PDA

View Full Version : new away kit

lochhibs
02-07-2016, 08:02 PM
got the wee man the new away strip today. he had it on for a wee while,got it a bit dirty so i washed it. brought it out the washing machine to hang up and it has loads of flaws in it. has anyone else had the same problem? i remember vaguely people having problems with last seasons strip and wondered if it was a recurring theme with nike strips.

Albanian Hibs
02-07-2016, 10:08 PM
What kind of flaws?

lochhibs
02-07-2016, 10:12 PM
bally like threads have been pulled. front and back,about 15 in total.

BoomtownHibees
03-07-2016, 12:46 AM
bally like threads have been pulled. front and back,about 15 in total.

Should have washed it properly

Albanian Hibs
03-07-2016, 07:17 AM
Take it back

lochhibs
03-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Should have washed it properly
care to tell me how to wash a strip properly?

BoomtownHibees
03-07-2016, 02:38 PM

It will tell you on the label

Sudds_1
03-07-2016, 02:38 PM

give it to the wife..........I always get into trouble doing stuff like washing! :greengrin:rolleyes::wink:

Twiglet
03-07-2016, 02:41 PM

How did you wash it? Temp, inside out, what else was in the machine?

St Pauli Hibee
03-07-2016, 02:45 PM
Never put fitbaw tops in the washing machine, handwash them to risky in the machine, sorry to hear about the top I would take it back and hope to get some sort of refund or replacement top

OsloHibs
03-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Put it inside a pillowcase and put on the silk wash. And no conditioner either!!!
Who knew I was such a girl :)

lochhibs
03-07-2016, 02:56 PM
it was washed on its own,inside out,at the recommended temperature. im just looking to see if anyone else has the same problem because some had trouble with last seasons strip.

Darren1875
03-07-2016, 03:02 PM
it was washed on its own,inside out,at the recommended temperature. im just looking to see if anyone else has the same problem because some had trouble with last seasons strip.

Same problem with my sons top, washed as per instructions.

Twiglet
03-07-2016, 03:02 PM

I'd take it back, nothing else you could have done to ensure it wouldn't get ruined. On its own and inside out means nothing could catch on it and on the first wash it should be fine. Maybe just an unlucky one.

Got mine yesterday, hopefully it'll be ok when I get round to washing it.

RoYO!
03-07-2016, 03:47 PM
A football strip should be totally fine at 30 in a washing machine. No reason why not. Lot of helpful responses tho eh?!

Hibernia&Alba
03-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Take it back for an exchange. It shouldn't be in that condition after one wash.

McD
03-07-2016, 04:00 PM
The shop may ask what the condition of the top was before the wash, what your son was doing, etc, as football tops are made of a delicate material, and are prone to catching/bobbling etc. If he was outside playing (and you tell them that) they may refuse to swap it.

def take it back though, or at least phone them and complain, and ask what they'll do for you.

lochhibs
03-07-2016, 04:17 PM
The shop may ask what the condition of the top was before the wash, what your son was doing, etc, as football tops are made of a delicate material, and are prone to catching/bobbling etc. If he was outside playing (and you tell them that) they may refuse to swap it.

def take it back though, or at least phone them and complain, and ask what they'll do for you.

i expect the questions from them but he wasnt out playing in it. the flaws arent consistent with it being pulled or grabbed. about 10 on the front and 5 on the back. i'll take it back tomorrow and see what they say. thanks for the positive responses guys but for the not so positive ones, why you waste your time responding is pointless.

Hezbelle
04-07-2016, 07:42 AM
A football strip should withstand playing and washing! It's not a bloody ball gown!

Jdawg
04-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Not fit for purpose / faulty under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, CAB website has an easy to understand breakdown on how you can return goods under the act.

It's on them to prove its faulty within first 6 months, on the consumer after 6 months (I think)

lochhibs
04-07-2016, 11:13 AM
took the strip back and was basically told there is nothing they can do. ive to keep an eye on the website to see if they make a statement about returns. the guy i spoke to was less than helpful (im being very generous in saying that) and wasnt interested. i went round and spoke to someone from the club who is going to look into it but i dont hold much hope i will get it changed. to say the customer service from the shop is poor is an understatement.

nellio
04-07-2016, 11:46 AM
took the strip back and was basically told there is nothing they can do. ive to keep an eye on the website to see if they make a statement about returns. the guy i spoke to was less than helpful (im being very generous in saying that) and wasnt interested. i went round and spoke to someone from the club who is going to look into it but i dont hold much hope i will get it changed. to say the customer service from the shop is poor is an understatement.

That's shocking. You're well within your rights to get a new on off them. I wouldn't have left until I had a new one or a full refund.

SteveHFC
04-07-2016, 11:52 AM

Sure I was behind you in the queue mate. Got given the wrong size of top instead of the one I picked up. Only just realised when on the bus coming home.

lochhibs
04-07-2016, 11:53 AM
the guy i spoke to wasnt having it. as i said,less than helpful. the guy i spoke to from the club seemed genuinely embarrassed and will look into it but he also said the clubstore is out sourced and he will be limited to what he can do.

andrew70
04-07-2016, 11:55 AM

Go back and speak to one of the girls, they are more than helpful and this guy seems to always be a wee Hitler.

lochhibs
04-07-2016, 12:18 PM
i started off speaking to 1 of the girls and he butted in and took over. he's not the manager but a typical no it all. some of the stuff he was coming out with was unbelievable.

andrew70
04-07-2016, 12:27 PM
i started off speaking to 1 of the girls and he butted in and took over. he's not the manager but a typical no it all. some of the stuff he was coming out with was unbelievable.

Ah right. Aye one of my friends had a similar experience with him. Hope you get it sorted.

Time For Heroes
04-07-2016, 12:35 PM
That's shocking. You're well within your rights to get a new on off them. I wouldn't have left until I had a new one or a full refund.

This.
If you have washed the top correctly i.e to the label instruction they have no right whatsoever to send you away without a refund or replacement.

Bristolhibby
04-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Remember the Whyte and McKay strips when the blue shield wrinkled and washed off after a couple of washes?

I took mine back and they swapped it for one from the second batch (which was more resilient).

Quote the Sale of Goods Act and don't leave until they have sorted it out.

Shocking behaviour from the shop.

J

Jdawg
04-07-2016, 03:23 PM

See my post above on how to return. Return policies are irrelevant when an item is faulty or not fit for purpose.

S.14 of the sale of goods act 1979.

lochhibs
04-07-2016, 03:28 PM
just had a phone call and been back up to the shop for a replacement. thank you for all the responses. the guy couldnt have been more helpful,this time, and i'll see you again soon ;)

lochhibs
04-07-2016, 03:31 PM
See my post above on how to return. Return policies are irrelevant when an item is faulty or not fit for purpose.

S.14 of the sale of goods act 1979.
the sale of goods act has changed. it's now the consumer goods act 2015. thanks for the help though.

Jdawg
04-07-2016, 03:38 PM
the sale of goods act has changed. it's now the consumer goods act 2015. thanks for the help though.

So it has, had a quick check and the new act has the same/extremely similar provisons, especially as faulty.

Good luck, I would do an email of complaint as well.

macca70
04-07-2016, 03:45 PM
I find this is quite common with my Nike tops I use for the gym, they seem to be prone to little pulls that can't be fixed.

Sounds like these tops are similar material/quality.

Seems like the guy from the shop has also seen this thread or club have made him aware due to his change in attitude/helpfulness when he called.

Jdawg
04-07-2016, 03:52 PM
I find this is quite common with my Nike tops I use for the gym, they seem to be prone to little pulls that can't be fixed.

Sounds like these tops are similar material/quality.

Seems like the guy from the shop has also seen this thread or club have made him aware due to his change in attitude/helpfulness when he called.

Good, everyone who shops there is a customer, maybe he forgets that. Maybe is suddenly dawned on him that returns aren't taken from his salary or that hibs don't lose money because of this.

More importantly if news spreads that the tops are rubbish and nobody will get a refund then people won't buy it!

cabbageandribs1875
04-07-2016, 03:55 PM
i really do wish most of the tops were not made of polyester...that material gives me lots of static :shocked: also, if you're looking at the stock levels online it doesn't mean they are in stock in the shop :rolleyes: had plenty in stock online and only a couple of small and XXL tops on the racks, they did have lots of the yellow away top, looked at it about five times before finally deciding naaah :) lots of kids stuff as well

p.s. they did have one M left of this one that i was gonna get

http://hibernian.clubstore.co.uk/content/images/thumbs/0018819_elite-training-jsy_550.jpeg

decided against taking the chance that all the foundation/make-up(so the lassie said) all around the collar wouldn't come off in the wash :greengrin

lochhibs
04-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Seems like the guy from the shop has also seen this thread or club have made him aware due to his change in attitude/helpfulness when he called.[/QUOTE]
correct on both parts.

cabbageandribs1875
04-07-2016, 04:06 PM
correct on both parts.[/QUOTE]

was it the guy with the glasses and new away top on ?

lochhibs
04-07-2016, 04:15 PM
correct on both parts.

was it the guy with the glasses and new away top on ?[/QUOTE]

yes

Time For Heroes
04-07-2016, 05:33 PM
correct on both parts.[/QUOTE]

glad you got it sorted, shame it took two trips

Austinho
04-07-2016, 07:27 PM
When does the home shirt go on sale?

nellio
05-07-2016, 01:10 PM
just had a phone call and been back up to the shop for a replacement. thank you for all the responses. the guy couldnt have been more helpful,this time, and i'll see you again soon ;)

Nice one. Pleased you got it sorted. Sounds like he's had a rocket up his backside and was told to get it sorted!

Salt N Sauzee
05-07-2016, 02:49 PM
He sounds like a total jobs-worth!!

erin go bragh
05-07-2016, 05:57 PM

That's good to hear LH . I returned the wee fellas top last season for the very same reason .
I found that selecting the steam refresh option on the washing machine works a treat .

Geo_1875
06-07-2016, 12:21 PM
That's good to hear LH . I returned the wee fellas top last season for the very same reason .
I found that selecting the steam refresh option on the washing machine works a treat .

WTF is that?

Is that somewhere between hot and very hot?

Jonnyboy
06-07-2016, 06:40 PM
As an aside to the discussion on faults, I saw the strip in the shop the other day and really like it. I'd seen the pics and reserved judgement until I could see the real thing.

As a further aside, the new home top is superb :greengrin

Bristolhibby
06-07-2016, 08:26 PM
As an aside to the discussion on faults, I saw the strip in the shop the other day and really like it. I'd seen the pics and reserved judgement until I could see the real thing.

As a further aside, the new home top is superb :greengrin

Any idea when the home one is out?

J

Jonnyboy
06-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Any idea when the home one is out?

J

No, sorry

Ayrshire Hibee
09-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Picked up top from post office collection today and my top was not in Nike plastic packaging (like i get normally) just loose & looks like a black ink mark on the front of it. tried phoning shop but no answer. pay £45 for top & £5 delivery and they canny even be arsed checking that the goods are as new :-(

Albanian Hibs
03-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Son has worn his away top once and has been washed as instructed once. Took it off the clothes horse earlier and noticed at least 30 catches on the right side and back. He has only worn this in house. Guess I will try to take this back and swap it for a new one.

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2016, 06:34 PM
football clubs don't half take fans for mugs, cheap thin horrible material and yet the prices still rise

Albanian Hibs
03-08-2016, 06:45 PM
It's a joke. £36 and it rips like paper. Will be taking it back tomorrow

snooky
03-08-2016, 07:14 PM

I had a problem several years ago re. returned merchandise. I'd bought Hibs gear in the shop on a regular basis up till then however, I haven't bought anything else there since.

Lose/lose - but I have my pride :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
04-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Took it back today. Guy asked a few questions about how I washed it etc. Said he had no more kids strips in stock so could I phone next week to see if in stock yet and I will get a replacement. I said I would come in before Dunfermline match. Fair enough, semi happy with that but I have never known a shop to run out of stock so much.

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-08-2016, 04:11 PM
I bought this season's Hibs away top but my last Hibs top lasted about a year!

Compare that to a couple of Real Madrid 'last seasons' strips I bought from sports direct for £10 each for 5's about 8 years ago and they're still as good as new.

H18 SFR
04-08-2016, 05:03 PM
I think me and the boy will give strips a miss this year. I can't face buying cheap **** which looks crap after a few washes.

Smartie
04-08-2016, 05:15 PM
Took it back today. Guy asked a few questions about how I washed it etc. Said he had no more kids strips in stock so could I phone next week to see if in stock yet and I will get a replacement. I said I would come in before Dunfermline match. Fair enough, semi happy with that but I have never known a shop to run out of stock so much.

I think Hibs must have been badly burned by ordering to much stock at some point.

There is a supply/demand sweet spot with everything but I often wonder how much revenue Hibs are doing themselves out of with the ultra-cautious approach?

The aftermath of the cup final should have been an entrepreneurs dream. I'd have been flogging every little piece of crap imaginable with a cup winners badge on it.

Ok, we'll be conservative and we won't make a loss but I'd like to see Hibs try a bit harder.

And that's even before we get onto the strips.

If I didn't know otherwise I'd seriously wonder if Hibs wanted to make money.