PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Hibs & scottish football transfer rumours

Pages : [1] 2 3

RoxburghHibs
03-07-2016, 12:47 PM
This is a new thread so we can post any rumours of potential Hibs signings.

Please only post rumours to keep this thread on topic

Thanks

Cocaine&Caviar
03-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Oxley isnt as bas as people are making out...

Ronniekirk
03-07-2016, 01:02 PM
But the Rumour is he may be leaving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebausburst
03-07-2016, 06:54 PM

Thanks

Being reported that Hibs are in advanced talks to get Liam Henderson back on loan and have started talks for Commons, not sure if that's a loan or a perm signing. :flag:

cabbageandribs1875
03-07-2016, 06:59 PM
is the new rumours better than the old rumours

we need to know

RoxburghHibs
03-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Being reported that Hibs are in advanced talks to get Liam Henderson back on loan and have started talks for Commons, not sure if that's a loan or a perm signing. :flag:

That would be fantastic news!

hfc rd
03-07-2016, 07:03 PM

Would be very happy with that! Where is that being reported mate?

keep the faith
03-07-2016, 07:06 PM

Wonder if rogers will fancy Allan? Would love to see him back at ER.

Finn2015
03-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Would love to see commons arrive and Henderson come back on loan. Hope the Lennon connection sees it happen

Franck Stanton
03-07-2016, 07:24 PM
IF, [and it is a VERY BIG IF] we get Commons then imo we will win this league comfortably. REALLY rate the guy, cannae understand why celtic haven't given him more game time to be honest. Be a great signing,

Billychaotic182
03-07-2016, 07:26 PM
If and like above its a huge if, we can't expect Commons to hit the ground running. He hasn't kicked a ball in months and By the sound of things hasn't trained either. He may take time to get to his best. really hope we can get these two over the line!

Brightside
03-07-2016, 07:28 PM
Defender from Brighton in discussions. Young lad, left sided.

S4uzee
03-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Is there something serious in the Commons rumours?

hfc rd
03-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Just seen this on Twitter when searching to see if these rumours about Commons & Henderson were genuine or not:

Kris Commons 2 years & Liam Henderson (loan) deals been agreed verbally. NOT 100% done, but to be signed off this week after being agreed.

Dunbar Hibee
03-07-2016, 07:38 PM

**** him.

bingo70
03-07-2016, 07:41 PM

Wee but investigative work there would suggest it could be young guy called Tom Dallison?

20 year old left sided defender that's been out on loan at a couple of clubs last season.

I love the transfer window, when else do you find yourself googling the Brighton & hove Albion reserve team?!

erin go bragh
03-07-2016, 07:47 PM

Rodgers is a fan of SA .

Vault Boy
03-07-2016, 07:50 PM

Hmm. Dylan Barnett?

truehibernian
03-07-2016, 07:50 PM
IF, [and it is a VERY BIG IF] we get Commons then imo we will win this league comfortably. REALLY rate the guy, cannae understand why celtic haven't given him more game time to be honest. Be a great signing,

You'll be a little less grumpy soon then mate.

livi hibs 1875
03-07-2016, 07:52 PM
You'll be a little less grumpy soon then mate.
I'm not grumpy but would loving it to be true aswell

bingo70
03-07-2016, 07:58 PM

On paper he could be a great signing.

A wee word of caution though, just had a look at a celtic forum and the consensus is that he's finished with them as he cant run any more and is badly overweight.

I could just about look past that but if we've already got Holt that can't run then I'd be a bit worried about this tbh, especially when the thing we were crying out for last season was pace.

trev the hat
03-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Is there something serious in the Commons rumours?

Yip I hear it's being recalled on Monday for a vote on who is leaking info to the other parties 🤔

Brightside
03-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Wee but investigative work there would suggest it could be young guy called Tom Dallison?

20 year old left sided defender that's been out on loan at a couple of clubs last season.

I love the transfer window, when else do you find yourself googling the Brighton & hove Albion reserve team?!

aye and it keeps those tweeter accounts in business..... this took 6 mins to appear... :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

.Sean.
03-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Rodgers is a fan of SA .
Good, cause I dinny want that greeting-pushed rat or his ****ty wee haircut anywhere near Easter Road.

Vault Boy
03-07-2016, 08:13 PM
aye and it keeps those tweeter accounts in business..... this took 6 mins to appear... :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

So they put up my potentially incorrect guess? Cannae make it up, that is outstanding

Michael
03-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Are we rumoured to sign anyone not in their thirties?

Kris Commons, Scott McDonald, Grant Holt, Emile Heskey, Marco Amelia...

I think it's fine to sign a couple of older players, but I hope we start getting a bit more variety in the rumoured personnel.

Vault Boy
03-07-2016, 08:27 PM

I think it's fine to sign a couple of older players, but I hope we start getting a bit more variety in the rumoured personnel.

Well we've also been linked to Liam Henderson, a young Brighton defender, Danny Rodgers, Callum McGregor and Tony Watt, so I think you're just seeing what you choose to see.

Finn2015
03-07-2016, 08:36 PM

Something between him and Deila probably. He won player of the year then Deila came in and that was that.

1875STEVE
03-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Another one from twitter, so reliability......

Transfer Centre 9 ‏@TransferCentre9 · Jul 1

Charlton Athletic look to make a bid for Hibs striker Jason Cummings and offer a straight swap with Tony Watt going the other way #cafc

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-07-2016, 08:55 PM

Eh?, no thanks, Watt not in the same league as Jason IMO

Big L
03-07-2016, 08:55 PM

Rodgers says he likes him but needs to add a couple of things to his game so I don't see him being available, unfortunately!

Marco G
03-07-2016, 09:01 PM
On paper he could be a great signing.

A wee word of caution though, just had a look at a celtic forum and the consensus is that he's finished with them as he cant run any more and is badly overweight.

I could just about look past that but if we've already got Holt that can't run then I'd be a bit worried about this tbh, especially when the thing we were crying out for last season was pace.
A wee word of caution, that guy George Best we signed was overweight and could not run any more, oh hang on a minute! Not comparing, just making a point about playing at certain levels.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
03-07-2016, 09:02 PM

Think that got torn apart around page 59 of the previous rumour thread.

1875STEVE
03-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Think that got torn apart around page 59 of the previous rumour thread.

Ah rite, sorry, first time id seen it.

Mr White
03-07-2016, 09:06 PM
A wee word of caution, that guy George Best we signed was overweight and could not run any more, oh hang on a minute! Not comparing, just making a point about playing at certain levels.

Hopefully Commons manages to play more than 20 games for us and avoids being sacked for repeatedly failing to turn up due to a spiralling alcohol addiction. If he signs that is.

staunchhibby
03-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Any idea who the keeper is supposedly on trial at Hibs??

keep the faith
03-07-2016, 09:09 PM

Is that not rogers from Aberdeen?

Nevi_SOL
03-07-2016, 09:10 PM

Ex raith. Laidlaw or something

jgl07
03-07-2016, 09:13 PM

Aye and Hibs were relegated.

neil7908
03-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Commons would be an incredible signing but I just can't see it unless it's a player/coach deal. He'll be on big money at Celtic and could pick up similar cash down in England for a championship team down there. Unless the Lennon factor is bigger than I think I just don't see him dropping down a division when he still has a couple of good years ahead of him.

J-C
03-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Commons would be an incredible signing but I just can't see it unless it's a player/coach deal. He'll be on big money at Celtic and could pick up similar cash down in England for a championship team down there. Unless the Lennon factor is bigger than I think I just don't see him dropping down a division when he still has a couple of good years ahead of him.

32 years old and settled up here and probably doesn't need the money, 2 year deal to wind his career down and become another hero at another club sounds fine to me. :greengrin

Marco G
Aye and Hibs were relegated.
That was not only down to George Best and I would not have missed seeing him in a green jersey for anything!

Baldy Foghorn
Ex raith. Laidlaw or something

Ross Laidlaw, played yesterday at Hawick

Marco G
03-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Hopefully Commons manages to play more than 20 games for us and avoids being sacked for repeatedly failing to turn up due to a spiralling alcohol addiction. If he signs that is.
True, but the question was about players who might be overweight and thought past it, not about players who were often sloshed.

Mr White
03-07-2016, 09:41 PM
True, but the question was about players who might be overweight and thought past it, not about players who were often sloshed.

George Best was absolutely past it when he signed for us though. He was overweight because of his alcohol dependence so I'd find it hard to separate the two tbh.

I agree that some players can perform at or above expectation despite their physical condition but Best is a poor example of that imo. Conrad Logan would be a better one :greengrin

Mikey09
03-07-2016, 11:47 PM

Kris Commons is neither overweight or past it. I seriously Cannae believe some on here. We are in THE CHAMPIONSHIP and when Lennons name was a rumour some were questioning his credentials to do the job... Now a player of Commons ability and experience is on the rumour thread and the same questions are being asked?!!' I don't know who some actually want us to sign.

One more thing... If Commons was built like Ronaldo, and had his pace he wouldn't even be at Celtic. He's NEVER been quick and is a stocky wee player with bags of ability.

SJM
03-07-2016, 11:52 PM
Commons would be an utterly amazing signing. Laidlaw is **** and I've been told we are trying to get Vaughuan from Raith and Scougal from down South. Also some young promising Celtic youngster who scored against Motherwell last day of the season. Rogers deal isn't happening, Willo Flood to Dundee Utd too.

Greencore
04-07-2016, 12:18 AM
Commons would be an utterly amazing signing. Laidlaw is **** and I've been told we are trying to get Vaughuan from Raith and Scougal from down South. Also some young promising Celtic youngster who scored against Motherwell last day of the season. Rogers deal isn't happening, Willo Flood to Dundee Utd too.

Heard that Lewis Vaughan is a massive hibs fan. He any good?

bingo70
04-07-2016, 05:30 AM
Kris Commons is neither overweight or past it. I seriously Cannae believe some on here. We are in THE CHAMPIONSHIP and when Lennons name was a rumour some were questioning his credentials to do the job... Now a player of Commons ability and experience is on the rumour thread and the same questions are being asked?!!' I don't know who some actually want us to sign.

One more thing... If Commons was built like Ronaldo, and had his pace he wouldn't even be at Celtic. He's NEVER been quick and is a stocky wee player with bags of ability.

You're right, it was pretty outrageous of me discussing the potential pros and cons of a Hibs target, on a Hibs message board.

I'm not convinced Commons will be signing, if he does I think he'll probably do a good job, I'm just not as convinced ss some regarding just how good he is. I'd also be concerned that if he does sign then two of lennons first signings will be people that can't run, you can get away with one of them in your team, any more than that and I think there's potentially a problem there.

I'm_cabbaged
04-07-2016, 05:59 AM

Deffo a massive Hibs fan, he just came back from a cruciate tear about February

Marco G
04-07-2016, 06:59 AM

I agree. I was replying in an ironic manner to the post that mentioned rumours on a Celtic fans forum as a reason to doubt him, saying even if it was true he would do a job for us. I have always admired Commons for his passing ability and eye for a goal and think he would be a great signing.

SJM
04-07-2016, 07:21 AM

He is and he is IMO. He's been injured for the last year but the boy has it, a risk worth taking and like you said a massive hibee.

Brightside
04-07-2016, 07:37 AM
He is and he is IMO. He's been injured for the last year but the boy has it, a risk worth taking and like you said a massive hibee.

He played 90 mins the other day, and scored.

SJM
04-07-2016, 07:47 AM
He played 90 mins the other day, and scored.

👍

Ronniekirk
04-07-2016, 07:52 AM
You're right, it was pretty outrageous of me discussing the potential pros and cons of a Hibs target, on a Hibs message board.

I'm not convinced Commons will be signing, if he does I think he'll probably do a good job, I'm just not as convinced ss some regarding just how good he is. I'd also be concerned that if he does sign then two of lennons first signings will be people that can't run, you can get away with one of them in your team, any more than that and I think there's potentially a problem there.

Stop fretting Bingo Its Lennon s new style of play We are going to WALK this league. Green grin
On a serious note until we see how he is changing our style of play and who actually comes in its difficult to be critical at this early stage
What i don't want is too many players being brought in with history of recent injuries that may prevent them playing and holt falls into that category (added to Bolton Hibs post who has seen more of him play in last two years )
Commons is currently out with back problem and has been told he will need to change his style of play if he is to play a part at Celtic So i could see him wanting to move on
We will miss Henderson's energy and drive and was he not our top scoring midfielder Commons might give us the goals and his clever play would be an asset Would he fit in with Mcginn and a fit McGeoch both of whom are crucial to the team
We have said we will take our time and bring in the right players to win us the League so i am prepared to be patient in this Transfer Window

GreenPJ
04-07-2016, 08:16 AM

How many in the current first team squad are over 30?

SlickShoes
04-07-2016, 08:56 AM
How many in the current first team squad are over 30?

Fontaine and Bartley recently became 30, that's it. Most of the squad is early twenties.

SJM
04-07-2016, 08:59 AM
Fontaine and Bartley recently became 30, that's it. Most of the squad is early twenties.

Daz is 31 next month.

SlickShoes
04-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Daz is 31 next month.

Cant believe I forgot him, deary me!

SaulGoodman
04-07-2016, 09:10 AM
Forster new 2 year deal

offshorehibby
04-07-2016, 09:12 AM
Jordon Forster has signed a new two-year deal with Hibernian Football Club.

The defender, 22, made his Hibernian debut in 2013 at Tynecastle in a 2-1 Edinburgh Derby victory, and his since made 56 appearances for the Club.

Jordon says that he is extremely happy to have signed the new deal and is looking forward to working under Neil Lennon.

Speaking to Hibs TV the defender said: “It feels brilliant, obviously I was away for the second half of last season on loan down at Plymouth. Coming back and seeing the boys has been good.

“I’m just delighted to finally sign the two-year contract and work with the new manager and the new people he is bringing in. I’m looking forward to the new season which is going to be a big one.

“It’s going to be challenging, but it’s going to be exciting as well.”

Billychaotic182
04-07-2016, 09:19 AM
From the Facebook page

TRANSFER RUMOUR:

Sadly this evening we understand that both the Henderson and the Commons rumours earlier in the night were nothing more than just rumour.

We understand Celtic to have told Hibs that Liam Henderson WILL NOT be returning to Hibs this season on loan and initial contact with Celtic regarding Commons HAS NOT taken place.

We will bring you any different if we get it but our confirmed sources are adamant these deals are very unlikely to take place.

Betty Boop
04-07-2016, 10:29 AM
Kris Commons is surely on a huge wage, how can we afford that ?

Big L
04-07-2016, 11:07 AM
Commons is 32 he won't get much game time under Rodgers, so he will be off with a pay off for his last year. At his age and with his injury problems I don't think their will be a rush for his services and particularly not from the English Championship. I'm not saying he couldn't do a job for us but for what he would cost us, I think we might be better spending our money elsewhere

NAE NOOKIE
04-07-2016, 11:08 AM
From the Facebook page

TRANSFER RUMOUR:

Sadly this evening we understand that both the Henderson and the Commons rumours earlier in the night were nothing more than just rumour.

We understand Celtic to have told Hibs that Liam Henderson WILL NOT be returning to Hibs this season on loan and initial contact with Celtic regarding Commons HAS NOT taken place.

We will bring you any different if we get it but our confirmed sources are adamant these deals are very unlikely to take place.

Even though it would be nice to have Commons, it would appear that he has a few fitness / injury issues that would have prevented him being of much use to us, at least in the short term ... it would always have been a long shot getting him in to be honest.

I am much more disappointed that it looks like Celtic are either going to play Liam Henderson, or if not loan him to a team at a higher level than us, which to be honest you cant blame them for, there is obviously real potential there and as I said before IMO he has a continental style about him which would suit another loan period abroad ...... I have to admit that I saw a report on the news about Celtic the other day with Liam warming up in his Celtic gear and I nearly started greetin' .... the guy is made for us.

lochhibs
04-07-2016, 11:27 AM
henderson played the 2nd half of celtic's 1st pre season game and started last night against sturm graz before going of at half time. coincidentally allan set up christie for their goal.

NthCarolinaHibs
04-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Deary deary me.....no again...

Pretty Boy
04-07-2016, 03:08 PM
I've just posted this on the PM board and whilst it's not as strictly accurate out here the sentiments are still valid:

'Just a wee friendly reminder to everyone that Andy Gillies (Hibs Fans News) doesn't have the right of reply in here so let's not go tearing into him personally. I know he called people on here 'balloons' and 'keyboard warriors' but 2 wrongs don't make a right and all that.

If people have an issue with his page then there's no issue with criticism of that but I think his latest post suggests he has taken some of the personal stuff to heart and I'd rather we didn't go there'.

McIntosh
04-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Just ignore that. He talks utter pish, the guy has no sources and gets most of his info from here and passes it off as his own. Complete roaster.

Come on - no need

Finn2015
04-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Ah bollocks. Was hoping hendo would come back with commons in tow. Ach well

silverhibee
04-07-2016, 03:33 PM
If and like above its a huge if, we can't expect Commons to hit the ground running. He hasn't kicked a ball in months and By the sound of things hasn't trained either. He may take time to get to his best. really hope we can get these two over the line!

Rogers said he had left Commons back at Lennoxtown as he was injured, and has been for a while.

Tha Cabbage Kid
04-07-2016, 03:55 PM
I've just posted this on the PM board and whilst it's not as strictly accurate out here the sentiments are still valid:

'Just a wee friendly reminder to everyone that Andy Gillies (Hibs Fans News) doesn't have the right of reply in here so let's not go tearing into him personally. I know he called people on here 'balloons' and 'keyboard warriors' but 2 wrongs don't make a right and all that.

If people have an issue with his page then there's no issue with criticism of that but I think his latest post suggests he has taken some of the personal stuff to heart and I'd rather we didn't go there'.

well said Pretty boy

HoboHarry
04-07-2016, 06:37 PM
Scotsman reporting we are expecting a bid from Rotherham for JC...

Big L
04-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Doesn't mean to say he will get him!

HoboHarry
04-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Of course not but it flies in the face of what AS had previously stated.

bingo70
04-07-2016, 06:55 PM

Do you have a link to that? Can't see it online?

HoboHarry
04-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Do you have a link to that? Can't see it online?
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-brace-themselves-for-rotherham-bid-for-jason-cummings-1-4169052

Ryan69
04-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Oxley isnt as bas as people are making out...

I guarantee you he wouldn't get a game for. Struggling spl team or a team that has to defend more often.

Christ he was playing for a team that had about 3 shots against us on average a week...and most shots would go in,or at least he would be flapping for crosses every corner kick.

Terrible goalkeeper that inspires absolutely no confidence in the defence at all.

Jim44
04-07-2016, 07:13 PM

I thought at the time that Stubbs was a liar or an idiot for saying he wouldn't be raiding Hibs for players.

bingo70
04-07-2016, 07:18 PM
I thought at the time that Stubbs was a liar or an idiot for saying he wouldn'd be raiding Hibs for players.

I wouldn't be as harsh as that but I did think he was a bit naive for saying that.

He's got an obligation to Rotherham now, if the best players he can find for his budget happen to currently play for Hibs then he needs to go for them.

NthCarolinaHibs
04-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Fair do's...but why say it in the first place..

itslegaltender
04-07-2016, 07:28 PM
£2 million and he's yours Stubbsy.

Jim44
04-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Fair do's...but why say it in the first place..

......... Because he's a liar or an idiot. Not many experienced managers with common sense would make such a promise to the club they were leaving.

NthCarolinaHibs
04-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Awrite Jim.....calm doon man...

Aldo
04-07-2016, 08:40 PM
......... Because he's a liar or an idiot. Not many experienced managers with common sense would make such a promise to the club they were leaving.

Sitting on the fence again Jim?? ;-)

silverhibee
04-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Of course not but it flies in the face of what AS had previously stated.

And at the end of last season Leeann Dempster said Stubbs would be the Hibs manager for this season, I tend to not believe much that is said on these matters, infact when she said it my first thoughts were Stubbs will be away in the summer.

Ronniekirk
04-07-2016, 08:59 PM
He was offered a new contract by Stubbs who was confident he would sign it but he didn't
Lennon has met with him and made it clear he wants him to stay and sign a new contract and so far he hasn't which tells me he is open to moving on in this Transfer window and maybe Stubbs wanting him at Rotherham will be enough to make him want to move
I don't want us going into first few games with speculation affecting his form So for me if he is going. Get the best deal and start looking for a replacement
Or do as we did with S A tell him he is staying and can be a free agent next Summer If he really wants a move he will do what S A did.

Finn2015
04-07-2016, 09:33 PM
Will be very disappointed if Cummings goes to Rotherham. So much for promises

Vault Boy
04-07-2016, 10:06 PM
'Confident Cummings will stay.' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36709943)

JimBHibees
05-07-2016, 06:51 AM
And at the end of last season Leeann Dempster said Stubbs would be the Hibs manager for this season, I tend to not believe much that is said on these matters, infact when she said it my first thoughts were Stubbs will be away in the summer.

Totally agree. Stubbs did well for Hibs and Hibs did well for him also. He's moved on however works for someone else and has every right to try and buy who he wants, then up to Hibs and the player whether any value in a move.

Iain G
05-07-2016, 06:59 AM
So what do we know about Ross Laidlaw?

SJM
05-07-2016, 07:11 AM
So what do we know about Ross Laidlaw?

He couldn't get on the Raith bench behind Andy McNeil.

Ronniekirk
05-07-2016, 07:23 AM
He couldn't get on the Raith bench behind Andy McNeil.

Was he not injured for a period of time
That apart its not what i was expecting for a key position Back up maybe but don't think he can be No 1.
Was this not set in motion before Lennon arrived

SJM
05-07-2016, 07:25 AM
Was he not injured for a period of time
That apart its not what i was expecting for a key position Back up maybe but don't think he can be No 1.
Was this not set in motion before Lennon arrived

I'm just quoting what I've heard from Raith fans. He finally managed to get on the bench when McNeil left and isn't very good. He's young though so if he's coming in as back up for a new goalie it's not the end of the world. Lennon seems to have a decent eye for a goalie too.

With Grant Murray on the coaching staff he's probably been recommended by him.

E10 Rifle
05-07-2016, 08:45 AM
I'm just quoting what I've heard from Raith fans. He finally managed to get on the bench when McNeil left and isn't very good. He's young though so if he's coming in as back up for a new goalie it's not the end of the world. Lennon seems to have a decent eye for a goalie too.

With Grant Murray on the coaching staff he's probably been recommended by him.

I never really understood what Sean Murdoch did wrong to get emptied, had a good season for the Pars too. So decent keeper, not so good at flash mob dancing though :confused:

worcesterhibby
05-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Ok not sure how good this information is, but a mate of mine plays golf with a senior player at Bury FC and they played yesterday, he was asking him about transfers in and out and it was mentioned that Neil Lennon had been at the Ground speaking to the manager David Flitcroft about Leon Clarke. Apologies if it's him winding me up, but I thought I would pass it on.

Brightside
05-07-2016, 09:37 AM
Ok not sure how good this information is, but a mate of mine plays golf with a senior player at Bury FC and they played yesterday, he was asking him about transfers in and out and it was mentioned that Neil Lennon had been at the Ground speaking to the manager David Flitcroft about Leon Clarke. Apologies if it's him winding me up, but I thought I would pass it on.

He only signed a 3 year deal in 2015 at Bury and is scoring... He scored loads when on loan at Coventry and no doubt would score loads in our league. Big bruiser of a CF. Can't see it tbh but would be nice.

SJM
05-07-2016, 09:38 AM

Is that the player who's dad got killed at new year?

worcesterhibby
05-07-2016, 09:40 AM

No idea, he just messaged me what I've already said. I'd never heard of him before.

Brightside
05-07-2016, 09:40 AM

Yes.

Bill Milne
05-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Heard Lennon on Sky Sports this morning, saying that all transfer dealings would be wrapped up by 14th July, in and out.

scoopyboy
05-07-2016, 10:41 AM
Heard Lennon on Sky Sports this morning, saying that all transfer dealings would be wrapped up by 14th July, in and out.

Izzy, wizzy lets get busy.:greengrin

Personally I cannot see Hibs going from 14th July to 31st August without any transfers in or out.

Bill Milne
05-07-2016, 10:49 AM
Izzy, wizzy lets get busy.:greengrin

Personally I cannot see Hibs going from 14th July to 31st August without any transfers in or out.

Just repeating what the man said!! Clearly, Lennon deserves a good telling off for disagreeing with you!! Bear in mind we play in the Europa League that night.

SJM
05-07-2016, 10:58 AM
I never really understood what Sean Murdoch did wrong to get emptied, had a good season for the Pars too. So decent keeper, not so good at flash mob dancing though :confused:

Big Hibee too. Never really got a chance behind Ben.

scoopyboy
05-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Just repeating what the man said!! Clearly, Lennon deserves a good telling off for disagreeing with you!! Bear in mind we play in the Europa League that night.

Easy Tiger. No real need for a response like that.

Fully aware that we play Europa League match on the 14th July but there is a deadline for that round, so 14th isn't that significant a date.

JimBHibees
05-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Easy Tiger. No real need for a response like that.

Fully aware that we play Europa League match on the 14th July but there is a deadline for that round, so 14th isn't that significant a date.

Any idea when the deadline is? A week or ten days before. Light if ten days as that has past.

SJM
05-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Any idea when the deadline is? A week or ten days before. Light if ten days as that has past.

It was ten days for the first qualifying round.

J-C
05-07-2016, 11:49 AM

Looks similar to Holt, maybe he was an option before we signed Holt.

JimBHibees
05-07-2016, 11:57 AM

Ok so noone we sign from now on would be available for first leg.

hibbysam
05-07-2016, 12:51 PM

Deadline for the 2nd Qualifying round is this Friday at Midnight. However, you can sign and register 1 additional player up to midnight before the first leg.

brog
05-07-2016, 01:33 PM
He only signed a 3 year deal in 2015 at Bury and is scoring... He scored loads when on loan at Coventry and no doubt would score loads in our league. Big bruiser of a CF. Can't see it tbh but would be nice.

Yep, but he fits the essential criteria of being over 30!! :wink:

scoopyboy
05-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Deadline for the 2nd Qualifying round is this Friday at Midnight. However, you can sign and register 1 additional player up to midnight before the first leg.

Thanks Sam, didn't realise that.

So maybe a couple before midnight on Friday and another before next Wednesday.

Hermit Crab
05-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Thanks Sam, didn't realise that.

So maybe a couple before midnight on Friday and another before next Wednesday.

Hibs will be aware of the deadline and will no doubt be trying their hardest to get thier targets in beforehand. With Commons though it doesn't matter as he's injured anyway.

Scooter
05-07-2016, 01:48 PM
We will be lucky to get 500k for Cummings

Finn2015
05-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Why he is young? We shouldn't be looking for anything under half a million

Scooter
05-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Why he is young? We shouldn't be looking for anything under half a million

Cause he's played 2 full season which happen to be in the scottish tier. Doesn't want to sign a new deal and has 1 year left

Billychaotic182
05-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Cause he's played 2 full season which happen to be in the scottish tier. Doesn't want to sign a new deal and has 1 year left

Hearts got 1.5 mil for Sow with 6 months left on his deal and Cummings is twice the player he is!

Finn2015
05-07-2016, 02:17 PM

Fair points but we can't let him go on the cheap. Anything less than 500k is a poor deal

hibbysam
05-07-2016, 02:23 PM

Lewis Macleod had only played in Scottish league 1 and 2, and a handful of games in the Championship... He happened to have 2 years on his deal but fetched nearly £1.5m in total for Rangers..

Billychaotic182
05-07-2016, 02:23 PM
Fair points but we can't let him go on the cheap. Anything less than 500k is a poor deal

Wouldn't we be due a development fee?

lumbo_hfc
05-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Hearts got 1.5 mil for Sow with 6 months left on his deal and Cummings is twice the player he is!

Don't kid yourself!! Sow would be in my team over Cummings every day of the week!!

easty
05-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Don't kid yourself!! Sow would be in my team over Cummings every day of the week!!

Each to their own, I'd have Cummings ahead of that big muppet.

Finn2015
05-07-2016, 03:05 PM

Would have thought so but tbh don't have a scoobie

Greencore
05-07-2016, 03:13 PM
If Cummings leaves so be it, would just hope he signed a new deal to get hibs more money. We gave him his chance again after hearts.

Brightside
05-07-2016, 03:16 PM

eh?? :confused:

SaulGoodman
05-07-2016, 03:18 PM

Away you go!

CallumHibs07
05-07-2016, 03:29 PM

:faf:

J-C
05-07-2016, 03:29 PM

I was of this opinion too, he only came to Hibs as an 18 years old, he spent 5 years at Hearts between 07-12 before coming here in 2103.

Jonnyboy
05-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Dagnell signs for Crewe. I wish him well

SJM
05-07-2016, 03:38 PM

How they fluked money for him is a miracle. He was quite skilful but as a goalscorer Jason is much better. Sow is also about 6 years older.

Oscar T Grouch
05-07-2016, 03:41 PM

Sow 20 goals in two seasons, Cummings 46 goals in two season. I know who if choose every time!

Lago
05-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Farid also signs for Crewe
Be interesting to see how many games he plays.

BSEJVT
05-07-2016, 03:44 PM

Of all the frighteningly stupid posts to have graced Hibs net over the years, this is the winner buy the length of Leith Walk.

I am tempted to ask why, but you clearly inhabit a different planet from most, so I doubt I will learn anything worthwhile.

Greencore
05-07-2016, 03:45 PM
If Cummings leaves so be it, would just hope he signed a new deal to get hibs more money. We gave him his chance again after hearts.

Waxy
05-07-2016, 03:54 PM

Glad your no our manager.

NikGunnarsson
05-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Personally, would much rather have Sow than Cummings. Sow would score much more goals than Cummings in this league

Aldo
05-07-2016, 04:06 PM

Indeed. Der Hun got a million for Lewis McLeod

Aldo
05-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Personally, would much rather have Sow than Cummings. Sow would score much more goals than Cummings in this league

But he didn't!
Sow scored 20 goals for the yams in 45 appears.
12 in the championship?? Was that more than Cummings last season or season before??

SJM
05-07-2016, 04:07 PM

Like he did the season he was down here?

HoboHarry
05-07-2016, 04:09 PM
But he didn't!

Come on now Aldo, don't baffle him with facts.....😉

Aldo
05-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Come on now Aldo, don't baffle him with facts.....dde09

I have been kind and edited my post

CapitalGreen
05-07-2016, 04:11 PM

They both played in this league during 2014/15

Sow 11 in 22, 0.5 goals per game. 25 years of age.
Cummings 18 in 33, 0.55 goals per game. 19 years of age.

Sow was also playing in a arguably a stronger team than Hibs.

Paisley Hibby
06-07-2016, 08:45 AM
'Confident Cummings will stay.' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36709943)

Aw **** That'll be him away then 😠

Ronniekirk
06-07-2016, 09:30 AM
I have been kind and edited my post

So you took the word Roaster Out Aldo Green Grin

Aldo
06-07-2016, 09:42 AM
So you took the word Roaster Out Aldo Green Grin Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooofffttt Ronnie!!

GreenArmyyy!
06-07-2016, 10:25 AM

I'm sorry but that is total rubbish. Sow was bang average and not once stood out in a derby. How Hearts got any money for that clown is unbelievable.

GreenArmyyy!
06-07-2016, 10:26 AM

You forgetting he's played in this league and failed to do just that?

mattyjacklegend
06-07-2016, 10:41 AM

I have to say, I agree with the above. Maybe don't view the statement quite as strongly tbf. Sow's link up, hold up and technical ability are all better than Cummings I believe. His ability to keep the ball in tight areas and link up with team mates had a huge bearing on the number of goals scored from Hearts midfield. He was arguably Hearts best player in the top flight before he left. Sow has produced in the top flight which JC hasn't really had the opportunity to do yet. Sow, in my eyes, is a much more rounded and better player than JC at the moment. Cummings has undoubted ability and is a goal scorer but still has a lot to learn.

SaulGoodman
06-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Too many ****s on the wind up with this Sow thing

Iain G
06-07-2016, 10:49 AM
Too many ****s on the wind up with this Sow thing

Yup, you can't make a silk purse out of a Sow's ear....

SJM
06-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Greg Stewart away to Leeds. Some journey from Cowdenbeath.

Waxy
06-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Must be around 250 miles. Probably take over 4 hours

SaulGoodman
06-07-2016, 11:41 AM

He'll probably get a house down there I don't think he'll drive down every day

Lago
06-07-2016, 12:13 PM
:greengrin
Must be around 250 miles. Probably take over 4 hours

SJM
06-07-2016, 12:18 PM
:greengrin:

Spudster
06-07-2016, 12:42 PM

Pretty certain we do

SJM
06-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Ross Laidlaw signs apparently.

Aldo
06-07-2016, 01:09 PM
Ross Laidlaw signs apparently.

I would think that he will be no 2 or 3 to the new keeper when he signs!

SJM
06-07-2016, 01:10 PM

Yeah me too. It probably means oxleys departure is imminent too.

lumbo_hfc
06-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Of all the frighteningly stupid posts to have graced Hibs net over the years, this is the winner buy the length of Leith Walk.

I am tempted to ask why, but you clearly inhabit a different planet from most, so I doubt I will learn anything worthwhile.

Just a personal opinion. I don't rate Cummings in the slightest (as you can probably tell) not doubting he has got potential and is still young. I just think Hibs would benefit more with a player like sow. His pace, Power and Link up play is all far superior to Cummings.

Anyone making comparisons on goals scored aswell need to remember was played out wide a lot of the time aswell.

I hope we get money for Cummings but i don't think it will be as much as what people are expecting. Be very surprised if Stubbs has made any approach for him!

BSEJVT
06-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Just a personal opinion. I don't rate Cummings in the slightest (as you can probably tell) not doubting he has got potential and is still young. I just think Hibs would benefit more with a player like sow. His pace, Power and Link up play is all far superior to Cummings.

Anyone making comparisons on goals scored aswell need to remember was played out wide a lot of the time aswell.

I hope we get money for Cummings but i don't think it will be as much as what people are expecting. Be very surprised if Stubbs has made any approach for him!

The Strikers job is to score goals, if we had Sow (god forbid) or someone like him we would be about 15 goals a season lighter than we were with Cummings.

Given that both Hearts & The Rangers substantially outscored us anyway, we would be looking to find I reckon about a 30 goals a year striker if we had made that swap.

You could also argue that in the absence of having someone like Sow or indeed for much of the time anyone to play off, Cummings record is even more remarkable than it first looks.

I cant for the life of me understand why Hibs supporters want to chase a proven 20 goals a year striker out the door, especially when he is still young and very much learning his trade.

I know he's not Bale, Messi or Ronaldo, but he has done a bloody good job for us over the years and without his goals in the Scottish Cup games against Hearts alone, there would be no Scottish Cup win.

You state that Sow was played out wide and could hold the ball up and link the play, yet that was never Cummings role with Hibs, it was and is to score goals end of story, even his worst detractors cant say he has failed to do that.

Finn2015
06-07-2016, 07:06 PM
The Strikers job is to score goals, if we had Sow (god forbid) or someone like him we would be about 15 goals a season lighter than we were with Cummings.

Given that both Hearts & The Rangers substantially outscored us anyway, we would be looking to find I reckon about a 30 goals a year striker if we had made that swap.

You could also argue that in the absence of having someone like Sow or indeed for much of the time anyone to play off, Cummings record is even more remarkable than it first looks.

I cant for the life of me understand why Hibs supporters want to chase a proven 20 goals a year striker out the door, especially when he is still young and very much learning his trade.

I know he's not Bale, Messi or Ronaldo, but he has done a bloody good job for us over the years and without his goals in the Scottish Cup games against Hearts alone, there would be no Scottish Cup win.

You state that Sow was played out wide and could hold the ball up and link the play, yet that was never Cummings role with Hibs, it was and is to score goals end of story, even his worst detractors cant say he has failed to do that.

Someone just hit the nail right on its baldy napper

bingo70
06-07-2016, 07:10 PM

Strikers job is to help the team score, not just to score themselves.

BSEJVT
06-07-2016, 07:22 PM

Not sure I agree with that to be honest, if as a result of his play other opportunities are created for other players, well and good.

The one certainty though is that if you had a player when all they did was help his team to score goals, but never scored himself than there are only 2 possible outcomes:

1) He is not a striker

2) He wouldn't last very long if he was

Even your Heskey's, Sutton's, Hartson's etc who I would class as being far better linkers of play / to play off, had far better scoring records that Osman bloody Sow and at far higher levels

Dunbar Hibee
06-07-2016, 07:25 PM

Disagree mate.

Ardenttwo
06-07-2016, 07:35 PM
Just wondering if this goalkeeper from Raith Rovers is any good why did he not get signed by Dundee Utd who are short of goalies

Speedway
06-07-2016, 07:40 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-sign-former-raith-goalkeeper-ross-laidlaw-1-4171107

Speedway
06-07-2016, 07:41 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6614

BSEJVT
06-07-2016, 07:44 PM

Thought about this further

What would you choose?

a) 25 goal striker who contributed nothing else

b) excellent link up forward whose play created 10 or even 15 goals for his team but never/ seldom scored

or put another way

a) Jason Cummings

b) James Collins

Brightside
06-07-2016, 07:51 PM

100% spot on. :thumbsup: The best striker scores plenty, but can also hold the ball up and set up midfield for goals. Cummings is a good goal scorer but he's not a great striker yet.

Ardenttwo
Just wondering if this goalkeeper from Raith Rovers is any good why did he not get signed by Dundee Utd who are short of goalies

eastmainsmsh

Comes from fallin I think or his gf does same village as Caldwell brothers and Jim Ryan of Manchester United good move for him

Winston Ingram
06-07-2016, 07:56 PM

Absolutely. The team really missed Dom's ability to hold the ball and our lack of a striker that could do that really cost us in the run in

cookin_on_gaz
06-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Comes from fallin I think or his gf does same village as Caldwell brothers and Jim Ryan of Manchester United good move for him

Wonder what they are putting in the water?

hibs#1
06-07-2016, 08:02 PM

Caldwell bros don't come from fallin

Think Greg Stewart does

Its a ***** hole anyway and full of huns

hibbypostie
06-07-2016, 08:07 PM

I don't know what's sillier this comment or the 30 odd post's arguing with what is obviously a troll or idiot take your pick

Aldo
06-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Just wondering if this goalkeeper from Raith Rovers is any good why did he not get signed by Dundee Utd who are short of goalies Maybe he decided he preferred us to them. Let's give the lad a chance and our support!

Andy74
06-07-2016, 08:20 PM

Sow is one of the players that helped them substantially out score us. He scored a few himself but he was a much better all round player than Cummings.

As others have said scoring goals through one stiker is just one way to approach the game. Holt I think will be a good example for us of how certain players could allow the team as a whole to get more involved in scoring goals.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-07-2016, 08:24 PM

It's almost as if they appear not to be Hibs supporters at all .... Hmmm....

Andy74
06-07-2016, 08:24 PM

What would you choose?

b) excellent link up forward whose play created 10 or even 15 goals for his team but never/ seldom scored

or put another way

a) Jason Cummings

b) James Collins

That is a pretty limited choice though eh?

How about a 25 goal a season striker or a 15 a season striker who helps create another 20?

lumbo_hfc
06-07-2016, 08:26 PM

What would you choose?

or put another way

a) Jason Cummings

b) James Collins

If you think James Collins had "excellent link up" then we should just leave the debate there. As football is a bit lost on you!

Sow was about near enough hearts best player the season they finished however many points it was ahead of us, in this league that we still happen to be in. Obviously not all Cummings fault because Stubbs put far too much pressure on him at a young age to be our main striker. I just think someone with a bit more experience, ability to hold the ball in, to get us up the park would have improved the team as a whole. Therefore sow, ahead of Cummings!

Zazu62
06-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Cummings loves scoring in derbys/ winding up hearts fans

Did sow do that for them ??

J-C
06-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Cummings is an out and out scorer, his hold up play and link up is fairly poor but it is getting better. We lacked either a clever attacking midfielder or a hold up forward to bring others into the attack. It's been pointed out umpteen times we lack goals from midfield and/or another striker, big Dominic chipped in 1st season but his 2nd season contribution was poor and Stokes took too long to get up to speed.

lumbo_hfc
06-07-2016, 08:36 PM
I don't know what's sillier this comment or the 30 odd post's arguing with what is obviously a troll or idiot take your pick

Could count on one hand the amount of games I've missed since Cummings came in to the team but because I don't rate him, I'm an idiot.... Good one! The 2nd half of last season especially, he was very poor! Needs to get his head down and work hard. hopefully grant holt can help him because by looking at his career, that's what he's done!

lumbo_hfc
06-07-2016, 08:42 PM
Cummings loves scoring in derbys/ winding up hearts fans

Did sow do that for them ??

Did sow help them win the league??

Aldo
06-07-2016, 08:47 PM
If you think James Collins had "excellent link up" then we should just leave the debate there. As football is a bit lost on you! Sow was about near enough hearts best player the season they finished however many points it was ahead of us, in this league that we still happen to be in. Obviously not all Cummings fault because Stubbs put far too much pressure on him at a young age to be our main striker. I just think someone with a bit more experience, ability to hold the ball in, to get us up the park would have improved the team as a whole. Therefore sow, ahead of Cummings!

Cummings will put pressure on himself! It's his job and at a very young age has managed to score 48 goals in 109 appearances for us. He will only improve! Folk forget he's still only 20. We need more goals from midfield simple as that. Jason did more than his fair share in the goal scoring stakes let's not forget this.
If anything those around him needed to step up to the mark and they didn't (in the league anyway)

Tell you what though. I wish we had more players like Cummings and I mean ones you don't rate because he's doing fine by me!

Blaster
06-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Any rumours?

Hibstrooper
06-07-2016, 08:52 PM
Any rumours?

I think we might be signing Osman Sow :dunno:

Blaster
06-07-2016, 08:52 PM
I think we might be signing Osman Sow :dunno:

Rumour is he's better than Cummings

livi hibs 1875
06-07-2016, 08:55 PM
Any rumours?

was thinking the same thing . might need to start a 3rd transfer thread now :flag:

Ryan69
06-07-2016, 08:56 PM
This threads just turning into the last one...
To many of the police out not accepting opinions.

SJM
06-07-2016, 08:57 PM

Did he help them win the Scottish Cup? I would rather have Malonga than so and don't forget he was a hibs reject that ended up at hearts because although he agreed to join us Stubbs had a look at him and said no.

How's he doing in China? 20 goals by now I would imagine.

SJM
06-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Any rumours?

Oxley has agreed terms with Southend and we are signing Zaluska.

Blaster
06-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Oxley has agreed terms with Southend and we are signing Zaluska.

That's better

bingo70
06-07-2016, 09:35 PM

What would you choose?

or put another way

a) Jason Cummings

b) James Collins

That's two fairly extremes you're choosing from.

My preference would be to have a forward that scored 10-15 goals but helped 2 midfielders or wingers both get 10 goals each than a striker they scored 25 but made it really difficult for anyone else to score.

Two of my favourite Hibs players in my lifetime have been Darren Jackson and Keith Wright, I don't think either of them got 20 in a season but both were far better players than Cummings is now IMO.

hibbypostie
06-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Could count on one hand the amount of games I've missed since Cummings came in to the team but because I don't rate him, I'm an idiot.... Good one! The 2nd half of last season especially, he was very poor! Needs to get his head down and work hard. hopefully grant holt can help him because by looking at his career, that's what he's done!

if you are arguing that cummings had a poor tail end to the season then you will struggle to find anyone to DISAGREE with you but sow is not better than him you're wrong accept it and we can all move on to the transfer news If you feel you must continue then please open another thread and those who want to continue the insanity can join you there:aok:

Zazu62
06-07-2016, 09:56 PM

It's the championship they won mate zeefuick probably scored more than sow eh

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
06-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Cummings will put pressure on himself! It's his job and at a very young age has managed to score 48 goals in 109 appearances for us. He will only improve! Folk forget he's still only 20. We need more goals from midfield simple as that. Jason did more than his fair share in the goal scoring stakes let's not forget this.
If anything those around him needed to step up to the mark and they didn't (in the league anyway)

Tell you what though. I wish we had more players like Cummings and I mean ones you don't rate because he's doing fine by me!

Im not getting involved in the cummings debate, because ive done thay debate to death.

But as a general point, why do people say young players can only improve? The game is absolutely littered with young players who didnt / dont improve - its not automatic, if anything it gets more difficult.

Finn2015
06-07-2016, 10:12 PM
This threads just turning into the last one...
To many of the police out not accepting opinions.

It is and it will continue to be so until something actually happens. Don't think any club is as good as hibs at keeping their cards close to their chest. Not even a tit bit thrown out way

Time For Heroes
06-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Someone wanna start a Sow/Cummings thread? :greengrin

tamig
06-07-2016, 10:49 PM
Someone wanna start a Sow/Cummings thread? :greengrin

Is Cummings going to China in a swap deal with Sow?

The_Exile
06-07-2016, 10:52 PM
You can't coach a goalscorers instinct but you can coach solid link up play with the midfield or other forwards. #cummingsforpresident

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Got a feeling we will announce at least 1 (maybe 2) signings before Sunday's game vs well. Personally hoped we'd have been further down the line with recruitment but still believe we have a decent enough starting point this time round.

At least then we can stop comparing 2 entirely different players who ironically enough would probably link up really well together.

Time For Heroes
06-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Is Cummings going to China in a swap deal with Sow?

I think thats whats happening?

Greencore
06-07-2016, 11:09 PM
Sow has scored one goal in 13 games for his team in a China.

HoboHarry
06-07-2016, 11:09 PM
Filip Twardzik from Bolton. No idea if he's any good but FFS what about that hairstyle? Him and Jason Cummings could have at it.....

HoboHarry
06-07-2016, 11:11 PM

Nae cant telt him ye have tae shoot sideways in China?

Ahem.....

Greencore
06-07-2016, 11:18 PM

Time For Heroes
06-07-2016, 11:28 PM

you can say that again :greengrin

tamig
06-07-2016, 11:41 PM
you can say that again :greengrin

Better than Dagnall. I think the Chinese league is stronger than the Indian league so reckon big Osman will be a good signing for us. And stick it up hertz at the same time. Win/win. Wonder if we'll have a buy back clause for Cummings? He could struggle to settle there 🤔

Finn2015
07-07-2016, 05:42 AM
Got a feeling we will announce at least 1 (maybe 2) signings before Sunday's game vs well. Personally hoped we'd have been further down the line with recruitment but still believe we have a decent enough starting point this time round.

At least then we can stop comparing 2 entirely different players who ironically enough would probably link up really well together.

Hope your right! Would be a great boost to see signings soon.

Unseen work
07-07-2016, 05:44 AM
Filip Twardzik from Bolton. No idea if he's any good but FFS what about that hairstyle? Him and Jason Cummings could have at it.....Are we being linked with him?

Tha Cabbage Kid
07-07-2016, 06:13 AM
Any news on that Chelsea goal Amelia?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Tha Cabbage Kid
07-07-2016, 06:15 AM
Zaluszka???

Hibernian Verse
07-07-2016, 06:15 AM
Any news on that Chelsea goal Amelia?

That was never happening.

Tha Cabbage Kid
07-07-2016, 06:16 AM
That was never happening.
End of his career, you never know. Would have said the same about sauzee

Hibernian Verse
07-07-2016, 06:25 AM

True, but there was a lot more money in our game then.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Brightside
07-07-2016, 06:38 AM

It was never happening coz it was totally made up.

Zazu62
07-07-2016, 06:38 AM
Better than Dagnall. I think the Chinese league is stronger than the Indian league so reckon big Osman will be a good signing for us. And stick it up hertz at the same time. Win/win. Wonder if we'll have a buy back clause for Cummings? He could struggle to settle there 🤔

Big osman 😂😂

Greenworld
07-07-2016, 06:44 AM
Lennon meeting hibs board today about lack of rumours. Said to be on the verge of leaving unless this changes

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
07-07-2016, 06:54 AM

Thanks

That's working well :rolleyes:

scoopyboy
07-07-2016, 06:58 AM
That's two fairly extremes you're choosing from.

My preference would be to have a forward that scored 10-15 goals but helped 2 midfielders or wingers both get 10 goals each than a striker they scored 25 but made it really difficult for anyone else to score.

Two of my favourite Hibs players in my lifetime have been Darren Jackson and Keith Wright, I don't think either of them got 20 in a season but both were far better players than Cummings is now IMO.

At 20yo neither Darren Jackson or Keith Wright were at the standard Jason Cummings is right now.

Jackson was a late developer in my opinion, didn't get capped until he came to us.

Callum_62
07-07-2016, 07:05 AM
Lennon meeting hibs board today about lack of rumours. Said to be on the verge of leaving unless this changes

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

:agree:

Waxy
07-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Osman Sow always came out the tunnel dressed for an american football game.

BSEJVT
07-07-2016, 07:48 AM
That is a pretty limited choice though eh?

How about a 25 goal a season striker or a 15 a season striker who helps create another 20?

That would be great

Can you name me one within our price range, or even as a starting point name me one?

BSEJVT
07-07-2016, 07:51 AM
If you think James Collins had "excellent link up" then we should just leave the debate there. As football is a bit lost on you!

Sow was about near enough hearts best player the season they finished however many points it was ahead of us, in this league that we still happen to be in. Obviously not all Cummings fault because Stubbs put far too much pressure on him at a young age to be our main striker. I just think someone with a bit more experience, ability to hold the ball in, to get us up the park would have improved the team as a whole. Therefore sow, ahead of Cummings!

Or alternatively I might have been taking the piss re Collins?

A look back through my previous posts on Collins would leave you in exactly now doubt on my feelings on that twat.

We are never going to agree on Cummings v Sow

I would have no problem with someone like (but not) Sow playing alongside Cummings, but not instead of

I still think we would lose more goals than we would gain by such a swap

I clearly haven't seen as much of Sow as you have, but every time I did I thought he was bang average at best

Tha Cabbage Kid
07-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Give us something to talk about then underscore. You know some **** what's going down. Who are we interesting in????????? Messi willing to do community service in Scotland with us??

Smartie
07-07-2016, 09:47 AM
Give us something to talk about then underscore. You know some **** what's going down. Who are we interesting in????????? Messi willing to do community service in Scotland with us??

I reckon that there's only one club he'd be prepared to play for in Scotland, mainly due to their history and traditions (of not paying tax).

livi hibs 1875
07-07-2016, 09:52 AM
I reckon that there's only one club he'd be prepared to play for in Scotland, mainly due to their history and traditions (of not paying tax).
Sevco, yams, Motherwell, Dundee, Dunfermline, that's 5 off the top of my head

Ozyhibby
07-07-2016, 10:03 AM

Livingston, Gretna.
Scottish football is appallingly run.

Lago
07-07-2016, 10:04 AM

Yip even the ITK'ers are remarkably quiet.:greengrin

flash
07-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Livingston, Gretna.
Scottish football is appallingly run.

As opposed to England, Italy, Spain, Greece etc.

tamig
07-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Osman Sow always came out the tunnel dressed for an american football game.
Or Gladstone Small.

w pilton hibby
07-07-2016, 10:25 AM

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-millers-keep-hands-off-cummings-1-8001731

Something to mull over.

GloryGlory
07-07-2016, 10:39 AM

Livingston (two or three times over, can't remember).:greengrin

Andy74
07-07-2016, 11:00 AM
That would be great

Can you name me one within our price range, or even as a starting point name me one?

No idea. It was just an example that the correct answer isn't just a striker that will score a lot of goals.

I'd swap Cummings for Malonga though if we are using recent comparisons.

BSEJVT
07-07-2016, 11:30 AM
No idea. It was just an example that the correct answer isn't just a striker that will score a lot of goals.

I'd swap Cummings for Malonga though if we are using recent comparisons.

That's like saying though that a Unicorn would be faster than a horse or that a Minotaur would make a great centre half.

We can all come up with the identikit of the ideal player, but actually finding a player to match that identikit is a lot harder, and without doing so that mythical player is as relevant to the present debate as the Unicorn or Minotaur!

You probably wont recall it, but at the time Malonga went you and I were united in "grief" over it.

Even so I wouldn't swap Malonga for Cummings

With Malonga, you always felt he was capable of more for the team and of personally scoring more goals.

I hope Cummings can develop his game, but you are guaranteed goals.

Right now in our position they are invaluable and in the absence of identikit man shouldn't be given up lightly.

cmcd
07-07-2016, 12:08 PM
At 20yo neither Darren Jackson or Keith Wright were at the standard Jason Cummings is right now.

Jackson was a late developer in my opinion, didn't get capped until he came to us.
Joe Baker was much younger

southsider
07-07-2016, 12:18 PM
A FULL England cap at 18. First player ever to make his debut whilst playing outwith the football league. Took the FA 40 years to do so again (Owen Hargreaves)

Baker9
07-07-2016, 12:55 PM
A FULL England cap at 18. First player ever to make his debut whilst playing outwith the football league. Took the FA 40 years to do so again (Owen Hargreaves)

Scored all four goals in a 4-3 cup win against Hearts at Tynecastle 1958, when he was still at primary school - ok maybe 17?

scoopyboy
07-07-2016, 01:03 PM

Yes but the post I replied to specified Keith Wright and Darren Jackson. At this stage JC is inferior to neither.

He is however not even on the same planet as Joe Baker was.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-07-2016, 01:03 PM

As were kenny miller, tam mcmanus, o'connor, kevin harper

scoopyboy
07-07-2016, 01:09 PM
As were kenny miller, tam mcmanus, o'connor, kevin harper

None of them had scored as many goals as JC has before he is 21.

In fact most of the above never even reached even reached the total with Hibs that JC is at now in their careers never mind before they were 21.

SJM
07-07-2016, 01:21 PM

In fact most of the above never even reached even reached the total with Hibs that JC is at now in their careers never mind before they were 21.

None played in the lower leagues the majority of the games at their stages though.

Greencore
07-07-2016, 01:26 PM
No raid by Stubbs

http://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/12691/10494517/alan-stubbs-will-not-raid-former-club-hibernian-after-rotherham-were-linked-with-striker-jason-cummings

southsider
07-07-2016, 01:44 PM

Joe had scored 114 goals by 21, in 4 seasons with Hibs. Sadly, he was a one off.

Big L
07-07-2016, 04:06 PM
I was at the 4-3 game Baker9 refers to, it got quite scary. We were 4-0 up at half time and they came back in the 2nd half to 4-3. Some months before Joeh died I gave him a lift to the waveley after a game, it was just a thrill to listen to him. When he got out my mate who was in the back came round to get in the front, before he got in he gave Joe's seat a wee kiss. I have been privileged to have seen some great Hibs players in my time and Joe was up their with the best.

hibbypostie
07-07-2016, 04:20 PM
so we have now gone from Sow v Cummings to Cummings v Baker ? :rolleyes:

you truly have all lost it lol :agree:

Lago
07-07-2016, 04:23 PM
so we have now gone from Sow v Cummings to Cummings v Baker ? :rolleyes:

you truly have all lost it lol :agree:
Shows how little appears to be happening down Easter Rd way.:confused:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
07-07-2016, 04:40 PM

True.

But they all played in the top league.