PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody..........

H13BYM
30-06-2016, 10:37 AM
...Been this excited for the new season to start??? :greengrin

snooky
30-06-2016, 11:00 AM

TBH, despite the recent euphoria, I still have an inbuilt safety harness that won't let me go beyond the 'cautiously optimistic' threshhold.

Waxy
30-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Beating Falkirk in the first game would be massive for us.

Callyballybe
30-06-2016, 11:32 AM
I'm in a weird place as a hibs fan at the moment.

Having actually won the Scottish, and brought in a manager of Lennon's quality - There is this new part of me that is genuinely optimistic, not just for this season but dare I say, for the future in general.

But the experience of the past 20/25 years is doing it's best to put a dampener on these new found feelings!

If we can hit the ground running at the start of the season and get a couple of wins under our belt. Then I think the optimism will turn into genuine belief. :agree:

:flag::flag::flag:

Callyballybe
30-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Definitely!

hibby6270
30-06-2016, 12:23 PM
After finally winning the Holy Grail, I've lurched into a becalmed state of mind and worry I'll not be able to jump up and cheer a Hibs goal again.:confused::confused:

Is this normal? Am I alone? Should I seek medical help? :wink::wink:

Jack Hackett
30-06-2016, 12:23 PM

Biggest scheduled game of the season for me. Win this and we get a massive boost...not to mention putting the heat on Houston, a man who gets up my nose more than Warburton ever did tbh. Lose and we'll deflate faster than Jordans boobs. A draw...unless we come back from 2 or 3 down, will feel like a defeat. Massive game

NAE NOOKIE
30-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Hate the fact that we have to start on Falkirk's plastic piece of crap ..... as far as I'm concerned it gives them an advantage.

A win there would be a real statement of intent, but if we don't it wont be the end of the world .... Falkirk's season last year was exceptional lets not forget I just cant see them or any of the other teams putting together a Hearts or Sevco type run. I don't think we will run away with it, but we should be good enough to win the league.

Waxy
30-06-2016, 12:55 PM
After finally winning the Holy Grail, I've lurched into a becalmed state of mind and worry I'll not be able to jump up and cheer a Hibs goal again.:confused::confused:

Is this normal? Am I alone? Should I seek medical help? :wink::wink:
All part and parcel of coming to terms with a new high point.

Ardenttwo
30-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Has anyone any idea when we will be sent our season tickets for the new season

Ergye
30-06-2016, 03:25 PM
I fully expect the Championship to be won by mid March, with another 2 good cup runs. Emptying Sevco from the Scottish at Ibrox (with my mate Sluggy to hijack the PA System at the final whistle, and blast Sunshine On Leith over their tannoy, and Neil Lennon to pull down his pants and reveal an S on his left bumcheek, an R on the right bumcheek, then bend over and moon the Sevco support with a cheeky SOL) and also putting Hertz out of the League Cup, extending their barren run in this competition to....... What is it now? A gazillion years?

monktonharp
30-06-2016, 03:39 PM
I am genuinely very upbeat for the coming season. I was on the verge of asking someone else to take over as our bus convenor but feel invigorated. A lot of it is with the cup win, wheras the cup final defeat a few weeks before that, took the wind out of our sails a bit. anyway, onwards and upwards and I fully expect our away game supporters to help keep our buses going , and get their names down early for cup semi/and finals:greengrin . saying that, It would still be a great achievement to get into the latter stages this season.

Finn2015
30-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Very excited to the point if I think about it, a little dribble of wee may escape me

hibbydog
01-07-2016, 07:47 AM

I too am struggling with this wave of happiness. I don't think we'll eer beat it. Ffs did we realy just win the Scottish cup with a last minute winner against the Huns?

PeeJay
01-07-2016, 09:06 AM

:confused: ... excited about the start of a third attempt to get out of the Championship - not really ....

GreenLake
01-07-2016, 09:24 AM
Last season will be hard to top as winning the championship is worth far less than a Scottish Cup in the grand scheme of things. Can't wait for it to start though!