PDA

View Full Version : A European Adventure of My Own

Austinho
04-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Anyone else planning on ticking a few places off their bucket list on their way to Copenhagen? Was thinking of possibly flying out to Stockholm, spending a couple of days in Sweden, getting the train down to Copenhagen for the game, then train back up to Oslo and spend a few days in Norway before flying out from there.

Anyone else doing something similar? I'm not quite sure of the cost implications yet, but with flight prices getting higher, it could possibly not be much more expensive than flying direct?

Time For Heroes
04-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Skyscanner is brilliant for finding cheap flights, might be worth a look.

Since90+2
04-07-2016, 12:34 PM
That will cost you a few quid.

Food / drink and accommodation in Scandinavia is fairly expensive and it will involve a fair amount of travelling. Stockholm to Copenhagen for instance is almost the equivalent of going from London to John O'Groats.

Iggy Pope
04-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Anyone else planning on ticking a few places off their bucket list on their way to Copenhagen? Was thinking of possibly flying out to Stockholm, spending a couple of days in Sweden, getting the train down to Copenhagen for the game, then train back up to Oslo and spend a few days in Norway before flying out from there.

Anyone else doing something similar? I'm not quite sure of the cost implications yet, but with flight prices getting higher, it could possibly not be much more expensive than flying direct?

Were you in Malmo? If not, it's only a short train ride and while it might not be in your bucket, it is worth a look. Gothenburg was another great visit.

OsloHibs
04-07-2016, 02:37 PM

You can get a train oslo-Malmo a few times each day and there is a night train too, so you can sleep on there to save money. Trains in norway/sweden are great. Book in advance for cheapest tickets.

Skåne Hibs
04-07-2016, 02:42 PM

You're prob better flying from Stockholm - Copenhagen. Trains can be pricey. Norwegian Air is always a good bet.

hhibs
04-07-2016, 05:22 PM

Hello,

I strongly suggest you have a look at the Inter-rail site,.The single country option for SWEDEN also allows you to travel to Stockholm,Gothenburg.Copenhagen and Oslo on direct trains......check conditions on the pass.Also Gothenburg is well worth a visit,very different from Stockholm.

www.interrail.eu

Think this is a great way to see them all and reasonable price considering the three Capitals included,also means you should be able to fly in/out of any of those airports

Good luck ,wish it was me !!! GGTTH