PDA

View Full Version : buying ticket online from overseas

hongkonghibee
07-07-2016, 09:08 AM
I am trying to buy an online ticket for our Europa Cup tie at Easter Rd, and I keep getting the message "Forbidden You don't have permission to access hibernianfc/details/event.asps on this server"
Anyone any ideas what the problem is?
Thanks. Tom in Hongkong.

Forza Fred
07-07-2016, 09:37 AM
I am trying to buy an online ticket for our Europa Cup tie at Easter Rd, and I keep getting the message "Forbidden You don't have permission to access hibernianfc/details/event.asps on this server"
Anyone any ideas what the problem is?
Thanks. Tom in Hongkong.

Nope, but in the past I've simply emailed and/or rang them to fix up tickets.

Mind that was a while ago though...

hongkonghibee
07-07-2016, 09:48 AM
I don't know if its because the e ticketing site is not working for everyone, or if it blocks overseas purchases?

Callum7
07-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Try on a different server, an oversea server may block things like that.

hongkonghibee
07-07-2016, 09:57 AM
anyone else had success in buying tickets online from overseas? It would seem ridiculous if we cant.

Radge70
07-07-2016, 10:08 AM
anyone else had success in buying tickets online from overseas? It would seem ridiculous if we cant.
also try the Google chrome extension "hola" and set it to a UK IP

Saturday Boy
07-07-2016, 10:08 AM

If you are in Hong Kong, that may be the problem. Hong Kong is part of China, and if the running dogs of the capitalist media are to be believed, the Chinese government have a very long list of websites it doesn't let its citizens access.

As posted above, if you can use a proxy server based overseas (from China), that might work, alternatively, email the club.

mvteng
07-07-2016, 10:09 AM

yep, bought tickets online from Thailand (2054) & Morocco (last year). No problems.

norhfc
07-07-2016, 10:11 AM
I bought them last season but had them delivered to my brothers address in Musselburgh. Also got cup final ticket and had a family member
pick it up from ticket office for me, never seems to be a problem.

livi hibs 1875
07-07-2016, 10:18 AM
Just put a vpn on and tell the computer your in Scotland, expat vpn should work and is a free download and free to use, hope this help mate