As far as I am aware there is no TV deal to show any of the Championship games

Winston Ingram
29-06-2016, 03:24 PM

That's my understanding too

DH1875
29-06-2016, 03:28 PM

The deals are with the SPFL so they could technically show a championship game if they wanted. Nothing to say they have to which is why i doubt they will.

Do ALBA not have a deal for live games though?

monktonharp
29-06-2016, 03:39 PM
As far as I am aware there is no TV deal to show any of the Championship gamesnae Alba? just when I was brushing up on my Gaelic tae.

SJM
29-06-2016, 03:40 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/first-batch-of-live-tv-games-confirmed/

Falkirk v Hibs not on TV. Good.

Why is it good? We will sell out regardless and many will miss out.

Marco G
30-06-2016, 08:13 AM
Does not affect our income, since TV money is what pays for the prize pots. Maybe I can enjoy a lot more Saturday 3pm kick offs after a few pints rather than a hurried pint for a Sunday 12.30 ko! Also gates should be higher for Sat 3pm than for a switched televised game, so Hibs make more out of it. Only way we will have Sunday games is if we get a Europa League run, and in that case I could live with it!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

andrew70
30-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Why is it good? We will sell out regardless and many will miss out.

Completely selfishly I am delighted as I am off to the Community Shield at Wembley on the Sunday.

Was worried for a bit that they'd change our game to be on TV.

jgl07
30-06-2016, 08:21 AM
So its the usual Rangers and Celtic away matches with the odd appearance no doubt by Aberdeen and Hearts.

HibbySpurs
30-06-2016, 08:39 AM
Does not affect our income, since TV money is what pays for the prize pots. Maybe I can enjoy a lot more Saturday 3pm kick offs after a few pints rather than a hurried pint for a Sunday 12.30 ko! Also gates should be higher for Sat 3pm than for a switched televised game, so Hibs make more out of it. Only way we will have Sunday games is if we get a Europa League run, and in that case I could live with it!

Yep, looking forward to mostly 3pm on a Saturday as well

MB62
30-06-2016, 08:58 AM

Saturday 3.00pm kick-offs was the deciding factor for me getting a season ticket this season. If we get promoted, it will also be the deciding factor for me NOT getting one next season as a lot of our games end up getting moved to stupid O'clock on Stupid day.