PDA

View Full Version : Cup final: How was it on the peace line?

hibs0666
04-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Just wondering how it was for you chaps sitting at the peace line in either the north or south stands?

Dashing Bob S
04-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Recall laughing loudly at downcast Huns who looked as if they'd lost everything in a fire.

Big L
04-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Cup final date Sat 27th May 2017 get it in your diaries lads Heh Heh!

ben johnson
04-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Friends in the South Upper and they were debentures being asked outside by Huns in tight fitting suits. That was all during the game not just because of the delicious ending

Ergye
04-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Recall laughing loudly at downcast Huns who looked as if they'd lost everything in a fire.

A fire that began just a few seconds before this. Those defenders look terrified.

http://i.imgur.com/jmMiyMm.jpg

haagsehibby
04-07-2016, 02:53 PM
I was in the North stand roughly halfway up and about 6 seats in from the "peace line". A lot of absolute throbbers singing their traditional songs but there was one brain dead individual in particular who seemed to spend the whole 90 minutes, vein bulging on his neck, hurling sectarian abuse at the Hibs fans. If you happened to look over at him then you would get it directed at you. A minute or so after the final whistle I looked over to have a wee chuckle, he saw me looking and made a point of having a go at me - water off a duck's back for me. However, I shouted over to him "Well you've f'ing surrendered now" ! I thought his head was going to explode :greengrin

Ergye
04-07-2016, 03:03 PM
I was in the North stand roughly halfway up and about 6 seats in from the "peace line". A lot of absolute throbbers singing their traditional songs but there was one brain dead individual in particular who seemed to spend the whole 90 minutes, vein bulging on his neck, hurling sectarian abuse at the Hibs fans. If you happened to look over at him then you would get it directed at you. A minute or so after the final whistle I looked over to have a wee chuckle, he saw me looking and made a point of having a go at me - water off a duck's back for me. However, I shouted over to him "Well you've f'ing surrendered now" ! I thought his head was going to explode :greengrin

Good story.

The perfect retort is this. :na na:

If they can see that they've made you angry with their bellicose rants then they get the smallest of victories. Just smile and enjoy the Hibernian moment. We stopped The Rangers from winning their first ever trophy and that is very pleasing.

Bostonhibby
04-07-2016, 03:12 PM

We were in the South,We had a seat right behind the press. There were a couple of empty ones in front of us. A minute before kick off two younger guys sat down as did an older guy on the end seat. No club colours but in no time he was looking at us and was pointing a finger to his head then back at us. No idea why.

It got worse when we scored and by the time they equalised he was so in our face he was very fortunate to survive given the reaction of those along from him. The seething hate was a bit much as we had a few women there too.

The steward did a great job, when we asked about the guys ticket and what he was doing in the area he was simply removed. I since learned that he picked up a bit of a sore face on his way out - Two years ago we got two celtc morons removed, they'd been given a freebie by a contact in hospitality according to the stewards. Seems like a similar story here, we were assured by Hampden that we had bought tickets for a Hibs area only this time but there were plenty scowling faced huns types around us, probably SFA officials.

Greencore
04-07-2016, 03:19 PM
This thread is brillaint 😂😂

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-07-2016, 08:22 PM
**** in suits but **** all the same. Sometimes the bigotry and racism gets pointed at those who don't know better or are somehow disadvantaged are are projecting their frustrations onto people they don't know. Although that can be the case and essentially this is the definition of prejudice some of those I saw should have known better. These are just really awful people.

surreyhibbie
04-07-2016, 08:29 PM

Must have been very close to us! They seemed to care more about screaming at us than watching the game. Gave them a friendly two-fingered wave at the end, they were going mental!

😀

Heisenberg
04-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Some huns in suits got chucked out of the south lower hospitality seats after Millers goal. They celebrated and rightly got told to get to ****. Some more were found after they went 2-1 up but promised to behave so were allowed to stay..hope they enjoyed it :greengrin

Kato
05-07-2016, 07:59 AM
**** in suits but **** all the same. Sometimes the bigotry and racism gets pointed at those who don't know better or are somehow disadvantaged are are projecting their frustrations onto people they don't know. Although that can be the case and essentially this is the definition of prejudice some of those I saw should have known better. These are just really awful people.

Because they wore a suit they should know better? A bigot is a bigot, they come from all walks of life.

hibs0666
05-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Sounds like there were a few moments of entertainment in the trenches. :-)

West lower
05-07-2016, 03:34 PM
I was in the south upper with my son. We were close enough to see the whites of their eyes. I have to admit it was a quite euphoric experience . After suffering their smug goading when they went in front, and then watching them go into meltdown as we went on to lift the cup, it just added to the occasion for us. Their seething as we sang our team to glory will live with me forever. All for £35 too. Bargain !

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Because they wore a suit they should know better? A bigot is a bigot, they come from all walks of life.

Never said that, but you feel to make things up.

Lee Marvin
05-07-2016, 03:52 PM
I was 4 seats in and was hit directly on the side of the head with what I think was a cup of juice/coffee right after their 2nd goal.

It really was an excellent experience after the full time whistle

Kato
05-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Never said that, but you feel to make things up.

Soz. :aok: