PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson's Testimonial

matty_f
08-07-2016, 10:14 AM
The Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Committee are delighted to confirm arrangements for the first of two exciting events.
A Testimonial Dinner has been arranged for Saturday, September 3 at Edinburgh’s Corn Exchange – with tickets available now.
Hosted by Grant Stott, the evening’s entertainment will be headlined by a performance from two of Lewis’s biggest fans – The Proclaimers, appearing with their band for an hour long set

For more information on the dinner, and to keep up to date with news of the follow-up Testimonial Match, log on to www.lewisstevensontestimonial.org
Lewis Stevenson is, quite simply, a Hibernian legend. It’s hoped everyone in the extended green and white family will join together to celebrate the contribution of someone who truly is One of Our Own.

“It is an honour and privilege to be Chairman of Lewis’s Testimonial Committee. Lewis is a great example of what can be achieved through hard work and dedication. He has now played over 300 games under nine different managers. He is the only Hibernian player to have won the League Cup and Scottish Cup, which is a magnificent achievement. Lewis is a worthy recipient of a Testimonial. It is Lewis’s wish to donate half of the proceeds to worthy causes and they will strike a chord with everyone connected with the Hibernian family. The Jenni and David Paul Memorial Fund supports cardiac risk in the young, while Leith Links was a group set up by Hibs supporters to ensure more children can attend games at Easter Road.”
Graeme Cadger, Chairman, Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Committee

“We are honoured and proud to be playing at Lewis’s Testimonial Dinner. Lewis has been a fantastic servant to the club and this is richly deserved. We hope to see as many Hibees there as possible.”
Craig and Charlie Reid, The Proclaimers

“We are extremely grateful to Lewis for this gracious and generous contribution to The Jenni and David Paul Memorial Fund. The memorial fund was set up in memory of our two beautiful children, to support the charity CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young). Their mission is to ‘prevent all young, sudden cardiac deaths through awareness, screening and research, and to support affected families. Our heartfelt thanks go to Lewis for his benevolence, which will ensure continuation of the great work the charity does to prevent the sudden death of 12 fit and healthy young adults every week from undiagnosed heart conditions in the UK.”
Gordon and Helen Paul (for more information on CRY see www.c-r-y.org.uk)

“It is a measure of the man that he has pledged a donation to Leith Links – the fund set up to ensure more children can attend games at Easter Road – from the activities being arranged. This will ensure a lasting legacy, from a player who has spent his whole career at Hibs, and continue the feel-good factor that surrounds our great club. It is a marvellous gesture from a much-respected member of the Hibs family.”
Susan Linn (for more information on Leith Links see www.leithlinks4kids.com)

Pretty Boy
08-07-2016, 10:25 AM
I'm on holiday for the dinner so won't be able to attend but Lewis deserves this.

The fact he has asked for half the proceeds to go to charity is 'Hibs class'. I hope both this event and what follows gets the support Lewis deserves.

BroxburnHibee
08-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Yeah unfortunately I'm away golfing when this is on.

Well deserved.

Hibby Gav
08-07-2016, 10:31 AM
The first time in a long time that a player has deserved this accolade...and typical of the man that he take the opportunity to donate to others.
Lewis I truly Hibs class and continues to be a loyal servant and son of Hibernian FC

Thank you Lewis !

ggtth

Craig_HFC
08-07-2016, 10:33 AM
I love that man.

Cabbage East
08-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Definitely going to that.

woodythehibee
08-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Brilliant. Well deserved. Hibs legend. :flag:

Hibbyradge
08-07-2016, 11:03 AM
It's a well deserved honour.

I'd love to go to the dinner, but I'll be away golfing with BroxburnHibee.

Colognehibee
08-07-2016, 11:21 AM
So happy that Lewis is getting the recognition and respect he deserves for all he has done for our Club. Delighted that he is giving half the proceeds to charity which shows his generous and humble character. Truly one of our own. :flag:

Dunbar Hibee
08-07-2016, 11:26 AM
I love him. Definitely be going to that.

High-On-Hibs
08-07-2016, 11:27 AM
It's about time! :thumbsup:

Haymaker
08-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Gutted that I am moving away now, that would be class! Wont be able to get back for it but I hope everyone who can does go.

Super_JMcGinn
08-07-2016, 11:44 AM
The Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Committee are delighted to confirm arrangements for the first of two exciting events.
A Testimonial Dinner has been arranged for Saturday, September 3 at Edinburgh’s Corn Exchange – with tickets available now.
Hosted by Grant Stott, the evening’s entertainment will be headlined by a performance from two of Lewis’s biggest fans – The Proclaimers, appearing with their band for an hour long set

For more information on the dinner, and to keep up to date with news of the follow-up Testimonial Match, log on to www.lewisstevensontestimonial.org
Lewis Stevenson is, quite simply, a Hibernian legend. It’s hoped everyone in the extended green and white family will join together to celebrate the contribution of someone who truly is One of Our Own.

“It is an honour and privilege to be Chairman of Lewis’s Testimonial Committee. Lewis is a great example of what can be achieved through hard work and dedication. He has now played over 300 games under nine different managers. He is the only Hibernian player to have won the League Cup and Scottish Cup, which is a magnificent achievement. Lewis is a worthy recipient of a Testimonial. It is Lewis’s wish to donate half of the proceeds to worthy causes and they will strike a chord with everyone connected with the Hibernian family. The Jenni and David Paul Memorial Fund supports cardiac risk in the young, while Leith Links was a group set up by Hibs supporters to ensure more children can attend games at Easter Road.”
Graeme Cadger, Chairman, Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Committee

“We are honoured and proud to be playing at Lewis’s Testimonial Dinner. Lewis has been a fantastic servant to the club and this is richly deserved. We hope to see as many Hibees there as possible.”
Craig and Charlie Reid, The Proclaimers

“We are extremely grateful to Lewis for this gracious and generous contribution to The Jenni and David Paul Memorial Fund. The memorial fund was set up in memory of our two beautiful children, to support the charity CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young). Their mission is to ‘prevent all young, sudden cardiac deaths through awareness, screening and research, and to support affected families. Our heartfelt thanks go to Lewis for his benevolence, which will ensure continuation of the great work the charity does to prevent the sudden death of 12 fit and healthy young adults every week from undiagnosed heart conditions in the UK.”
Gordon and Helen Paul (for more information on CRY see www.c-r-y.org.uk)

“It is a measure of the man that he has pledged a donation to Leith Links – the fund set up to ensure more children can attend games at Easter Road – from the activities being arranged. This will ensure a lasting legacy, from a player who has spent his whole career at Hibs, and continue the feel-good factor that surrounds our great club. It is a marvellous gesture from a much-respected member of the Hibs family.”
Susan Linn (for more information on Leith Links see www.leithlinks4kids.com)

Well done Lewis you legend you :not worth. I can't seem to log on to that link, and nothing on the official site :confused:

Seveno
08-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Totally deserved by a great servant to the Club that has always given 100% in every game. It says so much of the man that he is giving away so much of the proceeds to worthy causes.

J-C
08-07-2016, 11:51 AM
I would love to go but on holiday that week, thoroughly deserved and a great wee servant to the club.

mutley
08-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Would have loved to go to the dinner but I'm not back until later in that week. Typical!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
08-07-2016, 12:01 PM
Well done Lewis you legend you :not worth. I can't seem to log on to that link, and nothing on the official site :confused:

I think Hibs as a club may have to keep their distance a little bit for tax purposes.

I could be wrong though.

StevieT
08-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Same day as my wedding. My guests will now know that it's not The Proclaimers providing the music :wink:

Super_JMcGinn
08-07-2016, 12:07 PM
I think Hibs as a club may have to keep their distance a little bit for tax purposes.

I could be wrong though.
I sent Graeme an email, you're probably right PB.:aok:

big-mo
08-07-2016, 12:08 PM
I am very please to be on the Testimonial committee, and as has been said, Lewis is a very deserving recipient of a testimonial year. Lewis has asked us to limit the year to be only two events, the Gala Dinner and a Match, arrangements for the match are still on-going however the gala Dinner preparations are well under way. There are three packages available, Sponsors, VIP and Priemium. The table will be sold in groups of 10 however there will also be shared tables for individuals. Over and above the Proclaimers performing, both the Scottish and League cups will be on display (only fitting as Lewis is the only Hibs player to have ever lifted both). We will also be some very special gifts for those attending the dinner.
There will also be some tremendous auction items, (some Scottish Cup related), these will be detailed later on the Testimonial website.
For more information and for booking please visit the website www.lewisstevensontestimonial.org you can also follow the testimonial Twitter account @lewysgottwo
Hope to see as many of you can make it on the 3rd.

Leithenhibby
08-07-2016, 12:14 PM

Try this - http://lewisstevensontestimonial.org/ :wink:

GGTTH

Edit - Or this https://twitter.com/Lewysgottwo

theonlywayisup
08-07-2016, 12:54 PM
It is Lewis’s wish to donate half of the proceeds to worthy causes and they will strike a chord with everyone connected with the Hibernian family. The Jenni and David Paul Memorial Fund supports cardiac risk in the young, while Leith Links was a group set up by Hibs supporters to ensure more children can attend games at Easter Road.”

What a legend! Hibs Class!

:flag::flag::flag:

FranckSuzy
08-07-2016, 01:16 PM
I am absolutely delighted that Lewis, and the Committee, have chosen Leith Links as one of the benefactors of his events. To be named alongside CRY is an absolute honour 💚

Total Hibs legend.

BSEJVT
08-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Incredible as it sounds, given there are so many others in the same position, I will also be away in Italy that week or most likely would have went

Congratulations Lewis, not least on your achievements as a Hibs player over the years, nor on your class in donating a substantial part of the proceeds to Charity, but in particular on choosing the two charities you have, which along with Dnipro Kids are charities resonant to a great many Hibs supporters.

The term Legend gets bandied about a lot, but if ever there was a modern day player to get Hibs and what playing for us means it is Lewis, a bona fide Hibs Legend.

08-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Totally deserved. A hibs legend and a true gentleman.

bod
08-07-2016, 01:52 PM
who do we play that day ?

SJM
08-07-2016, 01:56 PM
who do we play that day ?

Scotland play in Malta the day after.

Will be a cracking night and it's extremely deserved.

brianmc
08-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Think it's an international break that weekend.

wookie70
08-07-2016, 02:01 PM
A bit rich for me as a poor Civil Servant but hopefully it sells out. Sounds a great night and hopefully Lewis have have a great time and make a few quid. Very well deserved. I also hope this sees the Club and the Proclaimers start to think about events for mutual gain.

Sir David Gray
08-07-2016, 03:06 PM
I'm not really a fan of professional footballers gaining anything at all from these things but it's absolutely right that he's being recognised for his contribution.

Finn2015
08-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Well deserved and looking forward to it. A club legend

Cocaine&Caviar
08-07-2016, 04:05 PM
What is everyone wearing?

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2016, 04:10 PM

Dress code is lounge suit.

Northernhibee
08-07-2016, 04:25 PM

Have you been making late night anonymous phone calls to me recently?

Scouse Hibee
08-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Looks decent don't know if I can get 10 folk to go so likely have to join a table. Many folk on here doing the same?

Velma Dinkley
08-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Is this the same weekend as the Malta v Scotland game?

Bostonhibby
08-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Looks decent don't know if I can get 10 folk to go so likely have to join a table. Many folk on here doing the same?
Will know if I can make it tomorrow, any .netters aiming to sort a table out together?

Cheshire Hibby
08-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Will know if I can make it tomorrow, any .netters aiming to sort a table out together?

Happy to join in also.

My_Wife_Camille
08-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Before the Cup Final, Lewis was already a Hibernian Legend in my eyes. Since that day in May his importance to the club has rocketed into the stratosphere.

The clubs poor performance over the last 10 years has, to an extent, blurred what Lewis has achieved in his career both on a personal level and for the club.

Having now become the only player to win both national trophies in this clubs history, especially by playing key roles in each, he is as important to this club as Baker, Stanton and the Famous Five ever were!

TheSouthMoroccan
08-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Table booked for our lot, can't wait, well deserved and will be a mental night. Can't wait. Well done and thanks Lewis.

Carheenlea
08-07-2016, 08:43 PM

Happy to join in also.

What are the cost figures for this? - have not seen pricing yet. I couldn't get 10 I suspect, but if not prohibitive I'd be happy to join a table.

Billy Whizz
08-07-2016, 08:44 PM
What are the cost figures for this? - have not seen pricing yet. I couldn't get 10 I suspect, but if not prohibitive I'd be happy to join a table.

It's on the website

Jonnyboy
08-07-2016, 08:48 PM

Here you go :aok:

http://lewisstevensontestimonial.org/?page_id=9

Cheshire Hibby
08-07-2016, 08:51 PM

£85 individual ticket.

bod
08-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Scotland play in Malta the day after.

Will be a cracking night and it's extremely deserved.

cheers, a lot of folk on here hoping that he wont get a call up then :tee hee:
Knowing Strachan Danny McGrain will get recalled before him.

I cant make it,i'll be in Malta for the very game but i'm sure it'll be a cracking night

Carheenlea
08-07-2016, 09:27 PM
£85 individual ticket.

Thanks - when looked earlier it was email for enquiries. Not as expensive as thought it might be, so quite keen to get along in some way.

Carheenlea
08-07-2016, 09:29 PM
Here you go :aok:

http://lewisstevensontestimonial.org/?page_id=9

:aok:

cmcd
08-07-2016, 09:37 PM
Before the Cup Final, Lewis was already a Hibernian Legend in my eyes. Since that day in May his importance to the club has rocketed into the stratosphere.

The clubs poor performance over the last 10 years has, to an extent, blurred what Lewis has achieved in his career both on a personal level and for the club.

Having now become the only player to win both national trophies in this clubs history, especially by playing key roles in each, he is as important to this club as Baker, Stanton and the Famous Five ever were!
Steady I am chuffed for Lewis but to put him up with those players No way

big-mo
08-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Fantastic response to the Gala Dinner, all VIP tables have now sold out, also Sponsors Tables are nearly sold out and if anyone is interested in taking one, please register your interest with g.cadger@btinternet.com ASAP however these might have sold out as well by now. The VIP and Sponsors tables are the only ones to get their photos taken with Lewis and the cup. Premium table are also selling well, if you want a table or individual places please see the booking form on the website lewisstevensontestimonial.org/?page_id=9

Thanks again

My_Wife_Camille
09-07-2016, 12:19 AM
Steady I am chuffed for Lewis but to put him up with those players No way

Why not?

Onceinawhile
09-07-2016, 12:32 AM
Why not?

In terms of ability tbf, Lewis can't touch any of them.

Having said that. I believe Lewis has a better Scottish cup record than any of them.

Though the famous five will all have more winners medals than him.

malcolm
09-07-2016, 02:25 PM
NOW he's one of almost everyone's 'flavourite' players .. and quite right too... but was not always the case

My_Wife_Camille
09-07-2016, 03:50 PM
In terms of ability tbf, Lewis can't touch any of them.

Having said that. I believe Lewis has a better Scottish cup record than any of them.

Though the famous five will all have more winners medals than him.
Didn't mention ability anywhere in my post though

Onceinawhile
09-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Didn't mention ability anywhere in my post though

That's true. But he's a footballer, he's always going to be judged on his ability compared to others regardless, especially when considering where he fits in the pantheon of greats.

SJM
09-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Can we just clarify that Kevin Thomson has both Scottish and League Cup winning medals with us too. Played a major role in both including knocking out the jambos in both also. 👍

Mr White
09-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Can we just clarify that Kevin Thomson has both Scottish and League Cup winning medals with us too. Played a major role in both including knocking out the jambos in both also. 👍

Does he? He left before the semi in 07.

Unless hibs gave him a medal, unlikely though no?

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2016, 08:28 PM

No he doesn't.

Northernhibee
09-07-2016, 09:08 PM
In terms of achievements, Lewis is up there with the all time greats at this club. In fact, many players have one winners medal, several have league winners medals, nobody in our club history has both league and Scottish Cup winners medals. One of a kind and not just that a one club man.

He admits himself that there are players before who are technically much better than him but I'll tell you what; along with his achievements you won't find another player who's given as much to the cause as consistently as much as Lewis.

This testimonial is so, so well deserved.

ben johnson
09-07-2016, 09:17 PM
All the torment we have endured LS was there along side us. Slated him myself on many occasions but he stuck at it and came out the other side. Scottish Cup Winner with the Club many said would never win the thing. Thanks LS and you deserve your testimonial year and I will be at the Dinner and the game etc as he may not be the greatest player but I do admire a player who really has persevered

SJM
09-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Does he? He left before the semi in 07.

Unless hibs gave him a medal, unlikely though no?

He played against hearts and was given a medal.

SJM
09-07-2016, 09:26 PM
No he doesn't.

Charity bet?

Mr White
09-07-2016, 09:33 PM

If you say so. I was under the impression it was match day squads in the final only that received medals unless the winning club go out their way to make sure a former player who contributed in an earlier round gets one. Given Thomson's relationship with the manager and the way he left I would have thought that unlikely.

Even if he does own the 2 medals without even making the bench in either final (and you seem pretty sure he does) I don't think it comes close to Stevenson's achievement tbh.

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Charity bet?

Given a medal doesn't count,Lewis is the only player to have won both. Being given and accepting a medal you never won is laughable.

big-mo
09-07-2016, 10:06 PM

But Lewis was the only Hibs player ever to have lifted both cups while at Hibs.

brianmc
09-07-2016, 10:26 PM
So..... Is there any chance of Lewis getting his testimonial Match Vs a decent team?? (Apologies, as I haven't read the whole thread,)

cmcd
09-07-2016, 10:42 PM
In terms of achievements, Lewis is up there with the all time greats at this club. In fact, many pl6ayers have one winners medal, several have league winners medals, nobody in our club history has both league and Scottish Cup winners medals. One of a kind and not just that a one club man.

He admits himself that there are players before who are technically much better than him but I'll tell you what; along with his achievements you won't find another player who's given as much to the cause as consistently as much as Lewis.

This testimonial is so, so well deserved.

Just think about Gordon Smith

Mibbes Aye
09-07-2016, 10:59 PM
There's no point worrying about how to compare Lewis Stevenson with the likes of the Famous Five or Turnbull's Tornadoes. Hibs are in a very different place, and football is in a very different place, especially post-Bosman.

If you take Bosman as a starting point in time, then we've seen Hibs relegated twice and we've seen Hibs win two trophies, with Lewis playing a role in both victories. Perhaps more pertinent, he's been a consistent pick through several managers and we can point to improvement as he's grown older.

There's a good chance he could play out his career with us, even though he's got several seasons yet to come. That would take him into the top ten for appearances at Hibs. Given that the current top ten is a couple of Tornadoes, a few of the Five and some players who were born in the nineteenth century, then yes, very much, he would become a Hibs great for me.

Not a legend in the style of a Gordon Smith but having achieved a little bit more than those you would describe as good or great servants of the club, like Gordon Hunter for example (who alternatively can argue the case for a bit of cult status - goal against the yams and tackle on Colquhoun as evidence :greengrin)

SJM
09-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Given a medal doesn't count,Lewis is the only player to have won both. Being given and accepting a medal you never won is laughable.

He played as many games as Lewis in the league cup, he has both medals. Both are legends, like it or not.

SJM
09-07-2016, 11:04 PM
But Lewis was the only Hibs player ever to have lifted both cups while at Hibs.

I didn't say otherwise. Kevin is the only living hibee to pump hearts on the way to winning both cups. Legend

Slim Shady
09-07-2016, 11:15 PM
I didn't say otherwise. Kevin is the only living hibee to pump hearts on the way to winning both cups. Legend

Football is all about opinions. IMO Kevin did not win either cup. Maybe got a medal, certainly no legend.

Could've been though.

Finn2015
09-07-2016, 11:21 PM
Wonder who we might get as opposition or if the mooted 2016 vs 2007 side will be preferred

PatHead
09-07-2016, 11:23 PM
Football is all about opinions. IMO Kevin did not win either cup. Maybe got a medal, certainly no legend.

Could've been though.

LD said at the last Working Together meeting that only players on the pitch or bench for the final along with Stubbs got a Scottish Cup winners medal.

It is not possible to make extra medals.

In that case KT will not have a medal.

Scouse Hibee
09-07-2016, 11:23 PM
He played as many games as Lewis in the league cup, he has both medals. Both are legends, like it or not.

My erse, one won both cups the other didn't.

Dalianwanda
09-07-2016, 11:34 PM
I'm not really a fan of professional footballers gaining anything at all from these things but it's absolutely right that he's being recognised for his contribution.

I'd agree for those earning millions but he isn't, he's earning a good wage in a short career...hopefully I can get over for the game, one of my all time favourite players

HoboHarry
09-07-2016, 11:36 PM

Can you prove this or are you just making stuff up again?

Northernhibee
09-07-2016, 11:39 PM
I'm sure that KT wouldn't have walked back along all that broken glass to collect his medal.

**** him.

SJM
09-07-2016, 11:47 PM
I'm sure that KT wouldn't have walked back along all that broken glass to collect his medal.

**** him.

He's as deserving as Oxley. One of only two players in our history to ah his part in both league and Scottish cup wins. The only hibs player ever to play and beat hearts on the way to win both cups. A little more respect would be good 👍

SJM
09-07-2016, 11:48 PM
Can you prove this or are you just making stuff up again?

Again harrold? Please explain cheers.

Mibbes Aye
09-07-2016, 11:51 PM

:faf:

Thomson had left Hibs before we even played the semi-final!

HoboHarry
09-07-2016, 11:53 PM
How exactly do you know that KT has both medals?

Bostonhibby
10-07-2016, 12:03 AM
My erse, one won both cups the other didn't.
Has to be right otherwise Petrie may as well get a couple as well. At least he was still at the club when the cups were won.

SJM
10-07-2016, 12:07 AM
:faf:

Thomson had left Hibs before we even played the semi-final!

Imagine laughing. How many games did both play in that run? Both deserves their medal, Thomson was amazing that night we hammered hearts and it should have been 7.

SJM
10-07-2016, 12:08 AM
How exactly do you know that KT has both medals?

Because I may know him.

FranckSuzy
10-07-2016, 12:10 AM
Any chance of getting this thread back on track? You know, the thread congratulating one of our loyal servants who holds both a League AND Scottish Cup winners medal?

Northernhibee
10-07-2016, 12:14 AM
He's as deserving as Oxley. One of only two players in our history to ah his part in both league and Scottish cup wins. The only hibs player ever to play and beat hearts on the way to win both cups. A little more respect would be good 

I hope we never see KT back at our club again. A huffy disrespectful wee nobody who lucked out at being in the right team at the right time and was far too vocal when he left the first time.

The fact that Tranent were the team he's gone to says a lot.

HoboHarry
10-07-2016, 12:51 AM
Because I may know him.

Aye right, and I may be sleeping with Beyoncé......,

Scouse Hibee
10-07-2016, 01:04 AM
Because I may know him.

Ooooh I know KT.

Anyway the fact remains only Lewis has won both trophies with Hibs......next.

Pete
10-07-2016, 01:28 AM

:agree:

Anyone who played any part in our cup run last season falls into that category...and KT certainly did that.

Mibbes Aye
10-07-2016, 01:34 AM
Ooooh I know KT.

Anyway the fact remains only Lewis has won both trophies with Hibs......next.

I don't know KT but I'm aware he has a couple of fanboys on this forum.......

For what it's worth, he was my favourite of his generation when they came through.

I'm sorry injury impacted on his career and sorry he was so painfully one-sided when he came back to us the first time.

As posted earlier, this thread is about Lewis.

I'd love to see the 07-16 match-up.

Or a Raith/Barca dreamteam :greengrin

Failing that, a mash-up of the Killie and Huns teams that Lewis defeated to win his SC/LC medals :thumbsup:

Twiglet
10-07-2016, 08:21 AM

The only way KT would have a Scottish Cup winning medal with Hibs is if another player gave it to him. The only ones who got medals were the team that played,the subs and Alan Stubbs. There were no more made or presented. Source: Leeann Dempster.

Eyrie
10-07-2016, 09:27 AM
The only way KT would have a Scottish Cup winning medal with Hibs is if another player gave it to him. The only ones who got medals were the team that played,the subs and Alan Stubbs. There were no more made or presented. Source: Leeann Dempster.

I can understand the rule regarding the presentation at the final, but it is unfair not to have additional medals for those players who actually played during the cup run.

For example, a player could have played a prominent role in every round but then missed the final through injury and would not receive a medal as a result. Conversely, his replacement who only sat on the bench for the final and wasn't in the squad for any other game, would receive a medal.

It's also disappointing that the rest of the coaching staff miss out.

Finn2015
10-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Whoever it is I just hope there is a good crowd. The opposition is a sideshow, all about paying homage to the man

oconnors_strip
10-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Tickets bought for the dinner, think it will be a great night! Well deserved to a true Hibernian man

green with envy
10-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Fantastic response to the Gala Dinner, all VIP tables have now sold out, also Sponsors Tables are nearly sold out and if anyone is interested in taking one, please register your interest with g.cadger@btinternet.com ASAP however these might have sold out as well by now. The VIP and Sponsors tables are the only ones to get their photos taken with Lewis and the cup. Premium table are also selling well, if you want a table or individual places please see the booking form on the website lewisstevensontestimonial.org/?page_id=9

Thanks again

Hi there, i sent you an email on the link above at 16.10 yesterday (Saturday) for details for booking seats. Hope you have received it okay?

big-mo
11-07-2016, 03:03 PM
STOP PRESS

It’s been a hectic weekend since launching the Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Gala Dinner last Friday
The Testimonial Committee are delighted with Ticket Sales, which is sure to Sell Out
We will not be taken any further bookings at present and would appreciate you registering your interest at g.cadger@btinternet.com (g.cadger@btinternet.com)
We will issue a further announcement in due course
:thumbsup:

My_Wife_Camille
11-07-2016, 04:41 PM
STOP PRESS

It’s been a hectic weekend since launching the Lewis Stevenson Testimonial Gala Dinner last Friday
The Testimonial Committee are delighted with Ticket Sales, which is sure to Sell Out
We will not be taken any further bookings at present and would appreciate you registering your interest at g.cadger@btinternet.com (g.cadger@btinternet.com)
I sent an email over the weekend and didn't receive a reply or confirmation. I appreciate these things can take time so il not complaining but was hoping someone could respond soon if no more bookings are being taken.

Cheers

Itsnoteasy
11-07-2016, 08:36 PM
I can understand the rule regarding the presentation at the final, but it is unfair not to have additional medals for those players who actually played during the cup run.

For example, a player could have played a prominent role in every round but then missed the final through injury and would not receive a medal as a result. Conversely, his replacement who only sat on the bench for the final and wasn't in the squad for any other game, would receive a medal.

It's also disappointing that the rest of the coaching staff miss out.

Malonga should get one for that goal against RR

Itsnoteasy
11-07-2016, 08:47 PM
STOP PRESS

Must be loads going as Corn Exchange is a big venue.

big-mo
12-07-2016, 07:24 AM
The Committee advise that Lewis's Testimonial Gala Dinner is now a complete SELL OUT

For those who have registered their interest in booking places we will reply to all emails by Sunday 17 July 2015 advising if your application has been successful or not. We will not be accepting any more notes of interest as we have a sufficient waiting list should any confirmed bookings withdraw. It shows the high esteem Lewis is held in by the Hibernian supporters as we only announced the Gala Dinner last Friday. We apologise to all those who have been unable to obtain tickets but hope everyone understands our position of selling on a first come first served basis.

robinp
12-07-2016, 08:11 AM
The Committee advise that Lewis's Testimonial Gala Dinner is now a complete SELL OUT

For those who have registered their interest in booking places we will reply to all emails by Sunday 17 July 2015 advising if your application has been successful or not. We will not be accepting any more notes of interest as we have a sufficient waiting list should any confirmed bookings withdraw. It shows the high esteem Lewis is held in by the Hibernian supporters as we only announced the Gala Dinner last Friday. We apologise to all those who have been unable to obtain tickets but hope everyone understands our position of selling on a first come first served basis.

:top marks

ano hibby
12-07-2016, 09:32 AM
Great effort, how many seats were there?

hibs0666
12-07-2016, 10:02 AM
If anyone has 6 spare seats I'd be delighted to take them.

Future17
14-07-2016, 05:44 PM
Is anyone else having problems emailing Graeme?

My last two attempts have bounced back as "undeliverable".

Future17
16-07-2016, 12:33 PM
Anyone?

Still no joy with the email address and Graeme's telephone number has also been removed from the website.

Onceinawhile
16-07-2016, 01:06 PM
Anyone?

Still no joy with the email address and Graeme's telephone number has also been removed from the website.

It's sold out I'm afraid.

Future17
16-07-2016, 02:37 PM
It's sold out I'm afraid.

Yeah, I know...I'm one of the buyers! :-)

big-mo
16-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I know...I'm one of the buyers! :-)
What was you query? Please PM me and I will pass it on.

SunshineOnLeith
16-07-2016, 07:03 PM

He has both medals because he won both Cups with Rangers.

keep the faith
16-07-2016, 08:45 PM
I hope we never see KT back at our club again. A huffy disrespectful wee nobody who lucked out at being in the right team at the right time and was far too vocal when he left the first time.

The fact that Tranent were the team he's gone to says a lot.

Poor post regarding one of our own.

Stantons Angel
16-07-2016, 09:27 PM

I agree with you there he has been such an easy target for our negative supporters in every way possible.

We really dont know the ins and outs of how he was treated during the John Collins regime. All we heard from the Daily Ranger where quotes supposedly coming from his mouth which may have been greatly exaggerated by the time they reached print?

The second time around Butcher was no man manager and let him and a few others go all at once. His third short spell was only to have been for a year. He was over the moon at the club winning the cup and was delighted for the boys that played.

The poster expressed his views on the his feelings for him but these are not the views of everyone on here.
The guy deserves a break from tongue lashings on here. He has made a BIG decision to leave full time professional football where he was earning a good wage. He is concentrating on doing his badges to get a job as a coach and open his own football school of excellence.

He should be admired for making such a decision and given all our respect and encouragement for the future!

AND anyway this is a post about Lewis how on earth did we get to talking about Kevin?

Northernhibee
16-07-2016, 10:24 PM

"One of our own" wouldn't have gone bleating in the media after leaving the club the first time.

Future17
17-07-2016, 09:39 AM
What was you query? Please PM me and I will pass it on.

Thanks, you have a PM.

cmcd
17-07-2016, 10:14 AM

**** him.

And you

cmcd
17-07-2016, 10:26 AM
I agree with you there he has been such an easy target for our negative supporters in every way possible.

We really dont know the ins and outs of how he was treated during the John Collins regime. All we heard from the Daily Ranger where quotes supposedly coming from his mouth which may have been greatly exaggerated by the time they reached print?

The second time around Butcher was no man manager and let him and a few others go all at once. His third short spell was only to have been for a year. He was over the moon at the club winning the cup and was delighted for the boys that played.

The poster expressed his views on the his feelings for him but these are not the views of everyone on here.
The guy deserves a break from tongue lashings on here. He has made a BIG decision to leave full time professional football where he was earning a good wage. He is concentrating on doing his badges to get a job as a coach and open his own football school of excellence.

He should be admired for making such a decision and given all our respect and encouragement for the future!

AND anyway this is a post about Lewis how on earth did we get to talking about Kevin?

Very good post .Some of the posts on here are way over the top . I for one would not be adverse to KT returning at some point

big-mo
17-07-2016, 03:17 PM
The Testimonial Committee regret to advise that there are no more spaces available for the Gala Dinner and therefore no further ticket sales.
Due to the extremely high amount of people who are on the "Waiting List" and others who have registered their interest we are unable to reply individually.
The Committee thank everyone for their interest and please visit www.lewisstevensontestimonial.org for updates on other events, which will be posted when finalised.