PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon leaves Shamrock Rovers

offshorehibby
03-07-2016, 03:54 PM
http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/sport/irishfootball/7207482/Shamrock-Rovers-and-Pat-Fenlon-part-company.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-IrishSunSport-_-20160703-_-SunIESoccer-_-508071185

PAT FENLON has parted company with Shamrock Rovers.

'Nutsy' took charge of the Hoops in August 2014 after leaving Hibernian.

Rovers have had a disappointing start to the season and are 14 points off league leaders Dundalk.

It seems Thursday's embarrassing 2-0 defeat at home to Finnish side RoPS Rovaniemi in the Europa League was the final straw.

A Hoops statement read: "The Board of Directors would like to place on record their thanks for the dedication and commitment Pat has shown over the course of three seasons with the club.

"Everyone at the club wishes Pat all the best in the future."

Finn2015
03-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Damn if only this happened a few weeks ago we could have made an approach 😳😎

easty
03-07-2016, 04:11 PM
An "embarrassing" European result...well at least he's consistent.

Future17
03-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Bet he voted for Brexit. Must hate Europe.

Bishop Hibee
03-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Just read an article on Shamrock Rovers finishing with comments about the game. Apparently Rovers were appalling and RoPS strolled it.

J-C
03-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Just read an article on Shamrock Rovers finishing with comments about the game. Apparently Rovers were appalling and RoPS strolled it.

Sounds all too familiar eh?

heretoday
03-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Nutsy! Come back to Easter Road!

Actually please don't.

Heisenberg
03-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Poor manager. Not as bad as some of the others we've had but still pretty horrific.

Sergey
03-07-2016, 10:00 PM
Was Stephen Glass part of his coaching set-up?

I met with Stephen several years ago and I know he's still held in high regard at Hibs. Got a load of coaching badges under his belt and still has a property out Corstorphine way.

Green&White
03-07-2016, 10:05 PM
Shame that. Genuinely loved him as a person and really hoped he'd go on to do well in the game (still might). The fact he came back for the cup final win and was in with the fans was a touch of class and i still honestly believe we would still be a premier league team if he had stayed for rest of that season.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
03-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Great guy, but pretty poor manager. However, like Mourinho compared to the man who replaced him.

#FromTheCapital
03-07-2016, 10:16 PM
Shame that. Genuinely loved him as a person and really hoped he'd go on to do well in the game (still might). The fact he came back for the cup final win and was in with the fans was a touch of class and i still honestly believe we would still be a premier league team if he had stayed for rest of that season.

We would still be a premier league team if he'd stayed manager. However I reckon I could've kept us in the premier that season if I'd somehow been given the job.

Just because we replaced him with that imbecile Terry Butcher doesn't give Fenlon any extra credit in my book. Lovely guy but a poor manager.

SJM
03-07-2016, 11:40 PM
He gave everything he had to the managers job here and genuinely loves the club. Gutted he's out a job. Good luck Pat. He would probably make a good coach or number 2.

easty
04-07-2016, 06:21 AM

We might have stayed up, I'm not convinced though.

I am convinced we'd still be waiting on a Scotish Cup win if we'd kept him.

Jdawg
04-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Seems to be a lovely guy who still has a love for hibs, that's good to see.

He was an awful manager, perhaps the job was a step to far for him though.

gillythehibby
04-07-2016, 03:31 PM
He was in the Hibs end for the Final. He's no aw bad 😀🇮🇪