PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TIME FOR HEROES BOOK SIGNING

RSS Bot
01-07-2016, 10:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6601)

NAE NOOKIE
01-07-2016, 11:27 AM
A book written and published in 6 weeks ... that's impressive, perhaps we should have put him in charge of producing the cup final DVD :greengrin

scoopyboy
01-07-2016, 11:33 AM
A book written and published in 6 weeks ... that's impressive, perhaps we should have put him in charge of producing the cup final DVD :greengrin

I love Hibs books, one of my favourite bits is picking up on mistakes in them (sad git eh).

In Ted's book there is an error in the first sentence in his introduction!!!!

3pm
01-07-2016, 11:42 AM
I love Hibs books, one of my favourite bits is picking up on mistakes in them (sad git eh).

Did he think it finished 2-2? :greengrin

On a sidenote, where's that banner now?! The club should be buying and sticking it up somewhere.

I also think the big advertising spaces either side of the Famous Five should be filled with a big picture of David Gray! :flag:

scoopyboy
01-07-2016, 11:47 AM
Did he think it finished 2-2? :greengrin

On a sidenote, where's that banner now?! The club should be buying and sticking it up somewhere.

I also think the big advertising spaces either side of the Famous Five should be filled with a big picture of David Gray! :flag:

I think it was up at Easter Road on the night of the final so they maybe have it already.

Dashing Bob S
01-07-2016, 11:54 AM
I must be about the only person in Edinburgh who bought the books by Mike Aitken and John Fairgrieve on Hearts League championship 'win' in '86. The books were obviously written in celebratory mode, then both had to tack on a 'tragic defeat' finishing chapter after St Albo struck at Dens. These chapters failed to render either work salable and I picked them up in some bargain bin for 10 pence each, in order to gloat.

scoopyboy
01-07-2016, 11:58 AM
I must be about the only person in Edinburgh who bought the books by Mike Aitken and John Fairgrieve on Hearts League championship 'win' in '86. The books were obviously written in celebratory mode, then both had to tack on a 'tragic defeat' finishing chapter after St Albo struck at Dens. These chapters failed to render either work salable and I picked them up in some bargain bin for 10 pence each, in order to gloat.

The Fairgrieve one was printed at Charles Letts in Dalkeith and I got a couple of copies from a friendly employee.

Favourite bit was when they won 3-0 at Tannidice, when in his opinion they clinched the League.

I think it's more a Hibs fans collector item than a Hearts one.:greengrin

tamig
01-07-2016, 11:58 AM

😂

Bostonhibby
01-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Was the book called the team that wouldn't die (due to admistration)?

Since1875Hibs
01-07-2016, 01:14 PM
The club & co aren't half making the most of our display eh!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-07-2016, 02:41 PM

The timing seems improbable - guy must be a total machine

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
01-07-2016, 02:42 PM

It just makes me think of the libertines song of the same name - one of my fav songs off one of my fav albums

Tom Hart RIP
01-07-2016, 02:47 PM

Good spot. Hadn't occurred to me.

Kato
01-07-2016, 03:17 PM

I read the Mike Aitken one. The part when they beat Dundee Utd 0-3 toward the end of the season was left unedited and contains the words, iirc, "this was the day Hearts won the League."

Aitken later went onto support Mercer's takeover which showed he was twisted bitter jambo fud.

GreenCastle
01-07-2016, 03:29 PM

Where is the banner ?

Any plans to keep it at the back of the East all season or upper tier South Stand ?