At least it's light quite late!

jgl07
04-07-2016, 10:11 PM
The season starts at Berwick tomorrow.

theonlywayisup
05-07-2016, 06:02 AM

The fact is that in Scotland we don't have summers!!

Yesterday's weather was miserable and it always seems to be a common theme that once the school holidays start the weather is day after day of constant rain. I'm told that statistically it is more likely to be wetter in July than it is during our usual winter months. Remember also last years disruption to The Open at St. Andrews.

Oscar T Grouch
05-07-2016, 06:15 AM
The fact is that in Scotland we don't have summers!!

Yesterday's weather was miserable and it always seems to be a common theme that once the school holidays start the weather is day after day of constant rain. I'm told that statistically it is more likely to be wetter in July than it is during our usual winter months. Remember also last years disruption to The Open at St. Andrews.

The benefit of playing in summer is down to the number of hours of light each day. Whether it's raining or not is irrelevant. Pitches simply do not get the sunlight in winter to recover. In summer you could play a game of rugby on a sodden pitch on Wednesday and the pitch would be good to play on Saturday. I'm all for a change to at least a shift away from the shortest days of the year and play when pitches are at their best.

frazeHFC
05-07-2016, 06:17 AM
End of May, start of June is our nice period, same every year

Godsahibby
05-07-2016, 11:54 AM
I always remember when all the chat was about a few years ago about summer football going to play Raith in July and the match being abandoned at half time because of the rain!

J-C
05-07-2016, 12:30 PM
We'll still get rain but at least it's warmer rain, summer football would work very well in this country.

marinello59
05-07-2016, 12:32 PM
We'll still get rain but at least it's warmer rain, summer football would work very well in this country.

Aye.
These discussions about summer football generally end up with lots of people agreeing that the weather in winter is actually better than we get in summer. :greengrin

Since90+2
05-07-2016, 12:43 PM
The winters are crap enough in Scotland as it is without the football to look forward to. Keep it as it is.

cabbageandribs1875
05-07-2016, 01:14 PM
summer footy, yes please, rather have warm rain and warm winds than cauld rain and bitter caud winds, sitting shivering :(