could be wrong, but I don't think that's wholly unreasonable if he can carry on scoring like he is when we're in the prem.

Keyser Sauzee
08-07-2016, 04:34 PM

Tbf tho almost all of the "golden generation" went for a similar fee bar Scott brown so I don't think we would be able to make it much higher than £2M, if there even is a release cause that is

Callyballybe
08-07-2016, 04:35 PM
It breaks Hearts every day that they let him go.
:greengrin:greengrin

The Captain....
08-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Great bit of business by Hibs..we've tied up two of our most talented players in Hanlon and Cummings. They'll both play a massive part in what should be a successful season. The pieces are slowly but surely falling into place.

Now Neil, lets see a decent, experienced keeper signed in time for Brondby.

Greencore
08-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I'd expect us to push for more. Expectation is that we will be a prem side next season, and with the amount of money flying around the English championship at the minute (my assumption of where he'll go next) should we not be looking at a potential release fee of £3mil, possibly £4mil?

My point exactly, if and a big IF this is true then it's great news for hibs and Cummings can only get better. But like others going to keep my hopes down until it is confirmed on the official site.

biotech
08-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Would expect Cummings and his agent to have pushed for relatively low release cause. Guessing at around £1m.

SJM
08-07-2016, 04:55 PM

Couldn't see much higher in the Scottish game these days tbh.

livi hibs 1875
08-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Would expect Cummings and his agent to have pushed for relatively low release cause. Guessing at around £1m.
Not sure it that was meant to be a woosh statement, but if not why would hibs accept such a low figure like 1 million

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Not sure it that was meant to be a woos statement, but if not why would hibs accept such a low figure like 1 million

If Cummings and his agent put that clause in, there's nothing we can do about it apart from let him run his contract down.

frasco
08-07-2016, 04:59 PM

Superb stuff

Brilliant news!

livi hibs 1875
08-07-2016, 05:03 PM
If Cummings and his agent put that clause in, there's nothing we can do about it apart from let him run his contract down.
I understand that but why would HIBS allow such a low clause in the contract, I can see a 2 million clause but not 1 million .

Well that's my thoughts , just can't see Rod or LD allowing that to happen.

Callum_62
08-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Where is this story even written?

blackpoolhibs
08-07-2016, 05:06 PM
I understand that but why would HIBS allow such a low clause in the contract, I can see a 2 million clause but not 1 million .

We dont hold all the cards here, he's into his last year of his contract and they will dictate the price a lot more than we can.

Although we dont even know for sure if he's signed a new contract and we dont even know if there's a clause?

Stevie Reid
08-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Where is this story even written?

Not confirmed yet, but if EN have it, it'll be happening: -

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jason-cummings-set-to-sign-new-four-year-deal-with-hibs-1-4173077

Diclonius
08-07-2016, 05:16 PM
**** me.

Big L
08-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Never seen that coming, have to say I'm delighted. Well done Neil Lennon and Leanne.

Vini1875
08-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Good news and the length of contract ensures we will get a handsome return. For me he still has a fair bit to do as a footballer to justify a £2M price tag, but now he has time to develop those skills at Hibs.

Hibernia&Alba
08-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Right, this had better happen now you've raised my hopes like this :greengrin

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Amazing news

Always great when a player shows his willingness to stay and develop in an era when agents are notorious for not giving a hoot about a player's career and only the £. Jase is a good player. Nothing more and nothing less at this stage of his career and has a lot to learn before moving on to another club.

I'd be looking to get another 2 years out him then let him go down south to a side in the EPL

SouthMoroccoStu
08-07-2016, 05:31 PM
The EEN trying to get back in our good books after the "Hibs Fans are all tattooed nazis" article

:wink:

Will wait for the club to confirm

It may be a Scott Brown style deal (sign up and he'll be given permission to speak when the right offer comes in) but THANK YOU Jason! This will be the best thing for you and the Hibees!

GGTTH

SJM
08-07-2016, 05:59 PM
The EEN trying to get back in our good books after the "Hibs Fans are all tattooed nazis" article

It may be a Scott Brown style deal (sign up and he'll be given permission to speak when the right offer comes in) but THANK YOU Jason! This will be the best thing for you and the Hibees!

GGTTH

You're joking right? Scott Brown handed in a transfer request to move. KT gets the abuse though.

MyJo
08-07-2016, 06:42 PM
superb news if true :agree:

Another two years with us with do him and the club the world of good and the spare two years should secure us a decent transfer fee when the time comes.

Even if there is a release clause in the new contract Cummings should know that Hibs won't stand in his way if a club does come in for him with a sensible offer.

easty
08-07-2016, 06:51 PM
You're joking right? Scott Brown handed in a transfer request to move. KT gets the abuse though.

KT left...walking along broken glass for his big move.

Broony stayed and won the league cup, then brought us our highest ever transfer fee recieved.

cabbageandribs1875
08-07-2016, 06:57 PM

Broony stayed and won the league cup, then brought us our highest ever transfer fee recieved.

all this :agree: it was just unfortunate KT's mum had to work 2 jobs to put food on the table

SouthMoroccoStu
08-07-2016, 07:30 PM

Nope not joking

We got £4.5m for Brown - still our record transfer - and he helped win us the league cup

Is that bad return?

SouthMoroccoStu
08-07-2016, 07:32 PM

Sorry easty - I practically repeated your post :flag:

Ken
08-07-2016, 08:47 PM
Great news if true!!!

If it is a 4 year deal I think it'll be with a release clause of around £1m

Eyrie
08-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Delighted if this is confirmed.

Waxy
08-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Really hope this is true.

Stokesy's on fire
08-07-2016, 10:12 PM

Kevin Thomson played for free...

Ronniekirk
08-07-2016, 10:26 PM
Article in Evenings News days he will sign new four year contract next week so Lennon has tied up Hanlon and Cummings on long term contracts and persuaded Foster to resign
Now he just needs to pull that Rabbit put the Hat and put new Season Ticket target will be within sight in mo tome at all

jgl07
08-07-2016, 10:28 PM
Yes but Scott Brown saw the season out, and collected a League Cup winners medal. He finished with Hibs scoring the equaliser against Celtic on the way to a 2-1 Hibs win.

Captain Trips
08-07-2016, 11:31 PM

How much would we get for Cummings right now? I think he would go for less than £1m. A contract with a bit of length and even a clause of £1m puts Hibs in a better position than we are in now. £1m makes sense to me from his side and ours.

Win win for me.

Onceinawhile
09-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Will wait on either Hibs confirming or 1 of the two posters I think are genuinely it before celebrating.

He's got a way to go, but he's got all the potential in the world.

The_Horde
09-07-2016, 12:12 AM

GGTTH

Blonde hair and blue eyes. He's one of the master race.. :hilarious

monktonharp
09-07-2016, 12:24 AM
If he signs a 4 year contract, I'll eat my Broccoli

ian cruise
09-07-2016, 01:20 AM
If he signs a 4 year contract, I'll eat my Broccoli

Bath tub full of broccoli outside Easter Road?

scoopyboy
09-07-2016, 06:41 AM
Could also have been tempted by a clause along the lines of player gets 25% of any fee above the first £1 million, ie if sold for £1.5 million he would get 25% of half a million which is £125,000.

A sell out clause isn't always a straight figure.

Nutmegged
09-07-2016, 07:05 AM
Great news if true, we've got a very talented squad, while there's obvious positions we need to strengthen I'd say tying up players is even more vital to pur future success

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
09-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Im not his biggest fan, but this is great news and im very pleasantly surprised.

Of course he will have a clause, he would be daft not to.

But its good for him as he meeeds to be playing and improving, and good for hibs protecting our financial asset.

Im sure there is a hefty wage rise for him too. Everyones a winner!

Finn2015
09-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Genuine question and I'm not having a pop, just genuinely interested. There seems to be quite a few who have come out with the opinion that they are not much for Cummings, 'not his biggest fan', 'let's cash in', 'won't be missed' etc etc. I'm not just referring to this board by the way, seen these statements or opinions on other pages, Facebook etc. Just wondering why there is a groundswell of opinion like this? Personally, I think he has been great for us and his scoring record is impressive. Not here to argue, just genuinely interested why there are quite a few fans who feel this way

Aldo
09-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Genuine question and I'm not having a pop, just genuinely interested. There seems to be quite a few who have come out with the opinion that they are not much for Cummings, 'not his biggest fan', 'let's cash in', 'won't be missed' etc etc. I'm not just referring to this board by the way, seen these statements or opinions on other pages, Facebook etc. Just wondering why there is a groundswell of opinion like this? Personally, I think he has been great for us and his scoring record is impressive. Not here to argue, just genuinely interested why there are quite a few fans who feel this way

Jason signing a new 4 year contract along with Paul signing are probably our 2 best pieces of business this summer (Lennon was another). Both would have left voids I personally don't think we could have filled in our current budget.

Jason has his faults like other players but the goals he has scored speaks itself.

Paul for me would be first on the team sheet every game. Quality player.

High-On-Hibs
09-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Good to still have him on board if true. He really does need to pick himself up though as he was atrocious for the latter half of last season.

Allant1981
09-07-2016, 11:34 AM
To be honest im not really fussed if other parts of his game arent that great, if he can score between 20-30 goals again this season ill be happy, we need other players to chip in this season as well

PeeJay
09-07-2016, 11:37 AM

I don't rate him very highly myself: his overall development has been sluggish to say the least. The fact he is still in the lowly Championship with us, for the third season in a row, surely says a lot about high highly rated he is by the professionals out there ...

CapitalGreen
09-07-2016, 11:48 AM
I don't rate him very highly myself: his overall development has been sluggish to say the least. The fact he is still in the lowly Championship with us, for the third season in a row, surely says a lot about high highly rated he is by the professionals out there ...

Professionals such as Neil Lennon and Alan Stubbs?

Cummings is arguably ahead of where Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths were at 20 years old.

Shrekko
09-07-2016, 11:49 AM

I'm sure 80% of SPL teams would take him a heartbeat and you know it. He's at Hibs- nothing 'lowly' about that.

He's actually played TWO seasons in the championship and has managed 47 goals in those 2 years including umpteen against SPL teams and Rangers. He also scores goals at under 21 level for Scotland.

I'm sure he's pretty highly rated by professionals out there... guys like Stubbs and Lennon?

I don't think you could call his progress 'sluggish' seeing as he wasn't even in pro football 3 years ago.

Seriously I despair with some of the rubbish you read on here about our own players.

green day
09-07-2016, 11:53 AM
How much would it cost us to buy a 20+ goal striker?

That's what I ask when people criticise JC.

Still not got a sensible answer......

Billy Whizz
09-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Professionals such as Neil Lennon and Alan Stubbs?

Cummings is arguably ahead of where Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths were at 20 years old.

Of course he is, although so called "experts" on here continue to knock him

bigwheel
09-07-2016, 12:04 PM

Exactly. If we were rumoured to be signing (say) Kane Hemmings. Who has not scored as much as Cummings , and is 4 years older - people on here would be dancing with happiness

He is work in progress - but a wonderful natural goal scorer - we've not had too many of those ...

Billychaotic182
09-07-2016, 12:09 PM
HSL are tweeting about it so there must be truth in this.

Itsnoteasy
09-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Could also have been tempted by a clause along the lines of player gets 25% of any fee above the first £1 million, ie if sold for £1.5 million he would get 25% of half a million which is £125,000.

A sell out clause isn't always a straight figure.

We will be lucky to get £500000 for him. Goalscorer in the Championship against, RR, Morton etc etc

Marco G
09-07-2016, 12:20 PM
We will be lucky to get £500000 for him. Goalscorer in the Championship against, RR, Morton etc etc
Always looking on the bright side of life, eh? Maybe more important is if he stays and scores the goals that help us to promotion, it will be worth a heck of a lot more than half a million.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Cocaine&Caviar
09-07-2016, 12:23 PM

Whereas £1m for Sow who was scoring against...

CapitalGreen
09-07-2016, 12:26 PM

Try harder mate

8 against Rangers
4 against Hearts
6 against other Premier League teams
3 goals in 6 under 21 games
Scottish Cup winner

lord bunberry
09-07-2016, 12:28 PM

Sluggish!!!! Are you for real? He wasn't even a professional footballer 3 years ago. He's now a first team regular, a Scotland under 21 player and has scored a load of goals. I despair sometimes.

SJM
09-07-2016, 12:28 PM

KT left because he wouldn't sign a new deal and Collins treated him like *****. scott brown stayed because a transfer request was turned down. Truth.

ozhibs
09-07-2016, 12:29 PM
To be honest im not really fussed if other parts of his game arent that great, if he can score between 20-30 goals again this season ill be happy, we need other players to chip in this season as well

I'm with you on this I don't know why peeps give him such a hard time, mind you I could have killed him for that penalty miss against DU in the SC semifinal

Just Jimmy
09-07-2016, 12:29 PM

We did in James collins.

Point is even when you part with hard cash for someone proven its still hit or miss how they'll fit in here. Folk were criticising Stokes until that fateful day ffs.

Chelsea spent 50million on torres...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SJM
09-07-2016, 12:38 PM
all this :agree: it was just unfortunate KT's mum had to work 2 jobs to put food on the table

Hibs fans believing what they read in the record? Hmm.

Phil MaGlass
09-07-2016, 12:39 PM

Please tell me youre kidding. Young lad learning his trade bags 47 goals in 2 seasons.still has more than 10 yrs inthe game. 500.000 really. I mean really?? I actually see him going for more than 2 million in a couple of years. You dont fluke 47 goals.
Great news if true. Well done Hibs and Cummings

SJM
09-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Yes but Scott Brown saw the season out, and collected a League Cup winners medal. He finished with Hibs scoring the equaliser against Celtic on the way to a 2-1 Hibs win.

He seen the season out because we turned down a transfer request after we rejected rangers bid and he had no alternative. Celtic signed him after the Scottish cup semi loss.

Lago
09-07-2016, 01:02 PM
Not sure he has signed, my reading is that he is expected to sign.

Jdawg
09-07-2016, 01:16 PM
I'm sure 80% of SPL teams would take him a heartbeat and you know it. He's at Hibs- nothing 'lowly' about that.

He's actually played TWO seasons in the championship and has managed 47 goals in those 2 years including umpteen against SPL teams and Rangers. He also scores goals at under 21 level for Scotland.

I'm sure he's pretty highly rated by professionals out there... guys like Stubbs and Lennon?

I don't think you could call his progress 'sluggish' seeing as he sang even in pro football 3 years ago.

Seriously I despair with some of the rubbish you read on here about our own players.

Spot on.

Greencore
09-07-2016, 01:25 PM
He makes the jambo's cry. Who can forget memory's like this ...

https://youtu.be/cUPq5labjCQ

They love him😂

dangermouse
09-07-2016, 01:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/cUPq5labjCQ

They love him

link dosen't work

SJM
09-07-2016, 01:27 PM

They love him😂

He comes from near dalry, he makes the jambos cry 👍

Greencore
09-07-2016, 01:32 PM
link dosen't work

Does now

Since90+2
09-07-2016, 02:13 PM
He has not signed it yet but is expected to next week. He is signing on the provision that if a decent bid comes in Hibs will not stand in his way.

No idea about sell on clauses ect.

Alfred E Newman
09-07-2016, 02:37 PM

I don't think you could call his progress 'sluggish' seeing as he sang even in pro football 3 years ago.

:agree:
Couldn't put it better myself. It's utter crap .

Finn2015
09-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Try harder mate

8 against Rangers
4 against Hearts
Scottish Cup winner
Impressive CV even if he has spent majority of time in the championship but really, maybe Celtic apart, I don't think there is a huge chasm between the two leagues. We have certainly proved that in games against top flight teams over the last couple of years

Aldo
09-07-2016, 03:36 PM
He makes the jambo's cry. Who can forget memory's like this ... https://youtu.be/cUPq5labjCQ They love himdde02

PMSL - goal goes in a cry from the crowd 'Cummings you reject'. O the seethe!

Funny as

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 03:41 PM
HSL on twitter asking you to retweet or like if you think it is a good or bad signing....

What exactly is the point they are trying to accomplish with this guff?

My_Wife_Camille
09-07-2016, 03:45 PM
HSL on twitter asking you to retweet or like if you think it is a good or bad signing....

Asking if fans are happy about the prospect of Jason signing a new deal? Genuinely don't see the problem

--------
09-07-2016, 03:47 PM

:agree: Seriously, I despair with the rubbish you read on here, period.

AS you say, JC has played 2 seasons in the Championship and scored 47 goals. He's played numerous Cup-ties against Premiership sides and at no time has he looked out of his depth. He also plays and scored for Scotland u-21s.

He's still a young player learning his trade; at times he displays a lack of judgement, perhaps, but very few players haven't done THAT at one time or another.

Paul Hanlon re-signed a few weeks ago; now it's reported Jason's done the same. And this while the manager's playing hooky in paris at the Euros.

Ain't it a good thing Leeann and Neil know about airlines and emails? :devil:

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Asking if fans are happy about the prospect of Jason signing a new deal? Genuinely don't see the problem

It's stupid. They should stay well clear of this and concentrate on their mandate.

Why would anyone not be happy?

--------
09-07-2016, 03:58 PM
It's stupid. They should stay well clear of this and concentrate on their mandate.

This is Hibs.net. When was the last time everyone was happy together on Hibs.net?

FWIW, I remember on the evening of 1st January 1973 one Hibs fan in my village girning that it was an 'absolute disgrace' that Hibs had 'only' scored 2 goals in the second half at Tynie - they 'only won 7-0' when they 'should have had double figures easy'.

(It was my dad.)

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-07-2016, 04:02 PM

Not a slur on jase as I like him a lot but given the time on the pitch Jason has had I think Keats could easy score 20+ a season.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 04:07 PM
This is Hibs.net. When was the last time everyone was happy together on Hibs.net?

FWIW, I remember on the evening of 1st January 1973 one Hibs fan in my village girning that it was an 'absolute disgrace' that Hibs had 'only' scored 2 goals in the second half at Tynie - they 'only won 7-0' when they 'should have had double figures easy'.

(It was my dad.)

Your dad was correct on that one....:aok:

Itsnoteasy
09-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Try harder mate

8 against Rangers
4 against Hearts
Scottish Cup winner
Rangers were a championship team
Hertz were a championship team accept for SC goals x 2

Viva_Palmeiras
09-07-2016, 04:08 PM

Much of the stuff that goes on in the tinternet is not grounded in reality.
And that's without even getting into the "do you actually attend the games"? Question and some of the stuff is clearly an attempt by some chimps to write the entire works of Shakespeare.

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.

And now for something completely different...

BroxburnHibee
09-07-2016, 04:11 PM

Wonder who runs the twitter account?

With LD and SD on the board of HSL I'm surprised they're allowing stuff like that.

Reads like something you'd see on the retro or fans views pages.

Itsnoteasy
09-07-2016, 04:16 PM
Please tell me youre kidding. Young lad learning his trade bags 47 goals in 2 seasons.still has more than 10 yrs inthe game. 500.000 really. I mean really?? I actually see him going for more than 2 million in a couple of years. You dont fluke 47 goals.
Great news if true. Well done Hibs and Cummings
John Baird fi the bairns scored one less than JC in the championship this season, he is hardly worth a million.

Blaster
09-07-2016, 04:17 PM
John Baird fi the bairns scored one less than JC in the championship this season, he is hardly worth a million.

What age is John Baird?

Greencore
09-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Apprently JC is worth just under £300k. Although he does have one year on his contract with us. Would expect that value to rise if he signs a new deal

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jason-cummings/profil/spieler/209583

easty
09-07-2016, 04:19 PM
KT left because he wouldn't sign a new deal and Collins treated him like *****. scott brown stayed because a transfer request was turned down. Truth.

Aye ok then. Truth...if you say so.

--------
09-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Your dad was correct on that one....:aok:

:brickwall

hibs0666
09-07-2016, 04:21 PM

What's your point?

Borderhibbie76
09-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Away and support your "local team" then if you have nothing positive to say - dearie me what a negative outlook on your "team" and I use the inverted commas deliberately

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

easty
09-07-2016, 04:22 PM

John Baird who scored 10 the season before, and 8 the season before that?

You're right he's hardly worth a million.

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Wonder who runs the twitter account?

With LD and SD on the board of HSL I'm surprised they're allowing stuff like that.

Reads like something you'd see on the retro or fans views pages.

Indeed, would have thought they would steer clear of stuff like they posted

Blaster
09-07-2016, 04:30 PM

And who is 30 year old. Pointless comparison eh

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 04:30 PM
:brickwall

:greengrin

I was only two weeks old.....Why was I not born a lot earlier?

CapitalGreen
09-07-2016, 04:31 PM

Never claimed they weren't Championship sides, but in their Championship winning seasons they both vastly outperformed us in the league.

SJM
09-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Aye ok then. Truth...if you say so.

I know so.

Are you saying brown didn't put in a transfer request to get his move? Are you saying that he didn't take it back when he was told he could leave at the end of the season and signed for Celtic in March? Thomson didn't.

SJM
09-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Away and support your "local team" then if you have nothing positive to say - dearie me what a negative outlook on your "team" and I use the inverted commas deliberately

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Classy.

BSEJVT
09-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Classy.

Less classy than the nonsense perpetually spouted by Gorgie Greens or you?

Bostonhibby
09-07-2016, 09:25 PM

Is it really officially HSL? Not really what I thought their mandate was and wasn't what I signed up to and extended the period for:confused:

SJM
09-07-2016, 09:27 PM

Do I tell anyone to do one because I don't agree with what they say? Jog on 👍

CapitalGreen
09-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Is it really officially HSL? Not really what I thought their mandate was and wasn't what I signed up to and extended the period for:confused:

Not the biggest fan of the HSL Twitter output but greater interaction with followers increases exposure of the subject which should hopefully lead to more sign ups. It will probably be a good opportunity for somebody with social media marketing experience to take on once HSL grows but it's not something I'm going to get my knickers in a twist about just now.

Hiber-nation
09-07-2016, 09:35 PM

Looks like it. Very strange that an organisation wanting fans to help fund Hibs are asking if our main striker's new deal is a good one.

Mr White
09-07-2016, 09:37 PM
Do I tell anyone to do one because I don't agree with what they say? Jog on 👍

You just did didn't you?

Bostonhibby
09-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Not the biggest fan of the HSL Twitter output but greater interaction with followers increases exposure of the subject which should hopefully lead to more sign ups. It will probably be a good opportunity for somebody with social media marketing experience to take on once HSL grows but it's not something I'm going to get my knickers in a twist about just now.

:agree: My underpants are as crisply starched as ever, twist free on this one.

I was just a bit concerned that being a vehicle to buy shares in the club for fans seemed to be starting to move to something additional and maybe not that related to the mandate (?). Sure, use social media to get more sign ups, we already have, but not convinced the JC question posed will do that, might well see a similar debate to here arising though.

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 09:51 PM

Yes it's great having interaction, but they have to be savvy with it....The question of whether fan's thinking JC getting a 4 year deal, was good or bad, was just plain stupidity....

CapitalGreen
09-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Yes it's great having interaction, but they have to be savvy with it....The question of whether fan's thinking JC getting a 4 year deal, was good or bad, was just plain stupidity....

Agreed they could do with better social media management.

Waxy
10-07-2016, 09:23 AM

Agree. They really should just sack the head of social media. Hope its not anyone important.

HappyHibby93
10-07-2016, 11:11 AM

I think in fairness they have tried to get fans to retweet the tweet, hence a wider audience. Not so sure it's as bad as you are making out. HSL, may not be for everyone but from where I'm sitting they are doing not too bad a job for the club. In her interview, Leeann, stated that very fact. This is a storm in a tea cup for me and I'll not get you started on loyalty points!.. Think you also had a good bash at HSL, when that came about, even though it was the club.

:agree: I agree, can't see why some are questioning a tweet that gets fans involved. It wasn't that long ago that some were wanting a bigger say, more involvement.

Nae pleasing some... :wink:

Absolutely, it wasn't that long ago that they emailed their members asking for them to get involved, looking for fans to step forward and offer their skills.

I'm not so sure FoH was always so polished, their fans were queuing up to get involved. Like you, I'm not getting my knickers in a twist over a tweet that in all seriousness, isn't that bad or offensive.

The club and the fans are closer now than they have been for years, perhaps now is the time for HSL to be embraced (ownership 9 - 10%) as part of the Hibs family.

GGTTH

:flag::flag:

Ozyhibby
10-07-2016, 11:12 AM

I would have thought it was obvious. They are fishing for retweets to increase their reach among fellow Hibs supporters. They know most Hibs fans will be happy so they have made it 'retweet for Happy'. If they were genuinely canvassing opinion they could have set up a poll but all they really want is to increase awareness of HSL. Does the pic with the tweet look in any way negative?
I suspect you know all this but saw a chance to have another dig at HSL.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160710/4a16042a0674dd64d8386eac9b3d1f15.png
The HSL Twitter account has been doing a great job.

PeeJay
10-07-2016, 11:43 AM

I don't think you could call his progress 'sluggish' seeing as he wasn't even in pro football 3 years ago.

1) We're in the Championship for the 3rd season - there is nothing other than lowly to be used for that ...
2) I am aware he has played TWO seasons, we are however entering the THIRD, which is what I clearly stated ...
3) I didn't say he couldn't score goals (even if most of them are in the Championship) - I questioned his development, maybe you are happy with Hibs in the Championship and his development, fine. I wonder why he isn't progressing: is it his fault, or the Club's. Personally, I'd blame the Club ... you probably think it's folk like me ...

The "professionals" out there I alluded to - rather than the "experts" on here like yourself maybe haven't seen enough in Cummings for them to put money on the table to get him out of the Championship - I thought it was a fair point myself. There must be a reason no-body wants him outside the lowly Championship - or what is your view on that?

As to the " he's a young guy" crap being posted on here - we have young guys of 20 playing in Germany's national team - if your'e good enough and all that ...

Eyrie
10-07-2016, 12:00 PM
I would have thought it was obvious. They are fishing for retweets to increase their reach among fellow Hibs supporters. They know most Hibs fans will be happy so they have made it 'retweet for Happy'. If they were genuinely canvassing opinion they could have set up a poll but all they really want is to increase awareness of HSL. Does the pic with the tweet look in any way negative?

There's no need for the "not happy" option though.

CapitalGreen
10-07-2016, 12:07 PM
1) We're in the Championship for the 3rd season - there is nothing other than lowly to be used for that ...
2) I am aware he has played TWO seasons, we are however entering the THIRD, which is what I clearly stated ...
3) I didn't say he couldn't score goals (even if most of them are in the Championship) - I questioned his development, maybe you are happy with Hibs in the Championship and his development, fine. I wonder why he isn't progressing: is it his fault, or the Club's. Personally, I'd blame the Club ... you probably think it's folk like me ...

The "professionals" out there I alluded to - rather than the "experts" on here like yourself maybe haven't seen enough in Cummings for them to put money on the table to get him out of the Championship - I thought it was a fair point myself. There must be a reason no-body wants him outside the lowly Championship - or what is your view on that?

As to the " he's a young guy" crap being posted on here - we have young guys of 20 playing in Germany's national team - if your'e good enough and all that ...

13/14 - 2 goals
14/15 - 21 goals
15/16 - 25 goals

The above to me suggests progress.

The fact he is still at Hibs does not mean he hasn't been coveted by other clubs. You are also selective in your consideration of professionals, are Stubbs and Lennon not professionals? Lennon (one of the best players to have played in Scotland since 2000 and a thrice league winner as manager) wants to get him on a 4 year contract.

easty
10-07-2016, 12:18 PM

Comparing him to a full German international is a bit pointless.

RealRonnieKirk
10-07-2016, 12:56 PM
This is terrific news. Hopefully can push for 25 goals this season. Lenny should get the best out of him http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Ronniekirk
10-07-2016, 01:44 PM
This is terrific news. Hopefully can push for 25 goals this season. Lenny should get the best out of him http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif
Agree

Ps Like your user name

Beefster
10-07-2016, 02:11 PM
I know so.

Are you saying brown didn't put in a transfer request to get his move? Are you saying that he didn't take it back when he was told he could leave at the end of the season and signed for Celtic in March? Thomson didn't.

To be fair, everything in your post has been in the public domain for 9 years.

HibbySpurs
10-07-2016, 02:46 PM

They love him😂

Pleasing😎😂🏆

Itsnoteasy
10-07-2016, 06:14 PM

I was one of not very many at match today.After today's display I think Holt will put a few on the plate for JC. Also JC wasn't always going for goal himself unlike other seasons. Keep up the good work JC you may make the £1m bracket one day.

BSEJVT
10-07-2016, 06:18 PM
I was one of not very many at match today.After today's display I think Holt will put a few on the plate for JC. Also JC wasn't always going for goal himself unlike other seasons. Keep up the good work JC you may make the £1m bracket one day.

As was I and I agree entirely with your summation, other than the fact that he will make it and do soon.:thumbsup:

staunchhibby
10-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Took the huff when McGinn took the ball off him for the free kick on the edge of the box

Itsnoteasy
10-07-2016, 06:20 PM

That would say to me like JC he has improved, scoring more goals each season with a team that couldn't beat us in the league in regulation time.

CapitalGreen
10-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Took the huff when McGinn took the ball off him for the free kick on the edge of the box

McGinn's free kick was gash, should have let Cummings take it.

Baldy Foghorn
10-07-2016, 06:59 PM

It was stupid to ask if it was a bad signing....Not allowed to say anything now?

Baldy Foghorn
10-07-2016, 07:00 PM
I think in fairness they have tried to get fans to retweet the tweet, hence a wider audience. Not so sure it's as bad as you are making out. HSL, may not be for everyone but from where I'm sitting they are doing not too bad a job for the club. In her interview, Leeann, stated that very fact. This is a storm in a tea cup for me and I'll not get you started on loyalty points!.. Think you also had a good bash at HSL, when that came about, even though it was the club.

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

ozhibs
10-07-2016, 10:53 PM

(It was my dad.)

I actually remember thinking the same thing and cursing them for taking the foot off the gas. :agree:

monktonharp
10-07-2016, 11:37 PM

Seriously I despair with some of the rubbish you read on here about our own players.he's not brilliant at penalties against Hamilton:wink:

Geo_1875
11-07-2016, 09:28 AM
It was stupid to ask if it was a bad signing....Not allowed to say anything now?

But they didn't ask if it was a bad signing.

I'm not happy at the prospect of Jason signing a 4 years deal.

He should show some loyalty and sign up for 10 years and donate half his salary to HSL.

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Is this supposed to be signed sealed and delivered today?

AlbertK86
11-07-2016, 09:38 AM
He makes the jambo's cry. Who can forget memory's like this ... https://youtu.be/cUPq5labjCQ They love himdde02

Brilliant never tire of hearing the hurt and seethe

Keith_M
11-07-2016, 09:58 AM
:I'm waiti

Diclonius
11-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Is it happening tho?

hibee_nation
11-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Not happening due to the lack of retweets :greengrin

Leithenhibby
11-07-2016, 12:29 PM
But they didn't ask if it was a bad signing.

I'm not happy at the prospect of Jason signing a 4 years deal.

He should show some loyalty and sign up for 10 years and donate half his salary to HSL.

We shouldn't let the truth get in the way of a good thread that will run and run!..

Just sign here, Jason!.. - http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
11-07-2016, 12:45 PM
We shouldn't let the truth get in the way of a good thread that will run and run!..

Just sign here, Jason!.. - http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

GGTTH

Why even ask people if they were happy or not, with our top scorer signing a 4 year deal?

Thought the HSL mandate was to collect money and purchase shares? Maybe a social media lesson for you guys is needed, HSL doing great things, raising plenty of money, don't detract from that good work.

Ozyhibby
11-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Why even ask people if they were happy or not, with our top scorer signing a 4 year deal?

Thought the HSL mandate was to collect money and purchase shares? Maybe a social media lesson for you guys is needed, HSL doing great things, raising plenty of money, don't detract from that good work.

From you? [emoji23]

allezsauzee
11-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Does now

This might be the most entertaining commentary on a football clip ever. Loving the seethe

CRAZYHIBBY
11-07-2016, 01:08 PM
So is he signing or not...surely one of the pay your tenner a month crew must know

Keith_M
11-07-2016, 01:12 PM
So is he signing or not...surely one of the pay your tenner a month crew must know

I don't think anybody pays a tenner a month

...otherwise I owe an extra 110 quid for last year (don't bother asking, yir no gettin it :na na:)

Baldy Foghorn
11-07-2016, 01:15 PM
From you? [emoji23]

Meaning?

Hibbyradge
11-07-2016, 01:16 PM
I don't think anybody pays a tenner a month

...otherwise I owe an extra 110 quid for last year (don't bother asking, yir no gettin it :na na:)

Are you still only in the 84 pence a month club?

I'll put a word in for you.

Keith_M
11-07-2016, 01:20 PM
Are you still only in the 84 pence a month club?

I'll put a word in for you.

Jeezo, I didn't realise there was another level of privilege above the Private Members.

Is it called the Especially Private Members or the Uber Private Members forum?

CapitalGreen
11-07-2016, 01:20 PM

Surely the mandate is determined by the members, via the board of HSL. At present, the members have signed up with an initial board in place. Going forward, via the one-member one-vote system the members will be able to shape the goals and objectives of HSL.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-07-2016, 01:45 PM

In 3 years he has gone from being a landscape gardener playing for Hutchy Vale to scoring nearly 50 goals for Hibs, scoring in numerous big games, winning the Scottish cup, representing his country and hitting 20+ goals in both his first two seasons as a pro.

Sluggish?[emoji23]
You're at it.

BSEJVT
11-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Jeezo, I didn't realise there was another level of privilege above the Private Members.

There are actually both and probably at least another couple of levels beyond that that I am not aware of.

Its why you see so much crap being posted,

Folk trying to up their post count to get to the next tier.

bod
11-07-2016, 02:04 PM

pay me a tenner a month & i'll answer you.(might not be the correct answer mind you)

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-07-2016, 02:18 PM

Why so negative? Do you think scoring against Hearts in the season they romped the championship was an easier task than him scoring against the likes of St Johnstone, Ross County, Hamilton etc in the prem? What a lot of nonsense. Same goes for Rangers last season. Two teams who were flying, beating everyone in front of them, full of confidence. Both were in the championship due to finances, not because their defenders were easier to score against.
Some of the goals he has scored against Hearts and Rangers have been absolutely outstanding as well.
Will never understand fans who are deliberately negative about our players when it's not necessary.

Keith_M
11-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Are we there yet?

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Well all that carry on and after reading all that, nothing. Hope this turns out to be true and he stays

Bostonhibby
11-07-2016, 04:27 PM
In 3 years he has gone from being a landscape gardener playing for Hutchy Vale to scoring nearly 50 goals for Hibs, scoring in numerous big games, winning the Scottish cup, representing his country and hitting 20+ goals in both his first two seasons as a pro.

Sluggish?[emoji23]
You're at it.

And he has the distinction of scoring very important goals against the team who dumped him when he was injured - he seems to enjoy it as well.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-07-2016, 04:31 PM
And he has the distinction of scoring very important goals against the team who dumped him when he was injured - he seems to enjoy it as well.

Another plus. Just like Riordan and Griffiths, he loves a goal against them [emoji1360]

Ronniekirk
11-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Are we there yet?

Lennon saying the deal is nearly done But the real ronnie kirk will be along shortly to update you green grin

Itsnoteasy
11-07-2016, 05:34 PM
Why so negative? Do you think scoring against Hearts in the season they romped the championship was an easier task than him scoring against the likes of St Johnstone, Ross County, Hamilton etc in the prem? What a lot of nonsense. Same goes for Rangers last season. Two teams who were flying, beating everyone in front of them, full of confidence. Both were in the championship due to finances, not because their defenders were easier to score against.
Some of the goals he has scored against Hearts and Rangers have been absolutely outstanding as well.
Will never understand fans who are deliberately negative about our players when it's not necessary.

Guess you never read my post on page 5. How did you feel he played against the well

My_Wife_Camille
11-07-2016, 05:37 PM
The ones moaning about the Twitter feed simply don't understand how Twitter works.

The whole point in organisations like HSL having a Twitter feed is to spread the word and hopefully gain more followers and then more subscribers. Asking fans to Retweet if they think it is a good signing is nothing more than a guaranteed way of spreading the HSL word through twitter as the vast majority of people agree it is a good signing. The alternative choice is to 'favourite' the tweet which doesn't share with anyone so even those who have voted that it isn't a good signing don't get their voice heard anyway.

I'd id put my house on the assumption that the majority of people complaining about this are 40+ years old that didn't grow up with social media

Bostonhibby
11-07-2016, 05:46 PM
Lennon saying the deal is nearly done But the real ronnie kirk will be along shortly to update you green grin

Aw crap, so you've been an impostor all along?:wink: shows you how easily I got conned reading your posts all these years.

Bostonhibby
11-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Another plus. Just like Riordan and Griffiths, he loves a goal against them [emoji1360]

One of the many reasons that I think we have to keep him on the right contract if we possibly can.

blackpoolhibs
11-07-2016, 05:56 PM
The ones moaning about the Twitter feed simply don't understand how Twitter works.

The whole point in organisations like HSL having a Twitter feed is to spread the word and hopefully gain more followers and then more subscribers. Asking fans to Retweet if they think it is a good signing is nothing more than a guaranteed way of spreading the HSL word through twitter as the vast majority of people agree it is a good signing. The alternative choice is to 'favourite' the tweet which doesn't share with anyone so even those who have voted that it isn't a good signing don't get their voice heard anyway.

I'd id put my house on the assumption that the majority of people complaining about this are 40+ years old that didn't grow up with social media

:agree: :top marks

ian cruise
11-07-2016, 06:03 PM

Rangers beat the Scottish champions Celtic to get to the Scottish Cup final so they were no push overs

Hearts were a championship team who got promoted by a massive margin and then finished 3rd in the top league the next year? Yeah I would say goals scored against both those teams count as an achievement.

Ozyhibby
11-07-2016, 06:09 PM

Exactly. Some people just want to have a go at HSL for some reason. Strange considering it's just a collection of 1500 Hibs fans who have put £300k in to the club in just over a year. Why any Hibs fan would be against that, I don't know?
Whoever is doing the HSL social media stuff is doing a great job.

Bostonhibby
11-07-2016, 06:13 PM

Open to tweeters and retweeters only - nae over 40's please.:wink: That's age, weight or waist size.

BSEJVT
11-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Open to tweeters and retweeters only - nae over 40's please.:wink: That's age, weight or waist size.

Knackered on all three counts then

Finn2015
11-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Exactly. Some people just want to have a go at HSL for some reason. Strange considering it's just a collection of 1500 Hibs fans who have put £300k in to the club in just over a year. Why any Hibs fan would be against that, I don't know?

Agreed. Love this board but some people will moan about anything. The HSL is a great initiative

Leithenhibby
11-07-2016, 07:01 PM

:agree: Making it very clear from where I'm sitting :aok:

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate.html

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
11-07-2016, 07:06 PM

You'll find out the name, if you're allowed in.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-07-2016, 07:06 PM
Guess you never read my post on page 5. How did you feel he played against the well

Which post? I read your post about him only being worth 500k as he's only scored against the likes of Morton and Raith. Also thought that was extremely harsh and pretty negative as he's literally scored against every team that's been put in front of him.
Including his goal yesterday, his record against premier teams is hugely impressive.
Fwiw, I thought his form for the second half of last season was pretty poor and his misses V's Raith, penalty in the semi etc deserve criticism. Just think it's very unfair to almost discount numerous goals against Hearts and Rangers just because they were in the championship. Both of those teams would have finished comfortably top 4 in the premier, as Hearts showed last season.
I would never read too much into any players form in a pre season game, however a goal and a good assist yesterday seems a decent return. 3 pre season games so far and he's scored in each of them. I would suggest that's something for us to be positive about.
Anyway, has he signed yet?

Baldy Foghorn
11-07-2016, 07:09 PM

You are obviously in with the bricks, great....Care to elaborate on what you meant earlier?

Lago
11-07-2016, 07:10 PM
So this is the beginning of next week & I've yet to see the slights report of him signing a 4 year deal:confused:

Itsnoteasy
11-07-2016, 07:17 PM
Which post? I read your post about him only being worth 500k as he's only scored against the likes of Morton and Raith. Also thought that was extremely harsh and pretty negative as he's literally scored against every team that's been put in front of him.
Including his goal yesterday, his record against premier teams is hugely impressive.
Fwiw, I thought his form for the second half of last season was pretty poor and his misses V's Raith, penalty in the semi etc deserve criticism. Just think it's very unfair to almost discount numerous goals against Hearts and Rangers just because they were in the championship. Both of those teams would have finished comfortably top 4 in the premier, as Hearts showed last season.
I would never read too much into any players form in a pre season game, however a goal and a good assist yesterday seems a decent return. 3 pre season games so far and he's scored in each of them. I would suggest that's something for us to be positive about.
Anyway, has he signed yet?

Below is my post after game against Motherwell

I was one of not very many at match today.After today's display I think Holt will put a few on the plate for JC. Also JC wasn't always going for goal himself unlike other seasons. Keep up the good work JC you may make the £1m bracket one day

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-07-2016, 07:33 PM

I was one of not very many at match today.After today's display I think Holt will put a few on the plate for JC. Also JC wasn't always going for goal himself unlike other seasons. Keep up the good work JC you may make the £1m bracket one day

A bit more positive mate [emoji1360][emoji5] Personally, I think even with 12 months left on his contract he is already in the £1m bracket and will be worth a lot more if he continues to progress.

Ozyhibby
11-07-2016, 08:02 PM
You are obviously in with the bricks, great....Care to elaborate on what you meant earlier?

Just a member like everyone else who joined.

Baldy Foghorn
11-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Just a member like everyone else who joined.

Still not answering what you meant.......:aok:

MyJo
11-07-2016, 08:56 PM

Just before the second goal Cummings attempted to cross the ball to Holt from the left and fluffed the cross, a few minutes later the exact same scenario he put in a perfect ball for Holt to turn in, In normal circumstances i wouldn't be surprised to see Jason trying to get a goal from that position himself but he seems to be more willing to set up others now.

I also seen Holt giving Jason guidance throughout the match and i think he is going to be really beneficial to Jason's development as well as a good strike partner for the season.

Much better combination of striker styles than we had with Stokes in the team IMO.

Vini1875
13-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Is this official? If so why is not on the website? Am I missing something?

scoopyboy
13-07-2016, 09:56 AM

No. Because it's not official. No.

Lago
13-07-2016, 09:56 AM
No its not official, pure speculation on the part of some.

HappyHibby93
13-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Agreed. Love this board but some people will moan about anything. The HSL is a great initiative

Watching the interview with Leeann and Grant Stott, she said they are heading towards £350,000 :top marksthat's a cracking effort from the Hibs fans that have signed up to HSL.

It would be fantastic if we, (Hibs Fans) could just get behind this for the future generations of fans that will follow in our footsteps. Tony Higgins, was saying how important it is to reach 25.01% on Hibs TV and protecting the club from a situation that happened across the city!...

Let's be more positive towards this initiative and look towards the bigger picture. It's not about today and tomorrow, it's about the generations to come.

:flag::flag:

hibees 7062
13-07-2016, 01:27 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13680835_10209327504607672_7281546968736500445_n.j pg?oh=ddc7102b56406cd117bae7a71724fad7&oe=57F6F3F3

SouthMoroccoStu
13-07-2016, 01:49 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13680835_10209327504607672_7281546968736500445_n.j pg?oh=ddc7102b56406cd117bae7a71724fad7&oe=57F6F3F3

:thumbsup:

Vault Boy
13-07-2016, 01:50 PM
Incredible news!

Craig_in_Prague
13-07-2016, 01:53 PM

the best signing we could make!

brilliant news.

Since90+2
13-07-2016, 02:04 PM
No its not official, pure speculation on the part of some.

Patience is a virtue.

Lago
13-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Patience is a virtue.

Billy Whizz
13-07-2016, 02:11 PM
This was signed last week, wonder where the hold up has come from

number9dream
13-07-2016, 02:20 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36781751

quotes from Lennon on this news round-up thing...

livi hibs 1875
13-07-2016, 02:21 PM
This was signed last week, wonder where the hold up has come fromMaybe wanted to have more signings at the same time , come on Hendo and Kris hurry up and sign for the 2016 Scottish Cup Winners ( I just love typing or saying that a minimum 10 times a day)

Bostonhibby
13-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Struggling with this one, am not seeing anyone saying HSL as an initiative to buy shares in our club is a bad thing on this or any other threads recently.

That used to be hands off hibs reason for existing but even that's gone quiet.

I know posters on this thread have been HSL members from the beginning and are shareholders in their own right too.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-07-2016, 03:07 PM
Can't believe we're giving that hearts reject a new deal

robinp
13-07-2016, 03:24 PM

https://memecrunch.com/image/50f06e87afa96f2f45000052.jpg?w=400

West lower
13-07-2016, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=robinp;4759006]https://memecrunch.com/image/50f06e87afa96f2f45000052.jpg?w=400[/QUOTE
This looks like Dave Lee Travis up to no good again.

Wee Effen Bee
13-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Can't believe we're giving that hearts reject a new deal
:grr:Petrie!!!
Aye, and people on here trying to say he is a decent player. I bet Messi and Ronaldo would have scored a barrowload in this league at his age. All he does is score lots of goals, what kind of one-trick footballer is he? If someone offers £400 000 grands for him, I would learn to drive and take him to wherever it is in a flash!

Hibs90
13-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Expect an announcement very shortly

Heisenberg
13-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Lennon just tweeted saying how happy he is Cummings had agreed to a new deal. Would expect a hibs announcement very soon then.

GreenCastle
13-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Lennon just tweeted deal agreed! :top marks:top marks:top marks

GOALS!

Onceinawhile
13-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Hibs confirmed now as well.

Great news. Another 2 years and he'll likely reach 100 goals if he avoids injury.

erin-go-bragh87
13-07-2016, 05:23 PM
Neil Lennon on Twitter: Delighted that Jason Cummings has agreed to sign a new deal. Along with Paul Hanlon they could be our best 2 signings #Hibernian

Pete
13-07-2016, 05:24 PM
:thumbsup:

Done and dusted! Holt and Jase are going to go mental in this league!!

Greencore
13-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Done

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6637

HibbyAndy
13-07-2016, 05:27 PM

Superb stuff

Superb sir :aok:

neil7908
13-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Brilliant news, anyone know if there is a release clause?

Eyrie
13-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Excellent news :thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
13-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Neil Lennon on Twitter: Delighted that Jason Cummings has agreed to sign a new deal. Along with Paul Hanlon they could be our best 2 signings #Hibernian

Managing expectations? [emoji26]

MyJo
13-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Managing expectations? [emoji26]

Telling the truth.

Had we needed to replace Hanlon and Cummings this summer we could not hope to have got replacements anywhere near as good as them.

Hanny
13-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Telling the truth.

Had we needed to replace Hanlon and Cummings this summer we could not hope to have got replacements anywhere near as good as them.

Well said :agree:

SON OF PADDY
13-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A
My oh my what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A

You've got Jason on your shoulder
It's the truth
It's actual
Everything is satisfactual

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A
Wonderful feeling
Wonderful day
Oh yeah

Great news " well done to all concerned " can't wait for the season to start.😁😁

Wee Effen Bee
13-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A
My oh my what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A

You've got Jason on your shoulder
It's the truth
It's actual
Everything is satisfactual

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A
Wonderful feeling
Wonderful day
Oh yeah

Great news " well done to all concerned " can't wait for the season to start.

This board just gets more weird every day. :greengrin What a joy it is to hear how happy we all are - can't wait for the season to begin. I agree with Lennon when he said we couldn't have signed players as good as Hanlon and Cummings with our budget. Players like them do pop up from time to time on frees (Super John for one) but we are lucky to have them already on our books.

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2016, 08:49 PM
This board just gets more weird every day. :greengrin What a joy it is to hear how happy we all are - can't wait for the season to begin. I agree with Lennon when he said we couldn't have signed players as good as Hanlon and Cummings with our budget. Players like them do pop up from time to time on frees (Super John for one) but we are lucky to have them already on our books.

We paid money for him.

jacomo
13-07-2016, 08:54 PM
Telling the truth.

Most settled squad since... when exactly.

Leeann, George, Alan deserve credit. Neil Lennon must be well pleased.

HoboHarry
14-07-2016, 02:01 AM

Most settled squad since... when exactly.

Leeann, George, Alan deserve credit. Neil Lennon must be well pleased.
Why not Rod Petrie? As bad a mess as we got into, it was him who saw that change was needed and appointed LD. That's what got all this started.....

KWJ
14-07-2016, 02:09 AM
Brilliant news.

:aok::cb:flag:

Gatecrasher
14-07-2016, 06:19 AM
Fantastic news, we know he can get 20+ goals in this division and help us finally get out this League.

Northernhibee
14-07-2016, 06:47 AM
I thought we had a lot to fix before we get promoted - we're now attracting high quality staff and more importantly retaining them. Not too far to go now.

Baker9
14-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Why not Rod Petrie? As bad a mess as we got into, it was him who saw that change was needed and appointed LD. That's what got all this started.....

No way that Petrie was bright enough to target Leanne. He has had advice from somebody, perhaps the consultant who was around at the time and may still be. Petrie is just very lucky that she came along and now he gets some undeserved reflected glory. Leanne got it all started and nothing to do with Petrie.