PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: CONFIRMED PLAYER DEPARTURES

RSS Bot
05-07-2016, 10:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6606)

The Kaiser
05-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Gutted for Conrad and Dagnall

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2016, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the memories guys. Hoping to see Henderson back on loan and would have liked Gunnarson also but never mind. Agree with the departures of Logan,Dagnall and Farid.

worcesterhibby
05-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Sad to see Gunnarson on his way.

DaveF
05-07-2016, 10:15 AM
Clearly the young lad from the highlands never worked out as he never lasted long.

SJM
05-07-2016, 10:18 AM

:agree: I hope he has a great career.

Good luck to the rest also. Hibernian legends.

andrew70
05-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Clearly the young lad from the highlands never worked out as he never lasted long.

He was playing as a trialist for Dumbarton last night. I noticed on their twitter.

Peevemor
05-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Good to see a wee bit of spiel on each of the outgoing 1st team players.

Good luck to them all.

The Green Goblin
05-07-2016, 10:49 AM

Me too.

Coults1875
05-07-2016, 10:54 AM
Should have tried to keep Gunnarson but you never know maybe there are talks for a permanent signing? He was definitely a great addition to the squad and perfect cover for Gray/ Hanlon

Sad to see Conrad go. Would have liked to have seen him progress by getting fitter and more in shape. Obviously this doesn't seem like a realistic timeframe for the new season starting. With Ox probably going we need a fully fit first choice keeper.

With Dagnall its 50/50, appeared to be a great player and gave defenses problems when he came on but just couldn't produce that final finish to get the ball in the net. Unfortunate for him but as a striker your judged on goals scored not overall performances.

JimBHibees
05-07-2016, 11:04 AM
Should have tried to keep Gunnarson but you never know maybe there are talks for a permanent signing? He was definitely a great addition to the squad and perfect cover for Gray/ Hanlon

Sad to see Conrad go. Would have liked to have seen him progress by getting fitter and more in shape. Obviously this doesn't seem like a realistic timeframe for the new season starting. With Ox probably going we need a fully fit first choice keeper.

With Dagnall its 50/50, appeared to be a great player and gave defenses problems when he came on but just couldn't produce that final finish to get the ball in the net. Unfortunate for him but as a striker your judged on goals scored not overall performances.

With Jordon signing a new deal would assume Gunnarsson not coming back. He didnt get that much game time here so he may prefer to try something else.

Would assume a goalie will be the first player to come in hopefully soon.

BSEJVT
05-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Whilst I would obviously have liked Stokes & Henderson to return, the former was never likely and we will need to see about the latter.

Gunnarson can consider himself unlucky but without knowing the numbers involved, I doubt we would be prepared to pay what he was on a for a 4th choice centre back and Forster with potential to improve, is an able deputy, at full and centre back and probably at substantially lesser cost.

FWIW, IMO the difference in money would be better spent further forward in the team, where IMO we are very light in creativity in tight spaces or indeed in forwards at all.

The others all played their part in our cup win and are assured of their place in history as a result, but I don't believe for a moment any of them are irreplaceable and my hope is they can be improved upon.

I would be delighted for Harris & Stanton to make a career for themselves at Hibs, but whether they do or don't, they are like Handling (who was unfortunately injured virtually all last season and whom I would also like to see succeed) at this point in time in playing terms a cost to Hibs that comes out the player budget, while producing little benefit.

Its make or break time for all 3 and if Lennon's decision is break I would hope to see them moved on quickly and their wages reinvested in players who can contribute.

For one reason or another Hibs have carried an awful lot of dead wood for as long as I can remember now, getting something out of everyone in the first team squad would see us a long way down the road for promotion.

NAE NOOKIE
05-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Like everybody else I would have liked to see Henderson and Gunnarsson stay .... But Hendo has proved with us that he is a very good player and he will only get better, a future Scotland international if he continues to develop so its no surprise Celtic may be looking to make him a first team player. Gunnarsson showed enough with us that he could be a very good player and I'm guessing his parent club do too.

I cant help thinking Conrad was never going to be any more than a stop gap ... but what a stop gap, he will always be a legend now.

As for the rest ..... none of them, for various reasons, have shown that they can be first team regulars, there can be little doubt that the Hibs master plan does not include carrying passengers any longer .... if you cant prove you are capable of making a dent in the first team you wont last long. There are a few guys who over the next 12 months are going to have to step up .... off the top of my head:

Jordan Forster .... Even with a 2 year contract I cant help thinking this is his last shot at breaking through.

Danny Carmichael .... Hardly kicked a ball due to injury, I like him but if he cant stay fit and make an impact he wont last long.

Sam Stanton .... Been on the fringes of the first team for a few years now, its probably now or never for him, the departure of Henderson gives him hope but he has failed to become a regular in much worse Hibs midfields.

Alex Harris .... We don't have many wide players so the door is open to him, but he really needs to show a lot more confidence in his ability or he will be gone ... there's no doubt the bad injury he sustained 2 seasons ago dented his confidence and seemed to make him afraid in the tackle, if he cant get over that he will never make it.

Otso Virtanen ... I know he is very young for a keeper, but the signing of Logan and now Hibs search for another keeper tells me they have no confidence in this young lad at all even though he is a regular for Finland under 21s ... If he doesn't get a shot this year and Hibs keep signing keepers he might decide to leave of his own accord.

ekhibee
05-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Also sad to see some of the young ones going. When you see the facilities we have at East Mains, it's a real shame that a lot of the youngsters we take on just don't seem to develop into 1st team players. Good luck to them in the future, whatever they choose to do.

Coults1875
05-07-2016, 10:33 PM
I see Farid was a trialist for raith rovers tonight v partick

cookin_on_gaz
05-07-2016, 10:36 PM
I see Farid was a trialist for raith rovers tonight v partick

I can see this one biting us in the backside

Craigmount Hibs
05-07-2016, 10:41 PM

Not enough reason to keep him. Great guy, but 11 starts in 2 seasons.....

cookin_on_gaz
05-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Not enough reason to keep him. Great guy, but 11 starts in 2 seasons.....

I fully agree, just saying that knowing our luck he will play a blinder against us.

Sir David Gray
05-07-2016, 11:50 PM

It undoubtedly will if he is able to keep himself fit.

I would have my doubts about that happening, considering his injury record when he was with us.

Ergye
06-07-2016, 12:43 AM
Now that Conrad has gone I shall be pushing the board to erect a statue of the man immediately, at the top of St Clair St.

It would have been a little bit silly to have that statue when he was still playing.

Dashing Bob S
06-07-2016, 02:42 AM

If your backside is close to the treatment table and he has his teeth in.

Devonhibs
06-07-2016, 04:46 AM
If your backside is close to the treatment table and he has his teeth in. Good one:greengrin:greengrin