PDA

View Full Version : More arrests

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Super_JMcGinn
01-07-2016, 01:12 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/more-arrests-over-scottish-cup-final-pitch-invasion-1-4167158

Keith_M
01-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Yeah, Glasgow and Renfrewshire are well known hotbeds of Hibernian Support.

mutley
01-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Read that a little while ago, I see that the player assaults are now just "alleged assaults"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
01-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Yeah, Glasgow and Renfrewshire are well known hotbeds of Hibernian Support.

Yep there are a few of us in Renfrewshire right enough green grin

oneone73
01-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Read that a little while ago, I see that the player assaults are now just "alleged assaults"

They would have to be since there hasn't been a trial.

Dashing Bob S
01-07-2016, 02:10 PM
The whole thing's damn simple: if they're blue, string 'em up. If they're green, pin a bloody medal on they're chest!

Galahibby
01-07-2016, 02:30 PM

Although it's still a 'riot' according to the Daily Record!

Keith_M
01-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Although it's still a 'riot' according to the Daily Record!

Every article in the Herald includes the words/phrases, "riot", "alleged assaults", and "goading the Rangers Supporters". At no point do they ever mention assaults by Rangers fans.

A suspicious person would think the Herald and Record articles were written by the Rangers PR Department.

--------
01-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Every article in the Herald includes the words/phrases, "riot", "alleged assaults", and "goading the Rangers Supporters". At no point do they ever mention assaults by Rangers fans.

A suspicious person would think the Herald and Record articles were written by the Rangers PR Department.

Traynor worked for them both.

Canon Hannan
01-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Those papers are rags. Nobody reads them, if they do it is as a comic. I am glad we invaded the pitch as it added to the occasion. Loved every second of the day.

Super_JMcGinn
01-07-2016, 03:15 PM
Those papers are rags. Nobody reads them, if they do it is as a comic. I am glad we invaded the pitch as it added to the occasion. Loved every second of the day.

From a selfish point of view we all did, but the players and staff would have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more had THEY been allowed on the pitch.

Stubbsy himself said it would have been better for them had the fans stayed in their seats.

It was what it was though, here's hoping we get another chance to enjoy a Scottish cup in the proper manner.

SJM
01-07-2016, 03:56 PM
From a selfish point of view we all did, but the players and staff would have enjoyed it a hell of a lot more had THEY been allowed on the pitch.

Stubbsy himself said it would have been better for them had the fans stayed in their seats.

It was what it was though, here's hoping we get another chance to enjoy a Scottish cup in the proper manner.

When we win the Scottish cup again there will be no pitch invasion and it will not compare at to 21 May.

Keith_M
01-07-2016, 04:18 PM
When we win the Scottish cup again there will be no pitch invasion and it will not compare at to 21 May.

That all depends on when we win it.

If it's another 114 year wait, there might well be a pitch invasion :wink:

Argylehibby
01-07-2016, 04:31 PM

And even if it's next year a number of the players that played on 21st may won't be at the club so will have missed out.

Time For Heroes
01-07-2016, 04:47 PM
And even if it's next year a number of the players that played on 21st may won't be at the club so will have missed out.

Sorry being selfish but it was the fans day as much as the players, 114year wait and a lot of fans got overly excited, i went on the pitch and behaved, id do it again

tamig
01-07-2016, 06:43 PM
Sorry being selfish but it was the fans day as much as the players, 114year wait and a lot of fans got overly excited, i went on the pitch and behaved, id do it again

Sorry if I come across as a party pooper but by going on the pitch you didn't behave. Simple as that. I've been going home and away since 1979 and I was ecstatic. Not for one second did I even consider going on the pitch. It's just not acceptable imo. I can understand why people did it but it's just wrong.

hibsboy69
01-07-2016, 06:44 PM

I'll second that :agree::top marks

Renfrew_Hibby
01-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Yep there are a few of us in Renfrewshire right enough green grin

Can confirm that I haven't been lifted. Must have been another in this staunch Hibby area!

gav71
01-07-2016, 09:52 PM
Don't regret for a minute being on the pitch can't understand why the supposed attacked players weren't brought out to show off there injuries? Something that baffles me to this day maybe the hibs fans we're taunting the Huns support but they came on to fight but all they could do was grab young kids and hit people from behind before being put in there place and I enjoyed every second of the day and really what were you meant to do get squashed or go on the pitch?

gav71
01-07-2016, 09:56 PM
If you think about it all police Scotland are trying to do now is cover up there own failings for not being prepared for a pitch invasion I had said as soon as we were through that if we won there would be a pitch invasion so if all the match commanders hadn't worked that out they shouldn't be in a job poor policing and stewarding was the problem on the day nothing else

Ronniekirk
01-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Can confirm that I haven't been lifted. Must have been another in this staunch Hibby area!

They haven't finished their investigations yet , but don't worry i wont Grass you up green grin

Dashing Bob S
01-07-2016, 10:01 PM

Hear hear!

Pat s 4
01-07-2016, 10:31 PM
How come the cops can kick in a 17 year old laddie fi mussy's door at 7 in the morning, but all the crooked mps and so called cellebs get invited to come to a police station

Time For Heroes
01-07-2016, 11:59 PM
Sorry if I come across as a party pooper but by going on the pitch you didn't behave. Simple as that. I've been going home and away since 1979 and I was ecstatic. Not for one second did I even consider going on the pitch. It's just not acceptable imo. I can understand why people did it but it's just wrong.

I get what you are saying, as for going on the pitch though, i personally shook two stewards hands and a policemans before entering the field, i got caught up in the moment I suppose.
I think people will be very for and against so I dont think we can agree, however I felt most conducted themselves very well.
If you look at Man City winning the league in the 95th minute the media lapped it up, pitch invasion is pure passion etc etc, I think the media has given people a tainted view on what was a very civilised occasion for myself and I hadnt even heard of trouble until I was on the bus home.
Different strokes for different folks I guess

Johnny Clash
02-07-2016, 07:07 AM
Fans taunt the opposition fans at every game I've been to. Usually with he old "You're not singing anymore" ... and other dittys and it's never an excuse for violence - just part of the game.

If there hadn't been the massive over reaction from the suits at Sevco then I doubt there would have been more then a couple of arrests. I've seen worse violence at a wedding. So well done Sevco - people are getting lifted to placate the media hysteria that you set off .

Finn2015
02-07-2016, 07:13 AM
Fans taunt the opposition fans at every game I've been to. Usually with he old "You're not singing anymore" ... and other dittys and it's never an excuse for violence - just part of the game.

If there hadn't been the massive over reaction from the suits at Sevco then I doubt there would have been more then a couple of arrests. I've seen worse violence at a wedding. So well done Sevco - people are getting lifted to placate the media hysteria that you set off .

Like I said all along. The most triumphalist and provocative support not being able to handle it when the shoe is on the other foot.

lyonhibs
02-07-2016, 07:18 AM
Like I said all along. The most triumphalist and provocative support not being able to handle it when the shoe is on the other foot.

It was more the duration and intensity that hurt the poor wee lambs. They were "relentlessly goaded". Didn't you read Jim Traynor's match report??

Bostonhibby
02-07-2016, 07:41 AM
It was more the duration and intensity that hurt the poor wee lambs. They were "relentlessly goaded". Didn't you read Jim Traynor's match report??
Apparently people were even calling them huns, which is a real shame because the name seems to upset them. It's really not good enough.

RoscoHibby
02-07-2016, 07:42 AM
Does anyone actually know what the "score" is in terns of arrests?
Like a lot of folk on here, I didn't know there was any bother until the Sunday. And I did go on the pitch (altho after seeing the footage, must've been one the 1st to actually leave it..)

HappyHanlon
02-07-2016, 07:46 AM

Do you sit in the west stand? You come across quite boring.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Interestingly, Brondby fans in 2012. Almost identical except the opposition fans never came on the pitch to er, ahem, "protect their players"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWyEAXWrAhc

Jack Hackett
02-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Given how quickly they came out with the 'protecting the players' crap, I'm surprised the MSM didn't question how they had arrived at that conclusion.

With the general atrocities, mayhem and confusion going on, did they perhaps despatch one of their officials to the the Rangers end with a questionnaire to survey their brave troops as they left the field of battle?...

... Then again, maybe I'm not

tamig
02-07-2016, 10:45 AM

No I don't. And I'm not. I wanted to see the team parading the cup round Hampden to SOL. That hope disappeared when thousands went on the pitch sadly.

SON OF PADDY
02-07-2016, 11:01 AM

I say old chap
That's just not on, there's nothing boring about the WEST STAND !!!

I personally prefer the more refined banter.
Hibernian Hibernian ra ra ra ......;-)

The Green Goblin
02-07-2016, 11:18 AM

Really? :rolleyes: Lots of passionate Hibees sit in the West Stand every home game. Why would you suggest otherwise?

Finn2015
02-07-2016, 11:21 AM

Hey I used to have a season ticket in the west stand and.... Aye take your point 😜

Malthibby
02-07-2016, 12:27 PM
I say old chap
That's just not on, there's nothing boring about the WEST STAND !!!

I personally prefer the more refined banter.
Hibernian Hibernian ra ra ra ......;-)

Indeed. I. Regularly cry out 'Huzzah the Hibernians' at the kicking off time, before
adopting my usual respectful silence. Those East Stand chaps are vociferous enough
and are decent enough to keep it to their side of the ground.
Glory glory, and all that.

SON OF PADDY
02-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Indeed. I. Regularly cry out 'Huzzah the Hibernians' at the kicking off time, before
adopting my usual respectful silence. Those East Stand chaps are vociferous enough
and are decent enough to keep it to their side of the ground.
Glory glory, and all that.

There's Hibs class!!
Then there's West Stand class " Lower section " of course.😉

silverhibee
02-07-2016, 12:42 PM
What a waste of f***ing money by Scottish Police, 38 arrests, you get more arrests at a old firm game when they play and not forgetting that domestic violence in the West rises after these games, but Scottish Police have got the hump with some Hibs fans running on the pitch to celebrate winning the Scottish Cup.

When will Scottish Police raid the SFA and make arrests for not controlling the event inside the stadium and when will the Compliance Officer speak out about the smoke bombs and sectarian singing during the game and punish the sore and battered losers.

Brooster
02-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Does anyone actually know what the "score" is in terns of arrests?

How would we go about finding out? We could hazzard a guess based on the post codes of those arrested but that approach will not be totally accurate.....for example it may be wrong to assume that guy arrested in Tranent is a Hibby (cough cough).

SON OF PADDY
02-07-2016, 12:53 PM
What a waste of f***ing money by Scottish Police, 38 arrests, you get more arrests at a old firm game when they play and not forgetting that domestic violence in the West rises after these games, but Scottish Police have got the hump with some Hibs fans running on the pitch to celebrate winning the Scottish Cup.

When will Scottish Police raid the SFA and make arrests for not controlling the event inside the stadium and when will the Compliance Officer speak out about the smoke bombs and sectarian singing during the game and punish the sore and battered losers.

Well said Silverhibee 👏👏 Hopefully someone at the club are reading your post.

Edson Arantes
02-07-2016, 01:00 PM
How come the cops can kick in a 17 year old laddie fi mussy's door at 7 in the morning, but all the crooked mps and so called cellebs get invited to come to a police station

Take it that actually happened?

Ronniekirk
02-07-2016, 01:17 PM

They wont address those issues Silver This is a Witch Hunt against pur Club driven by The Rangers and aided and abetted by those in Power at the S F A
I M O They are both for different reasons embarrassed at their own role in allowing events to develop the way they did
Rangers are fuming at not winning and then desperate to deflect away from their own fans behaviour and failings
The SFA didn't anticipate us winning the way we did and somehow Stewards and Police were posted missing

I have no doubt Rangers players got mixed up in the over exuberant celebrations and one or two situations may have got put pf hand with some fans rubbing Rangers players noses in it that we won and them reacting to that
The other incidents of pushing the goalie and trying to throw punches were not needed and in no way do i condone them
But to suggest and claim all Rangers players were assaulted was at best misleading and i do hope the independent inquiry takes a view on this matter

Jack Hackett
02-07-2016, 02:19 PM

To be fair, I don't think that the polis are driving this bus. I thought that, once they got to grips with the situation, they handled the situation calmly. It was inevitable that once the the Rangers and the MSM started mouthing off, they had to be seen to be doing somethin... As you say, they have to deal with far worse on any Saturday night

greenginger
02-07-2016, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=Ronniekirk;4748723]They wont address those issues Silver This is a Witch Hunt against pur Club driven by The Rangers and aided and abetted by those in Power at the S F A
I M O They are both for different reasons embarrassed at their own role in allowing events to develop the way they did
Rangers are fuming at not winning and then desperate to deflect away from their own fans behaviour and failings
The SFA didn't anticipate us winning the way we did and somehow Stewards and Police were posted missing

I have no doubt Rangers players got mixed up in the over exuberant celebrations and one or two situations may have got put pf hand with some fans rubbing Rangers players noses in it that we won and them reacting to that
The other incidents of pushing the goalie and trying to throw punches were not needed and in no way do i condone them
But to suggest and claim all Rangers players were assaulted was at best misleading and i do hope the independent inquiry takes a view on this matter

When does the SFA stitch up, sorry inquiry , get underway ? Are we waiting for the blazers to get back from the Euro's.

What about the compliance officer's report ? suppose it can't come out until the Rangers have had a chance to read and approve it.

Jack Hackett
02-07-2016, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Ronniekirk;4748723]They wont address those issues Silver This is a Witch Hunt against pur Club driven by The Rangers and aided and abetted by those in Power at the S F A

When does the SFA stitch up, sorry inquiry , get underway ? Are we waiting for the blazers to get back from the Euro's.

What about the compliance officer's report ? suppose it can't come out until the Rangers have had a chance to read and approve it.

The commission's findings are due at the end of the month...but I daresay the SFA will sit on it for a while to clean it up.

PatHead
02-07-2016, 03:15 PM

Understand Hibs have just about finished our reports so SFA can't be blamed at this stage. It will take ages.

Ronniekirk
03-07-2016, 07:29 AM
Another article appearing in Daily record with 13 mugshots of fans the police want help to identify to assist with inquiries
But yet again They highlight the hibs fan not getting a jail sentence for assaulting Fotheringham which was in effect a push from someone with no previous and fail to mention the Rangers fans clearly seen kicking fans in the head and wielding corner flags etc
Says forty fans needed medical treatment including one victim with punctured lung which brings home the reality that if more Rangers fans had come onto the Pitch there was the Potential for events to have got further out of hand and more injuries and thats where those fans who headed to the trackside and were goading the Rangers fans could lead to our fine being a big one as i think we are going to be used so that the S F A put down a marker for the future

Spike Mandela
03-07-2016, 07:56 AM
Another article appearing in Daily record with 13 mugshots of fans the police want help to identify to assist with inquiries
But yet again They highlight the hibs fan not getting a jail sentence for assaulting Fotheringham which was in effect a push from someone with no previous and fail to mention the Rangers fans clearly seen kicking fans in the head and wielding corner flags etc
Says forty fans needed medical treatment including one victim with punctured lung which brings home the reality that if more Rangers fans had come onto the Pitch there was the Potential for events to have got further out of hand and more injuries and thats where those fans who headed to the trackside and were goading the Rangers fans could lead to our fine being a big one as i think we are going to be used so that the S F A put down a marker for the future

Petrie knows where the bodies are buried at the SFA. 5 way agreements, resolution 12, Campbell Ogilvie et al. I would expect some meetings in dark, smoke filled rooms regarding sanctions for Hibs AND Rangers.

Hopefully he and a legal team are ready if the corrupt suits at the SFA suddenly discover they have a pair of balls.

greenginger
03-07-2016, 08:33 AM

If the " goading " by Hibs fans is being considered as the flash point for the on pitch violence, surely 90 minutes of sectarian songs , smoke bombs and flares from the Rangers fans must be considered as reason for the behavior of some of our fans in the first place.

Its bull**** I know, their songs didn't force our fans to carry out celebrations at their end any more than the said celebrations compelled the Rangers fans to come on the the pitch and attack the Hibs fans.

But there's going to be a lot of bull**** flying about , we might as well stock up with some of our own.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-07-2016, 08:38 AM
The SFA and the Glasgow Police have shown that they have the resource and ability and dare I say the enthusiasm to round up all the people identified. I have got no real issue with that but for the sake of consistency there has to be a the same effort applied after the first Old Firm game in the coming season.

Since90+2
03-07-2016, 08:49 AM
Daily Record reporting that 40 people needed medical treatment? Where are they plucking this figure from?

I never seen one person get medical treatment yet they are making out the pitch was awash with bodies getting medical assistance.

green day
03-07-2016, 08:51 AM
Ignore the Daily Record.

They print crap as click bait to push revenue.

How many times does it need saying?

Frazerbob
03-07-2016, 08:51 AM
Daily Record reporting that 40 people needed medical treatment? Where are they plucking this figure from?

I never seen one person get medical treatment yet they are making out the pitch was awash with bodies getting medical assistance.

I saw at least 3 Hibs fans kicked unconscious. I recon they needed medical treatment.

Onion
03-07-2016, 08:52 AM

For the future ???

21 May 2016 was a unique event created and stoked up by the media for the media. All the subsequent hand-wringing and outrage by the press, BBC et al is utter hypocrisy. They need to have a look at themselves for the role they played in goading Hibs and Hibs fans every year for 40+ years. The police, SFA, media, Huns are all presenting themselves as outraged innocents who fell victim to a pre-meditated attack by hoards of Hibs rioters who were intent on trouble. They know that is simply a distortion of the truth to sooth their own consciences, embarrassment and disappointment.

DH1875
03-07-2016, 08:54 AM
No what confuses me, when you watch the clips it seems as if the rangers fans who did end up on the pitch all come from behind their goal. Did we no goad any of their fans in the North stand :confused:

hibs0666
03-07-2016, 08:54 AM

There was one guy unconscious on the park. Eleven Rangers players are still getting psychiatric help.

Golden Bear
03-07-2016, 09:16 AM
Images of suspects whom the Police still want to interview are on BBC Scotland's website. I'll not bother copying the link in case I'm infringing someone's rights or whatever.

Super_JMcGinn
03-07-2016, 09:58 AM
They wont address those issues Silver This is a Witch Hunt against pur Club driven by The Rangers and aided and abetted by those in Power at the S F A

It is anything but a witch hunt against our club,some of us are falling into the celtic ( we are victims ) attitude.

Had there been no pitch invasion from OUR fans we wouldn't be having this debate END OFF. The fact that we did we now find ourselves in this position because a few dozen ( over exuberant morons ) confronted and goaded both Rangers players and supporters.

Everyone in football is agreed that players and officials of all teams have the right to be free from verbal or physical threat, anyone invading the pitch to approach any player from an opposing team will receive stiff punishment, and rightly so.

The confrontation between fans is another matter and is dealt with as if it was a fight in the street.

The statement Rangers released after the match was an embarrassment and made them a laughing stock, that will have no bearing on the enquiry whatsoever. Let us just wait for the findings before we start hurling accusations and adopting the celtic attitude.

I also believe the stewarding and policing will bear some of the blame, thankfully no one was seriously hurt with the exception of the bread mans ego :greengrin

Nicho87
03-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Why dont they just ban every hibs fan who actually attended would that not be easier for these sour faced eejits.

.Sean.
03-07-2016, 10:03 AM
This is getting silly now. There's a decent sized picture in the sun of a guy running cheering with his arms outstretched, not necessarily in a goading manner but these ****bag journalists would have you believe he was celebrating drowning kittens or something.

Itsnoteasy
03-07-2016, 10:09 AM
It is anything but a witch hunt against our club,some of us are falling into the celtic ( we are victims ) attitude.

Had there been no pitch invasion from OUR fans we wouldn't be having this debate END OFF. The fact that we did we now find ourselves in this position because a few dozen ( over exuberant morons ) confronted and goaded both Rangers players and supporters.

Everyone in football is agreed that players and officials of all teams have the right to be free from verbal or physical threat, anyone invading the pitch to approach any player from an opposing team will receive stiff punishment, and rightly so.

The confrontation between fans is another matter and is dealt with as if it was a fight in the street.

The statement Rangers released after the match was an embarrassment and made them a laughing stock, that will have no bearing on the enquiry whatsoever. Let us just wait for the findings before we start hurling accusations and adopting the celtic attitude.

I also believe the stewarding and policing will bear some of the blame, thankfully no one was seriously hurt with the exception of the bread mans ego :greengrin

Spot on. As always the minority spoil it for the majority.

Dunedin Hibs
03-07-2016, 10:11 AM
Nothing wrong with going on the park on such a historic occasion. The huns are very prone to it themselves on big days for them.

Going up to the Rangers end before they left, while understandable, was perhaps our downfall. Allowed the muppets to come on for a fight.

Any physical contact with Rangers players, and there was some I have seen with their goalie, is not acceptable. Celebrate, but don't bother the opposition in defeat.

The day was just brilliant from start to finish. A pitch invasion by Hibs just added to the day. It was our torment that was released, not the players. They had their celebration (with us partly) and we had ours.

Regardless, we won.

Onion
03-07-2016, 10:15 AM
The SFA and the Glasgow Police have shown that they have the resource and ability and dare I say the enthusiasm to round up all the people identified. I have got no real issue with that but for the sake of consistency there has to be a the same effort applied after the first Old Firm game in the coming season.

As far as I'm concerned, the police themselves were culpable for not doing their jobs and allowing the offences to take place. Negligent and culpable. The Scottish government should ask how much this recovery exercise has cost in police and court man hours, and cost to us tax payers. I wasn't on the pitch but more furious with the police than the offenders !

Frazerbob
03-07-2016, 10:16 AM

Spot on.

Onion
03-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Why dont they just ban every hibs fan who actually attended would that not be easier for these sour faced eejits.

The police and SFA have been seriously embarrassed by their abject failure to keep fans and players safe. A prolonged and very public mop up is as much a cathartic exercise for them as is it to serve the public.

hibs0666
03-07-2016, 10:34 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the police themselves were culpable for not doing their jobs and allowing the offences to take place. Negligent and culpable. The Scottish government should ask how much this recovery exercise has cost in police and court man hours, and cost to us tax payers. I wasn't on the pitch but more furious with the police than the offenders !

Nah the folk taking liberties on the park were culpable although the polis could have been more effective.

sadtom
03-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Goading!?!?
Those hun monkeys 'goad' humanity with their very existence.
If 'goading' is justification for assault? Then the fans of every club in this land and beyond would have been entitled to have rattled tens of thousands of flapping, bigot, jaws over the past couple of generations.

Finn2015
03-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Goading!?!?
If 'goading' is justification for assault? Then the fans of every club in this land and beyond would have been entitled to have rattled tens of thousands of flapping, bigot, jaws over the past couple of generations.

Find it hilarious that arguably the most triumphalist set of supporters in the country find a bit of goading unacceptable. Away to f***

hfc rd
03-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Did the Sevco fans get any punishment for what they did to Manchester a couple of years ago when they proper trashed the place! Or did they blame the Zenit fans for the chaos caused?

Capt Mainwaring
03-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Find it hilarious that arguably the most triumphalist set of supporters in the country find a bit of goading unacceptable. Away to f***

Exactly- it's "No one likes us, we don't care" one day and playing the victim to deflect the agenda on the other. If it's goading you want to focus on - take a trip to evidence an Orange Walk in full swing! That's were the real issues in this country can be found

Golden Bear
03-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Nah the folk taking liberties on the park were culpable although the polis could have been more effective.

:agree:

In a nutshell.

Two wrongs will never make a right and in this case collectively as Hibs fans we've got to accept responsibility for the post match scenes - over exuberances or otherwise.

Alfred E Newman
03-07-2016, 11:21 AM
No I don't. And I'm not. I wanted to see the team parading the cup round Hampden to SOL. That hope disappeared when thousands went on the pitch sadly.

I do, and I wanted to see the cup paraded round Hampden as well. If it's boring to wish for that after suffering for so long instead of watching police horses on the park and some idiots scrapping with opposing supporters then that's me, a boring auld barsteward.

Golden Bear
03-07-2016, 11:23 AM
I do, and I wanted to see the cup paraded round Hampden as well. If it's boring to wish for that after suffering for so long instead of watching police horses on the park and some idiots scrapping with opposing supporters then that's me, a boring auld barsteward.

:top marks

Onion
03-07-2016, 11:23 AM

Have to agree to disagree on this one. Sometimes folk need protecting from themselves.

CentreLine
03-07-2016, 02:01 PM

I do have a little suspicion that the scale of the police enquiry owes something to the embarrassment of the match commander and his team. I am all for the enquiry tracing and reporting those who assaulted others and who broke goalposts or stole camera equipment from the goals but surely the scale of the thing is more than ott.

Iggy Pope
03-07-2016, 02:44 PM

Ah. An East Stand loyal. Do you sing 15,000 boring *******s at the rest of the stadium? You come across as a balloon.

Finn2015
03-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Ah. An East Stand loyal. Do you sing 15,000 boring *******s at the rest of the stadium? You come across as a balloon.

Yip a new one on me, stand bias😳

Super_JMcGinn
03-07-2016, 04:04 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/police-release-cctv-images-of-cup-final-troublemakers-1-4168121

I don't think the guy with the red beard will be hard to trace :greengrin

Ergye
03-07-2016, 04:34 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/police-release-cctv-images-of-cup-final-troublemakers-1-4168121

I don't think the guy with the red beard will be hard to trace :greengrin

I think this may be the guy at the start of this video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI80xt9LB50

I would suggest Mach 3 for a good close shave there buddy. :greengrin

Super_JMcGinn
03-07-2016, 04:57 PM
I think this may be the guy at the start of this video.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI80xt9LB50

Wow that is definitely him, he better hope he hasn't any enemies, fabulous video btw :aok: Love Boyle's reaction to the I'm a jambo comment. :greengrin

superfurryhibby
03-07-2016, 05:02 PM

McCabe-Grass.

Don't tell everyone.

hibs0666
03-07-2016, 05:10 PM

Why post this? Should be taken down right now.

greenginger
03-07-2016, 05:18 PM
No indication that the cops are trying to trace a guy in a suit aiming a kick at a Hibs supporter who running across the Rangers technical area.

hibs0666
03-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Number 42 is this chap.

http://i1.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8028622.ece/ALTERNATES//s458b/JS90675272.jpg

Mr White
03-07-2016, 05:19 PM

With a beard like that and the amount of times that video has already been linked on here I'd say your best chance of protecting that guy is to lock him up in your garden shed as he's got no chance of escaping the plod regardless of whether that video link stays here or not!

superfurryhibby
03-07-2016, 05:24 PM

HAve you shaved and dyed your hair yet?

I must say, I noted the, ahem, similarities and felt it prudent not to comment. In saying that, if he's been a total **** then he deserves to be nabbed?

Ergye
03-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Number 42 is this chap.

http://i1.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8028622.ece/ALTERNATES//s458b/JS90675272.jpg

Sinbad from Brookside.

Finn2015
03-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Number 42 is this chap.

Obvious boxing training there I see 😂

Ergye
03-07-2016, 05:29 PM
With a beard like that and the amount of times that video has already been linked on here I'd say your best chance of protecting that guy is to lock him up in your garden shed as he's got no chance of escaping the plod regardless of whether that video link stays here or not!

Viewed 25,000 times too.

Old Erik the Red there has got no chance I am afraid.

If he's assaulted someone then he ought to take his punishment like a man and learn from it.

Iggy Pope
03-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Viewed 25,000 times too.

If he's assaulted someone then he ought to take his punishment like a man and learn from it.

How very, erm...righteous.

Eaststandee
03-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Number 42 is this chap.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160703/86e792231e707238f8708f8df55bceb8.jpg

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Lago
03-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Viewed 25,000 times too.

He is toast:agree:

Ergye
03-07-2016, 06:23 PM
How very, erm...righteous.

It wasn't my intention to grass someone up or appear as some holy, upstanding member of the community, tut tutting at some bearded, scallywag, scrapper.

The authorities will know about him regardless, and want to speak with him, and what he probably did will remain stupid, irresponsible and unacceptable whether you care or do not.

Nobody got hurt in any of these alleged incidents and I hope that any punishments meted out to pugnacious Hibs fans are merely a small fine and a short banning order.

cookin_on_gaz
03-07-2016, 06:34 PM
It wasn't my intention to grass someone up or appear as some holy, upstanding member of the community, tut tutting at some bearded, scallywag, scrapper.

The authorities will know about him regardless, and want to speak with him, and what he probably did will remain stupid, irresponsible and unacceptable whether you care or do not.

Nobody got hurt in any of these alleged incidents and I hope that any punishments meted out to pugnacious Hibs fans are merely a small fine and a short banning order.

Bostonhibby
03-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Sinbad from Brookside.

Nah, its Minty from Eastenders.

hibs0666
03-07-2016, 06:59 PM
HAve you shaved and dyed your hair yet?

I must say, I noted the, ahem, similarities and felt it prudent not to comment. In saying that, if he's been a total **** then he deserves to be nabbed?

Thats not our place. Everyone despises a grass unless its a hun :-)

cabbageandribs1875
03-07-2016, 07:07 PM
jeezo

I'm_cabbaged
03-07-2016, 07:25 PM
jeezo

Indeed

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2016, 07:57 PM

In a nutshell.

Two wrongs will never make a right and in this case collectively as Hibs fans we've got to accept responsibility for the post match scenes - over exuberances or otherwise.

I stayed in my seat, why should I have to accept responsibilty for what went on? :confused:

CentreLine
03-07-2016, 08:31 PM
I stayed in my seat, why should I have to accept responsibilty for what went on? :confused:

I wasn't at the game but I accept some responsibility on behalf of my club. The supporters are the club so it makes sense to me.

CropleyWasGod
03-07-2016, 09:07 PM

Do we know that for sure?

superfurryhibby
03-07-2016, 09:10 PM

Agree. Nowt to do with me. Those who felt the need, now need to accept that they contributed to whatever happens next. Pure self indulgence in my book.

Mr White
03-07-2016, 09:11 PM

There was a report earlier that mentioned 20 or so minor injuries and one person suffering a punctured lung. I'm not sure of the accuracy and I can't remember the source though.

monktonharp
03-07-2016, 11:12 PM
I stayed in my seat, why should I have to accept responsibilty for what went on? :confused:get a life. for one moment in your life, please

Ergye
03-07-2016, 11:22 PM

Not for sure, but if there were any injuries the filthy tabloids would be all over it like a dug on a meat couch.

I've watched the videos which are pretty conclusive. Sure, a few people got a few skelps in the face, and some were kicked to the ground, and kicked whilst on the ground, but everyone got to their feet and walked away. Hibs fans that is. Rangers fans don't do walking away. :greengrin

monktonharp
03-07-2016, 11:37 PM
I wasn't at the game but I accept some responsibility on behalf of my club. The supporters are the club so it makes sense to me.so you just went mental in your living room? we all went a wee bit crazy at the game and even us auld yins did some silly stuff, without trying to cause damage or "goad" our opponents. I feel very ashamed, that we goaded them so much, that it encouraged THEM to come on to the pitch instead of f/ing off hame after their team lost. I know, and virtually every Hibernian fan knows, that if we had lost that game we would be on the M74 BEFORE the cup was presented. you have no right to accept responsibility, on behalf of your fellow Hibernian fans. you were not there, and I am not trying to deride you for that but how would you have reacted? we ALL went a bit crazy that day, and when I decided to go onto the pitch I did , it wasnothing more than go to the edge of the turf, kiss the ground then return to my seat. My son said at the time,......stay here ya auld radge but I could not resist the feeling I had.I love my club, and I was overcome with emotion that day and I am proud of our fans that day.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2016, 11:37 PM
get a life. for one moment in your life, please

Oh look one of your famous after midnight posts.

Just use the ignore button.

monktonharp
03-07-2016, 11:50 PM
Oh look one of your famous after midnight posts.

Just use the ignore button.oh dear. After midnight. how shocking. please do expand. does this mean that anyone who posts after midnight, must be on the sauce, just taken a line or just fell out with his wife/partner/or generally in a mood? . If that is the extent of your reply, I am not surprised. you have a tendency to be uber correct.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2016, 11:56 PM
Many thanks.

monktonharp
03-07-2016, 11:57 PM
Many thanks.many thanks to all your viewers?

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2016, 11:59 PM
many thanks to all your viewers?

I've nae idea what you are talking about now, I'm oot!

monktonharp
04-07-2016, 12:16 AM
I've nae idea what you are talking about now, I'm oot!I have an Idea what you are talking aboot. you are actually inferring that anyone that disagrees with your comments after midnight must be either pissed or on the drugs and therefor that is enough reason to imply that that person should not be able to disagree with you. we all have our own slant(s) on things, be it political or be it actual facts which we disagree with. some take a view, that they are correct in everything they say. I hope that my views are pretty much fair ,and I never try to abuse other views ,so if I have done so towards yours I will apologise but your recent remark about "after midnight" is rather underhand I find it rather disgusting, to say the least.

connerg
04-07-2016, 01:31 AM
Goading!?!?

Exactly. A taste of their own medicine and they cannae take it. Dry your eyes Sevco, you lost.

Cabbage East
04-07-2016, 06:17 AM
GPB T-shirt. Can we all take a moment to fully digest what that means please :faf:

hibs0666
05-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Two more have been arrested on the back of last week's rogues gallery. 40 in total now lifted.

Aldo
05-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Two more have been arrested on the back of last week's rogues gallery. 40 in total now lifted.

I really do find that total hard to believe. I say this as the Daily Record and all associated media outlets in the west reported that there was a riot involving hundreds or even thousands of Hibs fans and that ALL Sevco players had been assaulted one way or another!

Mmmmmm just shows you where the truth actually lies??

Geo_1875
05-07-2016, 11:36 AM
I really do find that total hard to believe. I say this as the Daily Record and all associated media outlets in the west reported that there was a riot involving hundreds or even thousands of Hibs fans and that ALL Sevco players had been assaulted one way or another!

As far as I'm aware, of the 40 arrested so far, about 10 are confirmed and reported as Hibs supporters while the remainder are neutrals from the West of Scotland.

Kato
05-07-2016, 11:38 AM

I read that "thousands of Hibs fans invaded the pitch and attacked Rangers (sic) players" several times in different publications.

In the grand scheme of the world it's a minor thing, but it's an illustration of how the press works in this country, i.e. be as snide as possible.

Jack Hackett
05-07-2016, 12:09 PM
I read that "thousands of Hibs fans invaded the pitch and attacked Rangers (sic) players" several times in different publications.

In the grand scheme of the world it's a minor thing, but it's an illustration of how the press works in this country, i.e. be as snide as possible.

"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and the guilty innocent, and that's power, because they control the minds of the masses."...Malcolm X

Aldo
05-07-2016, 12:12 PM
As far as I'm aware, of the 40 arrested so far, about 10 are confirmed and reported as Hibs supporters while the remainder are neutrals from the West of Scotland.

Indeed!

Lago
05-07-2016, 03:29 PM
so you just went mental in your living room? we all went a wee bit crazy at the game and even us auld yins did some silly stuff, without trying to cause damage or "goad" our opponents. I feel very ashamed, that we goaded them so much, that it encouraged THEM to come on to the pitch instead of f/ing off hame after their team lost. I know, and virtually every Hibernian fan knows, that if we had lost that game we would be on the M74 BEFORE the cup was presented. you have no right to accept responsibility, on behalf of your fellow Hibernian fans. you were not there, and I am not trying to deride you for that but how would you have reacted? we ALL went a bit crazy that day, and when I decided to go onto the pitch I did , it wasnothing more than go to the edge of the turf, kiss the ground then return to my seat. My son said at the time,......stay here ya auld radge but I could not resist the feeling I had.I love my club, and I was overcome with emotion that day and I am proud of our fans that day.
You make it sound as if you had a religious experience, it was a football match nothing else. A great day spoiled to a large extent by silly behaviour. All it did was to allow certain groups to paint Hibs supporters as the same as some of the worst OF fans.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2016, 03:33 PM
You make it sound as if you had a religious experience, it was a football match nothing else. A great day spoiled to a large extent by silly behaviour. All it did was to allow certain groups to paint Hibs supporters as the same as some of the worst OF fans.

That's complete bollox, i have never experienced anything like it when that Gray goal went in and again when the final whistle went.

It was much more than just a football match.

Kato
05-07-2016, 03:39 PM

Still on the bromide?

Lago
05-07-2016, 03:40 PM
That's complete bollox, i have never experienced anything like it when that Gray goal went in and again when the final whistle went.

Yip I suppose from your point of view it would be, that long since you actually attended a game it must have been out of this world.

Dashing Bob S
05-07-2016, 03:56 PM

Quite. I euphorically fired off a fusillade of vintage South Edinburgh jizz right across that peace line on the first occasion, and two minutes later was sufficiently recovered to repeat this action at the final whistle. I can confirm that this phenomenon only occurs under the most exceptional circumstances.

SJM
05-07-2016, 03:57 PM

A football match nothing else 😂😂😂

Kato
05-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Looking back on it the pitch invasion was always going to happen in the event of us winning the Cup. Nothing World changing actually happened other than us breaking that hoodoo.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Yip I suppose from your point of view it would be, that long since you actually attended a game it must have been out of this world.

Meeeoooww.

Kato
05-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Meeeoooww.

Is this a "George Galloway" moment, BH?

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Is this a "George Galloway" moment, BH?

:greengrin I suppose the folk who did go on the pitch were all like me, at their first ever Hibs game. :wink:

Bostonhibby
05-07-2016, 04:14 PM
The rangers neutrals, not as good as casuals but better than casualties and miles better than the now defunct Glasgow rangers neutrals.

No very scary though.

See us we're pure neutral, we were the peepul

Aldo
05-07-2016, 04:19 PM

Football match it was indeed but not just any old football match the 2016 Scottish Cup Final which we went into win.

Not a person alive had seen us win that trophy and for me it was an expression of emotion.

40 arrests for a so called riot sounds about right.... NOT.

Totally blown out of all proportion by Media, Der Hun and the BBC.

Rod got it bang on the money when he said it was emotions and exuberance.

I was in tears at the final whistle through excitement happiness and probably relief.

And if you think for one minute we are equal or as bad as them then you've never been to hunbrox.

cookin_on_gaz
05-07-2016, 04:37 PM

It was the first football match I have attended where tears of joy were running down my cheeks. Whenever i think of David Gray scoring that goal it makes me smile and more tears well up. That's how much it meant to me and couldn't care less what "certain groups" think. I am not a believer in God, but if I was then I reckon that day would come close to a religious experience.

MyJo
05-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Football match it was indeed but not just any old football match the 2016 Scottish Cup Final which we went into win.

Not a person alive had seen us win that trophy and for me it was an expression of emotion.

40 arrests for a so called riot sounds about right.... NOT.

Totally blown out of all proportion by Media, Der Hun and the BBC.

Rod got it bang on the money when he said it was emotions and exuberance.

I was in tears at the final whistle through excitement happiness and probably relief.

And if you think for one minute we are equal or as bad as them then you've never been to hunbrox.

its also 40 arrests in total, less than half of those will actually be Hibs fans :agree:

SouthMoroccoStu
05-07-2016, 05:02 PM
In all fairness I know a guy that swears he has Lee Wallace's right arm.

He's hung it above his fireplace

True story

Brightside
05-07-2016, 05:20 PM
hang on...some people didn't actually go to the game?

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2016, 05:23 PM

Do you sit in the East you come across quite patronising. ;-)

cabbageandribs1875
05-07-2016, 05:25 PM
hang on...some people didn't actually go to the game?

yes, 9k that were at the LC final couldn't/didn't manage to make it :(

Alfred E Newman
05-07-2016, 05:28 PM
The 40 arrests after the great " Hampden Riot" pale into insignificance when you take into concideration the 212 arrests made during and after the 1972 final!

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2016, 05:29 PM
The experience was priceless and that includes the euphoric pitch invasion, ****** magic the greatest football experience ever.

WoreTheGreen
05-07-2016, 05:32 PM
The experience was priceless and that includes the euphoric pitch invasion, ****** magic the greatest football experience ever.

Nothing will ever compare

SJM
05-07-2016, 05:35 PM

The only way I can describe it is when we scored the goal it was like the final push before my first born came and the midwifes indicated it was time. Dazed confused an not got a clue what to do until baby was ok which was like the full the full time whistle, both felt like forever too. Just a game of football 😂 I wanted to see us win the cup well before married an kids too.

Kato
05-07-2016, 05:48 PM

Too true. Especially the word "priceless".

Onion
05-07-2016, 05:55 PM

Hazard a guess that the only folk who thought the pitch invasion "added to the occasion" were those who ran onto the pitch. Didn't bother me at the time (too busy celebrating), but don't expect the pitch invasion to feature greatly in the official DVD :rolleyes:

Lago
05-07-2016, 06:19 PM
A football match nothing else 
No not nothing else, a great football match with a GREAT result.

Lago
05-07-2016, 06:20 PM
Still on the bromide?
Afraid your being too obtuse for me, plainenglish please.:agree:

Lago
05-07-2016, 06:22 PM
The only way I can describe it is when we scored the goal it was like the final push before my first born came and the midwifes indicated it was time. Dazed confused an not got a clue what to do until baby was ok which was like the full the full time whistle, both felt like forever too. Just a game of football  I wanted to see us win the cup well before married an kids too.
Oh come on.

lucky
05-07-2016, 06:35 PM
When the pitch invasion happened it was pure excitement and at the time I laughed but the fans that took forever to get off the pitch took it too far. Yes we missed out on the lap of honour but the parade made up for it. But those who got involved in fights with The neutrals then you deserve the knock at the door. The old saying don't do the crime if you can't do the time springs to mind.

Still the greatest day ever being a Hibs fan

superfurryhibby
05-07-2016, 06:43 PM
When the pitch invasion happened it was pure excitement and at the time I laughed but the fans that took forever to get off the pitch took it too far. Yes we missed out on the lap of honour but the parade made up for it. But those who got involved in fights with The neutrals then you deserve the knock at the door. The old saying don't do the crime if you can't do the time springs to mind.

Still the greatest day ever being a Hibs fan

Pity We couldn't have had a lap of honour and a parade though.

At the time I was thinking that will put the scuppers on the players and management team taking a bow and getting the applause they deserved.

JimBHibees
05-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Pity We couldn't have had a lap of honour and a parade though.

At the time I was thinking that will put the scuppers on the players and management team taking a bow and getting the applause they deserved.

There was no reason beyond spite that the players couldn't have had a lap of honour.

Onion
05-07-2016, 06:48 PM
There was no reason beyond spite that the players couldn't have had a lap of honour.

:top marks 100% correct. It was punishment.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Hazard a guess that the only folk who thought the pitch invasion "added to the occasion" were those who ran onto the pitch. Didn't bother me at the time (too busy celebrating), but don't expect the pitch invasion to feature greatly in the official DVD :rolleyes:

You're guess is wrong.

Kato
05-07-2016, 06:54 PM

They are spiteful beings. Don't expect them to change.

Time For Heroes
05-07-2016, 07:54 PM
I honestly think people need to draw a line under this, we won the Scottish Cup!!!
In life people do things that not everyone agrees with, in this instance the pitch invasion, lets not continue to recycle the same arguement over and over again.
We won the cup, forget about the lap of honour, if you had the option before the game you would all jump at the chance to have won it, let sleeping dog lie and enjoy europe and hopefully a successful season finishing in promotion without the point scoring.

Lago
05-07-2016, 08:50 PM
:top marks
I honestly think people need to draw a line under this, we won the Scottish Cup!!!
In life people do things that not everyone agrees with, in this instance the pitch invasion, lets not continue to recycle the same arguement over and over again.
We won the cup, forget about the lap of honour, if you had the option before the game you would all jump at the chance to have won it, let sleeping dog lie and enjoy europe and hopefully a successful season finishing in promotion without the point scoring.

Dashing Bob S
05-07-2016, 08:58 PM

Nah. Too boring. If everybody is playing the starch-shirted civil servant the board descends into zzzz....

jacomo
05-07-2016, 09:27 PM

Time For Heroes
05-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Nah. Too boring. If everybody is playing the starch-shirted civil servant the board descends into zzzz....

:greengrin

147lothian
05-07-2016, 09:41 PM

Yip ya shouldn't have went on brigade are getting a bit boring

Canon Hannan
06-07-2016, 07:39 AM
The pitch invasion added to the occasion and hopefully the video. The team were able to show the Cup to the fans on Sunday. It was all good. What a weekend!! Amazing and a positive experience 🏆

Moulin Yarns
06-07-2016, 08:03 AM
The pitch invasion added to the occasion and hopefully the video. The team were able to show the Cup to the fans on Sunday. It was all good. What a weekend!! Amazing and a positive experience 

Here's the thing, some fans who were at Hampden that day couldn't make the parade on Sunday, I imagine they would have liked to see the cup paraded at Hampden. That was prevented due to the pitch invasion.

superfurryhibby
06-07-2016, 08:14 AM
On a tangential note. The cup celebrations at ER after we won the League Cup in 2007 were also halted because some fuds felt the need to express their emorions by running on the pitch. Police weren't having it.

Bottom line, fans stay in the stands- players on the pitch. I hope people get that message when we celebrate our league and cup double this coming season.

Perceived wisdom from some on here is that it was an understandable response. I kind of get that but there were things that happened that were sheer self indulgence. Ripping up the pitch, breaking the goals, goading the huns etc, not really about releasing 114 years worth of pent up emotion. More about daft ****s maintaining their usual standards.

Geo_1875
06-07-2016, 08:37 AM
On a tangential note. The cup celebrations at ER after we won the League Cup in 2007 were also halted because some fuds felt the need to express their emorions by running on the pitch. Police weren't having it.

Bottom line, fans stay in the stands- players on the pitch. I hope people get that message when we celebrate our league and cup double this coming season.

Perceived wisdom from some on here is that it was an understandable response. I kind of get that but there were things that happened that were sheer self indulgence. Ripping up the pitch, breaking the goals, goading the huns etc, not really about releasing 114 years worth of pent up emotion. More about daft ****s maintaining their usual standards.

I think 10 arrests (so far) of Hibs supporters for their actions on the pitch suggests that the huge majority were merely indulging in exuberant behaviour. If the match security team (SFA, Police and Stewards) couldn't foresee that there would be the slightest possibility of Hibs winning the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114 years and the Hibs fans might go a bit tonto should that happen they should take full responsibility

Frazerbob
06-07-2016, 08:48 AM

What I don't understand is, after winning the cup, that cup, why would you want to make a bee-line to the Huns to give it the big come-ahead nonsense. Surely at a time like that you want to be celebrating with your pals and family not looking for a punch-up or ripping up the pitch and breaking the goalposts. There is no excuse for the pitch invasion, it was wrong, end of story and those who went looking for a pager at what should've been our proudest moment were an embarrassment.

Frazerbob
06-07-2016, 08:54 AM
The pitch invasion added to the occasion and hopefully the video. The team were able to show the Cup to the fans on Sunday. It was all good. What a weekend!! Amazing and a positive experience 

The bit in bold, I could not disagree with more and there is no way it will feature on any official release from the club.

The rest, totally agree. As bad as the pitch invasion and the fighting was, it will not, does not can not ruin the best weekend ever! :flag::flag:

Super_JMcGinn
06-07-2016, 09:00 AM
:top marks 100% correct. It was punishment.

It's entirely down to the police commander at the match.

I was watching a video of the 1980 riot and the fans were still fighting on the pitch when both teams went up for the presentation, changed days indeed.

Baker9
06-07-2016, 09:14 AM

Another spoiled celebration was Firhill when we won the league under McLeish. No lap of honour there either just dafties on the park.

BigKev
06-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Had we been 3 nil up at full time I'd doubt there would have been a pitch invasion however circumstances meant the elation come the final whistle saw fans on the pitch.

It didn't marr my enjoyment of the day. The lap of honour could quite easily have still taken place as there was no threat of disorder by the time the cup was presented. That decision reeks of the police realising they made a mistake with match preparation.

Goading supporters when you've scored a last minute winner happens throughout the footballing world. If security had been properly planned there may still have been some fans on the park but nothing like the thousands allowed on without challenge.

The blame for the scenes lies with the security arrangements. There's dafties in every support and if you don't control how many people are on the park then trouble is almost a certainty.

How the police and SFA didn't have appropriate precautions in place should be at the crux of the investigation rather than trying to cover their own hinds with fines for the club.

Since90+2
06-07-2016, 09:16 AM
I wonder if the media agenda as set by Jabba Traynor and Sevco that it was a "riot" and not a celebration pitch invasion has made people feel differently (including some members of our own support) about it.

There have been countless pitch invasions over the years at moments of celebration and I dont recall any mentions that it spoiled the day. Have a quick look at the media coverage and fans comments from when Man City won the league to see how the media can paint it to be any picture they like. From looking at picture of the amount of fans on the pitch at the Etihad that day they far far exceeded the numbers at Hampden. Once the pitch was cleared they paraded the trophy around the pitch so absolutely no reason for the blazers to have banned it on 21st May.

Yes the fighting was wrong and the tiny proportion of fans (about 12 Hibs fans currently) who were involved will be lifted but dont allow Jabba the Hut and his media friends to taint the rest of the fans as animals.

cabbageandribs1875
06-07-2016, 09:25 AM
have 'the pitchers' organised a fine fund to help pay the hefty fine our club will probably receive :duck:

oh aye and p.s. the pitch is for players, the terracing is for fans :agree: try and remember this after we successfully defend our SC at the end of this season :greengrin

Frazerbob
06-07-2016, 09:28 AM
I wonder if the media agenda as set by Jabba Traynor and Sevco that it was a "riot" and not a celebration pitch invasion has made people feel differently (including some members of our own support) about it.

There have been countless pitch invasions over the years at moments of celebration and I dont recall any mentions that it spoiled the day. Have a quick look at the media coverage and fans comments from when Man City won the league to see how the media can paint it to be any picture they like. From looking at picture of the amount of fans on the pitch at the Etihad that day they far far exceeded the numbers at Hampden. Once the pitch was cleared they paraded the trophy around the pitch so absolutely no reason for the blazers to have banned it on 21st May.

Yes the fighting was wrong and the tiny proportion of fans (about 12 Hibs fans currently) who were involved will be lifted but dont allow Jabba the Hut and his media friends to taint the rest of the fans as animals.

Fair comment and I agree re the Man City comparison. My opinion was formed at the time though, I haven't read any newspapers for years. I was in the North close to the segregation so had a good view of the bother. As soon as I saw dozens of Hibs fan right in from the Rangers fans beckoning them on for a square go, I knew it was going to take a turn for the worse. However, of the thousands of Hibs fans on the park, a very small percentage ventured over the half way line and maybe 30 made it to the Rangers fans. That was enough to give the Huns their excuse to pile on in their hundreds and it then turned nasty. I saw a few Hibs fans take nast kick-ins. I've said all along, if the Hibs fans hadn't invaded the pitch, there would be no fighting however of the Hibs fans who did, less than 1% were looking for trouble where as 100% of the hundreds of Huns were there for one reason.

BSEJVT
06-07-2016, 09:40 AM

Absolutely 100% agree

Thecat23
06-07-2016, 10:12 AM
People run on the pitch all over the uk after high profile games. The ones who done it I have no issue with at all. The ones who ran to the Rangers end I've no time for.
But overall, we won the Scottish cup and I couldn't really give a flying **** about a half lap of honour to be honest. I seen them lift it, seen them beat The Rangers in the last min, and seen the parade at Leith Links.

💚

cookin_on_gaz
06-07-2016, 10:25 AM
https://c5.staticflickr.com/8/7311/28022116212_46152e258c_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/JGdESG)20160521_165718 (https://flic.kr/p/JGdESG) by cookin_on_gaz (https://www.flickr.com/photos/72692813@N07/), on Flickr

It all looked pretty good from where I was sitting

Onion
06-07-2016, 10:34 AM
It's entirely down to the police commander at the match.

I was watching a video of the 1980 riot and the fans were still fighting on the pitch when both teams went up for the presentation, changed days indeed.

Police commander must have been mortified by the events at FT, an outcome of his own personal incompetence and poor judgement. Having screwed that up, he was in no fit state to make a call on Hibs parading the cup.

JimBHibees
06-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Police commander must have been mortified by the events at FT, an outcome of his own personal incompetence and poor judgement. Having screwed that up, he was in no fit state to make a call on Hibs parading the cup.

Agree obviously Jim Traynor told Hibs we weremt allowed to have our lap of honour. Would have been too much for the mortally injured Rangers players to take.

Onion
06-07-2016, 10:56 AM
Had we been 3 nil up at full time I'd doubt there would have been a pitch invasion however circumstances meant the elation come the final whistle saw fans on the pitch.

It didn't marr my enjoyment of the day. The lap of honour could quite easily have still taken place as there was no threat of disorder by the time the cup was presented. That decision reeks of the police realising they made a mistake with match preparation.

Goading supporters when you've scored a last minute winner happens throughout the footballing world. If security had been properly planned there may still have been some fans on the park but nothing like the thousands allowed on without challenge.

The blame for the scenes lies with the security arrangements. There's dafties in every support and if you don't control how many people are on the park then trouble is almost a certainty.

How the police and SFA didn't have appropriate precautions in place should be at the crux of the investigation rather than trying to cover their own hinds with fines for the club.

Agree with most of this, but cannot fathom why any Hibs fan at that Historic moment was at all bothered about Hun fans. When the final whistle went, they instantly became an irrelevance - it was 100% about Hibs and the journey we've all been on. Whether it was the Huns, Celtic or St Mirren was irrelevant. In fact, I remember looking over at the Huns nearby wondering why they were even there - like univited guests at a party. Then I remembered they are Huns and were simply looking for any way to spoil the party. Once a Hun always a Hun.

pacoluna
06-07-2016, 11:20 AM
:yawn2:

hibs0666
06-07-2016, 11:54 AM
I saw someone on Twitter stating that 34 of 38 arrests were huns. Has anyone seen a source for this, or is it just one of those social media madey-up things?

Bostonhibby
06-07-2016, 12:03 PM
I saw someone on Twitter stating that 34 of 38 arrests were huns. Has anyone seen a source for this, or is it just one of those social media madey-up things?

Some Hibs fans have been arrested but so far the west coast meejah and other idiots like them seem to make a lot of references to other fans but not too much emphasis on which team they follow, I guess an inclusive, cosmopolitan outward looking club like the rangers appeal to lots of neutral fans, especially from the Glasgow and west of Scotland areas.

SJM
06-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Oh come on.

Your thoughts are different from mines. Fair enough. No need to be so pompous.

Lago
06-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Your thoughts are different from mines. Fair enough. No need to be so pompous.
Opinions eh, don't think I have ever been pompous at any time during my longish life.

CropleyWasGod
06-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Seemingly 34 out of the 38 arrests are Rangers fans, not heard much from them since these facts came out.

Do we know this for sure?

CropleyWasGod
06-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Not sure but a mate put it up on facebook, tbh wouldn't surprise me, hence why they're very quiet through the west.

I can't see how anyone, outside of the Police, would know.

CropleyWasGod
06-07-2016, 02:50 PM
When the stories go up on the news sites, the vast majority of addresses are from the wet, unless we have more west coast fans than we thought we had.

That's a fair point, but we still don't "know" for sure.

IMO, we shouldn't be making claims like that until the cases come to Court and everybody's case (guilty or otherwise) is heard. Otherwise, we're just going along the same line of "we know some stuff, so let's make up the rest" line as our esteemed media :)

J-C
06-07-2016, 02:57 PM
That's a fair point, but we still don't "know" for sure.

IMO, we shouldn't be making claims like that until the cases come to Court and everybody's case (guilty or otherwise) is heard. Otherwise, we're just going along the same line of "we know some stuff, so let's make up the rest" line as our esteemed media :)

Had another look at his page and it's a headline from something but doesn't open when I click it, so yes as you say, may not be true, although it may well be, I'll remove the post just to be right.

silverhibee
06-07-2016, 09:38 PM
3-2

Scottish Cup winners 2016.

F*** the huns.

Haymaker
07-07-2016, 12:29 AM
3-2

F*** the huns.

This.

Ergye
07-07-2016, 12:39 AM
3-2

F*** the huns.

Beautifully ****ing illustrated.

blackpoolhibs
07-07-2016, 05:31 PM
https://twitter.com/wscsm1 :greengrin

LustForLeith
08-07-2016, 06:39 AM
noticed on Twitter that people are posting pictures of the aftermath of the Cup Final pitch invasion with photos from the stewards barricade after fighting at the Beyonce show at Hampden last night with the caption 'Scotland's Shame'

Keith_M
08-07-2016, 06:52 AM
Beyonce Fans riot at Hampden.

Obviously loads of Hibbies 'goading' them.

Bostonhibby
08-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Hopefully everyone was okay after the the huns came on to protect them

Moulin Yarns
08-07-2016, 08:07 AM
noticed on Twitter that people are posting pictures of the aftermath of the Cup Final pitch invasion with photos from the stewards barricade after fighting at the Beyonce show at Hampden last night with the caption 'Scotland's Shame'

This?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmyf9BWWIAA1YdS.jpg:large

LustForLeith
08-07-2016, 08:46 AM
This?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cmyf9BWWIAA1YdS.jpg:large

That was the picture I saw where someone had put it alongside the police line on the pitch at Hampden on twitter earlier

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-07-2016, 09:17 AM
So does that mean Beyonce is due a massive fine for her fans behavior?

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
08-07-2016, 09:21 AM

Its just glaswegians being the friendliest, banteriest people in the world.

Moulin Yarns
08-07-2016, 09:22 AM

I see T in the park has already had a mass brawl with bottles smashed on heads etc.

Steve-O
08-07-2016, 10:15 AM

She should certainly be made to cancel her European tour :agree:

BroxburnHibee
08-07-2016, 10:33 AM

I asked @policescotland to see if they would confirm it. Never got a reply.

Think its made up.

rodhibs55
08-07-2016, 10:36 AM

Yes, I was trying to remember who told me that fact and who gave them that title.
Oh yes it I remember now, it was a Glaswegian.

CropleyWasGod
08-07-2016, 10:44 AM

Think its made up.

Agreed.

There's no point in giving out that kind of information just now. if it's relevant, it will come out at the trials.

Bostonhibby
08-07-2016, 10:53 AM
And police Glasgow missed the whole thing as they'd been sent to ibrox 15 minutes earlier for some sort of party.

Waxy
08-07-2016, 11:44 AM
Weegies eh. If your no all happy smiley and false then there's something wrong with you.

Ergye
08-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Beyonce Fans riot at Hampden.

Obviously loads of Hibbies 'goading' them.

To be fair the second I hear her music I wanna riot too.

Ergye
08-07-2016, 12:33 PM

Think its made up.

99 prosecutions but a Hibby ain't 1.

hibs0666
08-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Xenophobia seems to be alive and well in the Hibs support.

The Green Goblin
08-07-2016, 03:45 PM

Is it? I can't see any posts which are prejudiced against people from another country.

J-C
08-07-2016, 03:50 PM
Is it? I can't see any posts which are prejudiced against people from another country.

:faf:

Mr White
08-07-2016, 04:20 PM

:coffee:

Keith_M
08-07-2016, 06:18 PM

What?????

Bostonhibby
08-07-2016, 06:36 PM
Clyde FC branch of the beyonce fan club to blame. Well known for this sort of thing. No the rangers people involved at all. Daily record will confirm soon.

Bostonhibby
08-07-2016, 06:37 PM

:coffee:
Miles better at sectarianism

Hibrandenburg
08-07-2016, 09:03 PM

Full Definition of xenophobia
: fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign.

Not saying he's right but his interpretation of the word "xenophobia" is bang on.

WoreTheGreen
08-07-2016, 09:21 PM
Is Beyonce fae Dumbarton

CraigHibee
09-07-2016, 08:25 AM
Is Beyonce fae Dumbarton

i'm sure there are plenty kids running about glasgow called Beyonce.. brittany as well i think :greengrin

Keith_M
09-07-2016, 08:29 AM
If xenophobia is a fear or hatred of someone that decides to have a username declaring Hibs to be the Number Of The Beast, then count me in.

hibs0666
09-07-2016, 09:17 AM
If xenophobia is a fear or hatred of someone that decides to have a username declaring Hibs to be the Number Of The Beast, then count me in.

It's not. That is something else.

Finn2015
09-07-2016, 09:19 AM
i'm sure there are plenty kids runnign about glasgow called Beyonce.. brittany as well i think :greengrin

That's just the boys😳

The Green Goblin
09-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Full Definition of xenophobia
: fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign.

Not saying he's right but his interpretation of the word "xenophobia" is bang on.

At the risk of sparking a few pages of pointless, angry discussion, and imho, I disagree. :greengrin The definition you posted is from dictionary.com (and other sites use it too) and I think it's flawed.

To say that fearing or hating something just because it is "strange" is xenophobic, doesn't make sense. The definition misses out the crucial point, which is that to be xenophobic, the thing which is "strange" is strange because it is a foreign (def: "external to one's own country") custom. The Cambridge dictionary makes this point more clearly: "extreme dislike or fear of foreigners, their customs, their religions, etc." Oxford dictionary has it as "Dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries". Definitions can differ, of course, but in this case, I do think the part about the other country is what defines xenophobia, rather than just simple prejudice (unfair or unreasonable opinion of something), or perhaps bigotry (intolerance for beliefs that are not one's own, regardless of origin).

Yeah, I know it feels like I'm making a big deal of this. :greengrin I'm just on holiday for a few days and have some time on my hands. And for the record, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass at hibs0666' expense. It was kind of intended as a humourous response, as J-C realised. Maybe a smiley might have made that clearer...

Keith_M
09-07-2016, 10:08 AM

Justified suspicion?

Moulin Yarns
09-07-2016, 10:13 AM

Computer related?

Hibrandenburg
09-07-2016, 11:14 AM
At the risk of sparking a few pages of pointless, angry discussion, and imho, I disagree. :greengrin The definition you posted is from dictionary.com (and other sites use it too) and I think it's flawed.

To say that fearing or hating something just because it is "strange" is xenophobic, doesn't make sense. The definition misses out the crucial point, which is that to be xenophobic, the thing which is "strange" is strange because it is a foreign (def: "external to one's own country") custom. The Cambridge dictionary makes this point more clearly: "extreme dislike or fear of foreigners, their customs, their religions, etc." Oxford dictionary has it as "Dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries". Definitions can differ, of course, but in this case, I do think the part about the other country is what defines xenophobia, rather than just simple prejudice (unfair or unreasonable opinion of something), or perhaps bigotry (intolerance for beliefs that are not one's own, regardless of origin).

Yeah, I know it feels like I'm making a big deal of this. :greengrin I'm just on holiday for a few days and have some time on my hands. And for the record, I wasn't trying to be a smart ass at hibs0666' expense. It was kind of intended as a humourous response, as J-C realised. Maybe a smiley might have made that clearer...

You're saying Glaswegians aren't "Strange"? :greengrin

The Green Goblin
09-07-2016, 12:50 PM
You're saying Glaswegians aren't "Strange"? :greengrin

:top marks I couldn't possibly comment. :greengrin

ancient hibee
09-07-2016, 01:41 PM
:top marks I couldn't possibly comment. :greengrin

Surely you mean " I won't comment" as clearly you could if you want to. Incidentally why did the actor deny he went to Tynecastle school?

Dashing Bob S
09-07-2016, 10:16 PM
They should all be mercilessly flogged in public. Four Hibs fans out of 38, I can accept as collateral damage.

Bostonhibby
09-07-2016, 10:18 PM
They should all be mercilessly flogged in public. Four Hibs fans out of 38, I can accept as collateral damage.
Agree. They'll be the four that only go to cup finals anyway.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Agree. They'll be the four that only go to cup finals anyway.

Probably got kids STs too. ;-)

Tinribs
10-07-2016, 12:59 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36754532

Looks like they have their sights set on more.

MrSmith
10-07-2016, 06:23 AM
"Thousands of hibs fans"
"A number of rangers fans"

Who are they trying to kid?

Marco G
10-07-2016, 07:23 AM
"Thousands of hibs fans"

That bit is just tagged onto every update on the BBC Scotland website. But I notice the bit about The Rangers players not being able to get their medals has fallen off the foot if it. So by the time the BBC have some real facts to put on it, all the guff below it will have disappeared!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
10-07-2016, 07:43 AM

Wonder why it's on the west of Scotland page, other than they think the fans are from that part of the country

Future17
10-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Wonder why it's on the west of Scotland page, other than they think the fans are from that part of the country

I think it'll just be because that's where the offences were committed and where the investigative team is based Billy.

easty
10-07-2016, 07:53 AM

It's on both the east and the west parts of the website.

scoopyboy
10-07-2016, 08:01 AM

I don't recognise anybody.

If I recognised a Hibs fan not sure I'd do anything about it though.:greengrin

A cream bun on the other hand.......

lucky
10-07-2016, 09:32 AM
There's a photo of a female in amongst the latest lot not being sexist but can imagine she was involved in fighting

Kojock
10-07-2016, 10:17 AM
There's a photo of a female in amongst the latest lot not being sexist but can imagine she was involved in fighting

Looks like Mary out of Coronation Street :agree:

hibsdaft
10-07-2016, 10:22 AM
pretty irrelevant point here I know, but i'm surprised they Police don't have better quality images of the alleged culprits. it was the scottish cup final... it was being filmed in HD (4K too?) , there were dozens/ hundreds of professional photographers, CCTV all around the ground, the Police's own cameras etc, not to mention thousands filming on smart phones and consequent youtube uploads etc. perhaps the most filmed/ photoed square hundred yards in Scotland this year?

Kojock
10-07-2016, 10:37 AM
"Thousands of hibs fans"

That's exactly what happened though.

Thousands of Hibs fans jumped the barriers at the final whistle after their team won its first Scottish Cup Final in 114 years.

A number of Rangers fans also came on to the pitch.

The pitch invasion delayed the presentation of the trophy and there was no lap of honour for Hibs players.

Bostonhibby
10-07-2016, 10:52 AM
I don't recognise anybody.

If I recognised a Hibs fan not sure I'd do anything about it though.:greengrin

A cream bun on the other hand.......

Same here, I did think I might have recognised a couple of the the rangers defensive types for a minute, you know the slow older guy in the middle of the defence, and the other one that the Scottish media was ranting about before the game - Tavernier? He was supposed to be marking Stokes before for both his goals.

Anyway I've done my bit to help Police Glasgow, and having looked at everything that's available I can confirm that there's no sign of them so I won't be putting them up as having been on the pitch at important times.

Moulin Yarns
10-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Of the most recent pics, 35 has a green scarf in the photo and 26 is wearing a white and green top. 21 has a purple top.

My guess is that marks them out as Hibs supporters, anyone recognise them?

Chuck D
10-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Of the most recent pics, 35 has a green scarf in the photo and 26 is wearing a white and green top. 21 has a purple top.

My guess is that marks them out as Hibs supporters, anyone recognise them?

35 isn't wearing the scarf - the person he's about to clobber is.

Moulin Yarns
10-07-2016, 11:25 AM
35 isn't wearing the scarf - the person he's about to clobber is.

I couldn't make up my mind which is why I said there was a scarf in the picture.

Chuck D
10-07-2016, 11:31 AM
I couldn't make up my mind which is why I said there was a scarf in the picture.

Ah, sorry I thought you were referring to the person rather than the picture. I have to stop thinking of people as numbers!

Killiehibbie
10-07-2016, 11:49 AM

My guess is that marks them out as Hibs supporters, anyone recognise them? Nobody knows who they are and even if they thought they might i'm sure amnesia affects lots of people. I don't think I could even stick in a hun.

silverhibee
10-07-2016, 11:55 AM
Deary me.

Bostonhibby
10-07-2016, 12:04 PM
There's one real sour pus in there, I think it might be king, or had he left earlier for the ibrox celebration along with the police?

RealRonnieKirk
10-07-2016, 12:58 PM
I wonder when THE Rangers will be handing out lifetime bans as we have done??:rolleyes:

hibbiedon
10-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Think that number 40 is that well known rangers fan Hugh Dallas