PDA

View Full Version : So what do we know about Brondby?

theonlywayisup
08-07-2016, 01:14 PM
I must admit, I know very little about their players and style of football.

Pukki, ex Celtic, is the only one that I've heard off.

Their squad is most made up of Danish players (of course), but with players from Germany, Jamaica, South Africa, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Paraguay and Iceland. They seem to have a mix of young and experienced players.

Anyone know who to look out for?

JimBHibees
08-07-2016, 01:19 PM
The guy Rudy Austin Jamaican international played a few years at Leeds recently aggressive central midfielder and decent player.

MacBean
08-07-2016, 01:21 PM
the lad Hjulsager is a player to watch, had a hand in four of their goals yesterday and scored too. Think he plays like an attacking midfielder.
Wilscek is their other striker who plays with Pukki also a good player, scored a raker in the first leg.
Also have a seasoned internationalist in Martin Albrechtsen at the back.
Couple of ex Bundesliga players.
Personally , I think they are better than we are but they did look a bit shaky in the first leg with Valur having a few chances with balls over the top

Billy Whizz
08-07-2016, 01:30 PM
I'll take a nil nil at ER on Thursday, and win it in Copenhagen😄

neil7908
08-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Have to say I'm fairly nervous. Just can't see us getting through

St Pauli Hibee
08-07-2016, 02:19 PM
Their Strikers Pukki, Wilczek and Stuckler have all scored at least 2 in their games against Valur, Hjulsager has had a hand in at least 4 goals they have had, Christian Norgaard I know from playing at Hamburg when he was a youth decent player and Benedikt Rocker centre half I know because last season he was at Greuther Furth in Bundesliga 2

All quite big guys aswell may be a danger from set pieces

SJM
08-07-2016, 02:31 PM
They where **** hot in the early 90s and on a computer game for the megadrive where you put in a code 3 shredded wheat for super powers. :agree:

Hermit Crab
08-07-2016, 03:00 PM
They will beat us fairly comfortably over the two legs.

EdinMike
08-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Apply for a loan if you're planning a peeve in Copenhagen... other than that. No fear.

Tom Hart RIP
08-07-2016, 03:14 PM
According to Darren McGregor on Hibs TV they have a few players on £20k per week. That surprised me as I never thought Danish teams could afford that

SJM
08-07-2016, 03:21 PM
According to Darren McGregor on Hibs TV they have a few players on £20k per week. That surprised me as I never thought Danish teams could afford that

I know he used to man the till in xile but I can't really see him as a financial consultant to be honest.

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Probably far too good for us over two legs unfortunately. But you just never know.

Scott Allan Key
08-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Probably far too good for us over two legs unfortunately. But you just never know.

I watched them draw 0-0 many moons ago v an admittedly poor (Souness?) Liverpool side at Anfield. But they won there effectively over the two legs and went through. Longstanding professional approach and a recent pedigree in Europe we should be aspiring to.

mixumatosis
08-07-2016, 06:20 PM

Considering the price of a pint I'd be surprised if barmen aren't on about the same.

Topographic Hibby
08-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Probably too good for us. Never want to say that I want Hibs to get beat, but concentration on League over cups and Europe is a must, IMHO.

Green&White
08-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Would settle for a 1 or 2 goal defeat or the two legs with a decent team performance. Dont think we could have gotten a much tougher draw tbh

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Finn2015
08-07-2016, 07:05 PM
Can't say I'm filled with confidence ahead of this but you never know

Edinburgher
08-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Can`t see us winning the tie but doubt we will be humiliated either - think Lennon will have a positive effect there. However, it is the year of the underdog :greengrin

Ronniekirk
08-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Can't say I'm filled with confidence ahead of this but you never know

Its an unexpected bonus that will in effect be used as part of our pre season preparations to help us get off to a flyer in the League and win promotion
Am not expecting to go through as Club have made it clear its come to early in our preparations and we still haven't assembled our full squad yet
But looking forward to seeing how we get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finn2015
08-07-2016, 08:34 PM
Its an unexpected bonus that will in effect be used as part of our pre season preparations to help us get off to a flyer in the League and win promotion
Am not expecting to go through as Club have made it clear its come to early in our preparations and we still haven't assembled our full squad yet
But looking forward to seeing how we get on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. As long as we don't get heavily beaten and have morale plummet!

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Hopefully ER will be close to full for this game. If you are sure that we will get turned over then that is more reason to attend because it may be a while until we see European football again. Think we may come up a bit short but I don't foresee another Malmo.

Forza Fred
08-07-2016, 10:09 PM
True. As long as we don't get heavily beaten and have morale plummet!

I think Brondby are, match fit, physically fitter than us, and have a settled team and the manager would know his best 11, while we are still adjusting to a new manager and have yet to replace players who have left.

All in all a perfect confidence storm for us!

Not looking at who might be our opponents in next round, sincerely believe this tie has come too early for us.

B.H.F.C
08-07-2016, 10:16 PM
I think Brondby are, match fit, physically fitter than us, and have a settled team and the manager would know his best 11, while we are still adjusting to a new manager and have yet to replace players who have left.

All in all a perfect confidence storm for us!

Not looking at who might be our opponents in next round, sincerely believe this tie has come too early for us.

Sure I saw that they just have a new manager as well, think the Brondby fan that posted on here said that. They're not really that much further ahead in match fitness etc so they aren't excuses.

I just think they are a team with a decent European pedigree who will probably be better than us.

Billy Whizz
08-07-2016, 10:42 PM
Sure I saw that they just have a new manager as well, think the Brondby fan that posted on here said that. They're not really that much further ahead in match fitness etc so they aren't excuses.

I just think they are a team with a decent European pedigree who will probably be better than us.

They are 3 weeks ahead of us as their season starts next week

Ergye
08-07-2016, 10:43 PM
We are Hibs and we fear noone.

We'll go through by 2 clear goals. :flag:

Lancs Harp
08-07-2016, 10:53 PM
We are Hibs and we fear noone.

We'll go through by 2 clear goals. :flag:

That's the spirit that man.

We'll stuff 'em

Scottish Cup Winners 2016.

Hibrandenburg
09-07-2016, 08:55 AM
The ladies are very emancipated.

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 11:00 AM
They will beat us fairly comfortably over the two legs.

Not so sure they will mate, Valur were garbage by all accounts, so Brondby will face a sterner test against us.....I will struggle financially when we get to group stages :rolleyes:

Phil MaGlass
09-07-2016, 12:55 PM
They will beat us home and away. I believe our season starts too late. They have a head start and were still playing lower league opposition in friendlies. Give us more time to concentrate on promotion.

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 02:41 PM
They will beat us home and away. I believe our season starts too late. They have a head start and were still playing lower league opposition in friendlies. Give us more time to concentrate on promotion.

Their season hasn't started yet........

lucky
09-07-2016, 03:02 PM
I'm not expecting Hibs to win but you just never know. Hopefully the tie is still alive by the time we play the second leg

3pm
09-07-2016, 03:02 PM
We'll beat them. Convincingly.

This is our year.

--------
09-07-2016, 04:01 PM
So what do we know about Brondby?
They come from Denmark?

bingo70
09-07-2016, 04:07 PM
St Johnstone beat Rosenberg a couple of years ago, was that in this round?

I'd have thought Brondby and Rosenberg would be of an equivalent standard, anyone know if that's about right?

IMO we're a pretty decent side, if we are on our game then we've got a chance.

Keith_M
09-07-2016, 04:13 PM
I blame the break-up of Yugoslavia and the USSR. European competition didn't used to start as early as this.

1875STEVE
09-07-2016, 04:13 PM
I wont be another Malmo, although I think we are underdogs.

Also what people forget about Malmo is, within a year of playing them, Malmo where in the Champions League group stage & we where in the Scottish 1st division....

Hermit Crab
09-07-2016, 04:19 PM
I do think they'll win over the two legs as I've already posted but if we can avoid giving away an away goal then you just never know what might happen over there.

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Currently Brondby are in pre season, just like us. Granted they are further ahead but we've got a relatively settled team to take them on (still want new signings for the season ahead but at least we do have a nucleus that have played together for a year)

I want hibs to win every game, I want hibs to put in 100% effort every game and this tie is no different.

Brondby are favourites and rightly so, but let's not pretend they're some sort of unbeatable machine. They're in the Europa League just like we are and entered at a round earlier as well. As someone earlier pointed out, St J's beat Rosenburg so why can we not beat Brondby?

bingo70
09-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Currently Brondby are in pre season, just like us. Granted they are further ahead but we've got a relatively settled team to take them on (still want new signings for the season ahead but at least we do have a nucleus that have played together for a year)

I want hibs to win every game, I want hibs to put in 100% effort every game and this tie is no different.

Brondby are favourites and rightly so, but let's not pretend they're some sort of unbeatable machine. They're in the Europa League just like we are and entered at a round earlier as well. As someone earlier pointed out, St J's beat Rosenburg so why can we not beat Brondby?

Correct, it's also worth remembering their star striker was absolutely stinking for Celtic and wasn't good enough to make an impression on Scottish football despite playing for Celtic who provably create about 10 chances a game.

Dashing Bob S
09-07-2016, 05:34 PM
It would be a major achievement if we get past Brondy. They aren't great, but they would be expected to beat any Scottish side, never mind one from the lower tier.

SJM
09-07-2016, 06:08 PM
I wont be another Malmo, although I think we are underdogs.

Also what people forget about Malmo is, within a year of playing them, Malmo where in the Champions League group stage & we where in the Scottish 1st division....

People don't forget that, it included pumping rangers leading to the end of their existence 👍👍

Skåne Hibs
09-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Highlights of the Bronby v Reykjavik game.

http://brondby.com/mobil/nyhed/2016/07/08/se-maalene-fra-6-0-sejren-over-valur-reykjavik-

OsloHibs
09-07-2016, 06:45 PM
St Johnstone beat Rosenberg a couple of years ago, was that in this round?

I'd have thought Brondby and Rosenberg would be of an equivalent standard, anyone know if that's about right?

IMO we're a pretty decent side, if we are on our game then we've got a chance.

Rosenberg are a Norwegian team, not danish.

bingo70
09-07-2016, 06:56 PM

I know that (well I knew they were from different countries😂)

I suppose I was just wondering if they were of a comparable standard, IMO both have got a similar European pedigree and I'd normally consider Norwegian and Danish football to be of a similar standard.

I hope I've not offended you 😉

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-07-2016, 07:23 PM
According to the bookies it will be a procession for Brondby.

Renfrew_Hibby
09-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Brondby should win easily over the two legs they are one of the big 2 in Danish football and play in a city a lot larger than Edinburgh so will have a large following. If the danish TV deal is anything like Norway's then they will be raking it in!

ben johnson
09-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Brondby finished a distant 4th last season and ended up with only a +6 goal difference. New management in as well but they are up against an experienced European campaigner in NL. He has in the past done very well against superior teams. One thing we will be is prepared and tactically aware. Even a 0.0 at ER and it's still game on IMO.

Baldy Foghorn
09-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Brondby finished a distant 4th last season and ended up with only a +6 goal difference. New management in as well but they are up against an experienced European campaigner in NL. He has in the past done very well against superior teams. One thing we will be is prepared and tactically aware. Even a 0.0 at ER and it's still game on IMO.

Correct:aok:

Dashing Bob S
09-07-2016, 10:22 PM

Bloody Scandinavians are all the same. #brexit

ian cruise
09-07-2016, 10:26 PM
Bloody Scandinavians are all the same. #brexit

Don't let Gerry read that!

Phil MaGlass
10-07-2016, 09:21 AM
They are already playing meaningful Euro games. Even if its only 2 😊

erin go bragh
10-07-2016, 10:44 AM
Scottish cup holders Hibernian ,go through on the away goals rule after a 1-0 win at ER , followed with a 2-1 defeat in Copenhagen .