PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs's post cup final press conference

Liberal Hibby
04-07-2016, 10:42 AM
Watching the nether reaches of YouTube as you do I stumbled across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzPi3qGv9rc

Post match press conference begins about 6.30 - but you can chooseto struggle through the cup presentation and SoL first.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-07-2016, 12:34 PM
A room full of seething hun reporters, **** them.

lucky
04-07-2016, 01:09 PM
That's a good watch. Amazing how many reporters did not want to talk about football

SON OF PADDY
04-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Well worth a watch ! just to hear the bitterness in their voices, " it sweet music to my ears " get it right up Yer Hun loving prick's.😂😂🏆

Steviep73
04-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Brilliant watch

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

jacomo
04-07-2016, 07:52 PM
Why were they all standing around him like that? Never seen that before.

Losers!

LithgaeHibby
04-07-2016, 08:20 PM
Thanks for posting that. Like many Hibbies, I imagine, who have hoovered up practically everything to be seen about that special day, I had not seen that interview before. There was something quite wrong about that - instead of the other interviews conducted in broad daylight, that was in particularly dark surroundings, where (as has already been pointed out) Stubbs, sitting down, was surrounded by bitter individuals standing up, yet intent on trying to bring him down to their level. His responses were measured and calm, whilst refusing to concede any ground in terms of the magnitude of our achievement. All they wanted to speak about was the pitch invasion - naturally all Stubbs wanted to speak about was what the players did on the park. He always represented our club so well when dealing with the media - he may be off to pastures new now but he will always be a legend in my eyes, as will each and every one of those involved in that cup run. I say this as I'm about to embark on reading Ted Brack's book, ready to relive the whole thing again from start to finish. There may be twists and turn in the future, but one thing is for sure: nobody can ever take away that special day on 21 May 2016. Hibernian FC: Scottish Cup Winners 2016.

yekimevol
04-07-2016, 09:06 PM
dearie me! you would think that they were talking about 1980 hampden riot !

JimBHibees
04-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Quite incredible viewing. Huge respect for Stubbsy dealing with that so well. Quite simply corrupt succulent lamb.

dp00
04-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Good video.... Funny how it's shows the rangers players walking back to tunnel and not one hibs fan bothering about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SON OF PADDY
04-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Good video.... Funny how it's shows the rangers players walking back to tunnel and not one hibs fan bothering about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that myself ! Maybe we're both looking through green tinted spec's 😎 😁

jacomo
04-07-2016, 10:29 PM
Quite incredible viewing. Huge respect for Stubbsy dealing with that so well. Quite simply corrupt succulent lamb.

'Aye but see me?' (Shuffles about, hands in coat pockets, trying to act the big man) 'I'm gonna ask you a question about a statement you've no seen, cos it furthers my agenda.'

This is journalism, as practised in Glasgow. :bitchy:

JimBHibees
05-07-2016, 06:44 AM
'Aye but see me?' (Shuffles about, hands in coat pockets, trying to act the big man) 'I'm gonna ask you a question about a statement you've no seen, cos it furthers my agenda.'

This is journalism, as practised in Glasgow. :bitchy:

Agree one or two of the questions were from Gordon Waddell I think certainly sounded the same as the guy frequently on sportsound about the invasion and players being assaulted being the front page story. This was the guy that stated apparently he saw Rangers players and Weir take a serious kicking at the game. A serious kicking to me is being knocked over and people booting into you, with all the hundreds of cameras including Sky and BBC there is quite simply no footage of these kickings. Did they even happen?