Billy Whizz
01-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Hibs youth away to Hamilton

From Twitter

https://twitter.com/acciesfc/status/748904312126996480

Released at the end of last season, glad he's been signed up by a club

tine0802
25-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Great to see this young lad making his debut at Hamilton vs St Mirren in the league cup. Been getting positive praise from all quarters of the press too!

That coupled with Callum Crane getting MOTM yesterday surely shows our academy is definately working. Pleasing to see!

J-C
25-07-2016, 06:31 PM
Great to see this young lad making his debut at Hamilton vs St Mirren in the league cup. Been getting positive praise from all quarters of the press too!

That coupled with Callum Crane getting MOTM yesterday surely shows our academy is definately working. Pleasing to see!

If it was working that well, why was he released?

tine0802
25-07-2016, 06:50 PM

Maybe deemed surplus to requirements?? Another year in championship looming, a wage on a centre half they felt they didnt need?

Who knows...just think its pleasing to see we are producing lads who are getting first team experience, no matter where. Especially as Hamilton are not competition for Hibs this year 😊

Smartie
25-07-2016, 06:54 PM

We're pretty well-stocked at centre-half. There are some really good players who he'd have to dislodge in order to get a shot there. You could easily see the 4 we currently have hanging around for at least a year or 2 so the guy will have wanted to go and prove himself elsewhere.

Decisions to free youngsters like this guy are never easy and each one could well turn out to be the one that bites you on the backside if they go elsewhere and do the business.

There have been times over the past few years when he might have waltzed into the first team. Another manager might have seen fit to give him a chance ahead of Nelson or McGivern if he were around at that time.

Them's the breaks.

tine0802
25-07-2016, 07:15 PM
We're pretty well-stocked at centre-half. There are some really good players who he'd have to dislodge in order to get a shot there. You could easily see the 4 we currently have hanging around for at least a year or 2 so the guy will have wanted to go and prove himself elsewhere.

Decisions to free youngsters like this guy are never easy and each one could well turn out to be the one that bites you on the backside if they go elsewhere and do the business.

There have been times over the past few years when he might have waltzed into the first team. Another manager might have seen fit to give him a chance ahead of Nelson or McGivern if he were around at that time.

Them's the breaks.

Agreed! Often its the position/number ahead of you/managers discretion. Either way, my point was that we are clearly producing decent players these days, hopefully most will choose to stay/be allowed to stay!

bob12345
25-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Thought he was a class act in the u20s and got Berwick's player of the year I believe while on loan. Agree we are overloaded with centre halves but in my opinion he was far too good a player and hot prospect just to release. Could well come back to haunt us.

tine0802
25-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Thought he was a class act in the u20s and got Berwick's player of the year I believe while on loan. Agree we are overloaded with centre halves but in my opinion he was far too good a player and hot prospect just to release. Could well come back to haunt us.

Yeah he seemed to flourish at Berwick, was a bit surprising but maybe asked to be released if not guaranteed game time.

Shouldnt haunt us...should make us proud we can produce decent players. Canni keep them all! He will always be able to credit Hibs with his development!