PDA

View Full Version : berwick rangers 1 v hibs 1 (Cummings)

Pages : 1 [2]

cookin_on_gaz
05-07-2016, 11:44 PM
I complained about the prices of the European match, got slaughtered. I got told it's a massive night for us, I got slaughtered.

You don't see the posters on here, well established, who say the European matches don't matter and aren't worth it get slaughtered off the ones who argue it's a massive match and the prices are fair. When it came out it was £22 for a ticket to Brondby I, as usual got called trolling for saying it was too much for a glorified friendly based on others on here's opinions too. I'll pay it, it's not a glamour European match though when we have only been back in training a week and I get ripped for basically having the same opinion
Just turning it round.

I can see where you are coming from. However, whether Hibs charged £22 or £15 roughly the same number of fans would attend. In the past you have heard of teams actually losing money from playing European games (recently St Johnstone) so they have to cover costs so as much money as possible goes to the playing budget

MyJo
05-07-2016, 11:46 PM
I think you would have to ask the admins if I log on with any other username johnnyboy. You seem to have a problem with me though as you like a wee snipe to yourself. Say hello to your other half 👍 it's only a football forum and I know you and you love the hibs.

my post was more a joke about your history on here rather than a snipe and it was in response to another poster on the thread.

It not my job to police the site and I have no problem with you other than disagreeing with a lot of your posts but it really doesn't have that much of an impact on my life, probably why I don't respond to any of them.

I'll say hi to my missus, and congratulations to you and yours on the new arrival :aok:

J-C
05-07-2016, 11:48 PM
Can whoever moderates here please confirm that using any single IP address I log on from, home, work, phone, bus In the morning, that there's not any other user I log on as nor has there been because the wee old gang you see time and time again teaming up on people are talking Pish. And if I was, as a newbie, like J-c an my-jo are and belittling a poster and making false posts about them whilst following them about the place I'm sure I would get a talking to.

The rolling around laughing smiley was to MyJo's post and nothing to do with belittling yourself, grow a pair ffs man. I couldn't give a **** how many usernames you do or don't have but since you joined this site in March this year you have certainly managed to rub many well known and long standing posters up the wrong way. Many of your posts could be seen as trolling, posting things just to get a reaction, you have been rather in your face as a poster since you joined and maybe that's the problem.

J-C
05-07-2016, 11:54 PM
I complained about the prices of the European match, got slaughtered. I got told it's a massive night for us, I got slaughtered.

You don't see the posters on here, well established, who say the European matches don't matter and aren't worth it get slaughtered off the ones who argue it's a massive match and the prices are fair. When it came out it was £22 for a ticket to Brondby I, as usual got called trolling for saying it was too much for a glorified friendly based on others on here's opinions too. I'll pay it, it's not a glamour European match though when we have only been back in training a week and I get ripped for basically having the same opinion
Just turning it round.

Walk up price for a league match is £22, so to charge the same for a Europa League game against Brondby isn't too bad tbh. The fact we are just back training isn't Hibs fault but we are in the Europa League and unfortunately because Scottish football is ***** we start these games too bloody early.

SJM
06-07-2016, 12:05 AM
my post was more a joke about your history on here rather than a snipe and it was in response to another poster on the thread.

It not my job to police the site and I have no problem with you other than disagreeing with a lot of your posts but it really doesn't have that much of an impact on my life, probably why I don't respond to any of them.

I'll say hi to my missus, and congratulations to you and yours on the new arrival :aok:

I've not got other history on here and your opinion is your opinion and thank you for the congrats. Appreciated 👍 apologies also if I seem to be too personal also. I hope yous all enjoyed 21/5 we deserved it.

hibeemikey21
06-07-2016, 12:07 AM
Lennon has said the League is our priority and that the team won't be ready for the European game.

Is it that crucial?

If he has actually said that (I'd be astonished if he has), then that's pretty pathetic. It's the Europa league, not the petrofac cup. How can a manager of a full time-professional team with facilities like ours say "we won't be ready" for Europe!?

hibeemikey21
06-07-2016, 12:09 AM
What do you expect him to say after our first pre season game?

Well match fitness can't improve drastically in one week, so I'd hope something better than "nowhere near match-fit". As has been suggested by others, our first game should've been brought forward in that case.

SJM
06-07-2016, 12:17 AM
The rolling around laughing smiley was to MyJo's post and nothing to do with belittling yourself, grow a pair ffs man. I couldn't give a **** how many usernames you do or don't have but since you joined this site in March this year you have certainly managed to rub many well known and long standing posters up the wrong way. Many of your posts could be seen as trolling, posting things just to get a reaction, you have been rather in your face as a poster since you joined and maybe that's the problem.

Apologies for that then. I genuinely didn't mean to rub folk up the wrong way I was just concerned we weren't going up - doesn't matter now, we won the cup and I would take us down here for ten more years for that. It still doesn't mean I don't want us to improve, build on that and grown as a club.. I'm not liked on here, fair enough. Still posting yet constant sniping when people don't agree yet ignored when I post something people do agree with yet it's ignored and "the established posters" agree with their pals after I post similar posts. Takes more balls to do that I would imagine.

HoboHarry
06-07-2016, 12:26 AM
Apologies for that then. I genuinely didn't mean to rub folk up the wrong way I was just concerned we weren't going up - doesn't matter now, we won the cup and I would take us down here for ten more years for that. It still doesn't mean I don't want us to improve, build on that and grown as a club.. I'm not liked on here, fair enough. Still posting yet constant sniping when people don't agree yet ignored when I post something people do agree with yet it's ignored and "the established posters" agree with their pals after I post similar posts. Takes more balls to do that I would imagine.
I could be wrong but it seems to me that in the short time you been on here, your negative posts have far outweighed your positive ones. Show balance and thought and you may start to be taken more seriously. My advice for what it's worth......

Steve20
06-07-2016, 05:11 AM
If he has actually said that (I'd be astonished if he has), then that's pretty pathetic. It's the Europa league, not the petrofac cup. How can a manager of a full time-professional team with facilities like ours say "we won't be ready" for Europe!?

I take it your someone who didn't want Lennon as manager then?

No Scottish team is going to be ready by the 14th July because it's still right in the middle of pre-season. All that matters is that the team is ready for the 6th August.

If we play like that against Falkirk then fair enough, but people not happy because of a 1-1 draw in a friendly? It doesn't matter.

Brightside
06-07-2016, 05:43 AM
Not the best thing to say when:

A) you're the manager and therefore responsible for fitness
B) A week before a crucial and tough European fixture

Where on earth are we getting these posters from. We are as fit as you would expect having just returned from pre season. Pre season starts in line with the league. We didn't start back later than anyone. You build up a players fitness over time. There is no way we will be 100% for Europa, and any fool would know that.

Brightside
06-07-2016, 05:46 AM
Can whoever moderates here please confirm that using any single IP address I log on from, home, work, phone, bus In the morning, that there's not any other user I log on as nor has there been because the wee old gang you see time and time again teaming up on people are talking Pish. And if I was, as a newbie, like J-c an my-jo are and belittling a poster and making false posts about them whilst following them about the place I'm sure I would get a talking to.

They give you far too much time online in the facility. That's for sure.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2016, 05:51 AM
It does appear we will be treating next weeks glamour European tie as a friendly, a game to get our fitness up for the start of our league season.

I can understand some folk questioning the price, its either a huge European game or its a friendly, it cant be both? :confused:

J-C
06-07-2016, 05:54 AM
It does appear we will be treating next weeks glamour European tie as a friendly, a game to get our fitness up for the start of our league season.

I can understand some folk questioning the price, its either a huge European game or its a friendly, it cant be both? :confused:

Possibly Europa games are priced the same as walk up league prices G, maybe they are set that way beforehand.

Kato
06-07-2016, 05:59 AM

Facilities are great but cant bend space/time.

You think Lennon is pathetic, fair dos, knock yourself out.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2016, 06:02 AM
Possibly Europa games are priced the same as walk up league prices G, maybe they are set that way beforehand.

:dunno:

marinello59
06-07-2016, 06:06 AM

It's a proper competitive fixture against European opposition, we don't get that very often and I reckon it's worth the price.
On the other hand I'd have the friendly fixtures played behind closed doors or let the fans in for free, they are just glorified training sessions.

Brightside
06-07-2016, 06:11 AM

Of course the game will not be treated as a friendly. Get a grip man.

aarsan
06-07-2016, 06:15 AM
Why are we playing our first pre season friendly this evening, a wee before a massive match yet many other sides have played a good few games prior to tonight? Stubbs or not there should be forward planning surely? Or are some going to pretend it's a glorified friendly again against Malmo and then pounce on anyone complaining about the price.

Personally, we should be prepared for Europe and £22 is a fair price for a proper European night. People are contradicting themselves all over the shop though.

And why are you saying we're playing Malmo ?
Are they even in the Europa league

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2016, 06:16 AM
It's a proper competitive fixture against European opposition, we don't get that very often and I reckon it's worth the price.
On the other hand I'd have the friendly fixtures played behind closed doors or let the fans in for free, they are just glorified training sessions.

Of course the game will not be treated as a friendly. Get a grip man.

The price is irrelevant to me but not others, but with us being nowhere near ready for this proper competitive European fixture i can see why some folk are questioning the price and it being treated nothing like as serious a fixture as others think it is.

Ronniekirk
06-07-2016, 06:19 AM

Both Lennon and Leeann made it clear our priority was winning the League this Season and rightly so
Our signings will be made on that basis and on that basis the Club have accepted the European game is an unexpected bonus
On that basis i don't expect us to go through to the next round and if we go on and win the league i am relaxed about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brightside
06-07-2016, 06:24 AM
The price is irrelevant to me but not others, but with us being nowhere near ready for this proper competitive European fixture i can see why some folk are questioning the price and it being treated nothing like as serious a fixture as others think it is.

People are questioning the price coz all they want to do is complain. The idea that making it 15 would mean more people at the game is utter poppycock.

Winston Ingram
06-07-2016, 06:27 AM
Harris was MOTM by far tonight.

Good to hear

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2016, 06:28 AM
People are questioning the price coz all they want to do is complain. The idea that making it 15 would mean more people at the game is utter poppycock.

I have no idea why people are questioning the price, like you i could have a guess but i'd still not be right on everyone who's talked about it?

Brightside
06-07-2016, 06:31 AM
I have no idea why people are questioning the price, like you i could have a guess but i'd still not be right on everyone who's talked about it?

Nah I'm quite happy to think that people are just complaining coz they like to complain.

Danderhall Hibs
06-07-2016, 06:34 AM
Nah I'm quite happy to think that people are just complaining coz they like to complain.

Stop complaining about these folk.

blackpoolhibs
06-07-2016, 06:35 AM

I'm still waiting on the huge influx of new supporters you promised me because we have a womans team? :greengrin

Hibs90
06-07-2016, 06:38 AM
So people saying the result is a shocker etc.. Seriously? It's the first game of pre season and friendly results mean ****. Get a grip.
See below. I could probably find hundreds more too.

Cowdenbeath 3-1 Motherwell
Brora Rangers 1-1 ICT
Forfar 1-1 Dundee Utd

Viva_Palmeiras
06-07-2016, 06:40 AM
Bedwetters. Bedwetters everywhere...

In the virtual Hibs world normal service has resumed. And it's the school holidays. What a combo.

Callum7
06-07-2016, 06:42 AM
Stop complaining about these folk.

Stop complaining about this folk complaining about these folk.

marinello59
06-07-2016, 06:43 AM

The face they we won't be fully match fit isn't the fault of anyone at Hibs, that's a consequence of these fixtures coming round ridiculously early.
Do we know they it isn't being treated seriously at the club. There's a difference between stating the obvious regarding fitness and the attitude of the squad going in to this game.

flash
06-07-2016, 06:52 AM
Did we really just win the Cup?

Callum7
06-07-2016, 06:54 AM
Did we really just win the Cup?

Yes, but we can see which rangers is better.

3pm
06-07-2016, 06:54 AM
To me, it looks like :

- We will try and press more.
- Looks like we will try to be a bit more direct, without being long ball.

Taking those observations more from the 1st half.

The second half was a training exercise. So many subs there was no real flow to the game. We had plenty of the ball but no real cutting edge.

Keith_M
06-07-2016, 07:35 AM
Anyway, can we please get back to the most important debate of the evening....

Who is/was the cutest women's tennis player?

EDIT: My vote is for Gabriela Sabatini, even at 46 :wink:

staunchhibby
06-07-2016, 07:36 AM
I have got my ticket for european match.Price was not a factor.I am going to enjoy the atmosphere and hopefuly the game.:thumbsup:

greenpaper55
06-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Our preparations are a bit later than other teams as a certain game at Hampden got in the way of finishing the season at the normal time !, plus Mcginn was given longer due to international duty.

Marco G
06-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Our preparations are a bit later than other teams as a certain game at Hampden got in the way of finishing the season at the normal time !, plus Mcginn was given longer due to international duty.
Exactly. And given that we then lost our manager and had to replace him I am a bit puzzled that anyone should expect us to be the finished article by now!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Keith_M
06-07-2016, 07:51 AM
Just a reminder...

Berwick Rangers
Edinburgh City
Motherwell
...then Brondby

We have three games to gradually get closer to being ready for the Europa League.

Brightside
06-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Just a reminder...

Berwick Rangers
Edinburgh City
Motherwell
...then Brondby

We have three games to gradually get closer to being ready for the Europa League.

Please... this is a common sense free zone.

MacBean
06-07-2016, 08:03 AM
So people saying the result is a shocker etc.. Seriously? It's the first game of pre season and friendly results mean ****. Get a grip.
See below. I could probably find hundreds more too.

Cowdenbeath 3-1 Motherwell
Brora Rangers 1-1 ICT
Forfar 1-1 Dundee Utd

Absolutely bang on the money. First pre season game, mostly about the fitness and getting a run out. The 11 that finished the game was nearly unrecognisable. We played some decent stuff and the youngsters got a run out. Holt got 70 mins under his belt.

Centre Hawf
06-07-2016, 08:31 AM
I'm gutted that by the sounds of things we're not treating the Europa League as a real serious competition. I understand it, we're too early into our pre season to get a good run up at it. These things don't come round too often so would hopefully like to see us make a tie of it at least. Agree what others say in that the league is our priority by far. But can it hurt to get ourselves ready earlier for it?

The last 3 years we've had a competitive game amongst our pre season schedule (Petrofac counts sadly before anyone jumps in) and in 2 of those years we've been absolutely humped and embarrassed. Is it so hard to ask that the team gets prepared a little earlier and signings brought in quicker when we know we have games?

worcesterhibby
06-07-2016, 08:38 AM
I'm gutted that by the sounds of things we're not treating the Europa League as a real serious competition. I understand it, we're too early into our pre season to get a good run up at it. These things don't come round too often so would hopefully like to see us make a tie of it at least. Agree what others say in that the league is our priority by far. But can it hurt to get ourselves ready earlier for it?

The last 3 years we've had a competitive game amongst our pre season schedule (Petrofac counts sadly before anyone jumps in) and in 2 of those years we've been absolutely humped and embarrassed. Is it so hard to ask that the team gets prepared a little earlier and signings brought in quicker when we know we have games?

Plenty of people have also suggested that we run out of steam at the crucial end of the season because of so many games..personally I really think we would have struggled to win the cup if we hadn't been knocked out the play-offs as we would have played another two games and been knackered. Starting training early does exactly the same thing..extends the season and makes it hard to compete properly at the end.
Oh and no the Petroflucked cup does NOT count !

Smartie
06-07-2016, 08:54 AM

I get your point and I am also disappointed that we aren't taking it more seriously but I see where Hibs are coming from.

We had a ridiculous end to last season (number of matches) then our manager jumped ship just after wining us the cup. Not really the ideal preparation for THIS season.

We must go up this season, as champions. ALL preparation must be for this happening, this is our 1st 2nd and 2rd priority.

I never like to see Hibs take competitions lightly but I can see where they are coming from.

BTW - I see John McGinn started last night - he's not had much of a break after a punishing 2015/16, has he?

jacomo
06-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Anyway, can we please get back to the most important debate of the evening....

Who is/was the cutest women's tennis player?

EDIT: My vote is for Gabriela Sabatini, even at 46 :wink:

Shamed Sharapova grunts her way to the title for me.

Sergio sledge
06-07-2016, 10:14 AM
That won't go down well with the posters having a go at others complaining about the price of our European match which may be the same posters saying the European match isn't massive as we haven't prepared for it.

Lennon was appointed about a month ago, a week after Dundee Utds manager. Since then they have signed a good few players, shaken the cobwebs with about 3 or 4 games and aren't playing in Europe next week. I would have loved us to make a right go of this but it doesn't seem to be the case in Europe this year. Fair enough but why charge for a big European night when it's not being treated as one by the club?

How many games have they played? I thought that last night (when they drew 1-1 with Forfar) was their first game.

The are playing in the league cup next week, so starting their competitive games at the same time as us.

Hibs331875
06-07-2016, 10:39 AM
No sign of Scott Martin in the squad?

J-C
06-07-2016, 10:52 AM
No sign of Scott Martin in the squad?

No Forster either.

Hibs331875
06-07-2016, 10:54 AM
No Forster either.

Forster and keatings had knocks, no word on Martin

J-C
06-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Forster and keatings had knocks, no word on Martin

Maybe the same but not been reported, nothing to worry about as any of the guys with contacts would've heard anything untoward.

Waxy
06-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Are some people really bothered about the result of a training game? The players were probably told to take it easy.

mutley
06-07-2016, 11:20 AM
On a positive note, we scored in first 12 seconds, we hit the cross bar 3 times and had a goal chalked off for offside, all in nothing more than a warm up.

Yes I know that this kind of result doesn't win leagues but for a first game with 11 subs used, seems like we are at least in the right direction IMHO.

Smartie
06-07-2016, 12:22 PM
On a positive note, we scored in first 12 seconds, we hit the cross bar 3 times and had a goal chalked off for offside, all in nothing more than a warm up.

Yes I know that this kind of result doesn't win leagues but for a first game with 11 subs used, seems like we are at least in the right direction IMHO.

I'd be more worried if we were absolutely brilliant.

It can be useful if games like this highlight deficiencies.

It sounds like we did a lot well but didn't win.

It won't have done us any harm for Neil Lennon to witness in his first game in charge that we are capable of missing chances, giving away a cheap goal and ultimately not winning the game.

J-C
06-07-2016, 02:19 PM
Are some people really bothered about the result of a training game? The players were probably told to take it easy.

Too many FM game players expecting to stroll pre season friendlies 6-0 and get the squad confidence up, real life isn't the same as a computer game.

Finn2015
06-07-2016, 02:21 PM

We're doomed waxy, doomed I tell ye

Captain Trips
06-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Lennon Out
Butcher or Calderwood in

Hi Heid Yin
06-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Of course it was a game designed to get players fitter and the result did not really matter, though the performance was all too reminiscent of many games we played last season in which we conceded easily and failed up front to convert the many chances created.
I remain confident that Neil lennon will address our shortcomings in not only defence and attack but also in midfield, where the lack of goals by such a talented bunch in this area contributed significantly to our poor goal difference and failure to win games. The onus last season was on Cummings and/or Stokes (and to a lesser degree, Keatings) to put the ball in the back of the net. We must improve in this area if we are to put teams such as Dumbarton away.
6 goals apiece from our attacking wing backs, Gray and Stevenson would also help the cause.

Keith_M
24-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Starting to look like some people were reading too much into this result.

:wink: