PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thomson: A Cheat and a Biased Referee

Dashing Bob S
02-07-2016, 12:24 AM
I'm happy as a fly in in *****, and not the least bit bitter, so I sing rather than snarl this tweet.

That Hibs won the cup doesn't take away from what an incompetent bigoted clown Craig Thomson is as a referee.

Not labouring the point, or talking from a position of hurt or bitterness, just offering some perspective. He is a disgrace and should never referee again.

hhibs
02-07-2016, 12:36 AM
I'm happy as a fly in in *****, and not the least bit bitter, so I sing rather than snarl this tweet.

That Hibs won the cup doesn't take away from what an incompetent bigoted clown Craig Thomson is as a referee.

Not labouring the point, or talking from a position of hurt or bitterness, just offering some perspective. He is a disgrace and should never referee again.

He us indeed

ehf
02-07-2016, 12:52 AM
He us indeed

There is is certainly a credible argument to be made that his competence, and quite possibly his integrity, is open to question.

His performance in the 2012 Scottish Cup Final rendered the outcome nugatory; never has a playing field been so unlevel, the result was tainted, meaningless and wholly ersatz.

Skyegreen
02-07-2016, 01:17 AM
If I ever have the misfortune to bump into this unsavoury character, he'll get a right earful I can tell you 😁

connerg
02-07-2016, 01:36 AM
He is just a cog in the system which is the horrible backward SFA, well done Wales BTW.

Aldo
02-07-2016, 06:30 AM
I'm happy as a fly in in *****, and not the least bit bitter, so I sing rather than snarl this tweet. That Hibs won the cup doesn't take away from what an incompetent bigoted clown Craig Thomson is as a referee. Not labouring the point, or talking from a position of hurt or bitterness, just offering some perspective. He is a disgrace and should never referee again.

Couldn't agree more. That specific day wasn't just about the defeat for me it was more about his inability to do his job..... And the basics at that!

His failure to send off Black and that awful penalty decision showed exactly what he was all about IMHO!

hibsbollah
02-07-2016, 06:36 AM
Couldn't agree more. That specific day wasn't just about the defeat for me it was more about his inability to do his job..... And the basics at that!

His failure to send off Black and that awful penalty decision showed exactly what he was all about IMHO!

Blacks elbow was a clear red. In the context of the game being the Cup Final and it being early on, I thought he might bottle it and give a yellow. I never ever imagined he would give nothing at all. As that game went on i became convinced that Black KNEW he would get away with it before he chose to do it.

Who cares, long time ago now, much better things have happened since :greengrin

Tom Hart RIP
02-07-2016, 06:39 AM
His decision not to send McCracken off at Falkirk is inexplicable. Cost us the game and possibly promotion

Aldo
02-07-2016, 06:47 AM
Blacks elbow was a clear red. In the context of the game being the Cup Final and it being early on, I thought he might bottle it and give a yellow. I never ever imagined he would give nothing at all. As that game went on i became convinced that Black KNEW he would get away with it before he chose to do it. Who cares, long time ago now, much better things have happened since :greengrin

I'm sure someone on here (who I know) made mention that the Lino had said 'off,off, off) through his mike but chose to ignore it.

That is shocking and blatant cheating IMHO!

Bob1875
02-07-2016, 07:00 AM
Give it a rest man, embarrassing.

Aldo
02-07-2016, 07:16 AM

Why is it embarrassing it's FACT!

bigwheel
02-07-2016, 07:36 AM
Going against the grain, but this reads like bitterness here. Thomson is a bad ref, and he certainly has had some very poor performances. Perhaps none as bad as the Cup Final performance. But I don't support this "cheating" claim...he was "sh&@" not cheating...

and why worry about it anyway, stuff like that made this year all the sweeter......

HappyHanlon
02-07-2016, 07:44 AM
Yawn. Get over what happened 4 years ago.

This paranoia is making some of you look like Celtic fans

theonlywayisup
02-07-2016, 08:01 AM
I would say incompetent rather than biased and a cheat.

Golden Bear
02-07-2016, 08:08 AM

I suspect you've had too many apres dinner ports Bob.

Super_JMcGinn
02-07-2016, 08:11 AM

Couldn't agree more :aok:. I thought he had a blinder in our draw at Tynie which enabled us to go on to a famous victory :greengrin

Aldo
02-07-2016, 08:11 AM
Yawn. Get over what happened 4 years ago. This paranoia is making some of you look like Celtic fans

I thought we were plastic Smellic fans HH.... Well that's what my Hun chums say anyway!!

*insert stir stir

greenginger
02-07-2016, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=hibsbollah;4748450]Blacks elbow was a clear red. In the context of the game being the Cup Final and it being early on, I thought he might bottle it and give a yellow. I never ever imagined he would give nothing at all. As that game went on i became convinced that Black KNEW he would get away with it before he chose to do it.

Who cares, long time ago now, much better things have happened since :greengrin[/QUO

When considering the Refs performance at the cup final you have got to take into account the Vlad/Lith factor.

Would Romanov offer a bung to ensure a Heart's victory - Absolute certainty.

Would a scottish refereee take a bung - I really have my doubts about that, but the performance by Thomson that day will always give me suspicions .

Pity all UBIG's records disappeared along with Vlad. There might have been an unexplained expense around May 2012.

Time For Heroes
02-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Why is it embarrassing it's FACT!

END OF. :greengrin

brog
02-07-2016, 10:05 AM
Couldn't agree more :aok:. I thought he had a blinder in our draw at Tynie which enabled us to go on to a famous victory :greengrin

While I will never forgive or forget CT's performance in that game I agree your thoughts above. I actually thought it was the best refereeing experience we had last season until Stevie McLean in the Cup Final, which we won by the way!! Mind you CT's performance at Pittodrie a few years back takes some beating. Gives a pen against us, wrongly of course & loses us the game. Sends Pawlett off ( wrongly ) for a challenge. Pawlett appeals & ban is rescinded but he gets 2 game ban for diving for the non existent pen!! Classic CT!

Green Fish
02-07-2016, 10:15 AM
I've posted before on previous threads about CT, info from a colleague of his which indicated, to me anyway, that he did cheat in that final.

It hurt us but imo we need to move on. The man is a joke, we know it and from what I hear most of his colleagues know it.

He's now totally irrelevant. SC winners, GGTTH

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

hibees59
02-07-2016, 10:45 AM
Going against the grain, but this reads like bitterness here. Thomson is a bad ref, and he certainly has had some very poor performances. Perhaps none as bad as the Cup Final performance. But I don't support this "cheating" claim...he was "sh&@" not cheating...

and why worry about it anyway, stuff like that made this year all the sweeter......

I agree with this

PatHead
02-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Don't like him. He is a jobby.

H18S NX
02-07-2016, 12:27 PM
If I ever have the misfortune to bump into this unsavoury character, he'll get a right earful I can tell you  My mate did at Tannadice,and to be fair,he has been a lot better,although i still cannot stand the tw*t.

Spike Mandela
02-07-2016, 01:35 PM
I find it unbelievable that after all that has happened iin the last 4-5 years in Scottish and world football that people still find it inconceivable that a person operating within the SFA could possibly be corrupt or bias.

The jury is well and truly out for me.:cb

Michael
02-07-2016, 01:39 PM
There a many worse referees in Scottish football. I don't think he's been too bad for us since the final.

silverhibee
02-07-2016, 02:15 PM
http://whiteresister.com/images/truescottish.jpg = http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02225/pat_2225074b.jpg

Dirty f***ing yam.

mjhibby
02-07-2016, 06:01 PM
There a many worse referees in Scottish football. I don't think he's been too bad for us since the final.

Indeed he has. Haven't had to worry about him being the ref for a good while. Then again the damage was done. The ref in our glorious win(forgotten his name) showed how to handle such a big game. Let's just concentrate on getting promotion and not worry about refs. 21st of may made Thomson's previous errors irrelevant. We can't change what's happened in the past . We can decide our future and Thomson is irrelevant to it.

Keith_M
02-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Why did you want to discuss him just now?

:dunno:

Canon Hannan
02-07-2016, 06:14 PM
I would say incompetent rather than biased and a cheat.

I watched the replay of the penalty again recently and there is no way that was incompetent. He was 10 yards away and could see the pull was about 2 metres outside the box. This should never be forgotten. He is a cheat. Simple. Just like Brother Hugh Dallas and his anti Catholic sectarianism after years of officiating games. We need to rid our game of this. All refs should state who they support.

HibbySpurs
02-07-2016, 06:39 PM
No another thread on Craig Thompson please!

What's done is done, aye he's *****, aye he's biased but move on from it...

As someone said above it makes us sound like Celtic fans or indeed Sevco that "everyone hates us, we do care"...

theonlywayisup
02-07-2016, 06:40 PM
Why did you want to discuss him just now?

:dunno:

Because I'm convinced that DBS is actually an undercover Hertz fan and wants us to think about that horrible day four years ago.

:stirrer:

basehibby
02-07-2016, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=hibsbollah;4748450]Blacks elbow was a clear red. In the context of the game being the Cup Final and it being early on, I thought he might bottle it and give a yellow. I never ever imagined he would give nothing at all. As that game went on i became convinced that Black KNEW he would get away with it before he chose to do it.

Who cares, long time ago now, much better things have happened since :greengrin[/QUO

When considering the Refs performance at the cup final you have got to take into account the Vlad/Lith factor.

Would Romanov offer a bung to ensure a Heart's victory - Absolute certainty.

Would a scottish refereee take a bung - I really have my doubts about that, but the performance by Thomson that day will always give me suspicions .

Pity all UBIG's records disappeared along with Vlad. There might have been an unexplained expense around May 2012.

It always puzzles me when people trot this out - what makes you think that Scottish refs have a monopoly on integrity?!? What makes a Scottish ref less corruptible than say an Italian or French ref?!? I think the answer is NOTHING, and we are behaving like naive mugs if we keep kidding ourselves on that Scottish refs are incorruptible.

Skyegreen
02-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Bitter?

You better believe I'm bitter against a that cheating ****! A stone wall red card against black and a penalty that never was........Yes I'm not afraid to say it, bitter as ****! 😁

We were wronged!!!!

Skol
02-07-2016, 09:09 PM
The reason that the 5-1 19/05/12 does not bother me is due to the fact that it was NOT a valid final score. Sure, the jambos would have in all probability won that day, but it would have been much tighter than 5-1 if refereed appropriately.

Capt Mainwaring
02-07-2016, 09:16 PM
I watched the replay of the penalty again recently and there is no way that was incompetent. He was 10 yards away and could see the pull was about 2 metres outside the box. This should never be forgotten. He is a cheat. Simple. Just like Brother Hugh Dallas and his anti Catholic sectarianism after years of officiating games. We need to rid our game of this. All refs should state who they support.

Your entitled to your opinion of course, but your anti Catholic reference here is utter bollocks - in my opinion!

Thompson is an incompetent arrogant ref as was Dallas but neither biased bigoted or sectarian. If that's your view then I think it's you that has the issue

Baader
02-07-2016, 10:13 PM
The reason that the 5-1 19/05/12 does not bother me is due to the fact that it was NOT a valid final score. Sure, the jambos would have in all probability won that day, but it would have been much tighter than 5-1 if refereed appropriately.

We can't say they'd probably have still won though. People forget it was 2-1 at half time. We scored just before the break in a half we weren't in. 3 minutes into the second half they get a penalty that never was and we go down to ten. Game over thanks to a cheating referee.

bigwheel
02-07-2016, 10:15 PM
We can't say they'd probably have still won though. People forget it was 2-1 at half time. We scored just before the break in a half we weren't in. 3 minutes into the second half they get a penalty that never was and we go down to ten. Game over thanks to a cheating referee.

Kujabi had already been booked. Would have been sent off anyway...and we were murder - so pretty likely we would have been turned over ...

Anyway. As I said on earlier post - just made this year all the sweeter....

Baader
02-07-2016, 10:28 PM
Kujabi had already been booked. Would have been sent off anyway...and we were murder - so pretty likely we would have been turned over ...

Anyway. As I said on earlier post - just made this year all the sweeter....

Might've been off but we wouldn't have been 3-1 down. Seen us beat them with ten more than once. Hypothetical but the chance would've been nice..

Definitely agree it made our win all the sweeter!

monktonharp
02-07-2016, 10:40 PM
No another thread on Craig Thompson please!

What's done is done, aye he's *****, aye he's biased but move on from it...

As someone said above it makes us sound like Celtic fans or indeed Sevco that "everyone hates us, we do care"...you could say: lest we forget. he cheated big style, in 2014. of that there cant be any doubt? shirley? the Black situation, coupled to the penalty farce, after we had somehow dragged ourselves back into the game , and then minutes after the restart he gave the penalty. very very dodgy decision, of which there was really no doubt. he also sent our man off, for a double kick in the baws. lest we forget.

BoomtownHibees
03-07-2016, 12:45 AM
Cheating ****

connerg
03-07-2016, 01:37 AM
Your entitled to your opinion of course, but your anti Catholic reference here is utter bollocks - in my opinion!

Thompson is an incompetent arrogant ref as was Dallas but neither biased bigoted or sectarian. If that's your view then I think it's you that has the issue

Seem to remember Hugh Dallas, while working for the SFA, sending an anti-catholic e-mail about the pope. He resigned after that.

Dashing Bob S
03-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Because I'm convinced that DBS is actually an undercover Hertz fan and wants us to think about that horrible day four years ago.

:stirrer:

Typical Hobo paranoia.

The Green Goblin
03-07-2016, 11:04 AM
After May 21 of this year, the 2012 cup final no longer even registers in my mind as an event.

HibbySpurs
03-07-2016, 11:25 AM
you could say: lest we forget. he cheated big style, in 2014. of that there cant be any doubt? shirley? the Black situation, coupled to the penalty farce, after we had somehow dragged ourselves back into the game , and then minutes after the restart he gave the penalty. very very dodgy decision, of which there was really no doubt. he also sent our man off, for a double kick in the baws. lest we forget.

Aye, I take the point entirely.

That wrong has been at least partially righted with us now having won the cup.

I'm just saying that the club has moved on, it's exciting times, cup in the bag, European football back, a top manager in place and a massive league campaign coming up.

Lest we forget indeed but let's look to the future is what I believe now.... Everything for the upcoming season revolves around winning the Championship and our club getting back to where it belongs.

Stuff Craig Thompson and the rest of the establishment haters of Hibs, we poked them all in the eye on May 21 so let's just get on with poking them again and again and again👍

GGTTH

Smartie
03-07-2016, 11:32 AM
We had some truly bowfin refereeing performances last season but I thought that Craig Thomson's at Tynecastle was possibly one of the best.

:tin hat:

basehibby
03-07-2016, 11:47 AM
Seem to remember Hugh Dallas, while working for the SFA, sending an anti-catholic e-mail about the pope. He resigned after that.

:agree: Yes I remember that. You could choose to write it off as a joke but after watching some of Dallas' perplexing decisions against Hibs you have to wonder if his casual jokey sectarianism was indicative of a deeper aversion to any team wearing green.

Canon Hannan
03-07-2016, 04:25 PM

Dallas was anti Celtic for years and was caught sending a sectarian email??!!! Yes I have a problem with that as it shows deep lying SFA problems. Thompson is Hearts and has cost us big time in 2012. Yes I have a problem with that too! As for Dougie McDonald- what a great guy he is and good Hibby! Kept the Jambos right for years 😂😂😂😛😛😜

MWHIBBIES
03-07-2016, 04:37 PM
We can't say they'd probably have still won though. People forget it was 2-1 at half time. We scored just before the break in a half we weren't in. 3 minutes into the second half they get a penalty that never was and we go down to ten. Game over thanks to a cheating referee.We were absolutely terrible in the first half, they would have won regardless.

Aldo
03-07-2016, 04:40 PM
We were absolutely terrible in the first half, they would have won regardless.

Regardless his inept and utterly shocking performance should not have went unpunished.

He failed big time to do his job without biased IMHO. The black elbow was s straight red every day of the week. Even his Lino told him.

Super_JMcGinn
03-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Dallas was anti Celtic for years and was caught sending a sectarian email??!!! Yes I have a problem with that as it shows deep lying SFA problems. Thompson is Hearts and has cost us big time in 2012. Yes I have a problem with that too! As for Dougie McDonald- what a great guy he is and good Hibby! Kept the Jambos right for years 

I think the vast majority of football minded people in Scotland are anti Celtic as you call it, I also think the vast majority are anti Rangers. There is no doubt in my mind there is deep rooted problems at the SFA but they are not all one way I can assure you.

Dallas sent an ill advised email, I'm sure we have all done something similar in our lives and not been politically correct on some subject or another, It doesn't make you a bad person.
It just means you have to be more careful in this day and age where everything you say or do is jumped upon by the so called victims of this world.

I'm sure you have been to a function in your time where a comedian was ripping the piss out of protestants or some other ethnic group and found it funny :wink: that doesn't make you a bad person either.

Keith_M
03-07-2016, 04:55 PM
I'm sure you have been to a function in your time where a comedian was ripping the piss out of protestants or some other ethnic group and found it funny :wink: that doesn't make you a bad person either.

I don't think I've ever heard of a comedian do that... ever.

MWHIBBIES
03-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Regardless his inept and utterly shocking performance should not have went unpunished.

He failed big time to do his job without biased IMHO. The black elbow was s straight red every day of the week. Even his Lino told him.The Black elbow would have changed the game for sure. Difficult for me to comment because I've never watched any highlights and never will but it looked bad at the time.

Regardless, we were shocking and got the hammering we deserved.

Super_JMcGinn
03-07-2016, 05:02 PM
I don't think I've ever heard of a comedian do that... ever.

Nor have I, but then again I don't go to such clubs or functions as would do that sort of thing.

Aldo
03-07-2016, 05:39 PM
The Black elbow would have changed the game for sure. Difficult for me to comment because I've never watched any highlights and never will but it looked bad at the time. Regardless, we were shocking and got the hammering we deserved.

Impossible to decide how the outcome would have been but he still should have done his job.

Hypothetical I know but if that challenge had been the other way around I can guarantee the Hibs player would have seen red!

Baader
04-07-2016, 07:01 PM
We were absolutely terrible in the first half, they would have won regardless.

Point is that as terrible as we were in first half they were only a goal to the good

Kato
05-07-2016, 08:03 AM
I think the vast majority of football minded people in Scotland are anti Celtic as you call it, I also think the vast majority are anti Rangers. There is no doubt in my mind there is deep rooted problems at the SFA but they are not all one way I can assure you.

Dallas sent an ill advised email, I'm sure we have all done something similar in our lives and not been politically correct on some subject or another, It doesn't make you a bad person.
It just means you have to be more careful in this day and age where everything you say or do is jumped upon by the so called victims of this world.

Yes. Lets just wash over all that nasty bigotry by playing it down and calling everyone bigots.

Worst post on here in months.

Finn2015
05-07-2016, 08:37 AM

Great no problem here then.

SJM
05-07-2016, 08:39 AM
He was a cheating **** against us long before that final!