PDA

View Full Version : Conrad Logan

Onion
30-06-2016, 07:23 PM
Special thread for the man without whom 21 May would have been nothing more than wild dream. Unforgettable semi-final performance which gave us a shot at glory.

Good luck Conrad. A legend, always welcome back at Easter Road.

Nevi_SOL
30-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Agreed. Good luck Conrad and thank you.

Pretty Boy
30-06-2016, 07:26 PM
I read something on Twitter about him not being offered a new deal. Is this official?

I would have liked to have seen him have a chance to prove he could get himself fit and impress Lennon but hopefully it means we have someone lined up.

Skyegreen
30-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Conrad = LEGEND

All the best in the future Conrad, your welcome back at Easter Road anytime 😎👌🏿

S4uzee
30-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Will be forever remembered and was vital in us winning the cup!!

All the best Conrad, Hibs legend 🍀🏆

TheMentalHibees
30-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Haste ye back big, big yin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LustForLeith
30-06-2016, 07:32 PM
My son plays in goals for his school football team and they always finish with penalties. Since that game against Dundee United the wee man mimics Conrad by waving his arms, shouting at the players and then doing the GIRUY celebration when they miss or he saves!:greengrin

Conrad's first game is one of the best debuts I think I've ever seen form a Hibs player

SquashedFrogg
30-06-2016, 07:35 PM
I read something on Twitter about him not being offered a new deal. Is this official?

I would have liked to have seen him have a chance to prove he could get himself fit and impress Lennon but hopefully it means we have someone lined up.

The exact words I would have used.

Would loved to have seen him given a go but it must suggest that we have something in the pipeline (I had to use different words :greengrin)

Regardless of what happens, I'll love the big guy forever.

It's funny, I remember nudging my mate at the semi and asking if Mixu had re-joined as goalie... I really feared the worst. IIRC he even sclaffed a pass back early on

The rest, as they say, is history :flag:

scooby
30-06-2016, 08:18 PM
That's a real shame, would have been delighted if he'd been given a chance to get really fit and impress.

I'll never forget his heroics in the semi, after thinking wtf when he was warming up. We would never have won the cup without him, but tbf he never quite reproduced that form again

Thanks for your contribution to the best day of our lives big man.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Guess he only signed a short contract so nothing would suggest that he intended to stay any longer. In years to come I have no doubt that his part in our win will go down as a story in itself.

Bishop Hibee
30-06-2016, 08:30 PM
Hibs cult hero. Thanks for the memories 🇳🇬🏆🇮🇪

makaveli1875
30-06-2016, 08:31 PM
sad to see him go , he's got a scottish cup winners medal to take with him and be forever remembered as a hibs legend :flag:

PatHead
30-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Thanks Big man. Hibs legend.

Sammy7nil
30-06-2016, 08:35 PM
All the best big yin see you at the reunion dinner in 2041:greengrin

Finn2015
30-06-2016, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the memories and sincerely sorry to see him go

Persevere80
30-06-2016, 08:43 PM
The most exciting gk I've seen at this club. Respect...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Kaiser
30-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Deserved a chance to prove himself with a proper pre season behind him. All the best to him though. Not seen as good display from a Hibs keeper since Daniel andersson

AltheHibby
30-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Great keeper. And thanks to Conrad I wear the same size top as a Hibs player for the first time in years. 😱

Marco G
30-06-2016, 09:36 PM
Deserved a chance to prove himself with a proper pre season behind him. All the best to him though. Not seen as good display from a Hibs keeper since Daniel andersson
Dont think he was hoping to stay. Worked out well wrt the cup though, so thats ok.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Elephant Stone
30-06-2016, 09:44 PM
If it wasn't for Logan then there's a good chance I'd have missed out on what is probably the best day and weekend of my life so far, memories that will stay with me til the day I die.

Thank you Conrad, and good luck!

The Spaceman
30-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Thank you Conrad...we have had some great keepers in our history, and although you were only here for half a season, you are now a legendary Hibernian goal keeper. Always welcome back. :hibees

FranckSuzy
30-06-2016, 10:01 PM
I cannot adequately put into words what Conrad's contribution has meant to our Club. From fearing the worst when I realised Mark Oxley was suspended for the semi-final, to seeing him warming up, then his one-on-one saves in that game and of course, THOSE penalty saves....:thumbsup:

It is really is a modern day 'Roy of the Rovers' story and I'll be forever grateful to the big man as without him, I am 100% sure we would not be the Scottish Cup winning Hibees :thumbsup: Good luck Conrad and don't be a stranger. GGTTH.

PS Not forgetting he also played for Leicester (albeit not this season) but what a year he's had!:flag:

Captain Trips
30-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Thanks big man, I hope you get a club and get gametime.

All the best to you and your family. Your part of the Hibs family now as well.

Cheers Conrad.

Northernhibee
30-06-2016, 10:22 PM
"OI! DOWN THE MIDDLE! DOWN THE MIDDLE!"

Forever a Hibs legend.

Hibby Gav
30-06-2016, 10:26 PM
I cannot adequately put into words what Conrad's contribution has meant to our Club. From fearing the worst when I realised Mark Oxley was suspended for the semi-final, to seeing him warming up, then his one-on-one saves in that game and of course, THOSE penalty saves....:thumbsup:

It is really is a modern day 'Roy of the Rovers' story and I'll be forever grateful to the big man as without him, I am 100% sure we would not be the Scottish Cup winning Hibees :thumbsup: Good luck Conrad and don't be a stranger. GGTTH.

PS Not forgetting he also played for Leicester (albeit not this season) but what a year he's had!:flag:

:top marks This 100 %

Thank you Conrad...from all of us...thank you !

ggtth

Callyballybe
30-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Hibs legend through and through. Will never forget witnessing those penalty saves.

Dashing Bob S
30-06-2016, 10:33 PM
:top marks This 100 %

Thank you Conrad...from all of us...thank you !

ggtth

Can't think of any other Hibs keeper who had a tribute like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7by4HbKrETg&feature=youtu.be

Pretty Boy
30-06-2016, 10:46 PM
My initial thought when seeing him at Hampden was 'we've got no ****ing chance'. After watching him warm up for a few minutes it was obvious he was a competent keeper though.

What followed was one of those things you always think only happens to other teams against us. The standing ovation he got whilst a sub v Rangers in the next game was just a brilliant reaction to him (forgetting the unpleasantess aimed at Oxley from the hard of thinking).

Tbh whilst it's sad to see him go it's maybe best he does disappear into the sunset as both a cult hero and a bona fide legend. Good luck to the big guy wherever he ends up and like every other member of last seasons sqaud he's always welcome back at ER.

jgl07
30-06-2016, 10:52 PM
He looks remarkably like Tommy Lawrence (the flying pig) who kept goal for Liverpool under Bill Shankly in the 1960s.

SJM
30-06-2016, 10:56 PM
Conrad, I love you. Good luck fella. Hero. :agree:

#FromTheCapital
30-06-2016, 10:59 PM
With such a small number of appearances you have written yourself into hibs folklore. Always welcome back and all the best for the future. Thank you.

hibee92
30-06-2016, 11:07 PM
Simply put we would never have won the holy grail without the big man. Will always be welcome down leith

scooby
30-06-2016, 11:16 PM

Absolutely superb 👍

NAE NOOKIE
30-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Like a superhero he emerged from the shadows did what he had to do and then merged back into the misty gloom ..... a mysterious figure, was he man?, was he machine? ... nobody knows.

One day like King Arthur, when the Hibees need a saviour he may return ...... Conrad Logan Hibs legend http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

cookin_on_gaz
30-06-2016, 11:17 PM

This is one the best you tube videos I have ever seen.

All the best big man and you will always be a Hibs legend.

GGTH

Hibby Gav
30-06-2016, 11:20 PM

Absolutely brilliant !.... Thanks for the link :aok:

ggtth

#FromTheCapital
30-06-2016, 11:27 PM
Like a superhero he emerged from the shadows did what he had to do and then merged back into the misty gloom ..... a mysterious figure, was he man?, was he machine? ... nobody knows.

One day like King Arthur, when the Hibees need a saviour he may return ...... Conrad Logan Hibs legend http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

Brilliant!

Greencore
30-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Thank you Conrad and good luck 🍀

monktonharp
30-06-2016, 11:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7by4HbKrETg&feature=youtu.bethat my friend, is an ever to remembered classic. the song, the words, the craic. sublime. God bless Conrad, and Donegal for giving us him.:greengrin

FranckSuzy
30-06-2016, 11:43 PM
Is nobody thinking of the child, Jason? :tee hee:

monktonharp
30-06-2016, 11:48 PM
I'm trying to get it Suze, is it a pic. with him and his wee yin after the game. cant seem to get the link.

hibees 7062
01-07-2016, 12:12 AM
https://youtu.be/PLlwicaw_OU

SteveHFC
01-07-2016, 12:33 AM
Gonna miss the big guy. :boo hoo:

Ergye
01-07-2016, 12:37 AM
His work here is done.

There are others who need saving.

Regimes to be purged.
Diseases to be cured.
Sinners to be punished.
Space and time to be conquered.

Where he is needed, he will be........

When you hear that crisp packet rustling in the dark shadows, that's Conrad. He is with you.

Man Down Under
01-07-2016, 01:27 AM
He came, he saw, he conquered.

Legend.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Tapatalk

connerg
01-07-2016, 01:56 AM
The first bad mistake by Lennon. There will be many more.

ozhibs
01-07-2016, 02:01 AM
https://youtu.be/PLlwicaw_OU

Still brings tears to my eyes.
He came, he saw, he kicked Ass :greengrin

SlatefordHibby
01-07-2016, 04:02 AM

Woeful vibes.

HoboHarry
01-07-2016, 06:24 AM
Who has actually stated that he is leaving?

JimBHibees
01-07-2016, 06:27 AM
Who has actually stated that he is leaving?

The manager in an interview on Hibs tv.

lyonhibs
01-07-2016, 06:29 AM

Cheer up pal, you thrashed FC Talktalk Broadband 2-1 last night.

DH1875
01-07-2016, 06:42 AM
A true hero :agree:. First time I saw him I was like WTF, now I take it all back. If he's ever back for a visit he can stay at mines free of charge and the drinks will be on me. Good luck big guy :thumbsup:

mjhibby
01-07-2016, 06:47 AM

Absolutely brilliant. If ever there was a legend it is conrad. He wins hibs the semi final in his first game in months. He is a great character and will never be forgotten.

mjhibby
01-07-2016, 06:50 AM
His work here is done.

There are others who need saving.

Regimes to be purged.
Diseases to be cured.
Sinners to be punished.
Space and time to be conquered.

Where he is needed, he will be........

When you hear that crisp packet rustling in the dark shadows, that's Conrad. He is with you.

Superb sir. A huge guy in all senses of the word.

FranckSuzy
01-07-2016, 06:52 AM
Cheer up pal, you thrashed FC Talktalk Broadband 2-1 last night.

:tee hee:

HoboHarry
01-07-2016, 07:34 AM
The manager in an interview on Hibs tv.

Ok fair enough. Thank you......

Hibrandenburg
01-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Can we organise a "Buy a Pint for Conrad" action so that the big man never has to pay for a pint again. I'll start.

Conrad, if you're ever in Berlin, give me a shout and I'll set them up.

Thanks and best of luck big man!

staunchhibby
01-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Brilliant and funny tribute to Conrad.Gone but not forgotten.

pacoluna
01-07-2016, 08:16 AM
retire the number 25 :cb

Platinum Scotty
01-07-2016, 08:53 AM
Can we organise a "Buy a Pint for Conrad" action so that the big man never has to pay for a pint again. I'll start.

Sound idea, if you are in Blackheath SE London I will buy you a pint for sure

ForeverHibs93
01-07-2016, 09:05 AM
I can't pretend I'm not sad to see him go, I would have liked him to have the chance to really get fit and show Lennon what he has in his locker.

all the best Conrad, I'll never forget that semi final performance!!!

Hibs class, Hibs hero!

staunchhibby
01-07-2016, 09:36 AM
Is there any way you can save the u tube vid on Conrad.It will be worth it.

Captain Trips
01-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Is there any footage of his reaction when we scored, I know all camera focus was at corner but would have been interesting to see.

lyonhibs
01-07-2016, 10:29 AM

Conrad mate, if you're ever in Zurich.....................

Nah, you're alright actually - have you SEEN the price of a pint here!!!!

nomad
01-07-2016, 10:31 AM
Thank you Conrad from the bottom of my heart you delivered something I thought I would never see. A lot of my family sadly were looking down from above. All the best.

Fisherrow Harp
01-07-2016, 10:48 AM
A Hibs legend now always welcome at Easter road. We should get t-shirts printed up with "I'm Conrad Logan" a la "I'm Sparticus"!

jdships
01-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Can only think of one word to post
! THANKYOU" !!!!!
:hibees

Ergye
01-07-2016, 11:13 AM
The Conrad Logan story is perfect. In a way it's good that it's ended this way. It would be sad for him to come in and underperform and sully the memory of those Scottish Cup performances.

I was motivated and inspired to start a tribute page on Facebook for the man, immediately after the Semi Final. I'm asking for thank you messages on that page, that I know Conrad will see, as he is aware of the page.

It would also be very very cool if we could get a load of thank you video messages that I could collate and send to him. I already have a few. I would like some more. Get filming guys and gals !!

Stories like this NEVER happen. A total one off. It was special. :not worth

Cheers.

Onion
01-07-2016, 12:35 PM

Pale Rider 🏆

Canon Hannan
01-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Thanks Conrad. You won the Cup for us. I bought the last green goalie top to get your signature on it and framed too and your off 😂

edwards
01-07-2016, 03:18 PM
You came in from nowhere and helped us win the cup. I am absolutely gutted you aren't with us next season. Conrad Logan a name that will never be forgotten down Easter Road I wish you all the best Conrad take care.

Fergos
01-07-2016, 03:48 PM
The Conrad Logan story is perfect. In a way it's good that it's ended this way. It would be sad for him to come in and underperform and sully the memory of those Scottish Cup performances.

I was motivated and inspired to start a tribute page on Facebook for the man, immediately after the Semi Final. I'm asking for thank you messages on that page, that I know Conrad will see, as he is aware of the page.

It would also be very very cool if we could get a load of thank you video messages that I could collate and send to him. I already have a few. I would like some more. Get filming guys and gals !!

Stories like this NEVER happen. A total one off. It was special. :not worth

Cheers.

Make him aware of this thread too then as some of us don't do Facebook.

His place in history is now confirmed, sad to see him go. That semi final performance......Thank You. Proper winner too.....he does ballistic at the defence when Halliday scored their second in the final...to no avail.

Good luck to the Conrad fellae. Thank You doesn't do his contribution justice.

GGTTH

Mikers110
01-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Veni Vidi Veci

Billy McKirdy
01-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Is there any way you can save the u tube vid on Conrad.It will be worth it.

There are a few free You Tube dowmload apps on mobile and pc platforms available.

IberianHibernian
01-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Disappointed that it seems like he won`t be continuing with us . Hope things go well for him in the future . Some of the people who first took me to the Holy Ground 50 years ago had strong Donegal connections and if still with us would be delighted that a Donegal man was in goals when we won the Scottish Cup again .

JJP
01-07-2016, 10:11 PM
There can't be many players who were at a club for such a short time and left such a huge impression. Forever one of us. All the best Conrad.

TAHibby
02-07-2016, 12:30 AM
Pure cult hero whose contributions shall never be forgotten, all the best Conrad

Captain Trips
02-07-2016, 07:29 AM
There can't be many players who were at a club for such a short time and left such a huge impression. Forever one of us. All the best Conrad.

Indeed we simply would not have been in the final if not for him. 4 matches played unbelievable stuff.

zlatan
02-07-2016, 07:33 AM

I like stuff like this. The boy from Killie that played a handful of games, one of which was coming off the bench to score the winner in a league cup final before leaving shortly after for personal reasons.

Super_JMcGinn
02-07-2016, 08:30 AM
Indeed we simply would not have been in the final if not for him. 4 matches played unbelievable stuff.

A legend for sure.

I hope him and Stokesy can come back for Lewey's testimonial, I'm sure it would ensure a bumper crowd if not a sell out.

Saint Hibee
02-07-2016, 01:20 PM
I was in the Bread Meats Bread burger place on Lothian Road a couple of weeks back, and my goal-keeping ten year old son couldn't decide what to get. He asked me, in all seriousness, "what do you think Conrad Logan would get?" A true legend.

leither17
02-07-2016, 03:23 PM
I was in the Bread Meats Bread burger place on Lothian Road a couple of weeks back, and my goal-keeping ten year old son couldn't decide what to get. He asked me, in all seriousness, "what do you think Conrad Logan would get?" A true legend.

One of everything on the menu

King conrad
02-07-2016, 09:05 PM
love him! when he came jogging out at hampden though I just thought oh no we've signed the pumpherston amateurs goalie.
then I witnessed the best display from a hibs goalie in a long long time, would not have won without him and I will be forever
grateful to the big man,:not worth

staunchhibby
02-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Hey nothing wrong with pumphy.Shows he used all the restuarants here :na na:

hfc rd
02-07-2016, 09:16 PM
Gutted to see the big man go but best of luck to him. Will forever be remembered as a HIBS LEGEND! Thank you for the memories Conrad!