PDA

View Full Version : torn faced blazer at cup presentation

vincipernoi
03-07-2016, 08:48 AM
apologies if this has already been clarified but;

anyone know who the official standing on the right hand side of the guy who presented the cup was?

the presenting official smiled and clapped --

this other functionary (small guy) had a face like a slapped *rs! throughout

would like to add a name to a face and continue to gloat

ta

JimBHibees
03-07-2016, 08:52 AM

anyone know who the official standing on the right hand side of the guy who presented the cup was?

ta

Agree couldn't have looked more miserable.

Spike Mandela
03-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Mason Boyne

stantonhibby
03-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Mason Boyne

Billy McLoyal I think.

greenginger
03-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Agree couldn't have looked more miserable.

Yeah, probably read all the media predictions before the game and stuck his pension pot on a Gers win. :greengrin

Onion
03-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Need to have a quick look at other cup final presentations for the miserable git. Disgraceful reaction.

Frazerbob
03-07-2016, 09:08 AM
I remember when the cheats were presented with the cup after their tainted win in 2012 there were two girls in Hibs scarfs in the presentation area, looking pretty glum. Always wondered why the hung around. I'd have been offski long before.

oneone73
03-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Hunny McHunface

Spike Mandela
03-07-2016, 09:13 AM
I remember when the cheats were presented with the cup after their tainted win in 2012 there were two girls in Hibs scarfs in the presentation area, looking pretty glum. Always wondered why the hung around. I'd have been offski long before.

You actually watched it?????

Frazerbob
03-07-2016, 09:15 AM
You actually watched it?????

Not at the time, I was long gone, or on purpose since. It's been shown umpteen times since, including in the build up to this year's final.

Buc
03-07-2016, 09:17 AM
If you look at the programme it would appear to be Peter McLaughlin, SFA Security & Integrity officer!!!!!!!! He wasn't having a good day😀

Mr White
03-07-2016, 09:26 AM
If you look at the programme it would appear to be Peter McLaughlin, SFA Security & Integrity officer!!!!!!!! He wasn't having a good day😀

I wonder if he'll feature in the independent report. Just to cheer him up some more :greengrin

vincipernoi
03-07-2016, 09:31 AM
that seems to be the fellae - Well researched

- former Strathclyde polis from Hamilton according to his linkedin page ,

Seems Mason Boyne was in fact the best guess name for him,

Maybe we could get a 'cheer up Pete McLaughlin ..' song started

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-07-2016, 09:41 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160703/fb2de95530bbeaed7131ce6ac6ea51f8.jpg

We can add him to the list of folk who's summer we ruined

magpie1892
03-07-2016, 09:43 AM
I was about five yards from the presentation and Higgins was wearing a grin but Alex MacDonald looked like his dog had died. He was paractically in tears and it was wonderful to see.

ALF TUPPER
03-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Great to read this ( even if it means I'm readin a Hun headline .

Always good to know we ruined their hols.
GIRUY huns 😂

Col2
03-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Let's be clear. All of those following the Huns are still hurting, still bitter and still can't work out how they didn't win their first every major trophy.

magpie1892
03-07-2016, 09:58 AM
I wonder if he'll feature in the independent report. Just to cheer him up some more :greengrin

I wonder if this independent report will ever see the light of day because we all know what it's going to say...

JimBHibees
03-07-2016, 10:02 AM
If you look at the programme it would appear to be Peter McLaughlin, SFA Security & Integrity officer!!!!!!!! He wasn't having a good day

Was that not the white haired guy behind the people presenting the cup. Thought we were talking about the wee guy next to guy awarding the cup who looked totally miserable.

B.H.F.C
03-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Was that not the white haired guy behind the people presenting the cup. Thought we were talking about the wee guy next to guy awarding the cup who looked totally miserable.

The wee guy is Alan McRae, the SFA President. Naturally he would have been upset at his beloved team losing their first ever national final.

hfc rd
03-07-2016, 10:26 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160703/fb2de95530bbeaed7131ce6ac6ea51f8.jpg

We can add him to the list of folk who's summer we ruined

A sore bitter bad loser! GIRFUY breadman!

s.a.m
03-07-2016, 10:31 AM
The wee guy is Alan McRae, the SFA President. Naturally he would have been upset at his beloved team losing their first ever national final.

Just googled him, and he's not the torn-faced get that I'm thinking of. McRae did in fact manage to fix a limp smile on his face at one point. The one I'm thinking of is the white-haired, heavy chinned guy on the left of and behind David Gray as you look at the screen (David Gray's right). He's proper miserable. And very cross.

hibsbollah
03-07-2016, 10:33 AM
I can confirm the Rangers FC President, Mr. John Greig, is looking forlorn and wearing a 'hangdog' expression. His current favourite song is The Smiths 'I Know Its Over'. "Mother, I can feel, the soil falling over my head", he murmurs, as the memory of Grays bullet header is lodged permanently in his mind.

Danderhall Hibs
03-07-2016, 10:48 AM
I was about five yards from the presentation and Higgins was wearing a grin but Alex MacDonald looked like his dog had died. He was paractically in tears and it was wonderful to see.

30 years on and still greeting at Hampden.

magpie1892
03-07-2016, 11:16 AM
30 years on and still greeting at Hampden.

I know. It was ****ing brilliant to see at the time, and then made all the better by his post-match comments.

Bostonhibby
03-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Just googled him, and he's not the torn-faced get that I'm thinking of. McRae did in fact manage to fix a limp smile on his face at one point. The one I'm thinking of is the white-haired, heavy chinned guy on the left of and behind David Gray as you look at the screen (David Gray's right). He's proper miserable. And very cross.
Know the one you mean. Posted somewhere else that he looked like wee wullie blue nose the rangers organ player off you tube who did the we don't do walking away ditty, just before they voluntarily liquidated, ergo, died.

chinaman
03-07-2016, 12:12 PM

tadirty hun rat. Would have gone home and kicked in his wife.....am happy he's unhappy.

Jack Hackett
03-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Know the one you mean. Posted somewhere else that he looked like wee wullie blue nose the rangers organ player off you tube who did the we don't do walking away ditty, just before they voluntarily liquidated, ergo, died.

I had a right go at him in the comments until he blocked me...had to use a mate's account to continue the assault :greengrin

brog
03-07-2016, 04:15 PM
I had a right go at him in the comments until he blocked me...had to use a mate's account to continue the assault :greengrin

I'm still not sure which person the thread refers to but the wee guy behind the cup presenter had a face like a bag of spanners & reluctantly did a few derisory claps at the end! F them all!!

Aldo
03-07-2016, 05:47 PM
I hope the torn faced wee ***** was well peed off. What makes it even better was that he had to endure a last minute winner and then had to stand and watch Gray being presented with the Scottish Cup!!

Get it right roond yeah

AndyM_1875
04-07-2016, 08:05 AM

Looking over it again I really felt good for big Tony. No better man could have handed the cup and medals to Hibs. He must have been overjoyed to present the winning medals to the victorious Hibernian side.

Auld Hibees would have noted that Tony Higgins should have had this in 1979 and would have bar for an atrocious biased referee turning down a last minute Hibs penalty which was not so much stonewall as Hadrians Wall falling on you.

--------
04-07-2016, 08:14 AM
Looking over it again I really felt good for big Tony. No better man could have handed the cup and medals to Hibs. He must have been overjoyed to present the winning medals to the victorious Hibernian side.

Auld Hibees would have noted that Tony Higgins should have had this in 1979 and would have bar for an atrocious biased referee turning down a last minute Hibs penalty which was not so much stonewall as Hadrian's Wall falling on you.

AS you say, Andy. A disgrace. :agree:

JimBHibees
04-07-2016, 08:32 AM

Auld Hibees would have noted that Tony Higgins should have had this in 1979 and would have bar for an atrocious biased referee turning down a last minute Hibs penalty which was not so much stonewall as Hadrians Wall falling on you.

Indeed one of the worst decisions ever seen. Surprising that the footage of it has apparently gone missing from the BBC archives.:rolleyes:

Brian McGinlay if memory serves me right.

Mr White
04-07-2016, 08:42 AM
There was footage of that non penalty on a feature on sky with derek johnstone and tony higgins previewing this years final and talking about 79. It was linked on here a few weeks ago and I'll be honest while it probably should have been given and most definitely would have been at the other end, it wasn't as bad as I'd been led to believe by the descriptions I've read on here over the years.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10288837/scottish-cup-final-preview-rangers-v-hibernian-live-on-sky-sports

6th embedded video down.

brog
04-07-2016, 09:48 AM
There was footage of that non penalty on a feature on sky with derek johnstone and tony higgins previewing this years final and talking about 79. It was linked on here a few weeks ago and I'll be honest while it probably should have been given and most definitely would have been at the other end, it wasn't as bad as I'd been led to believe by the descriptions I've read on here over the years.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10288837/scottish-cup-final-preview-rangers-v-hibernian-live-on-sky-sports

6th embedded video down.

I know what you're saying but for me it's actually worse than I thought at the time, I was at far corner. I remembered it as a push but McCoy was actually almost Schumakeresque & nowadays would have been red card also.

Spike Mandela
04-07-2016, 09:59 AM

6th embedded video down.

Good spot. I haven't seen that in 37 year and penalty was a stonewaller. I also seem to remember Campell putting one past the post late on whilst one on one with McLoy.

Imagine how different our story would have been over the years if we'd got that monkey off our back in 1979. Brian McGinley a classic wee 1970's SFA bigot.

Anyway cheers for posting.:thumbsup:

Baker9
04-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Indeed one of the worst decisions ever seen. Surprising that the footage of it has apparently gone missing from the BBC archives.:rolleyes:

Brian McGinlay if memory serves me right.

McGinlay was Celtic daft. I have no doubt that he saw the penalty as a clear penalty but chose to protect himself from Ibrox wrath and to make life easier for himself.

The Green Goblin
04-07-2016, 02:56 PM
McGinlay was Celtic daft. I have no doubt that he saw the penalty as a clear penalty but chose to protect himself from Ibrox wrath and to make life easier for himself.

No doubt, and that there is everything that has been wrong with our game over the last x number of years summed up in one post.

JimBHibees
04-07-2016, 02:57 PM
No doubt, and that there is everything that has been wrong with our game over the last x number of years summed up in one post.

Undoubtedly cowardice on a grand stage.

Eyrie
04-07-2016, 05:32 PM

Or the Old Firm just look after each other.

Regardless, we were shafted by his decision.

JimBHibees
04-07-2016, 09:31 PM
That particular ref had a few issues which might have made him more amenable to persuasion.

Deansy
05-07-2016, 06:44 PM

6th embedded video down.

That's the first time I've seen that since being at that game. It was a penalty then and it's still a penalty now - dirty, cheating bxxxxxs, both the Hun and the GFA !

greenginger
05-07-2016, 07:05 PM
That's the first time I've seen that since being at that game. It was a penalty then and it's still a penalty now - dirty, cheating bxxxxxs, both the Hun and the GFA !

That's not the penalty incident that I've got in my head.

I remember Colin Campbell going round McCloy who was on the deck on he whips out an arm and takes the pins from our man.

Long, long time ago, but that's the way I remember it.

stantonhibby
05-07-2016, 07:06 PM

I remember Colin Campbell going round McCloy who was on the deck on he whips out an arm and takes the pins from our man.

Yes that's how I remember it.

O'Rourke3
05-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Yes that's how I remember it.

Me too....

brog
05-07-2016, 07:17 PM

Me too, though I remembered it more as a push from McCloy, but I can't think there was another more blatant pen than that one.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-07-2016, 07:43 AM
I always thought that if Campbell had went down instead of trying to stay on his feet we might have got it but saying that all the posters on here are correct, McGinley most certainly bottled it.

JimBHibees
06-07-2016, 10:41 AM

Agree I had it more on the right hand side of the box from an attacking viewpoint and Colin being taken off his feet. As you say though was a few years ago and this may well have been the one. Spoke to Colin a few years after and he was convinced it was a pen. Even more so than nowadays you just didnt tend to get those decisions and 5 mins to go in a cup final a Rangers player could have pulled a gun in the box and the ref would have played on. :greengrin

The Green Goblin
06-07-2016, 02:35 PM
Agree I had it more on the right hand side of the box from an attacking viewpoint and Colin being taken off his feet. As you say though was a few years ago and this may well have been the one. Spoke to Colin a few years after and he was convinced it was a pen. Even more so than nowadays you just didnt tend to get those decisions and 5 mins to go in a cup final a Rangers player could have pulled a gun in the box and the ref would have played on. :greengrin

Even if he had pulled a gun, he would have been acting righteously in self defence at being "goaded" by a Hibs player trying to score a goal. Totally justified.....